• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DFW Brawl Thread: Batou Monthly, Feb 18th - Revolution 10, Mar 3rd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bwett

Smash Ace
If it's ok with you guys, I'll try my best to attend.

You probably don't remember me as I'm fairly new to the smash scene, but maybe you could recall our match at Melee1's apt?

Game and Watch vs. Ike, Fogo was sitting on the couch while we were playing, and every time one of your smashes hit or you recovered when it looked like you wouldn't, you'd make a groan/moan kind of noise.

Fogo started imitating you and you started laughing your *** off.

And then your laugh made me laugh.

Yeah, that's all I got.
O no, trust me, that little scene that you described has been apart of G-Krew since it happened. It has been passed down and repeated many times lol. For that, I could never forget you :p.

Big Bob

Smash Apprentice
What? When it happened I repeatedly apologized and immediately sought out a way to wipe it up before it damaged the carpet. Blaming Eric was just a joke.

ICE27

Smash Apprentice
NNID
michael0275
fargos fault
FARGO!?!

thats classic omg haha poot da box! Dude if u don't come ppl will be seriously pissed nah im jking but seriously u need to come so u can get onto the brawl scene and if u can make running brave come too cause u guys so bailed last time.

chronoize

Smash Journeyman
bad news: akai and i tried the recording thing today and we found out that there was a bit of a lag.

edit: after doing some testing your friendly asian smasher figured out a way to record without lag. however the tv MUST have atleast 2 video components. and 2 yellow-white-red ports. and theres gonna be quite a few wires so i suggest it not be near a high traffic zone....probably near the kitchen tv. or the bedroom. i can record up to 4 hrs per dvd. ill be bringing 2 dvds

Bwett

Smash Ace
bad news: akai and i tried the recording thing today and we found out that there was a bit of a lag.

edit: after doing some testing your friendly asian smasher figured out a way to record without lag. however the tv MUST have atleast 2 video components. and 2 yellow-white-red ports. and theres gonna be quite a few wires so i suggest it not be near a high traffic zone....probably near the kitchen tv. or the bedroom. i can record up to 4 hrs per dvd. ill be bringing 2 dvds
I do not have a tv that has that except the hd lag one. Do you have one to bring? Also, everyone, keep in mind we need wii setups and tvs! So far at every smashfest, we have been luckily accommodated.

Tazraz01

Smash Rookie
it was nice meeting a lot of you guys at the tourny on Monday night! 13oss and I should be at tonights bwogo goodness; so well see you all there!

chronoize

Smash Journeyman
I do not have a tv that has that except the hd lag one. Do you have one to bring? Also, everyone, keep in mind we need wii setups and tvs! So far at every smashfest, we have been luckily accommodated.
i do but its pretty big...and i wont be able to bring it on my own. if none of the volunteers have that type of tv then we can resort to plan B which is the camcorder which equals 40 mins of footage. so plz if u bring a tv can u tell us if it has at least 2 video components. and 2 yellow-white-red ports. so i don't have to bring extra luggage

Bwett

Smash Ace
Aww, on July 16th? That's today. I get in DFW airport at 10 PM. Darn, looks like I'm gonna miss this one.
Dude, we play all night. If you wanna show up at 11pm or so, that's cool with me. Odds are me, Fogo, Wilma, and Ice will be playing till 6 in the morning. I really wanna the skillz of up north lol.

How long do you plan on being down here?

chronoize

Smash Journeyman
omg i got an idea. it should work. for the recorder its not that i need A tv with 2 videos i need 2 video outputs. which means i can use 2 tvs. we dont have 2 tvs to spare? well why not use the tv that we're gonna play on and use the hd tv to record.

so basically the wii output is separated into the dvd recorder and a tv. the dvd recorder is connected to another tv (HD) so it wont lag but it will still capture the footage. this way we will have recordings in HD (i think). billy if u up for this ill bring my recorder

Bwett

Smash Ace
omg i got an idea. it should work. for the recorder its not that i need A tv with 2 videos i need 2 video outputs. which means i can use 2 tvs. we dont have 2 tvs to spare? well why not use the tv that we're gonna play on and use the hd tv to record.

so basically the wii output is separated into the dvd recorder and a tv. the dvd recorder is connected to another tv (HD) so it wont lag but it will still capture the footage. this way we will have recordings in HD (i think). billy if u up for this ill bring my recorder
Well two things. Do you have a splitter to separate the wii output into two sources? If so then I don't think we need the HD tv at all. I believe the recorder just records the input that comes in, so we dont need to connect it to another tv.

But if you do need the tv, then I'm down for it.

bluezaft

The True Zaft
All you need is a VCR or DVD player. Route the wii into the VCR/DVD, and then have one output going to the TV and another to the recorder. That's what I did when Wobbles and I were recording friendlies. You need one cable-looking wire and one wire with component cables since VCR/DVDs usually only have those two outputs. I have no idea if that previous sentence made sense--I don't know my techno jargon.

chronoize

Smash Journeyman
i have a splitter. the thing is if we put the wii directly into the dvd recorder it ll lag. ill just bring it cause one way or another itll work

Bwett

Smash Ace
All you need is a VCR or DVD player. Route the wii into the VCR/DVD, and then have one output going to the TV and another to the recorder. That's what I did when Wobbles and I were recording friendlies. You need one cable-looking wire and one wire with component cables since VCR/DVDs usually only have those two outputs. I have no idea if that previous sentence made sense--I don't know my techno jargon.
Good idea, if we can't do it the way I'm thinking, I'll try this with my dvd player. Thanks.

Shuz, what I'm thinking we can try first is with the splitter is exactly what you said but we don't need another tv. Recorders just record the data that is sent in. It doesn't need to output anything. So we go from wii to splitter, have one going to your recorder and the other the tv. SHould work perfectly. Finally get some good footage. Gj Shuz!

chronoize

Smash Journeyman
Good idea, if we can't do it the way I'm thinking, I'll try this with my dvd player. Thanks.

Shuz, what I'm thinking we can try first is with the splitter is exactly what you said but we don't need another tv. Recorders just record the data that is sent in. It doesn't need to output anything. So we go from wii to splitter, have one going to your recorder and the other the tv. SHould work perfectly. Finally get some good footage. Gj Shuz!
hmm that makes alot of sense

Ratatat

Smash Apprentice
yah i wont be able to come today, and the work schedule didnt come out to well either, so i may be gone for awhile, but i made all the matches my sig, so that way i make sure not to forget, i was looking forward to those matches too :/

Big Bob

Smash Apprentice
I'll be showing up tonight with TV & Wii in tow.

Also you're too slow.

Whynot

Smash Rookie
Great tournament Bwett and Fogo, I had a lot of fun. I also learned that 8:30 means 8:30.

Your Yoshi is a beast, but losing to you just makes me want to step up my game, so I guess I'm thankful for that if it makes any sense. :laugh:

Fogo

Smash Shinigami
This week's results: 7/16/08

1 Fogo the Reaper (DDD)
2 shuz (wolf/kirby)
3 bwett (yoshi/falco)
4 Ynot (gw/snake)
5 Wilma (dk)
5 Snap (peach)
7 sai (zss)
7 Geno
9 13oss
9 Big Bob
9 Tazraz
9 Dev
13 Comet
13 Ed
13 Kyas
13 sonn

chronoize

Smash Journeyman
man what a night/morning. seriously bwett and fogo u sure do know how to throw one hell of a smash fest seriously keep it up.

ynot, snap, wilma - man what ever yall are doing to improve keep it up, seriously you guys kept me nervous all night.

G-Krew - thank you for considering me, but as of now im not even at my standards yet. its nice to know that the best are looking at me, and interested in me. And its nice to shoot for the best.

Fogo, bwett - yall raise my standards for myself, and inspired me, and change my view on smash. i bet in a month or two youll be regretting this =)

which ever video yall want up first tell me cause its gonna be awhile till i can upload em all.

EDIT: CRAP did i leave the remote there? if i did then i cant finalize the dvd.

Fogo

Smash Shinigami
i want my set with dev, my set with sai, and the winner's finals with billy up first, friendlies can wait lol

you could also put our set up if you want.

and thanks, i try my best to open people's minds too how deep the game is, despite the lack of tech skill and slow appearance.

Big Bob

Smash Apprentice
It was a lot of fun, though I'm getting kind of frustrated with my Sonic. I pulled off some really cool, impessive crap with him, but I'm remaining extremely predictable and half my attacks miss. I need more practice...

EDIT: Nevermind, I found it.

Bwett

Smash Ace
It was a lot of fun, though I'm getting kind of frustrated with my Sonic. I pulled off some really cool, impessive crap with him, but I'm remaining extremely predictable and half my attacks miss. I need more practice...

And Billy, have you seen a black hairband left at your apartment?
I'll check once I get back to my apartment. And yes, you need more practice lol. Next time, you should be more cautious about calling out my Yoshi ;)

Fogo

Smash Shinigami
fogo and bwett yall now how to throw a smash fest man keep it up.(I got you next time fogo)
haha what are you like my nemesis now? lol

freaking dreamland rivalry :)

Edit: i'm bumping this in case you didnt see it.

Ice you are more than welcome to come. I apoligize to the entire community for my outburst and that dumb post. I hope everyone can forgive me, and come to my tourney to have a good time. And please let me know if you can bring a setup.

Big Bob

Smash Apprentice
I'll check once I get back to my apartment. And yes, you need more practice lol. Next time, you should be more cautious about calling out my Yoshi ;)
After I played Eric, he told me he'd be impressed if I could beat your Yoshi with my Sonic. Having nothing to lose, I went for it.

I feel like I'm starting a weekly tradition of blaming my problems on Eric.

JesiahTEG

Smash Master
Aww, you hold the first biweekly when I get here on the 16th at 11 PM, and you hold the next the day after I leave. Booo lol

Also, how much is the Waco tourney gonna cost altogether?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom