• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Demon Lord Ghirahim's Fabulous Horde of Stunning Features! CONFIRMED ASSIST TROPHY APPEARANCE!

Status
Not open for further replies.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
You know, that whole "anti-Master Sword" idea isn't an official thing, as far as I'm aware. It's just an idea fans made based off of how Ghirahim's sword form resembles a dark Master Sword. I'm not sure if that's really such a boost to his chances.

Morbi

Scavenger
You know, that whole "anti-Master Sword" idea isn't an official thing, as far as I'm aware. It's just an idea fans made based off of how Ghirahim's sword form resembles a dark Master Sword. I'm not sure if that's really such a boost to his chances.
I was mostly alluding to his relation with Fi as the evidence. The "anti-Master Sword" thing was just a cool concept.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
I was mostly alluding to his relation with Fi as the evidence. The "anti-Master Sword" thing was just a cool concept.
So, you're suggesting that Fi's trophy is a hint to his inclusion? I assume that, if that's the case, you believe the trophy quiz theory? I'm hesitant to say that that's a significant boost for Ghirahim.

Morbi

Scavenger
So, you're suggesting that Fi's trophy is a hint to his inclusion? I assume that, if that's the case, you believe the trophy quiz theory? I'm hesitant to say that that's a significant boost for Ghirahim.
I honestly wouldn't be a big supporter of the trophy quiz theory if I didn't already expect Chrom/Robin, Palutena, and Ridley. Prior to Ghirahim, I was 100% confident that we would receive a Legend of Zelda representative. So it is easy to believe the theory because it isn't so outlandish according to my original expectations. Upon learning about the correlation between Fi and Ghirahim, he seems like the blatant choice. I was a Tingle supporter (mostly due to his Smash relevance and prominence across the franchise, I suppose his own series didn't hurt). But, assuming these irrelevant trophy quizzes mean anything, Ghirahim is the ideal candidate. So I suppose I do believe the Trophy Quiz theory.

Maxilian

Smash Ace
I honestly wouldn't be a big supporter of the trophy quiz theory if I didn't already expect Chrom/Robin, Palutena, and Ridley. Prior to Ghirahim, I was 100% confident that we would receive a Legend of Zelda representative. So it is easy to believe the theory because it isn't so outlandish according to my original expectations. Upon learning about the correlation between Fi and Ghirahim, he seems like the blatant choice. I was a Tingle supporter (mostly due to his Smash relevance and prominence across the franchise, I suppose his own series didn't hurt). But, assuming these irrelevant trophy quizzes mean anything, Ghirahim is the ideal candidate. So I suppose I do believe the Trophy Quiz theory.
Hey, i didn't know that we were in the same boat :drifloon:, i'm also expecting Palutena, Chrom (or Robin, but IMO is going to be Chrom) and Ridley (well... i have my doubts when it comes to Ridley):dr^_^:

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Well, that logic makes sense, as a new Fire Emblem character and Palutena are quite likely (Ridley is a bit questionable, though). However, what makes you so sure that well get aZelda newcomer in the first place? That's one of the major things going against Ghirahim, and every Zelda choice, at this point.

Maxilian

Smash Ace
Well, that logic makes sense, as a new Fire Emblem character and Palutena are quite likely (Ridley is a bit questionable, though). However, what makes you so sure that well get aZelda newcomer in the first place? That's one of the major things going against Ghirahim, and every Zelda choice, at this point.
That's somewhat true (what you say is based in the idea of the characters limitation -We won't get a roster as big as we want it to be-), but also... if all those characters get in, that means that the trophy hint is most likely true and that also will boost (a lot) Ghirahim chances :drohyou:

Morbi

Scavenger
I was discussing it earlier; the precedent. Sakurai was going to add two additional Legend of Zelda characters in Brawl, six years ago. Legend of Zelda has had a lot of prominence in recent years, a lot of source material that needs to be represented. We already have an OoT 3DS stage, there are a plethora of items: Fairy in the Bottle, Gust Bellows, Beetle, Bombchu, and all returning items. We even have more universal representation through Skull Kid and Midna. Zelda even has phantom as a move. A lot has changed, I expect a character because of that. The new Legend of Zelda Wii U is also confirmed, so it would be a VERY ideal time for another newcomer. We are just moving past the popularity of a Link Between Worlds and the Wind Waker HD release. One of the best selling 3DS titles and Wii U titles respectively. Hyrule Warriors and Zelda U are recent games that will be relevant around release. I just feel as though it is a good time for a character, we only have the "Triforce" as of current.

That being said, he could be including this myriad of content to mitigate the notion that we might not get another representative to Nintendo's second biggest franchise.

Last edited:

Leafeon523

Smash Ace
NNID
Leafeon523
3DS FC
2466-1607-7000
Ok, lets stop with the clone ideas:drflip:, these thread is dead mostly because we started talking about the possible clones (is fun at the beggining but not when there's a full page of these:drohyou:) and yes i'm guilty too (I'm so sorry :drsad:)
I'm sorry I accidentally killed this thread :( But if Ghirahim was revealed, when do you think it would be? Pre e3, at e3, post e3, or post-release?

Maxilian

Smash Ace
I'm sorry I accidentally killed this thread :( But if Ghirahim was revealed, when do you think it would be? Pre e3, at e3, post e3, or post-release?
Don't worry, lets try to revive these thread.... FOR OUR FABULOUS LORD GHIRAHIM! :drflip:

and i have never asked myself when will Ghirahim be revealed (if he's ever revealed):drohmy:, well... i'm pretty sure he won't be revealed before the E3:drsad: and i also don't think he will be left to post-release, why? mostly cause he's a popular character from one of their biggest franchises :drohyou:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Can someone do me a favor? I'm not going to read this whole thread to see if this statement is asked or addressed, but, why would a so-far one time villain and character of a Zelda game deserve to be in over the large plethora of others?

Excuse my double post, but I believe it is definitely worth bringing this to everybody's attention:

Skull Kid, Midna, and Fi are out.
Skull Kid and Ghirahim are the fan-favorite penultimate villains of the series.
Ghirahim and Midna are the fan-favorite one-time characters of the series.
Ghirahim and Fi are the major characters only added in Skyward Sword and... swords.
I associate them all with him. Ghirahim confirmed. :p
The only other Zelda characters I associate with Ghirahim are Vaati, Impa, and Demise.
Demise over ghirahim makes no sense. Sheik confirmed. And Vaati missed his chance as anything in Brawl.
This bottom message here isn't the main one. Respond to the above picture.
@ Kenith Kenith Ghirahim and Lucina...

Four games regarding the most discussion about new character inclusion? I beg to differ. Pokemon is always one of the most. King K Rool or Dixie is one of the most heated arguments we have. Mario is Mario.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Can someone do me a favor? I'm not going to read this whole thread to see if this statement is asked or addressed, but, why would a so-far one time villain and character of a Zelda game deserve to be in over the large plethora of others?

Because they are unique, popular, and promote a newer game.

Morbi

Scavenger

Four games regarding the most discussion about new character inclusion? I beg to differ. Pokemon is always one of the most. King K Rool or Dixie is one of the most heated arguments we have. Mario is Mario.
His prominence was undeniable, extremely observable, very overt. So we have surmised that it is entirely immaterial that he has only made one appearance. His merit speaks louder than his prevalence.

TeenGirlSquad

Smash Master
Well, I would have also said that Midna's chances were pretty good in Brawl. And Zant's role was kind of analagous to Ghirahim's.

But then again, the roster was finalized in July 2005, so maybe that explains their absence.

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Well, I would have also said that Midna's chances were pretty good in Brawl. And Zant's role was kind of analagous to Ghirahim's.

But then again, the roster was finalized in July 2005, so maybe that explains their absence.
Zant isn't analogous to Ghirahim. He has more in common with Twinrova than he does Ghirahim.
The reason Ghirahim was such a surprise in the first place was because no other villain had such a direct role in the events of the game, not even Ganon.

But yes, the roster being finalized in 2005 did completely ruin either of their chances.

andimidna

Smash Master
Well, Twilight Princess had to compete with another major Zelda for Brawl content. Wind Waker.

Since Brawl, there has only been 1 major 3d Zelda. Skyward Sword.

So, no major competition. It's still the most prominent new Zelda.
ALBW was a remake that turned into a handheld sequel. WWHD is a remake of a game that already got it's content in Brawl, and got a character return to celebrate it.

However, Sheik was able to make it when competing with Majora's Mask, so the roster being finalized does make a difference.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Well, Twilight Princess had to compete with another major Zelda for Brawl content. Wind Waker.

Since Brawl, there has only been 1 major 3d Zelda. Skyward Sword.

So, no major competition. It's still the most prominent new Zelda.
ALBW was a remake that turned into a handheld sequel. WWHD is a remake of a game that already got it's content in Brawl, and got a character return to celebrate it.

However, Sheik was able to make it when competing with Majora's Mask, so the roster being finalized does make a difference.
It's probably worth mentioning that the remakes do matter. We got a Gerudo Valley stage from Ocarina of Time 3D, so it's not out of the question that Wind Waker HD could influence the game and roster.

Last edited:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
So... the answer to my question*, was

because of Greninja

and because we decided.

Thanks for the help

* "why does a one time character in one zelda game qualify for a spot moreso than the other characters, who are all Triforce wielders and known by non-zelda fans all over (except Sheik, who likely would not have been a character if the game transformation rule were made before"

Morbi

Scavenger
So... the answer to my question*, was

because of Greninja

and because we decided.

Thanks for the help

* "why does a one time character in one zelda game qualify for a spot moreso than the other characters, who are all Triforce wielders and known by non-zelda fans all over (except Sheik, who likely would not have been a character if the game transformation rule were made before"
You don't believe that the merit of the character is more important than the amount of appearances they made? You imply that it is arbitrary reasoning (which is true to an extent), yet you reciprocate with arbitrary reasoning. In that event, your sarcasm seems a little self-defeating. Nevertheless, perhaps you would like to assert why the number of appearances is relevant? We have provided an example as to why it is not, do you have nothing else to contribute?

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
why does a one time character in one zelda game qualify for a spot moreso than the other characters, who are all Triforce wielders and known by non-zelda fans all over (except Sheik, who likely would not have been a character if the game transformation rule were made before
The Triforce wielder thing was introduced in Ocarina of Time. Before that, they were just the most recurring characters.

And regardless of how you look at it, Sheik got in. And is a "one time character". You could go as far as to say that Zelda/Sheik as a single character is still a one-time character, technically speaking.

Morbi

Scavenger
The Triforce wielder thing was introduced in Ocarina of Time. Before that, they were just the most recurring characters.

And regardless of how you look at it, Sheik got in. And is a "one time character". You could go as far as to say that Zelda/Sheik as a single character is still a one-time character, technically speaking.
Although, OoT being remade on the 3DS does give Sheik an additional appearance. I do agree that she is still a "one-time character" in essence. But objectively speaking, it isn't entirely true (especially once you consider her multiple appearances in Smash).

andimidna

Smash Master
Why it can happen:
[collapse=SHEIK vs IMPA]
And the winner is...

[/collapse]
[collapse=ROSALINA vs TOAD]
And the winner is...

[/collapse]
[collapse=GRENINJA vs MEOWTH]
And the winner is...

[/collapse]
[collapse=MARTH, IKE, and ROY VS ANNA and TIKI]
And the winners are...

[/collapse]
[collapse=PORKY and GIYGAS vs LUCAS and NESS]
And the winners are...

[/collapse]
[collapse=GANON vs GANONDORF]
And the winner is...

[/collapse]

Like MorbidAltruism said, there is much more than just recurrence when deciding Smash characters.
Having Giygas and Anna over Marth and Ness sounds crazy... but they're more recurring.
Interesting.
Why it should happen:
- He's still the current popular character amongst Zelda fans, he is the most requested Zelda newcomer
- He's arguably the most unique Zelda newcomer choice left, and the most appealing as a fighter
- Skyward Sword isn't getting character representation through the new Links and Zeldas like what happened with Twilight Princess. In a way, there were 3 Twilight Princess characters in Brawl, and 1 Wind Waker. But we have nothing for Skyward Sword, even though there are so many references to it, including a stage. It's just... weird to me. (This is less important than the others, but the characters have always been updated, and now that they aren't, it feels like it's missing something)

It's not guaranteed, at all.
But despite being only in one game, he's a deserving character.

especially once you consider her multiple appearances in Smash
But if getting in Smash counts as an appearance, than once Ghirahim gets in, he'll be a recurring character :awesome:

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
In addition, the one game he was in was very influential and revolutionary, both for his series and in general.

Skyward Sword was one of the first applications for the WiiMotion Plus, for example.

Last edited:

Leafeon523

Smash Ace
NNID
Leafeon523
3DS FC
2466-1607-7000
Personally, I think Ghirahim would make a great DLC character. Why? Because he fits all of the DLC requirements:
-Not from an obscure series (An obscure character won't sell DLC)
-Unique (No one will pay for semi-clones)
- No immediate advertising potential (No need to promote something like Dixie Kong or Rosalina do)
-from a series that has not previously offered DLC (This could open up LOZ fans to the possibility of DLC)

ultimatekoopa

Smash Ace
If Ghirahim is in, I think he won't be revealed until the game is out, he wouldn't bring as much hype as others characters

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
So he already has a potential alternate costume as well, he is prepared for his inclusion. Haha.

Demise just swings him around as is? Like in "Fi" form? :troll:
I'd say he has good potential alternate costumes AND final smash, his final form being a final smash and his varying clothing throughout the game being costume changes

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
The next Direct will be glorious. I expect Ridley, Ghirahim and Palutena to be announced and I will not accept disappointments.

Morbi

Scavenger
The next Direct will be glorious. I expect Ridley, Ghirahim and Palutena to be announced and I will not accept disappointments.
Why no Fire Emblem character? I suppose you don't necessarily have to be alluding to the Trophy Quiz, but your list is reminiscent of it.

Reila

Why no Fire Emblem character? I suppose you don't necessarily have to be alluding to the Trophy Quiz, but your list is reminiscent of it.
I was alluding to the Trophy Quiz, yes. While not against it, I somehow find the idea of four character reveal at the same time a little hard to believe, so I simply picked the three characters I'd like to see the most between the four hinted newcomers in the Trophy Quizz. I am not big on Fire Emblem, but if the newcomer is the silent protagonist from Awakening, them bring it on =)

Morbi

Scavenger
I was alluding to the Trophy Quiz, yes. While not against it, I somehow find the idea of four character reveal at the same time a little hard to believe, so I simply picked the three characters I'd like to see the most between the four hinted newcomers in the Trophy Quizz. I am not big on Fire Emblem, but if the newcomer is the silent protagonist from Awakening, them bring it on =)
I see, I suppose 4 reveals is a little crazy (especially as we are probably going to get a few veterans). So I see your point. The Fire Emblem character is probably the least hype out of all of them, so I can see why you left them out. Haha.

Maxilian

Smash Ace
Well even if that's actually a hint, that doesn't mean they are going to be shown at the same time:drshrug:

Reila

Well even if that's actually a hint, that doesn't mean they are going to be shown at the same time:drshrug:
There isn't enough time to announce each one of them in a different Nintendo Direct. The 3DS version will be released in what, August? September, in a worst-case scenario? So unless they are planning to keep some of those supposedly hinted characters secret until the release, they will have to announce at least two of them in the E3 Nintendo Direct. That is all speculation based on something (the trophy quiz) which could mean **** in the end.

At the end of day, I don't really care if they are announced next month or not, as long as they are in the game. Although, if you ask me, I would like Ridley to be announced already, just so the haters would finally shut up. Same goes to Ghirahim, in a significantly lesser extent.

Morbi

Scavenger
There isn't enough time to announce each one of them in a different Nintendo Direct. The 3DS version will be released in what, August? September, in a worst-case scenario? So unless they are planning to keep some of those supposedly hinted characters secret until the release, they will have to announce at least two of them in the E3 Nintendo Direct. That is all speculation based on something (the trophy quiz) which could mean **** in the end.

At the end of day, I don't really care if they are announced next month or not, as long as they are in the game. Although, if you ask me, I would like Ridley to be announced already, just so the haters would finally shut up. Same goes to Ghirahim, in a significantly lesser extent.
I feel as though Ghirahim would be a decent announcement because of all of the Zelda content we are going to be getting during E3. So at the very least, we could see him before launch.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I feel as though Ghirahim would be a decent announcement because of all of the Zelda content we are going to be getting during E3. So at the very least, we could see him before launch.
It would be ever more fitting if he was also announced to be playable in Hyrule Warriors, or even if he was in the new Zelda.

Reila

Exactly, E3 would be the perfect opportunity to reveal a Zelda newcomer, who I hope to be Ghirahim (since Midna was de-confirmed). It also very possible that Retro Studio's in-development game will be announced in E3 and it is rumored to be a new Metroid, so I am hoping for Ridley also.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom