• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Demon Lord Ghirahim's Fabulous Horde of Stunning Features! CONFIRMED ASSIST TROPHY APPEARANCE!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeOnde

Smash Cadet

I don't think a normal-sized humanoid character like Debbie would fit as Boss character, as none of the other revealed boss characters (Yellow Devil, The Dragon on the Find Mii Stage, Possibly Meta/Ridley and others still not revealed) share any of these traits. Either he is playable or he is not in this game at all (I don't think he would appear as an assist trophy)

Amongst possible LoZ newcomers Ghirahim is the one with the best chances:

- Demise - Despite Demise's huge impact on the LoZ historyline (turning the whole character development of Ganon into a "Hatred Incarnation", so original), his encounter with the player was short (and he is actually easier to beat than Ghira's final form, which generated some disappointment with our "Final Boss") and gives much less "Moveset Material" than the three encounters with the Tongue Demon Lord. Also, I don't think it would make sense to have both demise AND his reincarnated form Ganondorf in the game (does his soul occupy two bodies? that doesn't make a lot of sense, but smash is non canon so anything may happen). He could appear as an alternative skin for Ganondorf though.

- Impa - She doesn't have much of a fanbase so there are much less people screaming at Sakurai to include her in the game. The problem with the Sheikah companion of the crossdessing princess is that she doesn't have enough moves to make a character, it would be necessary to create a large ammount of original moves and there is also the risk of her becoming a Sheik clone.

- Skull Kid - Confirmed as an assist trophy

- Tingle - Moveset Problems, Big "Hatebase", Unfitting for the game, will cause raging reactions from people expecting Legend of Zelda newcomers. If Sakurai Adds him to Smash as a playable character, he better be prepared for the suicide bombers invading his house every now and then. Speaking seriously, our "Fairy Reincarnation" will probably be returning as an assist trophy again.

- Toon Zelda/Tetra/Toon Sheik - Member of the so famous "Forbidden Seven", the cartoonish face of our magic ninja pirate princess is even less likely to appear now that we no longer have mid-fight transformation, and there is NO WAY IN HELL Sakurai would add Toon Zelda AND Toon Sheik (that never existed in the first place); also, the less clones the better.

- Vaati - The young wizard of the portable Zelda games does have a lot of moveset possibilities with his many apparisons and different magic powers, but the fact that people are asking for him much less than in pre-Brawl days make his chances slim. Having a villain from a Toon-Link related game would also be cool, and he was badass in minish cap, but the fact that he doesn't even have A TROPHY OR A STICKER in Brawl (God, even the lamest 1 game characters appear as trophies or stickers, and our Goth Mage ****** gets absolutely no love) which pretty much means he is kind of forgotten by the development team.

- Here, this is the closest we have to a Vaati trophy.

- Wolf Link and Midna - Midna confirmed as an Assist Trophy. Deconfirmed is a word we CAN use. Wolf Link's best chance of having a Smash appearance was in Brawl, with all the support from the Twilight Princess, but now that he didn't make it at that time and that his trusty imp companion is an AT, Werelink won't show up this time.

- Yuga - I don't think "A Link Between Worlds"'s Baby Bowser Paint Brush user has any chances of appearing in Smash, if he makes it as a trophy, he should already be happy.

Seriously though, I still think Ghirahim has his fair chance to get in the smash. What would be his character reveal phrase? Ghirahim Fabios In? Ghirahim Licks In sounds WAY too wrong.

Oh, i can imagine him screaming "Behold! Such beauty! Such a pure form! Such an exquisite physique! Such stunning features! Yes, I've pretty much got it all." when performing his final smash, or one of his taunts. Sakurai PLEASE.

Last edited:

andimidna

Smash Master
Everybody.
Make sure you rate Ghirahim on the RTC thread tonight or tomorrow.
If I see him underrated again I'll be sick with anger!
I'll be linking people there once the fun starts. Get your posts ready. ;)

PixelPasta

Smash Lord
I actually think that Ghirahim has a decent shot.
With additions like Rosalina and Greninja, Sakurai is clearly paying attention to a lot of 'newer' characters in the veteran franchises. Especially when you consider the fact that the two characters I mentioned were chosen over more 'classic' potential additions who have much more seniority, such as Toad. This gives Ghirahim a significant boost over some of the more traditional Zelda choices such as Tetra, Tingle, or Impa.
Furthermore, there is a definite emphasis on the Wii-era of Nintendo's history: this is made quite apparent by the inclusion of both Rosalina and Wii Fit Trainer, as well as the fact that Villager and Little Mac sport their Wii-era designs (Animal Crossing: City Folk and Punch-Out Wii, respectively). The most obvious choice for a Zelda character born on the Wii is Ghirahim.
Not to mention, he was (sort of) teased in the Direct - many people are speculating that the trophy segments all hinted at newcomers. Tiki implies Chrom, Pseudo-Palutena implies Palutena (obviously), King Kihunter implies Ridley, and of course, Fi implies the demon lord himself, Ghirahim. This may not be the most concrete point I've brought up, but its worth considering.

All of these observations have led me to believe that Ghirahim has a fairly good chance of being included. Which, by the way, would make me quite happy.

HRR2b23

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2535-4498-3108
I have a feeling the RTC ratings will be low again, even though our Demon Lord still has a pretty dang good chance, as he is definitely the newcomer from Zelda if the series gets one. I expect the overall number to only be like 15%, but I think he has about 30-40%, it all depends on whether or not the series gets a newcomer.

HRR2b23

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2535-4498-3108
My rating will be probably around 50%
I could see it going either way, but I have a hunch that the odds are in his favor... so I may go up.
Well for me, Ghirahim has by far been my most wanted newcomer, but I'm trying not to let my bias get in the way. He does have a lot of things going for him (I've stated those a page or so back in this thread) but with all of the Zelda characters so far having TP design (bar Tink and the unseen Ganon, though what other design would he use?) I'm just not convinced they are going to give the series SS representation outside of items. If they DO, however, Ghirahim would be the perfect fit.

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
I will definitely say that Ghirahim's chances went up higher ever since after the Direct due Midna's deconfirmation and the lowered chances of other possible Zelda newcomers. So, congrats on that.

andimidna

Smash Master
Well for me, Ghirahim has by far been my most wanted newcomer, but I'm trying not to let my bias get in the way. He does have a lot of things going for him (I've stated those a page or so back in this thread) but with all of the Zelda characters so far having TP design (bar Tink and the unseen Ganon, though what other design would he use?) I'm just not convinced they are going to give the series SS representation outside of items. If they DO, however, Ghirahim would be the perfect fit.
If Toon Link doesn't have to be adapted into a semi-Twilight Princess look, Ghirahim doesn't.
Having TP models was either because of no SS Ganondorf, or they've really been models from Zelda U the whole time... we don't know.

HRR2b23

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2535-4498-3108
If Toon Link doesn't have to be adapted into a semi-Twilight Princess look, Ghirahim doesn't.
Having TP models was either because of no SS Ganondorf, or they've really been models from Zelda U the whole time... we don't know.
I'm not saying Ghirahim would be made TPish, he definitely would keep his SS design. As for the others though, I'll use Link as an example. His look in the Wii U version definitely has some differences between his Brawl model (what with the hair and brighter colors, to name a few.) However, if you look at his model in the 3ds version, it is literally the same model from Brawl ported over, which is TP Link for sure. Again, just because a few characters are being given the realistic design doesn't mean they all will be (Tink,) but it isn't exactly helping. If, for example, Link and Zelda used their SS designs, with Sheik still being her own character, we would probably be giving Ghirahim odds in the 65-75 range; I would be, at least.

andimidna

Smash Master
I'm not saying Ghirahim would be made TPish, he definitely would keep his SS design. As for the others though, I'll use Link as an example. His look in the Wii U version definitely has some differences between his Brawl model (what with the hair and brighter colors, to name a few.) However, if you look at his model in the 3ds version, it is literally the same model from Brawl ported over, which is TP Link for sure. Again, just because a few characters are being given the realistic design doesn't mean they all will be (Tink,) but it isn't exactly helping. If, for example, Link and Zelda used their SS designs, with Sheik still being her own character, we would probably be giving Ghirahim odds in the 65-75 range; I would be, at least.
Really I think we need Ghirahim even MORE now that Link and Zelda represent Twilight Princess.
We have Twilight Princess, Ocarina of Time, and Wind Waker characters. Skyward Sword was the only major Zelda inbetween Brawl and Smash 4.
I find Ghirahim necessary :p

Also, the RTC ratings started! Everybody... go!

I don't think a normal-sized humanoid character like Debbie would fit as Boss character, as none of the other revealed boss characters (Yellow Devil, The Dragon on the Find Mii Stage, Possibly Meta/Ridley and others still not revealed) share any of these traits. Either he is playable or he is not in this game at all (I don't think he would appear as an assist trophy)

Amongst possible LoZ newcomers Ghirahim is the one with the best chances:

- Demise - Despite Demise's huge impact on the LoZ historyline (turning the whole character development of Ganon into a "Hatred Incarnation", so original), his encounter with the player was short (and he is actually easier to beat than Ghira's final form, which generated some disappointment with our "Final Boss") and gives much less "Moveset Material" than the three encounters with the Tongue Demon Lord. Also, I don't think it would make sense to have both demise AND his reincarnated form Ganondorf in the game (does his soul occupy two bodies? that doesn't make a lot of sense, but smash is non canon so anything may happen). He could appear as an alternative skin for Ganondorf though.

- Impa - She doesn't have much of a fanbase so there are much less people screaming at Sakurai to include her in the game. The problem with the Sheikah companion of the crossdessing princess is that she doesn't have enough moves to make a character, it would be necessary to create a large ammount of original moves and there is also the risk of her becoming a Sheik clone.

- Skull Kid - Confirmed as an assist trophy

- Tingle - Moveset Problems, Big "Hatebase", Unfitting for the game, will cause raging reactions from people expecting Legend of Zelda newcomers. If Sakurai Adds him to Smash as a playable character, he better be prepared for the suicide bombers invading his house every now and then. Speaking seriously, our "Fairy Reincarnation" will probably be returning as an assist trophy again.

- Toon Zelda/Tetra/Toon Sheik - Member of the so famous "Forbidden Seven", the cartoonish face of our magic ninja pirate princess is even less likely to appear now that we no longer have mid-fight transformation, and there is NO WAY IN HELL Sakurai would add Toon Zelda AND Toon Sheik (that never existed in the first place); also, the less clones the better.

- Vaati - The young wizard of the portable Zelda games does have a lot of moveset possibilities with his many apparisons and different magic powers, but the fact that people are asking for him much less than in pre-Brawl days make his chances slim. Having a villain from a Toon-Link related game would also be cool, and he was badass in minish cap, but the fact that he doesn't even have A TROPHY OR A STICKER in Brawl (God, even the lamest 1 game characters appear as trophies or stickers, and our Goth Mage ****** gets absolutely no love) which pretty much means he is kind of forgotten by the development team.

- Here, this is the closest we have to a Vaati trophy.

- Wolf Link and Midna - Midna confirmed as an Assist Trophy. Deconfirmed is a word we CAN use. Wolf Link's best chance of having a Smash appearance was in Brawl, with all the support from the Twilight Princess, but now that he didn't make it at that time and that his trusty imp companion is an AT, Werelink won't show up this time.

- Yuga - I don't think "A Link Between Worlds"'s Baby Bowser Paint Brush user has any chances of appearing in Smash, if he makes it as a trophy, he should already be happy.

Seriously though, I still think Ghirahim has his fair chance to get in the smash. What would be his character reveal phrase? Ghirahim Fabios In? Ghirahim Licks In sounds WAY too wrong.

Oh, i can imagine him screaming "Behold! Such beauty! Such a pure form! Such an exquisite physique! Such stunning features! Yes, I've pretty much got it all." when performing his final smash, or one of his taunts. Sakurai PLEASE.
I actually think that Ghirahim has a decent shot.
With additions like Rosalina and Greninja, Sakurai is clearly paying attention to a lot of 'newer' characters in the veteran franchises. Especially when you consider the fact that the two characters I mentioned were chosen over more 'classic' potential additions who have much more seniority, such as Toad. This gives Ghirahim a significant boost over some of the more traditional Zelda choices such as Tetra, Tingle, or Impa.
Furthermore, there is a definite emphasis on the Wii-era of Nintendo's history: this is made quite apparent by the inclusion of both Rosalina and Wii Fit Trainer, as well as the fact that Villager and Little Mac sport their Wii-era designs (Animal Crossing: City Folk and Punch-Out Wii, respectively). The most obvious choice for a Zelda character born on the Wii is Ghirahim.
Not to mention, he was (sort of) teased in the Direct - many people are speculating that the trophy segments all hinted at newcomers. Tiki implies Chrom, Pseudo-Palutena implies Palutena (obviously), King Kihunter implies Ridley, and of course, Fi implies the demon lord himself, Ghirahim. This may not be the most concrete point I've brought up, but its worth considering.

All of these observations have led me to believe that Ghirahim has a fairly good chance of being included. Which, by the way, would make me quite happy.
I have a feeling the RTC ratings will be low again, even though our Demon Lord still has a pretty dang good chance, as he is definitely the newcomer from Zelda if the series gets one. I expect the overall number to only be like 15%, but I think he has about 30-40%, it all depends on whether or not the series gets a newcomer.
http://smashboards.com/threads/rate-their-chances-day-206-tingle-and-ghirahim.351920/page-28

IT'S HERE! WE'RE RATING GHIRAHIM! COME!

Last edited:

andimidna

Smash Master
Ghirahim is still my Zelda newcomer choice

He would make for such a great character
As a fan of Skyward Sword, I'd love for Ghirahim to become a playable character. He's my preferred candidate for a Zelda newcomer, mostly on account of his aesthetic design and moveset potential.

The ideal scenario would be to have both Ganondorf and Ghirahim make the cut. With the return of the TP-esque designs for Link and Zelda, TP Ganondorf's return is a pretty safe bet (as is Sheik's, I guess). I've seen other Zelda candidates being named (Tingle, Vaati, Tetra, Impa), but Ghirahim is the only Demon Lord for me. ;)
YES. All of my support. Ghirahim is by far my favorite Zelda villain and I would love to see his quirkiness in this game. Ghirahim's confirmation would absolutely fill my heart with rainbows (too lazy to check how many times that joke has been made in this thread).
Check out this guys nifty moveset images he created for ghirahim

I don't feel as if we have went on and on much about why Ghirahim is fabulous in this thread actually. I'm confident the reason people don't "like" this thread is because he's a character that people understandably don't take very seriously because he's considered "flavor of the month". Honestly, I'm not interested in arguing about that, like, at all. Especially since Sakurai has proven not to care for what we consider "likely" and "unlikely". He does what he enjoys and that is also why I think the newcomers we've seen thus far all look fantastic, despite not being what were previously considered stellar choices (Megaman aside).

At any rate, it's probably a bit late in the game to appeal to Sakurai-sama about who should be in at this point. But I'm really interested in people coming up with new ideas and new sets however. @ToothiestAura never came back and let us see what he created sadly.
I support Ghirahim for SSB4, when i fighted against him in Skyward Sword i thought "He would fit in a Smash game really well"
Still think Ghirahim would be the most outstanding and fabulous character to play as. =p He just makes the gay in me quiver in antici.....pation. =p
I support Ghirahim although I never played Skyward Sword.
Supporters of Ghirahim, I have made signature images for him.

Even if his chances aren't exactly the best, I thought I would add something to his support thread as a Ghirahim supporter.

Ghirahim is being rated in the RTC thread!
http://smashboards.com/threads/rate-their-chances-day-206-tingle-and-ghirahim.351920/page-30
Come support! :o
PLEAAASE!

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I'm going to repost this here for any naysayers regarding Ghirahim being a "one-shot" character.

"One more thing in regards to Ghirahim.

There's no real reason to assume Ghirahim will always be a one-shot character.

While most Zelda characters (particularly the sidekicks) don't get reused, most of the villains do.

• Vaati appeared in Minish Cap, Four Swords, and Four Swords Adventures, and it seemed he died in at least one. (Dr. Piccolo will correct me if I'm wrong)

• Twinrova (Koume and Kotake) appeared (and clearly died in) Ocarina of Time, then appeared in the Oracle Games as the underlying antagonist.

• Skull Kid appeared in Ocarina of Time, then became the "main" antagonist (well, not really, but whatever) of Majora's Mask and then appeared in Twilight Princess.

There has only been one game after Skyward Sword, which was A Link Between Worlds, which was essentially one big homage to A Link to the Past. So, of course Ghirahim wouldn't be in that. Yet, the main villain of that contained some elements of Agahnim (ALttP's villain) but lots of characteristics from Ghirahim.

And considering Skyward Sword's artstyle is heavily favored by it's creators (Miyamoto tried hard to make it better than Ocarina of Time, and just look at all of the crossover Skyward Sword stuff has been in), as well as it's enemies/assets, I don't see why there won't be a sequel/prequel to Skyward Sword in which he appears, or even an entirely unrelated Zelda game.
I may sound mad, but then there's Sheik."

Last edited:

Cpt.

Smash Lord
Add me to the nonsupporters list!

All hail Ganondorf, destroyer of one-villain-wonders!

I would apologize for this rude behavior, except that I truly don't think that Ghirahim should be playable.

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Add me to the nonsupporters list!

All hail Ganondorf, destroyer of one-villain-wonders!

I would apologize for this rude behavior, except that I truly don't think that Ghirahim should be playable.
Your signature has Mr. L in it.

Hmm... Wow, seems like this place has seen a little love lately, no thanks to its creator! :laugh: Brings a tear to my eye.. Well not really, but I appreciate it.

I'm just not convinced they are going to give the series SS representation outside of items.

Gee, you guys are all rather confident he'd make it in. I've given my percentage to RTC, and it's a bit lower than what you guys tout, which is fine. I also agree that if there's a Zelda newcomer, the one that makes the most "sense" to me is Ghirahim. Most relevant and most interesting choice. My only real issue is seeing the franchise getting another character to begin with. That, and well, I've already retired from speculation because of my realization that we understand so little and that naturally makes me inclined to offer a small number. But indeed, the points made on this page are comforting in regards to his possible appearance. Some opponents, however unlikely themselves, have been confirmed as Assists, and Sakurai continues to prefer what is most recent and fun over our conceptions of deserving, long-standing candidates.

DMurr

The Radiant Hero
NNID
dmurray9
Now that Sheik is a stand-alone, the floodgates are open for the one-shot characters! (in my mind, at least). Bring on Ghirahim! I'm becoming more and more a fan of the idea of having him.

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
I don't think Sheik being her own slot and not a transformation doesn't have any sort of connection with Ghirahim. Now, Sheik's very existence might give one reason to think he's more plausible (to me that's a stretch), but her being playable only through the selection screen only tells me Sakurai doesn't want transformations, which he clarified exactly.

andimidna

Smash Master
Ghirahim has zoomed up to #15 CHANCE AND #15 WANT on the RTC thread!
Wow!
Before he was ranked #48 chance and #69 want.
That's one of the largest jumps that have ever happened in that thread!
It's also important to note that 2 of the characters in the top 15 are deconfirmed (Starfy and Zetra)
So it's almost like he got #13
And I think that the 15s included Little Mac in both scores...
So it's almost like he got ranked #12 in chance and #14 in want! :o

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Where can I register to be a fabulous part of fabulous Debbie's fabulous army of fabulous supporters for his fabulous inclusion in fabulous Smash Bros. for fabulous WiiU and fabulous 3DS?

Last edited:

Toxicroaker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4184-2367-6702
Am I the only person here that sees him having a similar play-style to Marth? Yes? Okay. Well, I support him anyways!

YT123

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Olaf551
3DS FC
5069-4175-0996
In Brawl (and probably right now as well), the Zelda franchise has two Links, two Zelda's and a Captain Falcon clone. I think it would be pretty reasonable if the franchise was given a legitimate 'newcomer' instead of a clone this time!

Autumn ♫

In Brawl (and probably right now as well), the Zelda franchise has two Links, two Zelda's and a Captain Falcon clone. I think it would be pretty reasonable if the franchise was given a legitimate 'newcomer' instead of a clone this time!
So...Groose? :troll:

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Have you guys seen the video pertaining to this year's e3? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ghEhI4CJjAM One notable thing about it is that Ghirahim's music plays multiple times throughout. Considering most of the news is smash-related, does this mean we could be seeing Ghirahim at e3?
I noticed that, however, they used mostly Zelda music.

Peculiar as it is, I think they just felt like using Zelda music, plus, Ghirahim's music sounds silly out of context.

andimidna

Smash Master
Have you guys seen the video pertaining to this year's e3? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ghEhI4CJjAM One notable thing about it is that Ghirahim's music plays multiple times throughout. Considering most of the news is smash-related, does this mean we could be seeing Ghirahim at e3?
OOHHHH SHHIIIII-

HYPEHYPEHYPE

Reggie Mech confirmed for Ghirahim alternate costume :troll:

Autumn ♫

It's as likely as Reggie Fils-a-Mech being revealed playable. :awesome:

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Considering most of the news is smash-related, does this mean we could be seeing Ghirahim at e3?
Pretty much confirms it, there's no denying it. Prepare your exquisite physiques for E3 everyone. :laugh:

But really, that music went perfectly with that video. The Guardians Awaken song as well.

Last edited:

andimidna

Smash Master
Well, I guess we did know Zelda U was going to be at E3 already...

But hey, if anybody ever says Ghirahim won't be in because Nintendo has moved on from marketing/referencing Skyward Sword this works against that thought.

chronomantic

Smash Ace
Remember the Potd on the day of the Direct where Pikachu was next to two gift boxes and people were speculating the newcomers were Pokemon?
well...I want to believe.

Last edited:

Pega-pony Princess

Smash Lord
NNID
auraoftwilight
3DS FC
2938-6383-8579
I noticed that, however, they used mostly Zelda music.

Peculiar as it is, I think they just felt like using Zelda music, plus, Ghirahim's music sounds silly out of context.
Even so I about had a heart attack when I heard that music. My reaction was, "Ohmygawd it's Ghirahim!"

**** I really don't mean to get so hyped because, like you said, there's a great possibility the whole thing was a coincidence...Where's that time machine when I need one?

DeOnde

Smash Cadet
Weeell, let's start planning the confirmation party!

I would love a reveal trailer with link going "oh, not him again ¬¬"

BRB, taking care of party business

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
No Pega. Don't let the chains of "Maybe.." bring you down. Grip onto that hype because it's happening, whether you're doubtful or not. Are you truly going to believe that they'd randomly pick his theme out of all the possible songs of Nintendo and themes of Zelda and put it in an E3 direct almost entirely focused on Smash Bros. 4? Isn't THAT perspective the one truly reaching?

This is all tantamount to Sakurai Directly telling us that he's in, and not as an Assist Trophy, demon Ladies and Lords.

Get ready to change your avatar to one of the images we'll get out of the several hundred that inevitably comes with these big reveals lately. High definition tongue flickers, evil grins, sword swiping, magical diamonds, and hair flips, we'll have plenty to choose from. Not to mention shots from the reveal trailer specifically tailored for him with an epic cinematic that'll no doubt have his theme playing there too, or a BRAND NEW rendition of it.

Everything we have defended, waited for, and imagined is finally going to come. And it will be awesome.

Or maybe I'm just messing with you so you get all excited. Either way, we're getting Ghirahim revealed at E3 for sure! :awesome:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom