• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Demon Lord Ghirahim's Fabulous Horde of Stunning Features! CONFIRMED ASSIST TROPHY APPEARANCE!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Ah, I see. That would be pretty cool if they were dropping hints there. I thought the biggest hint was that Ghirahim's music was used so thoroughly in the Mechareggie Treehouse video. Tell me no one wants a Ghirahim stage with matching music that takes place in the spiral down place where you fight like 5 bosses. Boss of that stage would be the big black thingamajig, it's all so perfect! I'm going to be so pumped if/when he's revealed, we should throw a party *playsKazoo*.
Yeah, I found weird that they used Ghirahim's boss theme in the Treehouse announcement video. I am try to not read too much into it, though.

Your idea for a stage sounds cool, but we already have a Skyward Sword stage in SSB4...

Wazygoose

Smash Journeyman
NNID
AppleJackSix
Yeah, I found weird that they used Ghirahim's boss theme in the Treehouse announcement video. I am try to not read too much into it, though.

Your idea for a stage sounds cool, but we already have a Skyward Sword stage in SSB4...
True, but if there's going to be 5-6 LoZ characters in the game, 2 stages isn't unreasonable I think. Only other thing I could see is a WW stage. If Ganondorf goes toon that would make sense for sure.

If they did have another SS stage though, then the pit is a pretty natural choice. Actually the ship deck would be wicked, too, but it's not as iconic.

EDIT: Forgot about the pirate ship, the best stage in Brawl imo. So yea you're right...

Last edited:

Reila

My idea for his Final Smash is him turning into a sword and then Demise appearing to attack the adversary using Ghirahim. A cutscene FS, essentially.

By the way, where can I listen to Skyloft's theme in Smash 4? Any links to it?

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
My idea for his Final Smash is him turning into a sword and then Demise appearing to attack the adversary using Ghirahim. A cutscene FS, essentially.
I don't think it would be fair to Ghirahim for Demise to take the spotlight in his FS.
I think it would be better if he simply transforms into his Spirit Form. He doesn't flinch easily and does increased damage.

By the way, where can I listen to Skyloft's theme in Smash 4? Any links to it?
No, unfortunately. I only found out by watching footage of the stage through the Treehouse (trying to pick it out through the talking is understandably difficult) and, of course, by playing the stage at the SmashFest.

Reila

I don't think it would be fair to Ghirahim for Demise to take the spotlight in his FS.
I think it would be better if he simply transforms into his Spirit Form. He doesn't flinch easily and does increased damage.

No, unfortunately. I only found out by watching footage of the stage through the Treehouse (trying to pick it out through the talking is understandably difficult) and, of course, by playing the stage at the SmashFest.
I don't think it was fair to Ghirahim for Demise to take the spotlight from him in Skyward Sword. :awesome:

But yeah, he transforming into his muscular macho form would be very cool. How long should the transformation last? 30 seconds?

I will take your word on that, then.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I don't think it was fair to Ghirahim for Demise to take the spotlight from him in Skyward Sword. :awesome:
But yeah, he transforming into his muscular macho form would be very cool. How long should the transformation last? 30 seconds?
I will take your word on that, then.
Well, to be fair, he was kind of trying to get Demise to show up. So it's Ghirahim's own damn fault he got shafted at the end. XD

I think it would last about 30 seconds, yeah. Honestly, that actually seems a bit long.
For example, Giga Bowser lasts for about 10 seconds, and Wario-Man lasts for 18.

Wazygoose

Smash Journeyman
NNID
AppleJackSix
His macho form was awesome, but maybe not formidable enough in SS to warrant a FS. I think him turning into a giant sword is probably the way to go. If that were the case, would macho be just a costume, or a moveset? As in, he could have 3 movesets like Palutena and the Miis: swordless, 1-2 swords, macho man.

Reila

Rosalina's FS is so... meh
Well, to be fair, he was kind of trying to get Demise to show up. So it's Ghirahim's own damn fault he got shafted at the end. XD

I think it would last about 30 seconds, yeah. Honestly, that actually seems a bit long.
For example, Giga Bowser lasts for about 10 seconds, and Wario-Man lasts for 18.
Yeah, it is. And he was so happy when Demise showed up haha. But still, in a way, he was "hijacked by Ganon" by the end of the game.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Yeah, it is. And he was so happy when Demise showed up haha. But still, in a way, he was "hijacked by Ganon" by the end of the game.
Not really.

The only Zelda villain to get "hijacked by Ganon" was Zant. They totally played him up as the big bad and then it was pulled out from under him at the very last second.

Ghirahim straight up told you he was serving someone and that it was his goal to revive him, and he actually achieved that goal.

Yuga revived Ganon, but, instead of letting him do all the work, he just fused with him.

Last edited:

Hong

The Strongest
Something tells me Rosalina's FS will see immense revision, especially after public response. Makes prospects for Ghirahim kind of scary, since Final Smashes kept behind closed doors run more risk of sucking.
Ghirahim straight up told you he was serving someone and that it was his goal to revive him, and he actually achieved that goal.
More games need this. I hate when they just spring some big bad on me in like the last half an hour of the game. Give me some feeling and material to associate with them on my journey... make me want to see their end early so I can build anticipation.

Reila

Not really.

The only Zelda villain to get "hijacked by Ganon" was Zant. They totally played him up as the big bad and then it was pulled out from under him at the very last second.

Yuga revived Ganon, but, instead of letting him do all the work, he just fused with him.
Hence "in a way". :p It was part of the plot, but he still stopped being the major villain by the end of the game. It would be weird otherwise, specially since we fight The Imprisoned thrice through the game, so I am not complaining it happened, tho.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Something tells me Rosalina's FS will see immense revision, especially after public response. Makes prospects for Ghirahim kind of scary, since Final Smashes kept behind closed doors run more risk of sucking.
If Ghirahim's Final Smash really is like I predicted, then I'm sure it'll be fine, as its basically just a huge buff.

More games need this. I hate when they just spring some big bad on me in like the last half an hour of the game. Give me some feeling and material to associate with them on my journey... make me want to see their end early so I can build anticipation.
Skyward Sword's story was definitely one of its strongest points.

Ghirahim himself was really revolutionary for the series; never has Zelda had such a hands-on (literally!) antagonist. It actually made him feel like an actual character.

Wazygoose

Smash Journeyman
NNID
AppleJackSix
Hence "in a way". :p It was part of the plot, but he still stopped being the major villain by the end of the game. It would be weird otherwise, specially since we fight The Imprisoned thrice through the game, so I am not complaining it happened, tho.
I'd have to agree. You see Ghirahim a lot during the course of the game, and many times you're not even fighting him as a boss. He was the orchestrator of all the other things in the game, and was the reason Zelda fell from the clouds in the first place. Even though you know the whole time that he's trying to resurrect a greater evil, the player associates the main struggle with Ghirahim, the primary antagonist. And then he just poofs into a sword when Demise shows up. Plot-wise it makes sense, but as a player I felt it was emotionally anticlimatic that you never see Ghirahim in the game after you defeat Demise.

Reila

I'd have to agree. You see Ghirahim a lot during the course of the game, and many times you're not even fighting him as a boss. He was the orchestrator of all the other things in the game, and was the reason Zelda fell from the clouds in the first place. Even though you know the whole time that he's trying to resurrect a greater evil, the player associates the main struggle with Ghirahim, the primary antagonist. And then he just poofs into a sword when Demise shows up. Plot-wise it makes sense, but as a player I felt it was emotionally anticlimatic that you never see Ghirahim in the game after you defeat Demise.
Exactly!! Glad I am not the only who thinks Demise being the final boss was anticlimatic. In a perfect scenario, Demise would have been resurrected, Link (the player) would fight him, win the battle and then Ghirahim would snap after seeing his master being defeated (after all the work he went through to resurrect him) and fight Link for the fourth time, in an epic final battle. I still love Skyward Sword, even with Demise "hijacking" Ghirahim in the end, though.

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Exactly!! Glad I am not the only who thinks Demise being the final boss was anticlimatic. In a perfect scenario, Demise would have been resurrected, Link (the player) would fight him, win the battle and then Ghirahim would snap after seeing his master being defeated (after all the work he went through to resurrect him) and fight Link for the fourth time, in an epic final battle. I still love Skyward Sword, even with Demise "hijacking" Ghirahim in the end, though.
Who says that won't happen?

Maybe that's the plot of Zelda Wii U?

Reila

Who says that won't happen?

Maybe that's the plot of Zelda Wii U?
I would prefer Zelda U to have its own plot, but if Ghirahim reappears, it would be even better. I really hope he doesn't stay as an one-game character.

Wazygoose

Smash Journeyman
NNID
AppleJackSix
I would prefer Zelda U to have its own plot, but if Ghirahim reappears, it would be even better. I really hope he doesn't stay as an one-game character.
If he IS in Zelda Wii U then I think him being in SSB4 is virtually guaranteed. Well I shouldn't say that, but it makes a lot of sense.

ultimatekoopa

Smash Ace
I think we have talked about Ghirahim a lot but we haven't talked about his trailer, What's your ideas?

Last edited:

ultimatekoopa

Smash Ace
I have an idea
Trailer starts with Link fighting Ganondorf, then we see a hooded figure watching the fight, the figure starts laughing while saying "So this is the new form of my master, oh and there is that boy, better show him how happy I am of seeing him again", just when the hooded figure is about to go, he is attacked by Sheik, the hooded figure smiles and Sheik throws him a grenade, Sheik thinks she has defeated the figure but suddenly, the figure appears and knocks her with a roundhouse kick, we see Ghirahim, "Ghirahim fills the battle with rainbows", we see the gameplay trailer with Ghirahim doing a roundhouse kick against Luigi, beating Marth with 2 swords and teleporting, at the end of the trailer we see Ghirahim smiling and says "Now you are mine, boy", and launches against Link

Wazygoose

Smash Journeyman
NNID
AppleJackSix
Link and Zelda are fighting off other Smash characters and emerge victorious. Just as they are standing posing and about to make out, the triforce shards on their hands start to glow. They look at each other, then towards the direction of a slow deep laugh. A smash bros invitation blows in the wind and is caught violently by a fist, but who...? On the fist the triforce of power begins to glow... Ganondorf Returns!! Scenes of him using a completely new move set beating up on Zelda, Link, and Sheik play.

Once his moveset has been revealed, another cut scene plays with Link and Zelda fighting fiercly against Ganondorf who is grunting and laughing. They break stand apart facing each other wild west style. The Smash invitation blows across in the wind like a tumbleweed. They squint hard at each other, and just as they are about to spring, a giant sword comes from nowhere and spikes the invitation down to the ground. Ghirahim's cut scene theme begins to play. The sword transforms into Ghirahim, who holds the invitation with one hand. He does his "hyuuh" pleasure sound and tosses the invitation away.

"This news... has just filled my heart with rainbows!" Ghirahim Exposes Himself!!

"A mischievous boy like you needs to be dealt with!" His boss music begins. Scenes play of Ghirahim using his moveset and making his grunting and laughing noises. Link attacks with his neutral A combo, but Ghirahim dodges swiftly out of the way like in Skyward Sword. On the last hit he dodges and then counter attacks with one of a number of moves. "Such stunning features!" Cut scene: the camera zooms in on his face. He slurps loudly with his tongue, then flings his hair back and strikes a pose! Ganondorf, Link, and Zelda look around at each other uncomfortably as Ghirahim just holds the pose for a strangely long period of time. When he finally moves again they are mildly startled.

Cut to a full frontal view of Ghirahim. He bows to Ganondorf. "You may call me Ghirahim. In truth, I very much prefer to be indulged with my full title: Lord Ghirahim!" He hmphs, snaps his fingers, and dissapears leaving behind his characteristic fading glowy diamond things.

Last edited:

Pega-pony Princess

Smash Lord
NNID
auraoftwilight
3DS FC
2938-6383-8579
Link and Zelda are fighting off other Smash characters and emerge victorious. Just as they are standing posing and about to make out, the triforce shards on their hands start to glow. They look at each other, then towards the direction of a slow deep laugh. A smash bros invitation blows in the wind and is caught violently by a fist, but who...? On the fist the triforce of power begins to glow... Ganondorf Returns!! Scenes of him using a completely new move set beating up on Zelda, Link, and Sheik play.

Once his moveset has been revealed, another cut scene plays with Link and Zelda fighting fiercly against Ganondorf who is grunting and laughing. They break stand apart facing each other wild west style. The Smash invitation blows across in the wind like a tumbleweed. They squint hard at each other, and just as they are about to spring, a giant sword comes from nowhere and spikes the invitation down to the ground. Ghirahim's cut scene theme begins to play. The sword transforms into Ghirahim, who holds the invitation with one hand. He does his "hyuuh" pleasure sound and tosses the invitation away.

"This news... has just filled my heart with rainbows!" Ghirahim Exposes Himself!!

"A mischievous boy like you needs to be dealt with!" His boss music begins. Scenes play of Ghirahim using his moveset and making his grunting and laughing noises. Link attacks with his neutral A combo, but Ghirahim dodges swiftly out of the way like in Skyward Sword. On the last hit he dodges and then counter attacks with one of a number of moves. "Such stunning features!" Cut scene: the camera zooms in on his face. He slurps loudly with his tongue, then flings his hair back and strikes a pose! Ganondorf, Link, and Zelda look around at each other uncomfortably as Ghirahim just holds the pose for a strangely long period of time. When he finally moves again they are mildly startled.

Cut to a full frontal view of Ghirahim. He bows to Ganondorf. "You may call me Ghirahim. In truth, I very much prefer to be indulged with my full title: Lord Ghirahim!" He hmphs, snaps his fingers, and dissapears leaving behind his characteristic fading glowy diamond things.
I don't know whether to be disturbed or amused. Probably a little of both. :rotfl: Awesome job. The only thing with these trailers is that I don't think Ghirahim would talk.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
You guys thinking Ghirahim will appear in any form in Hyrule Warriors?

His eternal rival, the 'Goddess serving dog' is playable as you all know ;) :awesome:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Just for the record, I always wanted to fight Ghirahim as Impa to make up for the two times he kicked her ass in Skyward Sword.

Phoenixian_Majesty

Smash Rookie
I was thinking about Ghirahim today at the gym... Since I recal one thing he did alot was walk forwards with his sword in different positions, I was thinking that it'd be cool if Ghira's smashes referenced this, and actually had him walk with a slow pace whilst charging. I can imagine some interesting mind games being done like this.

All three smashes, the front smash ending in a standard horizontal chop, the down smash ending in an uppercut and the up smash ending in a teleport above then fall down slash attack. Not sure if this would work, but I think it'd be an interesting approach to the character, and set him appart from other characters/sword users.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom