• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Demon Lord Ghirahim's Fabulous Horde of Stunning Features! CONFIRMED ASSIST TROPHY APPEARANCE!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
If Ghirahim is revealed to be indeed related to Vaati, I'm not sure who between them would have better chances... :p

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
Well, people have speculated that Ghirahim has come back...in the form of this little purple thing:

Given they look pretty similar and have similar goals/roles, I wouldn't be surprised if Vaati really is Ghirahim incarnate.

I'll be honest...

I am super skeptical about this theory. I suppose I get that they both are a bit albino-ish, but as far as I reckon, their similarities end there. Vaati is a power hungry sorcerer, Ghirahim's a dedicated servant. Vaati is a Minish who was corrupted by knowledge of mankind's evil, and Ghirahim is... I mean, essentially a magical robot sword. They're both pale, and they're both cruel... That doesn't really indicate "reincarnation" to me.

Are there similarities about these two that I'm missing?

HylianHeroBigBoss

Smash Lord
NNID
HylianHeroSnake
No, the only similarities they share are the hair style at most, their aesthetics are pretty different too, giant bat eyeball, and diamond adorned evil weapon with armor skin. I doubt he is ghirahim's legacy, especially since ghirahim seems like an entity that wouldnt be reborn in the same way, he is a weapon forged for evil, so it would make sense that if he reappeared he would be the same ghirahim that was once before. He dwells within the weapon in the same way Fi does for the master sword. Even if the sword did break, they could easily make a plot where he gets reforged by someone else.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
I'll be honest...

I am super skeptical about this theory. I suppose I get that they both are a bit albino-ish, but as far as I reckon, their similarities end there. Vaati is a power hungry sorcerer, Ghirahim's a dedicated servant. Vaati is a Minish who was corrupted by knowledge of mankind's evil, and Ghirahim is... I mean, essentially a magical robot sword. They're both pale, and they're both cruel... That doesn't really indicate "reincarnation" to me.

Are there similarities about these two that I'm missing?
It's the fact that they pretty much have the exact same goal that makes them seem so similar to the point that it's almost like they're the same person, AKA resurrect their master. I do think the voice Ghirahim has would fit Vaati pretty well though. :ohwell:

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
The hair-style.

Hmm. Yeah, alright. I see the physical similarities, and I suppose the series has a strong reincarnation theme to it... still seems like a strange thing for them to do to me, but who knows. I wouldn't mind seeing Ghirahim again, and I'd like Vaati to return again... if this is how they do it, I guess it'd be fine? I don't think their personalities are super similar though.

Edit: I guess I need to do more research, which game was Vaati resurrecting his master in?

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529

Hmm. Yeah, alright. I see the physical similarities, and I suppose the series has a strong reincarnation theme to it... still seems like a strange thing for them to do to me, but who knows. I wouldn't mind seeing Ghirahim again, and I'd like Vaati to return again... if this is how they do it, I guess it'd be fine? I don't think their personalities are super similar though.

Edit: I guess I need to do more research, which game was Vaati resurrecting his master in?
I believe it was the Four Swords games, he was trying to resurrect his master, Ganon. Just like Ghirahim was trying to resurrect his master, Demise. I'd also like to add in that, while I wouldn't use this officially as an argument, the part of the timeline in which Vaati appears, being the titles after Skyward Sword, kind of also adds to the theory. But in all honesty, it doesn't really matter, since Ghirahim a much more likeable character than Vaati, and the lack of personality that Vaati has kind of takes away from the fact he could be Ghirahim.

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
The only time that happened was 4 swords adventures, the other two titles he was the main villain.

Okay, thanks... the Zelda wikia didn't really mention it, and I never played the game.

I think it's entirely possible that Vaati's personality would've come out more in a 3D game, but I guess Ghirahim is pretty distinctly creepy (read: rapey).

Hmm, I haven't actually seen much discussion about his moveset/specials... what are people's ideas?

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
Okay, thanks... the Zelda wikia didn't really mention it, and I never played the game.

I think it's entirely possible that Vaati's personality would've come out more in a 3D game, but I guess Ghirahim is pretty distinctly creepy (read: rapey).

Hmm, I haven't actually seen much discussion about his moveset/specials... what are people's ideas?
I don't know, Vaati always came across as cold and emotionless in his own right, only caring about what he wants. But that aside, I don't know about how other people designed him, but I designed to have a dual fighting style, one set including physical attacks mixed in with dagger magic and physical counters while the other gives him the use of his twin black rapier swords for both specials and physicals. I am typing this because I have not designed a video on it...yet...that may change if people want to know more, but for the time being, that's how I'd picture Ghirahim's fighting style.

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
I don't know, Vaati always came across as cold and emotionless in his own right, only caring about what he wants. But that aside, I don't know about how other people designed him, but I designed to have a dual fighting style, one set including physical attacks mixed in with dagger magic and physical counters while the other gives him the use of his twin black rapier swords for both specials and physicals. I am typing this because I have not designed a video on it...yet...that may change if people want to know more, but for the time being, that's how I'd picture Ghirahim's fighting style.

I think of Vaati as being cold and cruel with Ghirahim burning hot with rage.

I personally find posted movesets easier to view than a video, so I would vote for just posting it (but of course I get how a youtube video is easier to show around to different groups).

So you were thinking something where he transitions between two combat styles? I think I'd probably prefer to see bare-handed (magical focus) vs. sword.

I'm kind of curious what sort of recovery people are imagining him having. I mean, I guess he does teleport around in the game, so I suppose that's the default.

Groose

Smash Champion
I honestly don't think Ghirahim and Vaati are related. I've seen the piles of concept art in Hyrule Historia---Ghirahim originally looked nothing like Vaati, but as they continued to refine his design, he began to resemble our favorite Minish. The fact that they didn't originally try to copy Vaati's design suggests that there was no relationship between the two characters (at least in early-SS development).

To throw out a contast, Demise resembles Ganondorf far more than Ghirahim resembles Vaati. Also, early in the creation of Demise you could already see his resemblence to the Gerudo King.

To squash this theory in a way that isn't related to early concept art, I'll just point out their respective goals. Ghirahim is obsessed with resurrecting his master; Vaati is obsessed with power (for the majority of his appearences). Additionally, their personalities are also very different; if Vaati is really Ghirahim reincarnated, why does he lack his predecessor's extreme level of... charisma... and... his... see the title of this thread.

Anyway, I hope Ghirahim does make it in. He's unique and his playstyle is one I think I would enjoy (I've always liked a good amound of athleticism in my Smash mains). Additionally, he has good moveset potential. The only reason that he isn't on my signature is... Kooloo-Limpah power.

Ghirahilda

♥Smash Beauty♥
NNID
Marcelinho21
So...
There is a Skyward Sword stage in the next smash bros (Skyloft/ The Sky)
Maybe this bring a little (rainbow)light for Ghirahim?

Volodya

Smash Apprentice
If I may, I have some imput on the thread title. Ghirahim showed quite a large vocabulary in Skyward Sword, and something like a "Fabulous Horde of Fabulousness" screams redundant. It's entirely out of his character. That's why I would like to make my own suggestion:

Demon Lord Ghirihim's Fabulous Horde of Handsome Physique!

Hmmmm~?

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
If I may, I have some imput on the thread title. Ghirahim showed quite a large vocabulary in Skyward Sword, and something like a "Fabulous Horde of Fabulousness" screams redundant. It's entirely out of his character. That's why I would like to make my own suggestion:

Hmmmm~?

It's true he would have used another word I suppose. However, I disagree that redundancy is entirely out of his character, given that he will select multiple ways to express a single single concept and say them in a row when he gets caught up in his emotions, for example: furious, outraged, sick with anger. They do possess slight differences in nuance, similar to him referencing his pure form, exquisite physique, his beauty, and stunning features to thoroughly express himself.

Problem is, I'm not even sure how to edit the title regardless. :laugh:

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
When you're editing the OP if you go to More Options you can change the title. There are probably other ways too, but whatevah... :p
I... I knew that. There I changed it.

In Ghirahim news:

That is all. :troll:

WE DON'T NEED YOUR KIND HERE!

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
Rather have him then most Zelda characters.

He was my fav character in skyward sword. You guys probably know why.

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
I would like to point out that this would be grammatically incorrect. "Horde" is plural (usually animals, but whatever), and "Handsome Physique" is singular. "Stunning Features" works because it's also plural. I am all for putting the multicolored letters though.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Who would win?

In a kissing fight?

First thought would be Lickitung since it's tongue is longer than it's body, but then again it touches its tongue on everything so.... really bad breath.

Yoshi and Gooey might have the same problem considering they eat people.

Ghirahim would have to be the winner.

Mypantisgone

Smash Lord
In a kissing fight?

First thought would be Lickitung since it's tongue is longer than it's body, but then again it touches its tongue on everything so.... really bad breath.

Yoshi and Gooey might have the same problem considering they eat people.

Ghirahim would have to be the winner.
We're can't say Gihrahim puts his tongue everywhere or eat people,but are we sure he doesn't? :p

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
I feel like every other thread talks about the potential of the characters, what they can do, how they will be represented ect. I come into the Ghirahim thread and it's "Ghirahim is fabulous. Stay classy folks.

:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p

Ghirahilda

♥Smash Beauty♥
NNID
Marcelinho21
wish Ghirahim could grab people with his tongue wrapping their necks and the tip of it touching people's ears...

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Man, this is on the 4th page.

I don't have much to bring this topic back. But I would like to see Ghirahim. He works well for Smash and has a good amount of abilities that set him apart from the others. Also, I think Sakurai will do him better than Anouma ever could. But that is to be expected. he couldn't produce his way out of a wet cardboard box.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Ghirahim used to be on my want list, but now, I'm not so sure...

He'd definetely fit in Smash though, and he does have good potential.

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Yeah things look pretty bleak around these parts in terms of people supporting him, even though his potential does not wane over time. Worry not though, because look:

Coincidence? I THINK NOT, GENTLEMEN! :awesome:

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
Here's a Challenger Approaching screen I made for Ghirahim. Don't ask why Olimar is the challenger, I'm doing random characters.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I remember back when I first made a Ghirahim thread and freaked out when I found out there was a thread for him already. Lol, can't believe I made a fool out of myself thinking it was a major deal.

Also, I have to say I'd rather take Ghirahim over a Ganondorf that hasn't been properly de-cloned.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom