• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Delzethin Explores What King Rauru Might Look Like in Smash

rauru_lends_a_hand.png

Waiting for the next Smash game? Delzethin's Challenger Approaching series has a new episode that could scratch your itch! His latest video focuses on The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom’s Rauru!

Why Rauru? Delzethin addresses how The Legend of Zelda has not received a unique newcomer since Melee. If the next Smash game is in development right now, then the newest Zelda game is a key place to look, with Rauru being a stand out character. How Delzethin approaches the moveset means utilizing as many Tears of the Kingdom abilities as possible. Part of why Delzethin went with this approach is to not completely overhaul Link.

How would Rauru play? Delzethin gives us a character with an overwhelming amount of options. Rauru is primarily a heavyweight fighter without a conventional projectile, similar to Ganondorf. But, he’s also almost an opposite to Ganondorf: He’s very versatile and tactical with his play, atypical for a heavyweight. Some of Rauru’s attacks include his normal moves having a combination of sword attacks and light-elemental magic. His specials are based on various hand powers, such as Fuse, Ascend and Ultrahand.

This only covers a small part of the moveset. If you’re curious for more, check out Delzethin’s video below:

Author's Note: well that was fascinating. I'd be interested in seeing a character with this playstyle in Smash. What are your thoughts? Let us know!

Credits:
Writing: Thirdkoopa Thirdkoopa
Editing: @Zerp

Lucas "Thirdkoopa" Guimaraes

Comments

I can't believe the Zelda series used the name Rauru twice already. Seems oddly specific of a name
TOTK Rauru has a similar mentor role to OoT Rauru so it’s not that different from continuously calling a character Link or Zelda when you think about it. The difference is that they changed a lot more for this character than they usually do

Anyways I haven’t watched the video yet but Rauru does seem like a pretty interesting way to rep TOTK

TOTK Rauru has a similar mentor role to OoT Rauru so it’s not that different from continuously calling a character Link or Zelda when you think about it. The difference is that they changed a lot more for this character than they usually do

Anyways I haven’t watched the video yet but Rauru does seem like a pretty interesting way to rep TOTK
Fair enough, I haven't played TOTK so I wouldn't know their similarities to the OOT Rauru

The LOZ series also has three different characters named Fado
  • Kokiri girl from OoT
  • Sage of the Winds from Wind Waker
  • Goat Farmer from Twilight Princess
I guess it's a very LOZ thing to do, reusing names.

Fair enough, I haven't played TOTK so I wouldn't know their similarities to the OOT Rauru

The LOZ series also has three different characters named Fado
  • Kokiri girl from OoT
  • Sage of the Winds from Wind Waker
  • Goat Farmer from Twilight Princess
I guess it's a very LOZ thing to do, reusing names.
Zelda usually has a lot of reincarnations (or atleast similar people showing up multiple times)
Beedle, impa, tingle a lot of the oot cast (especially in 2d games) Like Dampe apeared in:
OOT, MM, MC, ALTTP, LAR thats 5 games!
Usually those diffrent appearnces basically count as the same character (like Link and Zelda)
Although the two raurus look diffrent!

Also BTW Rauru cant be the first to found hyrule he probably founded His Hyrule sometime after the timeline but before BOTW!

Top Bottom