• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Demon Lord Ghirahim's Fabulous Horde of Stunning Features! CONFIRMED ASSIST TROPHY APPEARANCE!

Status
Not open for further replies.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
I imagine this thread will be bustling if Ghirahim is revealed.

Full of erratic, satisfied supporters, and former skeptics saying "you guys were right...".
Yes, that would be me.

But I would probably be a little more enthusiastic than that, since I would actually like to see Ghirahim in Smash.

Ghirahilda

♥Smash Beauty♥
NNID
Marcelinho21
Ghirahim all the way!

We can be strong
We can be strong
Out on this lonely run, on the road to love
We can be strong
We can be strong
Follow that unicorn on the road to love

Pega-pony Princess

Smash Lord
NNID
auraoftwilight
3DS FC
2938-6383-8579
So, in the mean time folks, what should we talk about in regards to Ghirahim? I have his theme song stuck in my head. lol

CardiganBoy

Smash Lord
Man, Ghirahim would be that kind of character that will make you feel satisfied when winning battles, all just because his fabulous way of being.

verysleepywolf

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3153-5879-7280
Smash4 isn't gonna have any Zelda newcomers if the max reps per series is five, also considering Vaati is more recurring he would make it in before Ghirahim. But Ghirahim would have an awesome moveset if he put all of his swords to use, along with his unique brand of magic attacks.

chronomantic

Smash Ace
Smash4 isn't gonna have any Zelda newcomers if the max reps per series is five, also considering Vaati is more recurring he would make it in before Ghirahim. But Ghirahim would have an awesome moveset if he put all of his swords to use, along with his unique brand of magic attacks.
There is no 'max reps' rule.

verysleepywolf

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3153-5879-7280
Lets look at series representation over the games:
Mario:mario64::luigi64:
Zelda:link64:
Pokemon:pikachu64::jigglypuff64:
Melee:
Mario::mariomelee::luigimelee::bowsermelee::peachmelee:(:drmario:)
Zelda::linkmelee::zeldamelee::younglinkmelee::sheikmelee::ganondorfmelee:
Pokémon::pikachumelee::pichumelee::jigglypuffmelee::mewtwomelee:
Brawl:
Mario::bowser2::mario2::luigi2::peach:
Zelda::zelda::toonlink::link2::sheik::ganondorf:
Pokémon::squirtle::jigglypuff::ivysaur::charizard::pikachu2::lucario:
I don't see how a "max reps" rule would apply.
I don't see how that logic will apply to a smash game without transformations, now i

ultimatekoopa

Smash Ace
The "max rep for series" is a fan made rule that basically argues that x series cannot have more than y characters, there has never been anything that suggests this is true

Morbi

Scavenger
If reoccurring characters were the only ones that made it into Smash, you might be correct. Characters are based on much more than how many appearances they make.

chronomantic

Smash Ace
I don't see how that logic will apply to a smash game without transformations, now i
But Sakurai counts transformations characters as having separate slots. Hence 39 characters in Brawl. Like @ U ultimatekoopa said, this is a fanmade rule that started on the forums and it rolled on from there -people just assumed it was true. Nobody from the Smash team has ever said anything about it.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
But Sakurai counts transformations characters as having separate slots. Hence 39 characters in Brawl. Like @ U ultimatekoopa said, this is a fanmade rule that started on the forums and it rolled on from there -people just assumed it was true. Nobody from the Smash team has ever said anything about it.
I agree with this, but do you have a source?

andimidna

Smash Master
considering Vaati is more recurring he would make it in before Ghirahim.
[collapse=SHEIK vs IMPA]
And the winner is...

[/collapse]
[collapse=ROSALINA vs TOAD]
And the winner is...

[/collapse]
[collapse=GRENINJA vs MEOWTH]
And the winner is...

[/collapse]
[collapse=MARTH, IKE, and ROY VS ANNA and TIKI]
And the winners are...

[/collapse]
[collapse=PORKY and GIYGAS vs LUCAS and NESS]
And the winners are...

[/collapse]
[collapse=GANON vs GANONDORF]
And the winner is...

[/collapse]

Like MorbidAltruism said, there is much more than just recurrence when deciding Smash characters.
Having Giygas and Anna over Marth and Ness sounds crazy... but they're more recurring.
Interesting.

Last edited:

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
I'm coming around to ghirahim in smash...

the trophy theory with "fi" as the zelda trophy...now his theme at the beginning of that new E3 video... i know its kind of grasping at straws but its giving me a funny feeling that he'll show up, more so than most other straw grasping arguments for characters.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Here for the 39 characters quote. And as for the other thing well, that's the point there's no word about slot limits.
Thanks! This will settle an argument with friends about Pokémon and Zelda having more than five slots :troll:

By the way, I wouldn't be mad if Ghirahim joins Smash Bros (I like the character, and especially his themes), but I do think Midona Tetra deserves it better. I also think Toon Link is alone, and that's bad :troll:

It's not a question a recurrence (well, a bit) but it's more than I don't see really interessting movesets in Ghirahim. But Sakurai can always surprise me.

Although in battle, it's seems that he doesn't use all of his powers, like when he separate Link and Zelda with a magic wall for example.

Again, if Ghirahim joins Smash, I'll still think it will be a fabulous addition. :awesome:

HRR2b23

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2535-4498-3108
Wow, a lot has happened in this thread since my last post, curse you Smashboards for not giving me alerts! Anyways, I'm glad more people are hopping on the Ghirahype train :awesome:

D

Deleted member

Ghirahim's Theme and 2nd Battle Theme are playing !

Confirmed to be revealed at E3 !

Oh gosh ! Oh gosh ! Oh gosh ! Oh gosh ! Oh gosh ! Oh gosh ! Oh gosh ! Oh gosh ! Oh gosh ! Oh gosh ! Oh gosh ! Oh gosh ! :awesome::awesome::awesome::awesome::awesome::awesome:

(In all seriousness though, as far as I despise Skyward Sword, I would be pleased to see him as he was the only argument which retained me to reduce the game disc in ashes.)

CamZilla94

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
5086-2929-3596
Switch FC
SW 2709 2387 5005

Ghirahim's Theme and 2nd Battle Theme are playing !

Confirmed to be revealed at E3 !

Oh gosh ! Oh gosh ! Oh gosh ! Oh gosh ! Oh gosh ! Oh gosh ! Oh gosh ! Oh gosh ! Oh gosh ! Oh gosh ! Oh gosh ! Oh gosh ! :awesome::awesome::awesome::awesome::awesome::awesome:

(In all seriousness though, as far as I despise Skyward Sword, I would be pleased to see him as he was the only argument which retained me to reduce the game disc in ashes.)
That's good to hear, I'm sure he could be an interesting fighter and another villain. Lets hope they reveal all of the trophy teases at E3.

Maxilian

Smash Ace
View attachment 13290
honestly, I think someone like Toon Zelda or Tingle would be more deserving than Ghirahim
Tingle have a really big group of people that hate him, so no... (a couple of his games didn't came out in America cause way too many people disliked him)

Toon Zelda is a possibility, but now i still think that Ghirahim have a better chance

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Tingle have a really big group of people that hate him, so no... (a couple of his games didn't came out in America cause way too many people disliked him)

Toon Zelda is a possibility, but now i still think that Ghirahim have a better chance
Well, now that the transformations are out, I think it boost Tetra's chances a lot. And it also eliminate Toon Zelda, as the Phantom is TP Zelda's move.

Also, I think Ghirahim have a hatebase.

Maxilian

Smash Ace
Well, now that the transformations are out, I think it boost Tetra's chances a lot. And it also eliminate Toon Zelda, as the Phantom is TP Zelda's move.

Also, I think Ghirahim have a hatebase.
Yeah, i agree, Tetra have a bigger chance than Toon Zelda, but i didn't mention her cause... well... she was not part of the topic :p

and yes, Ghirahim have a hatebase, but is way too small and it have a lot of people that actually like him (not like Tingle, for him is the other way around, most people hate him or just dislike him and a really small group like him)

Oatmeal.

Part of a balanced breakfast.
I would absolutely love Ghirahim as a playable character, but the way I see it, he'd look kind of odd comparing him to the Twilight Princess designs. Not that they can't update him or anything like Sheik....

Aw heck, Ghirahim for SSB4.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Yeah, i agree, Tetra have a bigger chance than Toon Zelda, but i didn't mention her cause... well... she was not part of the topic :p

and yes, Ghirahim have a hatebase, but is way too small and it have a lot of people that actually like him (not like Tingle, for him is the other way around, most people hate him or just dislike him and a really small group like him)
I guess the french hatebase is quite vocal then :troll:
By the way, I think the whole SS hatebase is vocal.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
SS was not the people favorite Zelda game :p (but that's the game in general, not the character per se)

Well... i can't say much about the french hatebase, cause... well... i don't read any forums or topics about SSB or Zelda in french :p
"Zelda SS is too anime" basically.

About the frenchies, I think it's more balancesd Tingle and Ghirahim are both hated and loved equally.

verysleepywolf

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3153-5879-7280
Goddamn, post got cut off by my phone and left in ancient history lol. Now I just feel like I'm going back to a settled discussion but whatever...

There's multiple perspectives that you can take on the past rosters and if you think you've found the one that matches up with what Sakurai was thinking at that point in time then the roster of the 4th game will prove you right. One thing I try to be careful about is not to be closed off to other arguments, because why else do we argue? You have to accept that there are people who have it more figured out than you and whenever you bump into someone like this you mold your own thinking with what you learned from that person. Arguing is otherwise just a superiority war.

Now in the past the roster selection screen has always featured slots with Mario characters more prominently than any other franchise. The significance of this is opinionated, but could still possibly mean that Sakurai always wanted to pay most homage to the flagship franchise of Nintendo than any of the other franchises. Now when you consider transformations and the perspective of them being different characters altogether then things get much more inconsistent, but that isn't what I believe. I still think that the strategies of these characters were meant to be conjoined for max benefit, thus being one big character. Sheik was always meant to inflict damage and provide the much stronger Zelda with an opening to finish. The three Pokemon that PT used weren't even able to be played individually due to the fatigue effect.

Considering those things, there is a good counter-argument; each of those transformation characters still required a good chunk of attention and development time despite missing a down-b or sharing a final smash, so they should be credited as their own individual characters. In this mindset there has never been a "max reps" rule and never will be. Things in smash 4 are going to be much simpler, however. The character select screen will say it like it is because of transformation characters being completely altered or removed, meaning that the roster of smash 4 will finally show which party is actually right about the "max reps" rule.

Truthfully I feel about 35% of the users that frequent this thread are fanatics that will adjust and mentally contort their own logic to justify Ghirahim's inclusion, or even worse claim it as an almost definite possibility. I like to be honest not plastic so there you have it. It is a little unhealthy and obsessive, especially when all of us are already obsessive to a degree just for posting on this forum lol. But I hope that the strong want for Ghirahim to become playable isn't clouding anybody's vision so excessively that they do brain gymnastics to keep themselves convinced.

With all of that said I like Ghirahim and would be pretty happy to have him playable.

Maxilian

Smash Ace
"Zelda SS is too anime" basically.

About the frenchies, I think it's more balanced Tingle and Ghirahim are both hated and loved equally.
Nope, i'm sorry but no... they will never be hated equally, Tingle have way too much people that hate him (maybe cause he's already old), also... to evade misleading information, i'm mostly talking about the community in america (yes, AMERICA not USA, so yeah, North America + Latin America), Tingle is actually a really popular character in Japan (people like him there)

Edit: Remenber even if many people had critical views agains SS it had a great reception (More than 30 popular videogame pages gave it great ratings so it was pretty popular, it also got as many high scores in Japan, and it also won many awards, like game of the year)

Last edited:

andimidna

Smash Master
I've never seen a Ghirahim hatebase...

I've seen a scattered few dislike him here and there, and many just below neutral... but it's not nearly as notable as the hate Tingle gets.

I strongly doubt Tingle and Toon Zelda will get in. Despite how important you make them out to be, there's just about no appeal for them to be fighters in Smash Bros. Which really is the most important part, Ghirahim is currently the "new fan-favorite"... and is the most requested of the Zelda newcomer choices. He's got uniqueness and recency on his side too. And :4sheik::4greninja::rosalina: show a lot of the arguments against him don't matter.

His biggest competition is probably Tetra. Even though Vaati is my #2 pick for Zelda, I think his likelihood comes after both Tetra and Tingle.

As for Tetra, [spoiler alert] she's :4zelda:
:4sheik: is also :4zelda:
:4zelda: is :4zelda: too.

I mean does this look like a good Zelda roster to you?:
:4link::4zelda::4zelda::falcon::4link::4zelda:
It sure doesn't to me.

I would like to see:
:4link::4zelda::4sheik::ganondorf:
:4tlink:

Much more unique, and I think it reflects the entire series better. There are more notable antagonists rather than notable protagonists. Like Metroid.

Imagine Ghiragim with a more realistic look... Oh :happysheep:

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Nope, i'm sorry but no... they will never be hated equally, Tingle have way too much people that hate him (maybe cause he's already old), also... to evade misleading information, i'm mostly talking about the community in america (yes, AMERICA not USA, so yeah, North America + Latin America), Tingle is actually a really popular character in Japan (people like him there)

Edit: Remenber even if many people had critical views agains SS it had a great reception (More than 30 popular videogame pages gave it great ratings so it was pretty popular, it also got as many high scores in Japan, and it also won many awards, like game of the year)
Well, he have quite the fanbase in europe because of the first Tingle game released here (and it's really a great, fun, weird game. Like Tingle himself :troll:). And honestly, I've seen a lot of complaints about SS. I'm honestly surprised how loved it is here. That's what I saw about Europe.

I mean does this look like a good Zelda roster to you?:
:4link::4zelda::4zelda::falcon::4link::4zelda:
Except Falcondorf, I would be absolutely pleased with that :troll:

By the way, every Zelda newcommer is a good thing to me. So I'm fine with Ghirahim.

In term of probability, I would say it is Tetra>Ghirahim>Tingle.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom