• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Deva's Brawl Link at the EWU Smash Tourney

DomLink

Smash Rookie
Very nice videos, especially the combo vid from SSBM in your sig. I do have a question though, whats your take on the gale boomerang as opposed to the normal one? As you can prob tell by the name, I main Link and I have to admit I'm curious as to how to best use the new boomerang to the fullest.

Hitage

Smash Cadet
very good and enjoyable matches, people say Link sucks in brawl but from the looks of it he seems pretty darn good. I guess it just takes a skilled user to play Link properly.

Helicore

Smash Rookie
I was on edge the whole time during the end of that second video of you vs. eggz.

Really great job on playing link. Kind of makes me want to consider maining him

Deva

Smash Lord
Very nice videos, especially the combo vid from SSBM in your sig. I do have a question though, whats your take on the gale boomerang as opposed to the normal one? As you can prob tell by the name, I main Link and I have to admit I'm curious as to how to best use the new boomerang to the fullest.
honestly, they're just different. Gale boomerang only does damage from the initial throw to about half way through it's flight pattern. After that it just pulls the enemy towards you, or if it hits at the end, just pushes them away a little. For the most part, use it like the boomerang from before. It can be used some times to pull people off the edge if theyre trying to edge guard you, and if they dodge the rang the first pass, it may pull them in for a combo on the way back.

Elijah2352

Smash Rookie
How do you do the thing where u sort of wavedash off and grab the ledge.? I've been wondering about that for a while, but nobody seems to know.

1Two3

Smash Rookie
That was nice man. Props to ya. I used to main Link in Melee, but for some reason I just can't get a hang of Link in Brawl. Has he changed that much?

Problem2

Smash Champion
NNID
Problem0
You play a good Link, and Eggz plays a good Mario. I wasn't impressed with the metaknight though, he did too much sitting there while you spammed projectiles.

-: Trey :-

Smash Apprentice
nice vids! That first battle with metaknight made me relize how hard of a time a metaknight will have against other swordsman players

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
It's good to see you're still play Link Deva ^_^

*remembers when you first joined the forums*

edit:

notic, Deva>>>you lol

Deva

Smash Lord
*Remembers first joining the forums*..........fails....lol

I gotta say, I don't think I've been grateful enough to you since I joined. You could have been much harder on me especially for the ungrateful nub that I was, yet you helped me out and I can honestly say you deserve most of the credit for helping me become as good as I am. Thank you.

We should play online sometime though, check me out on allisbrawl for matchmaking and what not. Link dittos are hella fun in Brawl so looking foreward to it.

LeeHarris

Smash Lord
Pretty good, but you need to use more bombs. You had lots of free time in all of your matches where you either weren't going to damage them with the boomerang or hit them with an arrow. That is when you should pull out your bomb. I picked up Link a few weeks ago and his projectile game is the same with th exception of the boomerang range. If you watch some pro melee Links you can see how they will pull out bombs any chance they get (when you're free falling, when the opponent is off the ledge, etc).

Also, hyphen smashing links upsmash is amazing. It slides fairly far and you'll suck them in if they are on either side of you.

Don't give up on Link. He's smexy.

Sinbad

Smash Rookie
I really enjoyed watching those videos. It reminded me of how much work I gotta do to become a better Link player... Thanks for posting, maybe we could play some time! :)

Deva

Smash Lord
Pretty good, but you need to use more bombs. You had lots of free time in all of your matches where you either weren't going to damage them with the boomerang or hit them with an arrow. That is when you should pull out your bomb. I picked up Link a few weeks ago and his projectile game is the same with th exception of the boomerang range. If you watch some pro melee Links you can see how they will pull out bombs any chance they get (when you're free falling, when the opponent is off the ledge, etc).

Also, hyphen smashing links upsmash is amazing. It slides fairly far and you'll suck them in if they are on either side of you.

Don't give up on Link. He's smexy.
Lol, you should check when these vids were uploaded, as in before the game even came out in the US. Also, bombs are near useless in Brawl. You should only use them with an arrow cancel or while coming down from above along with a few other situations. And yeah, I guess I should go watch some pro Links to see how they pull bombs........>_>. Also, the Kara cancel u-smash doesn't suck people in. It has to be spaced pretty well or else you just slide by them. Hook shot cancel to the kara u-smash is a pretty good combo though.

I'll try to get some recent matches up here's one from last month.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WExwTtO8Hlc

I still have'nt learned the kara cancel in this vid and were missing the last 2 matches so whatevs. I'll get some recent matches up this coming week.

Dingding123

Smash Journeyman
Very, very nice. Learned I needa toss the 'rang around more, cuz that's link's only projectile that u can aim diagonally. One question though...what was up with the pause in the final round against eggz?

Oh, I noticed in the vid u just posted in ur last comment that u discovered something I figured out recently: link can shoot two arrows in one full jump - with proper timing, of course. I'm impressed how you pulled that off every time you tried to. :)
Looks like i'll hav to practice that.

Luv the music in the background, btw! :bee:

mthegreatone

Smash Cadet
*still waiting to see notic's match videos*

Deva...just rewatched Match 2 vs. Eggz.....was on the edge of my seat AGAIN. craziness.

smkdude

Smash Rookie
In the third vs. Mario match, I loved it when Mario started posing, but Link just managed to make it back to the edge. These matches make me want to experiment more with Link, v. good use of his up tilt.:chuckle:

LeeHarris

Smash Lord
Lol, you should check when these vids were uploaded, as in before the game even came out in the US. Also, bombs are near useless in Brawl. You should only use them with an arrow cancel or while coming down from above along with a few other situations. And yeah, I guess I should go watch some pro Links to see how they pull bombs........>_>. Also, the Kara cancel u-smash doesn't suck people in. It has to be spaced pretty well or else you just slide by them. Hook shot cancel to the kara u-smash is a pretty good combo though.

I'll try to get some recent matches up here's one from last month.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WExwTtO8Hlc

I still have'nt learned the kara cancel in this vid and were missing the last 2 matches so whatevs. I'll get some recent matches up this coming week.
Haha. What notable tournaments have you won or placed in for Brawl?

Deva

Smash Lord
Haha. What notable tournaments have you won or placed in for Brawl?
Do a little reasearch on me before asking useless questions. You know, Tournaments, videos, The Link boards, etc. I could have asked the same of you lol.

Top Bottom