• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DFW Brawl Thread: Batou Monthly, Feb 18th - Revolution 10, Mar 3rd

Status
Not open for further replies.

N.O.T.A.-SrsC@

Smash Apprentice
...okay. what does that even mean?
Ganon has no real combos, he can't move fast enough to completely pursue his opponent after hitting them. You have to wait for just the right moment and smassh them one move at a time. Sure, if your up against the right character on the right terrain, you can FB to a neutral but that's only a few characters, and most of them have to be huge or they have to bounce. Anything else you want to do is all about knowing how your opponent will play and that means you gotta use mind games.

In other news, can't wait for the Bwogo tonight.

Infinitysmash

Smash Champion
Early in the mornin
Risin to the street
Light me up that cigarette and I strap shoes on my feet

Got to find a reason
Reason things went wrong
Got to find a reason why my money's all gone

runningbrave

Smash Journeyman
Love is what I got. Remember that..

My money IS gone. Someone get me a job so i can put gasolina en mi caro! Any suggestions?! Job openings?! I'll take anything. No gas = No Smash.

braveEDIT: James/Gigi, give me a ride to the next event? Like tonights?! I'll drive to your place.

felix45

Smash Lord
I got a dalmation, and I can still get high
I can play the guitar like a mother ****ing riot

Ganon has no real combos, he can't move fast enough to completely pursue his opponent after hitting them. You have to wait for just the right moment and smassh them one move at a time. Sure, if your up against the right character on the right terrain, you can FB to a neutral but that's only a few characters, and most of them have to be huge or they have to bounce. Anything else you want to do is all about knowing how your opponent will play and that means you gotta use mind games.
I can string together hits with ganon, so that just isn't true. it may not be a true "combo" but then again, most combos in brawl aren't true combos. any combo in brawl relies on your ability to predict the opponent after putting them in a bad situation.
"combos" is not ganon's problem. it is that his moves are so slow that it is hard for him to punish. if someone openly attacks his shield, rarely can he drop it and punish with a ftilt or jab, which is a major part of brawl. if he had a faster ftilt or jab ganon wouldn't be half bad.

I still dont understand what you mean by use mind games. "to win you gotta use mind games." that says nothing really.

N.O.T.A.-SrsC@

Smash Apprentice
I got a dalmation, and I can still get high
I can play the guitar like a mother ****ing riot

I can string together hits with ganon, so that just isn't true. it may not be a true "combo" but then again, most combos in brawl aren't true combos. any combo in brawl relies on your ability to predict the opponent after putting them in a bad situation.
"combos" is not ganon's problem. it is that his moves are so slow that it is hard for him to punish. if someone openly attacks his shield, rarely can he drop it and punish with a ftilt or jab, which is a major part of brawl. if he had a faster ftilt or jab ganon wouldn't be half bad.

I still dont understand what you mean by use mind games. "to win you gotta use mind games." that says nothing really.

What I mean is that you can't rely on typical tactics like punishing from the shield because his moves are so slow, you actually have to pull them into your moves using what you know about their characters and what you know about how they play. Thus your success is based more on mind games than techniques developed from and for most other characters in the game.

Fogo

Smash Shinigami
omg, i wake up excited for a brand new day of smash and money matches and exciting tournament play, only to see a page full of ganon arguments?!

wtf people? lol

get krunk for tonight! this bwogo is gonna be a blowout!! let's get it more hype than ever before! i want everybody to feel a little bit of fogo magic TONIGHT!

Bwett

Smash Ace
omg, i wake up excited for a brand new day of smash and money matches and exciting tournament play, only to see a page full of ganon arguments?!

wtf people? lol

get krunk for tonight! this bwogo is gonna be a blowout!! let's get it more hype than ever before! i want everybody to feel a little bit of fogo magic TONIGHT!
Fogo, you just pumped me up! Bring it, ho! Let's do this thing!!!!!

Fogo

Smash Shinigami
aint no party like a bwogo party cuz a bwogo party dont stop!

lol they usually end about 12:30-1 depending on how many entrants we have and how long the finals are.

get krunk billy!

Bwett

Smash Ace
all day everyday!

shuz, dont forget yr remote control this time!
YES! I expect those videos up by tomorrow, sir! I want Fogo magic and Yoshi power to spread across the nation lol. Maybe show the world an up and coming G-Krew possibility along the way ;)

EDIT: A storm's brewing. Yall be careful out there tonight. No rush to get here :)

EDIT2: Ahh, you got me Fogo! Super pro lol

N.O.T.A.-SrsC@

Smash Apprentice
Cookies and Brownies were good, Tourney was good. I'll be back in two weeks and twice as powerful. (One of those is true).

I told VlaD and Lock that they better do better next time. I have a lot of hope for VlaD and 's got hopes for Lock.

Now I'm going to go do what SrsC@ does best: Sleep.

tac0

Smash Journeyman
Thanks fogo.
I actually wanted to hear that song for some reason.

Also: GG's kyas, comet, srsc@, shuz, damien, snap, runningbrave, and whoever else was there.

K.G.

Smash Apprentice
man thats was da absolute worst smash performance ever. lol never agian will this happen.bull****.

Bwett

Smash Ace
I appreciate everyone that showed up to the Bwogo fest this week. Wilma, once again, thank you for your drink contribution. Poot and runningbrave, I hope yall enjoyed yourselves and hope to see you at more events. Big Bob, once again you got owned, but I really enjoyed those Ike dittos. Monica, thank you for the brownies, cookies, and late night run to taco bell. Personally, this fest was one of my favorites. As it stands, Bwogo fest is going on hold for awhile. From August 12th - August 20th, I'm gonna be out of town, visiting family. From then, school will be starting so I'm not sure when the Bwogo fest will be put back on. A new day might have to be picked depending on my schedule, but we'll leave that for later.

Shuz, I'm waiting for those videos ;). Also, way to get super counterpicked last night lol.

runningbrave

Smash Journeyman
bwett1 (& Fargo?! Lol <3), thanks for hosting. I DID enjoy the festivities. Great atmosphere.

Monica, I didn't introduce myself (my apologies) but I know you brought the goodies. Much appreciated.

To those who brought the cokes & THE MILK, thank you kindly.

To my opponents, good matches. Who's SNAP!? Hahaa! Well done sir.

pootTheDoc, we did well. Ah, they really have no clue :chuckle:

Cloak and Dagger

Smash Journeyman
bwett1 (& Fargo?! Lol <3), thanks for hosting. I DID enjoy the festivities. Great atmosphere.

Monica, I didn't introduce myself (my apologies) but I know you brought the goodies. Much appreciated.

Ouch, my feelings.

Ladybug

Smash Lord

That is quite alright. I promise, I won't hold it against you. But I figure that maybe I should enforce the rule that before anyone eats my baked goods, they must introduce themselves first. Hah.
I figure that since I can't contribute with my -awesome- skills (or technically, lack there of :p), I bring food and hang out and giggle when people do terrible. Although, if someone wants to throw UT3 in the mix, it's on!
And YES!! Thank you to whoever brought milk. That was fantastic!
Thank you gentlemen for putting up with me and my non-playing. Except with you Kyas. Next time, you're mine. :D

CometStar

Smash Apprentice
I wish I didn't have to bail as early as I did but thats just the way some things go. Thanks for the great games everyone, that was one of the better smashfests I've been to. :)

DEV64

Smash Apprentice
so the next ones this wednsday right.(man wish i could have gone to that last one ill be at the next one though.)

Noobits

Smash Rookie
Hey who was it that posted about going to ENTERTAINMART (off Preston) to play casually. Maybe we can have get togethers or talk to the owners or something?

Bwett

Smash Ace
Yo guys, here are the results for the $2 tournamen:
1: Infinity
2: Melee1
3: D4ba
4: Fogo
5: bwett
5: Big Bob
7: Snap
7: Shuz
9: dBOX