• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dexter Mafia ~ ...?

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
suffice to say the only way to test it is either lynch you, or lynch glyph.

personally, i don't believe Glyph's claim for **** right now, and would prefer we lynched glyph instead, sure, he could be a insane/paranoid/whatever cop, but does town want to be leaded by a possible scum cop all day?

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Also Asdioh, why exactly are you believing him to begin with?

We have two claimed cops and one of them is confirmed and we know he's sane. What's more likely?
a.) The other is not sane
b.) There are two sane cops

What reason does *anybody* have that out of all games this is the one that has two sane cops?

@Joe

Because if he was actually a cop he'd have to be insane or paranoid

:059:

#HBC | ѕoup

Gheb, i've got a town read on you right now(**** glyph) during my re-read, whether killing me or not, i agree with your scum J read, but do you agree with my t-block points?

i understand it's not solid, but it's definetly scummy play.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
And tbh Glyph should seriously be lynched at the end of the day for all the WIFOM BS we have to deal with because of him. Why did we decide to lynch RR again? Right, it's because Glyph CC'd confirmed Sane cop, THE SAME THING RED RUY FLIPPED. There's no reason to believe it at all.

#HBC | ѕoup

even if he was sane or not sane, it would either confirm or kill you.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Nah, we should lynch him at this point. If he seriously flips sane cop you can lynch me but he's obviously BSing.

T-Block can totally die but for now we should cut out the WIFOM crap. I like your points though ... looking at how he attacked Rajam I felt like he was sheeping WL to gain town rep.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Also, how likely do people think it is that there are two mafia factions? We have 3 kills and one janned / abducted player which would either mean that there's SK + Vig + Abductor + Mafia or two mafia factions with a janitor. 3 kills is really damn much, especially if we know that Ryker disappearing has been done by an anti-town power.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Ohhhhh RR, the fun you're about to have. Yes, my sanity is confirmed. Now enjoy being dead!
G-g-g-g-guilty on Gheb

vote: Gheb
I somehow feel like we should ignore Glyph.

Mainly because we already have a confirmed sane cop flipped and I know I'm town so ... you're either wrong or trolling.
Yeah, let's assume that he's telling the truth after the cop already flipped.
He's lying in case you didn't notice yet.

You're not even funny, just saying. I'm not bummed though because even if you had the guilty you'd know as well as me that it doesn't mean crap.

Frustrating. It's obvious one of them is lying: Glyph explicitly said he's sane, and so did RR. Gheb is throwing around the idea of non-sane cop despite Glyph saying otherwise. He's either sane cop, or he's scum. There is no alternative: if he was cop, he wouldn't have lied about his sanity, causing RR's mislynch. Why didn't you vote Glyph right away?

@people: side with Gheb or Glyph when you arrive. I personally think the way Gheb responded to the guilty shows that he's scum.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I personally think the way Gheb responded to the guilty shows that he's scum.
Elaborate? You're using complete gut vs thoroughly explained logic now. You're pretty much taking a lucky shot now rather than making the more logical and less WIFOM infected choice.

Vote Glyph

Don't see why it matters *when* I vote him since I clearly said he should be lynched but w/e.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Elaborate? You're using complete gut vs thoroughly explained logic now. You're pretty much taking a lucky shot now rather than making the more logical and less WIFOM infected choice.

Vote Glyph

Don't see why it matters *when* I vote him since I clearly said he should be lynched but w/e.

Because as soon as he posted a guilty on you, you said we should ignore him? If he's lying about all this, he's positively scum... why would we ignore him in that case?

Choice

Smash Champion
I'm not going to discount the possibility of two sane cops, as I said on D1. It's a large game, and now that we've had three kills plus an abduction then town damn well be pretty buff.
i agree. town's gotta be buff in some way too. i'm guessing/hoping one of the kills was town's though, but then i don't get who they would have killed out of the 3 that died. there was plenty of scummier picks than ANY of those 3.

This post alone confirms me as town and Gheb as scum
i don't get this at all. do you seriously think this confirms you or are you just messing with us now?

Two sane cops in a non-open setup is BS, Asdioh. That doesn't make a lot of sense on many levels...

the issue is that they both said they knew they were sane so if both claims end up being for reals, then it does make sense.

suffice to say the only way to test it is either lynch you, or lynch glyph.

personally, i don't believe Glyph's claim for **** right now, and would prefer we lynched glyph instead, sure, he could be a insane/paranoid/whatever cop, but does town want to be leaded by a possible scum cop all day?
he can't be anything other than sane since he claimed that. i'm put aback at all these posts saying that he could potentially be insane/paranoid caz to me its pretty much giving glyph an escape route for having CC'd RR and for making this guilty claim on gheb.

Also Asdioh, why exactly are you believing him to begin with?

We have two claimed cops and one of them is confirmed and we know he's sane. What's more likely?
a.) The other is not sane
b.) There are two sane cops

What reason does *anybody* have that out of all games this is the one that has two sane cops?

@Joe

Because if he was actually a cop he'd have to be insane or paranoid

he said he was sane. so if you really are town, glyph is scum for sure.

DtJ Glyphmoney

Summoned from a trading card
BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
so you're just expecting us to end the day? :glare:

Glyph, tell me your reads and why you decided to investigate gheb, why do you feel the people who died..well, died?
Where did I say that. All I'm saying is we're going to lynch Gheb toDay.

My reads are Gheb is scum because the sane cop has a guilty on him. Had I read more (ie, any) of the thread, I would probably have other scum picks too.

Your instant desire to kill a potential cop is pretty scummy though :cool:

You're not even funny, just saying. I'm not bummed though because even if you had the guilty you'd know as well as me that it doesn't mean crap.

Ohhhhh yes I am. And feel free to say its meaningless all you want, I'm sure you'll convince some players to follow you.

@town: Just ask yourselves, "Do I really want to have the same train of thought as Soup?"

#HBC | ѕoup

either choice is latter, asdioh, one is gonna flip town, one is gonna flip scum, i'm willing to risk another 'cop' over another mislynch, simple as that.

if glyph flips town, lynch gheb, simple as that, but doing it the other way is stupid, you're just giving glyph more reason to lie.

however, he confirmed sane so i dunno...

one of the other is going to be the lynch.

ALSO.

guess what, glyph CC'ed cop last day, right? why isn't glyph dead? scum woulda just killed the 'other' cop.

DtJ Glyphmoney

BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
Choice: That post confirmed me as town because Soup said I was scum and you can always know Soup is wrong.

Soup: There's obviously at least 3 factions in this game. Even if I were scum, then one of the other factions would have picked me off.

Gheb, your defenses are purely speculation based off game mechanics.

#HBC | ѕoup

unvote vote: Glyph

read the thread, give me some picks, in fact, if you said you haven't really read the thread, why did you investigate gheb?

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
guess what, glyph CC'ed cop last day, right? why isn't glyph dead? scum woulda just killed the 'other' cop.
1. doctor could exist
2. even if doctor doesn't exist, scum has to deal with WIFOM when choosing who to kill
3. read what Gheb said:

We also said Glyph is the lynch if Red Ruy flips Cop.

Red Ruy flipped cop.
If scum know he's the cop then why bother killing someone who is a likely lynch?

Glyph, if I'm going to side with you, can you at least put more effort into the game? :/

DtJ Glyphmoney

BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
I'm going to be reading from here on out, scouts honor

DtJ Glyphmoney

BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
Gheb I know is hard to peg as scum without a cop investigation. Asdioh, would you care to clarify this for me?

#HBC | ѕoup

yes but as town he is even more helpful, and the way you claimed, and everything else is just fsafdsa.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
idk, I've only played with Gheb three times I think, including this game. I was cop in the first game, and he was scum... it's not that I thought he was hard to peg as scum, because I had a pretty solid "likely scum" read on him, but I thought it would be hard to convince people to lynch him without a cop result.

From what I remember, I had a slightly town read on Gheb in this game.
@Glyph

do you believe you got doc protection?
What is the point in asking this?

DtJ Glyphmoney

BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
No, that would mean there would have been like 4 NKs plus an abduction.

Most likely all the factions figured one of the others would get it.

And don't give me that **** about factions not knowing others existed, since we know now there's at least 3, they must be fairly small. Small enough to gather than there's more out there.

#HBC | ѕoup

yep.

not willing to go with glyph at all, if you flip town then boo-hoo but then we have a scum gheb which if i may add is just as strong as town gheb.

how can you not argue with that logic?

inb4you'recopandyouaresaneandishouldfollowyou

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
watch Glyph be sane mafia cop >_>
Actually yeah, I'm even more inclined to believe there are two sane cops if we consider this possibility. Remember, anything is possible in mafia, including a town JoaT that has a 1/4 chance to either watch, protect, vig, or neighbor their target, and just happens to kill the mafia tracker!

#HBC | ѕoup

Asdioh, i fully understand why you would prefer keeping a PR alive, i do..but man..glyph is so scummy dawgg

DtJ Glyphmoney

BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
List why Soup, other than you're mad I'm picking on you

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Vote Count 2-1

The deadline has been set for 3:00pm EST on May 19th

With 11 players alive it takes 6 to lynch!

Tandora (0) -
Glyph (2) - Gheb_01, Soupamario,
JTB (0) -
Rajam (1) - JTB,
vVv Choice (0) -
Gheb_01 (2) - Glyph, Asdioh,
Soupamario (0) -
T-block (0) -
Dark Horse (0) -
Asdioh (0) -
J (0) -

No Lynch (0) -

Not Voting (6) - Tandora, Rajam, vVv Choice, T-block, Dark Horse, J

Tandora

Smash Rookie
G-g-g-g-guilty on Gheb

vote: Gheb
Glyph, what kind of result did you get exactly?

1) Guilty
2) Scum
3) Mafia
4) Not town
5) Other - be specific

With the La Guerta flip as switch, I suspect that she's what is called an enabler character. As mentioned, we had one of these in Pikmin mafia where that character could turn powers on and off. It is possible that Doakes is a Paranoid cop who could only work if La guerta used her ability on him.

Glyph, read your pm and tell me some general things about it. If you're not sure you can answer my questions, ask Chibo first.

Do you have any weird fonts, underlined, italicized or bolded sentences in your pm? Did the last line of your pm say your sanity was confirmed like RR's?

@town: Just ask yourselves, "Do I really want to have the same train of thought as Soup?"
I don't approve of this line of thought at all. It simply discredits Soup by brushing off his playstyle rather than hard facts from the game proper. Scum tactic.

Tandora

Smash Rookie
I believe we can accept Asdioh and Ryker as town since Ryker has gone missing. Asdioh, what can you tell us about your mason's activities last night?

DtJ Glyphmoney

BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
Tandora: I don't know how much clearer I could be than "guilty on Gheb." I got a guilty on Gheb. I already gave the major points (albeit very condensed) in the post where I claimed. No italics or underlined text, though my name, role, and wincon are all bolded, as is my ability to investigate someone. Also yeah, confirmed sanity is on the very last line.

That post was a joke poking at Soup because lets be honest its tons of fun.

Top Bottom