• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DFW Brawl Thread: Batou Monthly, Feb 18th - Revolution 10, Mar 3rd

Status
Not open for further replies.

nineninetyone

Smash Rookie
Yeah, it's Smash. And it's a dude in Forth Worth who is talking trash about how this game takes no skill and talking trash about how much he hates Dallas, so I'm telling him to put his money where his mouth is.
Let me know when you schedule a date. I want to make some easy money from this.

*_Echo_*

Smash Journeyman
I just challenged a guy to a $100 crew battle on the Gaia Online forums. I'm so confident that G-Krew will crush him and his crew that I'll pay for it myself.

Anyone want to start making bets that he backs down and doesn't do it?
lol my friend has a gaia :p aww to bad he doesnt live in ft.worth or that might be him and that would have been hilarious to see him get ***** by u guys :p

Infinitysmash

Smash Champion
He'll back out, trust me. I've known this guy for a couple of years and he loves loves loves to trash talk. He punishes shields the same way Beaumont does.

Donkey Bong

Smash Ace
**** makes me feel bad that my tag is Gaia.

:S

how did Beaumont punish shield breaks? with trips? i forgots

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
Infinity, / anyone else (Scav), will you be going to the Extended tournament on the 28th in Ft. Worth? I can't decide what to run, Swans or TEPS. My friend wants to run a small variant of Deathcloud. Meh I want to play MTG more.

Rudementry

Smash Journeyman
I'm pretty sure you can't get away with turning to the dark side just to play Fox in a tourney.
Play fox? in a tourney. No way man I dropped that noob character waay back. The only time I'd ever use him would be like a low tier tourney or something.

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
There's an Extended tournament in Ft Worth? Where at? I probably will end up going to that, I really like Extended right now. We should playtest some xD
http://www.wizards.com/Magic/TCG/Events.aspx?x=mtgcom/protour/honolulu09-northamerica

I agree we should playtest. You, me, and my other friend who is very bright at the game.

I've decided not to use Swans, as it is will get wrecked by the mass of Faerie decks. I don't want to play TEPS, seems it has lost its "Surprise i'm back, owning your top8" after making 4/8 slots at one location.

Infinitysmash

Smash Champion
http://www.wizards.com/Magic/TCG/Events.aspx?x=mtgcom/protour/honolulu09-northamerica

I agree we should playtest. You, me, and my other friend who is very bright at the game.

I've decided not to use Swans, as it is will get wrecked by the mass of Faerie decks. I don't want to play TEPS, seems it has lost its "Surprise i'm back, owning your top8" after making 4/8 slots at one location.
You might like what I have, me and Rob have been working on something juicy :p

dude just get the pieces of exodia and U WIN
Wrong game n00b! :psycho:

The Real Inferno

Smash Hero
Yu Gi Oh is so much easier than Magic that to this day I remain completely undefeated at Yu Gi Oh and don't even really like or care about the game.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
If you're keeping Metaknight banned in teams, then please take out SBR certified from the first post reguarding the PBT rules. This also applies if you have the summit legal, 2/3 championship matches, and only one set for the grand finals.

Sorry if it seems like I'm being a prude, but I can't have people going around falsifying our ruleset.

Duffman0615

Smash Rookie
So, I'm definitely bringing my GreenWhite deck to DPHat's next time I come. I wanna see how it fares vs more modern decks. :o
modern decks will just simply knock it... plus alot of stuff has been removed by rules anyway. Hope to go to next smashfest

Everis755

Smash Cadet
Hey guys i'm just reposting my friendlies for 1/24. A lot of people @ DPhats said they would be down, so if we get enough people, maybe we could do a little tournament if its what the people want. Call me for info/directions. Heres the post!

Hey DFW, i had been talkin to a few of the DFW brawlers and they liked the idea of brawling at my place where we had our first Irving hosts BBQ Smash Fest. If someone could post this up, and please give me feedback on the idea of saturday, i'd appreciate it. Info is as follows:

Irving hosts Weekly Brawl Fests!

Every Saturday starting as early as 6:00 P.M.!

2881 W. Walnut Hill Apt#2120
Irving, Tx 75083

We can run up to 8 or 9 setups! Tons of space for people to play, eat, and sleep!
All free, but any sort of money put towards the Fest will be used on food and drinks.

Friendlies will be running all night and if enough people show up, we can play small tournies for fun. Noise isn't an issue, but don't be obnoxious either. We are hosting these friendlies to have fun, so just have fun =).

For more info, call Alex(B00se/Dann0) @ 956-874-3435 or IM me on AiM @ Cab00se956er.

Peace!

8AngeL8

Smash Lord
So who didn't see Awestin winning the low tier tourney tonight? Really?

Ness has SS right in his name, you know he's broken.

samusedaway

Smash Journeyman
If you're keeping Metaknight banned in teams, then please take out SBR certified from the first post reguarding the PBT rules. This also applies if you have the summit legal, 2/3 championship matches, and only one set for the grand finals.

Sorry if it seems like I'm being a prude, but I can't have people going around falsifying our ruleset.
Read Hylian.... it already says specific rules applied to PBT will be posted later indicating its not the exact SBR certified ruleset. However, save those few exceptions the rules are the same as the original SBR ruleset. Posting an entire ruleset just to include those things is quite ridiculous, so the use of SBR certified rules (plus rules that strictly apply to PBT) doesn't seem to be trying to "falsify" the SBR certified ruleset.

All it is is context. Please try not to be so easily offended. I don't really have any problems with you, but that comment seemed......unnecessary.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Read Hylian.... it already says specific rules applied to PBT will be posted later indicating its not the exact SBR certified ruleset. However, save those few exceptions the rules are the same as the original SBR ruleset. Posting an entire ruleset just to include those things is quite ridiculous, so the use of SBR certified rules (plus rules that strictly apply to PBT) doesn't seem to be trying to "falsify" the SBR certified ruleset.

All it is is context. Please try not to be so easily offended. I don't really have any problems with you, but that comment seemed......unnecessary.
It's certainly nessasary after I drove 400+ miles to a tournament I wouldn't of attended in the first place had I known the actual rules. The only reason I didn't ask for the rules was because it said SBR certified, which it most certainly wasn't.

KirbyKid also decided to tell me that he would make sure to post SBR-certifed in his tournaments after the SBR asked him not to do so just to spite me. Check out the results thread for the last prince bistro tournament.

8AngeL8

Smash Lord

Something as drastic as banning a character or making the grand finals only one set is MORE than enough to warrant the removal of "SBR certified". If you're doing something like requiring DDD to throw DK away after 5 grabs, that's one thing. The changes KirbyKid made are game altering levels of drastic. You can no longer call it SBR certified when the outcome of the tournament can be so heavily skewed by the rules changes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom