• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Demon Lord Ghirahim's Fabulous Horde of Stunning Features! CONFIRMED ASSIST TROPHY APPEARANCE!

Status
Not open for further replies.

stan423321

Smash Journeyman
Considering those things, there is a good counter-argument; each of those transformation characters still required a good chunk of attention and development time despite missing a down-b or sharing a final smash, so they should be credited as their own individual characters. In this mindset there has never been a "max reps" rule and never will be. Things in smash 4 are going to be much simpler, however. The character select screen will say it like it is because of transformation characters being completely altered or removed, meaning that the roster of smash 4 will finally show which party is actually right about the "max reps" rule.
Yeah... no. The only way to actually verify this would be getting it straight from dev's mouth or seeing a blatant misproportion (half chars are linked to |Mario or something). It could be that some chars from other series were seen as better choices and there is no limit or it was higher than expected, it could be that they hit the limit that happenned to be maximal amount of chars per franchise, you never know.

Leafeon523

Smash Ace
NNID
Leafeon523
3DS FC
2466-1607-7000
:troll:And now, 5 characters Ghirahim could resemble if he were a clone:troll::
:4marth:: This is the only one with any feasible possibility.
:falcon:: Heck, ganondwarf did it, why couldn't he?
:fox:: Because 1 fox clone has been added per game. He could shoot his red dagger things like a blaster!
:4littlemac:: Heck, the 1st form of the third encounter with him somewhat resembled Punch-out.
:4greninja:: Both have freakishly long tongues...

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Most people think Ghirahim should have a counter, and I think it'd be awesome that if an opponent is swinging a weapon at him during it he can grab it and tear it from his hands just like in Skyward. Wouldn't that be freaking epic? And two of the newcomers we've seen thus far have some form of counter to them, it seems like Sakurai and/or whoever is helping him with these decisions are taking a liking to them.

It'd also be interesting if he could teleport people with his throws, like instead of giving them an arc of trajectory, he tosses them carelessly like they aren't even worth the effort and snaps his fingers to move them far away, perhaps by-passing obstructions that would he or she would've bounced from. That's a bit more out of the box, but the cool thing is that you don't need to use exactly what he did in the game (like I did with my set in the OP), you can really just mess with him quite a bit to do all sorts of new things. ^_^

honestly, I think someone like Toon Zelda or Tingle would be more deserving than Ghirahim
You just jumped right off the cliff with that one. :awesome: *cue laugh track*

Man, Ghirahim would be that kind of character that will make you feel satisfied when winning battles, all just because his fabulous way of being.
You totally get it, don't you?

That's good to hear, I'm sure he could be an interesting fighter and another villain. Lets hope they reveal all of the trophy teases at E3.
When I heard about that, combined with his music playing in the E3 video about Smash, I felt overwhelming empathy with everyone who grasps at straws in order to justify the characters they want. If I'm to be honest, I'm not sold on the E3 video because I feel like a part of me just suspects that Mega64 put in the music as they were featured in the video, and they did so because the theme makes things badass in the most hilarious way when played over a ridiculous situation. As for the trophies, I can see that a bit more, but I'm pretty certain personally that Ridley is disconfirmed, so that leaves me wondering what else it could possibly be hinting at.

Really all I need to have some strength about my hope is Skyward Sword's focus in the game and Sakurai's SWF-backwards taste in characters regarding what makes a newcomer "deserving".

I would absolutely love Ghirahim as a playable character, but the way I see it, he'd look kind of odd comparing him to the Twilight Princess designs. Not that they can't update him or anything like Sheik....
Well considering Skyward Sword kind of had its own little style to how the world and characters came to life it's really no wonder that Ghirahim would look weird as he is in his game when compared to the SSB styles granted to Link and Zelda (just thinking about the Skyward versions of those with them, they'd look quite odd in relation). As you say, he'd just be seen without that Skyward Sword paint-like look and he'd instantly match them.

and yes, Ghirahim have a hatebase, but is way too small and it have a lot of people that actually like him (not like Tingle, for him is the other way around, most people hate him or just dislike him and a really small group like him)
Absolutely agree and I don't think most around here would disagree. Tingle is more of a Japan character, but over there people like Ghirahim more than we do here just like with Tingle, except the hate overall isn't equal between them.

P.S. Loving the little bit of activity this place is receiving lately in comparison to how it was for quite a while there... thanks everyone! <3 Can't say that enough.

Last edited:

HRR2b23

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2535-4498-3108
:troll:And now, 5 characters Ghirahim could resemble if he were a clone:troll::
:4marth:: This is the only one with any feasible possibility.
:falcon:: Heck, ganondwarf did it, why couldn't he?
:fox:: Because 1 fox clone has been added per game. He could shoot his red dagger things like a blaster!
:4littlemac:: Heck, the 1st form of the third encounter with him somewhat resembled Punch-out.
:4greninja:: Both have freakishly long tongues...
You forgot some!
:4pit:: He did the dual blade thing first! And the daggers are basically smaller arrows!
:4link:: Arrows = Daggers, Sword = Sword, Bombs and Rang = Random crap Sakurai makes up! (I'm looking at you, :falcon:)
:substitute:: It can take the place of literally ANYTHING!!
:troll:

Maxilian

Smash Ace
You forgot some!
:4pit:: He did the dual blade thing first! And the daggers are basically smaller arrows!
:4link:: Arrows = Daggers, Sword = Sword, Bombs and Rang = Random crap Sakurai makes up! (I'm looking at you, :falcon:)
:substitute:: It can take the place of literally ANYTHING!!
:troll:
:sheilda:: He could be like Zelda, Fire Ball? Explosive Daggers!, Blue Whirlwind? dagger whilrwind, he could also use his cool teleport animation for the up B, and the final smash? instead of throwing a arrow of light, he will.... Transform in the sword and throw himself! (just like the arrow... but he will be THE arrow :D )
:metaknight:: Tornade? Daggers tornado!, flying? everything he jumps he gets something like these in his feets to make it look he uses that to jump again in the air
:roypm:: He could easily be the clone of a forgotten clone! :troll:
:mewtwopm:: but Mewtwo have a tail! Ghirahim could use his cape to hit with it instead of using a tail!, Shadow ball? charge a giant sword (a copy of his original form -how he looks when he's a sword-)

:troll::troll::troll::troll::troll::troll::troll::troll::troll::troll::troll::troll::troll::troll::troll:

Oks.... We all know he's comming as a new character so lets wait for the E3 :D

andimidna

Smash Master
No, no, no...
If Ghirahim were a last-minute clone pick, he'd be a clone of:

:jigglypuff:: by far the most fabulous character on the roster at this point.

Morbi

Scavenger
I finally got around to playing Skyward Sword; I have been hesitant because the game somehow trashed my Wii (resulting in a premature Wii U purchase at full price, right before the price drop), or at least I believe it did. I haven't gotten too far, but I did meet Ghirahim for the first time, I honestly want him much more after that. My favorite aspect of the fight was when he stole my sword and threw it at me, it reminded me of the Dark Link battle in OoT, one of my favorites.

Pega-pony Princess

Smash Lord
NNID
auraoftwilight
3DS FC
2938-6383-8579
Ghirahim and Marth should have a BATTLE TO THE DEATH contest to see who's more fabulous. XD

That aside, I don't really understand the SS hate. Sure, more could've been added, but the game wasn't too bad.

Last edited:

Morbi

Scavenger
Ghirahim and Marth should have a BATTLE TO THE DEATH to see who's more fabulous. XD

That aside, I don't really understand the SS hate. Sure, more could've been added, but the game wasn't too bad.
I am honestly started to labor a disdain for the game because of the inconsistent motion controls, they are frustrating at times. They make me "FURIOUS, OUTRAGED, SICK WITH ANGER!"

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
I personally had no problems with the motion controls.

I had problems with that ****** Imprisoned though, like Andimidna :troll:

Pega-pony Princess

Smash Lord
NNID
auraoftwilight
3DS FC
2938-6383-8579
I am honestly started to labor a disdain for the game because of the inconsistent motion controls, they are frustrating at times. They make me "FURIOUS, OUTRAGED, SICK WITH ANGER!"
Do they leave you with an appetite for bloodshed as well? :awesome:

Motion controls? I'm mostly used to it, but I definitely agree when it comes to having to have stab the ground with Link's sword.

That aside, I had an idea for one of Ghirahim's moves: Summoning. It's similar to Dedede's side special, except Ghiahim sends forth Bokoblins instead. This idea has probably already been suggested, but what are your thoughts?

Morbi

Scavenger
What's currently making me furious, outraged, and sick with anger is THE IMPRISONED.
ERRRRRRR
I don't even want to deal with that....

Do they leave you with an appetite for bloodshed as well? :awesome:

Motion controls? I'm mostly used to it, but I definitely agree when it comes to having to have stab the ground with Link's sword.

That aside, I had an idea for one of Ghirahim's moves: Summoning. It's similar to Dedede's side special, except Ghiahim sends forth Bokoblins instead. This idea has probably already been suggested, but what are your thoughts?
I honestly love the idea; as a Demon Lord, he should be able to summon something reminiscent of... well... demons! The prospect of Ghirahim being a zoner is exciting; he would have a lot of utility with a summoning move in addition to some of the more obvious tools (such as his red projectiles, maybe sword throwing, teleporting, etc.). I don't think it is too likely though, we already have Rosalina, who is technically a summoning character. Zelda, another Legend of Zelda character, already summons Ganon.

It would be really cool though.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
As long as it is not a wandering, AI controlled summon, I'm fine with it.

But Zelda already summon a Phantom. Without being a copied move, it could look a bit redundant. And we clearly don't need redundancy in the Zelda universe.

Last edited:

Pega-pony Princess

Smash Lord
NNID
auraoftwilight
3DS FC
2938-6383-8579
I don't even want to deal with that....

I honestly love the idea; as a Demon Lord, he should be able to summon something reminiscent of... well... demons! The prospect of Ghirahim being a zoner is exciting; he would have a lot of utility with a summoning move in addition to some of the more obvious tools (such as his red projectiles, maybe sword throwing, teleporting, etc.). I don't think it is too likely though, we already have Rosalina, who is technically a summoning character. Zelda, another Legend of Zelda character, already summons Ganon.

It would be really cool though.
Hmm. That's true, but whenever I think of Ghirahim having a moveset, him summoning something other than Demise always comes to mind for me. He uses that move repeatedly in SS, so why not have it SSB4? As unlikely as it is, I hope Sakurai can think of a way to make summoning possible and and unique for Ghirahim alone. Wont get my hopes up though considering what Rosalina and Zelda can do.

This is completely irrelevant, but I thought I'd post this for amusement purposes:

Last edited:

HRR2b23

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2535-4498-3108
Honestly once I figured out that the game assumes whatever direction you're pointing when you pull out an idem is forwards, I didn't have any problems. The Imprisoned, however...

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Here are some things that I found just by typing in "Ghirahim ssb4" in Google Images. :laugh:

There's another picture of a pie chart from IGN showing support between the options "Yes", "No", and "Maybe" and 54% of it was Yes, so that's fairly good. It's not coming up on the page though that's it from, which has a few others here.

I finally got around to playing Skyward Sword; I have been hesitant because the game somehow trashed my Wii (resulting in a premature Wii U purchase at full price, right before the price drop), or at least I believe it did. I haven't gotten too far, but I did meet Ghirahim for the first time, I honestly want him much more after that. My favorite aspect of the fight was when he stole my sword and threw it at me, it reminded me of the Dark Link battle in OoT, one of my favorites.
Ahhhh, I love it when people really start to shine to the idea once they play his game. That's how he gets ya, I always say. Glad to have your support! :chuckle:

It's hard to get a handle of for sure, you really have to make sure when one swings that you are in-sync with where the blade is in the game because you can slash and due to Link's position with the blade the motion will send it in the wrong direction. This could have just been an issue I always had personally, not sure if relevant. Make sure also to mess with the Down button on the D-Pad which recalibrates it based on how you're aiming the Mote. I say this because I always tended to forget that aspect, which again, could've just been me. Embarrass

Hmm. That's true, but whenever I think of Ghirahim having a moveset, him summoning something other than Demise always comes to mind for me. He uses that move repeatedly in SS, so why not have it SSB4? As unlikely as it is, I hope Sakurai can think of a way to make summoning possible and and unique for Ghirahim alone. Wont get my hopes up though considering what Rosalina and Zelda can do.
It could just always be a much more aggressive Waddle Dee attack from Brawl. The other two summons don't do anything of the sort, and Dedede seems to have lost that because of how, admittedly, underwhelming that move was in that game (and the characters are all around seemingly stronger and the gameplay is a bit faster all-around), although it was kind of adorable seeing them waddle around uselessly heh. But yeah, having them actively seek out opponents to attack. They can even sometimes spawn them with the suicidal bombs in their hands up above their heads like during the Horde battle. :laugh:

Last edited:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
As long as it is not a wandering, AI controlled summon, I'm fine with it.

But Zelda already summon a Phantom. Without being a copied move, it could look a bit redundant. And we clearly don't need redundancy in the Zelda universe.
:4sheik:

Last edited:

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Dat Sheik hater :troll: What I mean by redundancy is about moves. Sheik have her own moveset. And still, Sheik may be Zelda, but Sheik is still Sheik. Without transformations, the connections between the two are slim. Show Sheik to someone unfamiliar to the Zelda universe, that person is never going to associate Zelda with Sheik. Not without knowledge.

Edit: And it's not even the same Zelda as :4zelda:

It's sad to have only 3 original movesets on 5 characters... And I really hope Ganondorf will change.

Last edited:

Maxilian

Smash Ace
Maybe his counter move would be he holds his hand out like in Skyward Sword, then if someone melees him he grabs them.
That would be nice and that would also make him feel... :drflip:different, i mean... all characters with counters only hit the target:drohmy:, it would a little different if you actually grab the target when you counter but i think that may cause some clipping issues :drohyou:

TeenGirlSquad

Smash Master
I think that IF Zelda gets a new rep, he has a pretty good shot. It helps that he hasn't been confirmed as an AT or trophy yet. Also, didn't his theme play somewhere in the direct?

Morbi

Scavenger
I think that IF Zelda gets a new rep, he has a pretty good shot. It helps that he hasn't been confirmed as an AT or trophy yet. Also, didn't his theme play somewhere in the direct?
Ghirahim hasn't been confirmed as an Assist Trophy or a Trophy. So he is still in the run. His theme was playing during Nintendo's announcement for the invitational Smash Brothers Tournament and other E3 related items. It could mean a plethora of things, Ghirahim for Smash? Ghirahim in Zelda Wii U? Nobody knows. They could have just liked the theme.

Maxilian

Smash Ace
Ghirahim hasn't been confirmed as an Assist Trophy or a Trophy. So he is still in the run. His theme was playing during Nintendo's announcement for the invitational Smash Brothers Tournament and other E3 related items. It could mean a plethora of things, Ghirahim for Smash? Ghirahim in Zelda Wii U? Nobody knows. They could have just liked the theme.
Yeah, also... a lot of people started to speculate of the possibility of a hint in the Nintendo Direct (the SSB one), where they showed Fi trophy

Why? well::dr-_-:

1- Ghirahim is the counter part of Fi (Fi is the master sword and Ghirahim is the anti-master sword -random name don't judge-):drohyou:

2- The other trophie was Pseudo Palutena, that is most likely a hint to Palutena and so on :dr^_^:

Morbi

Scavenger
Yeah, also... a lot of people started to speculate of the possibility of a hint in the Nintendo Direct (the SSB one), where they showed Fi trophy

Why? well::dr-_-:

1- Ghirahim is the counter part of Fi (Fi is the master sword and Ghirahim is the anti-master sword -random name don't judge-):drohyou:

2- The other trophie was Pseudo Palutena, that is most likely a hint to Palutena and so on :dr^_^:
I didn't know Ghirahim was the "anti-master sword," I suppose I haven't gotten to that part in the game, so that hint is much more blatant that I actually thought.

Morbi

Scavenger
Uhmmm.... ermmm...... Spoiler alert? :drohmy:

Sorry :drsad:
I don't mind at all (I expect spoilers), I was just stating that before I knew he was the "anti-master sword" I thought that people were referencing Ghirahim just because he came from the same game as Fi. I didn't realize that there was a better correlation. It makes me feel more confident in his chances.

TeenGirlSquad

Smash Master
I didn't know Ghirahim was the "anti-master sword," I suppose I haven't gotten to that part in the game, so that hint is much more blatant that I actually thought.
Uhhh, well if you don't care about spoilers:

He is presumably of the same species as Fi, and he literally becomes Demise's sword at the end of the game.

Morbi

Scavenger

He is presumably of the same species as Fi, and he literally becomes Demise's sword at the end of the game.
I suppose my opinion on a Legend of Zelda representative has changed once again. If Fi wasn't a blatantly obvious clue indicating his inclusion, I have literally no idea what is.
Ghirahim > Classic Ganon > Tingle > Tetra

Maxilian

Smash Ace
I don't mind at all (I expect spoilers), I was just stating that before I knew he was the "anti-master sword" I thought that people were referencing Ghirahim just because he came from the same game as Fi. I didn't realize that there was a better correlation. It makes me feel more confident in his chances.
Yeah, that's why he's got a lot of attention with that (also because is the most likely character from that game, Demise only appears at the end and don't have a lot of personality :S):drohyou:

Here a picture of Ghirahim "ultimate form" where you can easily notice that he looks like Fi

Well Ghirahim do not become Demise's sword, he's Demise's sword:drflip:

Last edited:

TeenGirlSquad

Smash Master
I suppose my opinion on a Legend of Zelda representative has changed once again. If Fi wasn't a blatantly obvious clue indicating his inclusion, I have literally no idea what is.
Ghirahim > Classic Ganon > Tingle > Tetra
Yeah, and you can kind of tell early on, because he refers to Demise as "master" just like Fi refers to Link.

Morbi

Scavenger
Yeah, that's why he's got a lot of attention with that (also because is the most likely character from that game, Demise only appears at the end and don't have a lot of personality :S):drohyou:

Here a picture of Ghirahim "ultimate form" where you can easily notice that he looks like Fi

Well Ghirahim do not become Demise's sword, he's Demise's sword:drflip:
So he already has a potential alternate costume as well, he is prepared for his inclusion. Haha.

Demise just swings him around as is? Like in "Fi" form? :troll:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom