• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DFW Melee Thread! 10/20 Little Rock, 10/27 San Antonio

❀W.E.M.P.❀

Mote Of Dust
Well unfortunetly we are poor for the time being so we cant make uta

@ultimatehaxor - want to smash tomorrow/today ( friday the 1st ).

We don't have anything set up yet, but if you want maybe we can stop by ( me and my friend ).

I am having a friend set up a place in unt for fridays so that should be set up in a couple weeks, and we'll put up some flyers to maybe get some people to pop in and see if they are interested.

EDIT -

@D'oH - Would you want to stop by our humble little apartment (walking distance from unt ), or just find a place at UNT to play? I am cool either way.

❀W.E.M.P.❀

Mote Of Dust
I am excited people are interested. I am not trying to steal people from UTA, we just want to start a humble little smash scene in this college town

all our welcome of course <3

DoH

meleeitonme.tumblr.com
@D'oH - Would you want to stop by our humble little apartment (walking distance from unt ), or just find a place at UNT to play? I am cool either way.
I don't care as long as there's parking. Walking is for poor people.

❀W.E.M.P.❀

Mote Of Dust
Well maybe we should find a place at unt then as we our poor and I'd hate for you to think less of us because of our apartment.

I'll let you know when we have something set up.

Sanji Himura

Smash Journeyman
This is taken from the AnimeFEST "Back Room" thread. Yeah, I posted it, however I should bring it to the attention of every Texas Melee thread to discuss internally.

Okay, I thought about it and came up with this compromise as far as Melee goes. I realized that it was hypocritical to neccessarly call Melee a dead game, however the numbers have taken a sharp decline since Brawl came on the MLG circuit this year. Compare it to what Street Fighter IV did to Third Strike and what Marvel vs Capcom 3 will do to Marvel 2 once it comes out in March. The old will give way to the young as the saying goes.

However I run into a problem. I lack any Gamecube/Wii titles that will justify buying 8 ASUS monitors exclusively for 8 Wiis.

I am willing to add Melee to the tournament list(I have a memory card that I think has all of the characters unlocked so we don't need to worry about that), however the trade off is that I am unwilling to work the tournament into a Daytime schedule.

So your choice is this, either have the game at the convention to play it at night, or not have the game at all.

By night I mean that tournament start time will be about 11 PM, I think that will be one hour before the rave.

Other tournaments that will be during night time hours will be HDR, Marvel 2 Low Tier, a game mode of Medal of Honor, Halo Reach and duplicate tournaments of Super Street Fighter IV and others.

UltimateHaxor123

Smash Apprentice
Well unfortunetly we are poor for the time being so we cant make uta

@ultimatehaxor - want to smash tomorrow/today ( friday the 1st ).

We don't have anything set up yet, but if you want maybe we can stop by ( me and my friend ).

I am having a friend set up a place in unt for fridays so that should be set up in a couple weeks, and we'll put up some flyers to maybe get some people to pop in and see if they are interested.
dam, i was at my friend's bday party yesterday so i didn't get a chance to reply. if ur playing next weekend ill be happy to go. sry bout that

❀W.E.M.P.❀

Mote Of Dust
Cool, Cool. Hopefully neither I nor Bryan ( roomate/friend ) will be workingboth saturday and sunday ( super unlikely ). Would you rather stop over at our place or have us go to your place. Either way is fine :p

What characters do you use?

UltimateHaxor123

Smash Apprentice
eh, i live in Valley Ranch (between coppell and Irving) so it might be kind of far lol. I know the UNT area pretty well because i went there for a research camp 2 years ago and i travel to Denton every week because my piano teacher lives there.

I'm available on friday after 5 (school) and parts of saturday so hopefully we can work out a schedule.

i "main" marth but i play sheik, fox, falco, and falcon quite a bit too

UltimateHaxor123

Smash Apprentice
o god not luigi lol. i rmbr my friend (sung475 up there) played luigi against me and it was probably the worst experience of my life trying to catch that slippery thing haha.

btw my email is teamrider500@sbcglobal.net. just in case since i don't check smashboards that often. i can give u my number if u want but i'd rather not post it here

Denthorn

Smash Cadet
I really need to check this thread more often. :dizzy:

Yeah, there are like 4 or so of us on the south end of campus that play pretty often, a few of us also play every Tuesday and Thursday at Discovery Park (like DoH mentioned) at like 2 or so, if you're interested. We'll be right across from the cafeteria up there.

Also, if you start running things on Fridays I'd definitely be able to make it, and possibly bring a few of the guys here and some setups as long as it's reasonably close to campus.

❀W.E.M.P.❀

Mote Of Dust
Alright awesome. I am down for Discovery Park. We'll probably take the bus or something. The past week and the next couple weeks are kind of crazy as I just moved down here and my job status is questionable so I am scrambling to get a steady job.

Will update when I have something to update on @_@

Denthorn

Smash Cadet
So, bit short notice on this given my amazing organizational skills, but there's a guy up here who's running a gaming event up at Discovery Park (just north of the main UNT campus) on Saturday at 1 pm. So tomorrow. YAY SHORT NOTICE.

A few of my friends and I will be bringing melee setups, probably two. They should also have several other games running as well (they had Halo and Melty Blood running last time they did this). Anyway, they should be in room F260. It's up on the second floor, just look for the big glass window/door marked as the Computer Science section and follow the noise if you're having trouble finding it, as it's tucked away a bit in the corner of the place and it's a pretty big building to begin with.

Noc

Smash Journeyman
Dear Dallas,
Remember how you regret missing Endless Challenge since most of the best TX players including FLT came and singles pot was almost $300? Don't let it happen again—come to IT2. :D

Not saying IT2 will definitely have that kind of turnout but don't assume it won't.

Sliq

Smash Master
What's going on in this thread?

PS I'm probably the poorest person living in Plano right now.

13th Iconoclast

Smash Rookie
Anyways, I want to come back and play Melee, I have to assume this alias for reasons I wish to keep unknown, but, I want to say this.

Our community was ripped apart with the introduction of Brawl, something that Nintendo severely let us down with, and soon we faded to nothing, but rebuilt, and now have managed to forge a fraction of the community back. However... hope might be on the horizon yet to bring in fresh blood.

Project M.

This is essentially"Project Melee" if you haven't heard of it before. that hacks Brawl to be Melee in regards of how it plays. NOw, this isn't anything like Brawl + or -, or any of that ****. This is TRUE Melee, as good as it can get with Brawl. Please, watch this whole video by my associate, Ms. DynaDASH.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bOyoYCxqokg

Not yet complete, but it shows you what it's capable of.. more to come.

P.S. - Pay CLOSE attention to the end.

UltimateHaxor123

Smash Apprentice
i think project M will be frkin awesome but i'm not gonna stop playing melee

however project M might be useful in the sense that it could draw brawl players to melee

DoH

meleeitonme.tumblr.com
Darkrain and I swept IT

The rest of you need to get your **** together.

I'm talking to you herbavores ;)

UltimateHaxor123

Smash Apprentice
so yea...my friend (sung475) went off to college in socal (lucky) but he's coming back for christmas. Me and some of my other friends are thinking about having a smash tourney/fest when he comes back. I know christmas is a long way off but i'm just wondering if there are any good venues/places around north dallas (irving/coppell) for us to host this. All suggestions are welcome!

yoshq

Smash Master
Hey guise, I'm coming to MLG Dallas and need a ride from the DFW airport to Dphat's house Thursday sometime after 6 pm and Monday sometime as well, who can do it?

Top Bottom