• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Deleted......

illinialex24

Smash Hero
I was playing around with the debug mode and with different controls and I found that she does indeed have a boost grab. I will have pictures comparing the length of this to her normal dash grab.

The frames you can interrupt to boost grab are 2 and 3 of the dash attack, 5 being when the actual dash attack hits on. However, only interrupting frame 3 gives noticeable results. I was very careful looking at how much farther you actually do go.

If you interrupt frame 2, the difference between the normal dash grab and the boost grab is the light inside border of the huge square on Final Destination or Rhombus. You know how it goes dark, white, and then a lot of dark green. Well, you only get a boost equal to the very tiny light region, almost unnoticeable.

However, you get around 4 times the boost if you interrupt frame 3. This is actually significant, because the first boost only had a slight boost over running 1 more frame. This one gives you a very significant boost, I would say it adds almost an extra 10% to your dash grab in terms of length.

So, the obvious issue is we need to only use the 3rd frame boost grab and ignore the second. The best way to do a boost grab the to run, press A, and use left shield or Z grab.

Work on your timing because the boost could be worth it.

Spoonbob

Smash Ace
how is that post relevent to what i said? i saw we've known about her boost grab we've just overlooked it because it didn't seem too important
Lol, it wasn't relevant at all...haha.

And yeah. I accidentally boost grab once in a while while trying to DACUS. It's actually saved me a bit. ;o

Veril

Frame Savant
We knew you could interrupt dash attack, we didn't know if it gave you a boost.
And knowing is half the battle...

btw, Rivem, my trainee, successfully GDI'd Lucas's up-smash in a match with Pikachu at moderate %. I later successfully GDI'd his thunder and forward smash.

Spoonbob

Smash Ace
btw, Rivem, my trainee, successfully GDI'd Lucas's up-smash in a match with Pikachu at moderate %. I later successfully GDI'd his thunder and forward smash.
That has nothing to do with a boost grab.

Top Bottom