• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Deleted Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

CandyCakes

Banned via Warnings
Eh, if anything this is a social. We can talk about anything under the sun should we want! ^_^

But if you want to talk about anything else about custom moves, I'm open to it. One custom move I think that will see some use is going to be Sleepy Toad, if we're deviating from Peach's normal specials. True that it's extremely hard to time, but the counter is deceptively long. As long as those bubbles are out, for instance, the hitbox is active, and the sleep is rather potent. On its own it won't KO, but we actually have moves that can KO at reasonable percents now.
What other uses will grumpy toad have

On sleepy toad its useless in the air imo. When u get it it could get u a free combo or a kill or just stage control. It could be used in so many ways

Gadiel_VaStar

Smash Champion
NNID
GadielVaStar
Oh my goodness, this character is amazing! OMGosh, she is SOO good, what was I thinking. Her animations are weird as heck right now still lol, but she is so buffed from brawl, like dang girl what did you eat/do? I didn't really try her out much because of the animations, but after playing Edreess, watching Slayerz vs Nairo, and playing PM Peach, I see how good she really is in this game. She has so many spacing options, and she can finally kill unlike Brawl! She also doesn't have to rely on Fair for all her spacing anymore! This is so great, Peach will be amazing on Wii U.

CandyCakes

Banned via Warnings
Oh my goodness, this character is amazing! OMGosh, she is SOO good, what was I thinking. Her animations are weird as heck right now still lol, but she is so buffed from brawl, like dang girl what did you eat/do? I didn't really try her out much because of the animations, but after playing Edreess, watching Slayerz vs Nairo, and playing PM Peach, I see how good she really is in this game. She has so many spacing options, and she can finally kill unlike Brawl! She also doesn't have to rely on Fair for all her spacing anymore! This is so great, Peach will be amazing on Wii U.
She can kill at incredibly low percents with side smash and up smash and fair. Like that uair goes thru everything and combos and juggles so well

Mikey Lenetia

Smash Champion
NNID
MikeyLenetia
Grumpy Toad seems to be good for the little blind spot that's in front of Peach, as well as dealing with people that like to charge in with (certain)projectiles. I haven't been able to see what Grumpy Toad's spores will stop, but having a ranged 'get off me' move has its perks. I will warn, however, to never use Grumpy Toad on recovery. For some reason it makes Peach sink like a stone, which could be all the difference between living and dying.

And hey, @ Gadiel_VaStar Gadiel_VaStar ! Good to see you back. You're definitely right about Peach being buffed from Brawl. It's going to be nice being able to actually consistently make an impact in tournaments with her again. ^_^

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
I sometimes question I will do this time around. Even if Peach is buffed. For some reason I feel like I will fail again like I did in melee and brawl. And think about it a lot. Guess there is only one way to find out.

Last edited:

CandyCakes

Banned via Warnings
Grumpy Toad seems to be good for the little blind spot that's in front of Peach, as well as dealing with people that like to charge in with (certain)projectiles. I haven't been able to see what Grumpy Toad's spores will stop, but having a ranged 'get off me' move has its perks. I will warn, however, to never use Grumpy Toad on recovery. For some reason it makes Peach sink like a stone, which could be all the difference between living and dying
I see it as a great thing to stop approuchs kinda like zeldas phantom. I see it good for characters like sonics spin dash and approaching little macs etc.

Gadiel_VaStar

Smash Champion
NNID
GadielVaStar
Grumpy Toad seems to be good for the little blind spot that's in front of Peach, as well as dealing with people that like to charge in with (certain)projectiles. I haven't been able to see what Grumpy Toad's spores will stop, but having a ranged 'get off me' move has its perks. I will warn, however, to never use Grumpy Toad on recovery. For some reason it makes Peach sink like a stone, which could be all the difference between living and dying.

And hey, @ Gadiel_VaStar Gadiel_VaStar ! Good to see you back. You're definitely right about Peach being buffed from Brawl. It's going to be nice being able to actually consistently make an impact in tournaments with her again. ^_^
Hey it's good to see you back too!

@ Dark.Pch Dark.Pch have some confidence in yourself, and just do your best. Don't worry so much about making an impact, but let your actions/words speak for themselves. Train on Nintendodojo.com too so you can play w/ the best. Always try to practice w/ the best as much as possible this time around, and you have a lot of players in NY who can help you. Don't go solo this time.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
I see it as a great thing to stop approuchs kinda like zeldas phantom. I see it good for characters like sonics spin dash and approaching little macs etc.
Does that move really stop her phantom?

@ Dark.Pch Dark.Pch have some confidence in yourself, and just do your best. Don't worry so much about making an impact, but let your actions/words speak for themselves. Train on Nintendodojo.com too so you can play w/ the best. Always try to practice w/ the best as much as possible this time around, and you have a lot of players in NY who can help you. Don't go solo this time.
See that's the funny thing. I am usually solo. Most of the stuff I do is on my own. Peach practice and find stuff out is usually on my own. I don't talk to anyone about strats or w/e. So when I make guides or give advice its usually from me sitting alone thinking about stuff and typing it down on my PC to review and test out later. My sig says lone warrior for a reason. That's the way its usually been to the point I kinda got use to it. That might have been the problem and might be the problem in the future. I'm not with a click, a group or anything. Just me being a nerd writing stuff up by myself to no end.

In NY there really isn't a lot of people I can talk to and test stuff out a lot. Most of these so called top players are in Long Island. While I am in NYC. I dont have someone I can just talk and test stuff out with a lot. All I do is play people, then go home and review the matches and right up a summary on that day. or think about it a lot alone. What I been doing ever since I got the game.

Only person I have in that class to talk to is NinjaLink and that is not always an options. And no one here uses my character nor has good control over her as I do. So in a way. I kinda have no choice and have to work twice as hard to stay on point

Nose

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Jecolo
@ Dark.Pch Dark.Pch

I've got some free time in the evenings
I'm willing to play with you some and talk about peach's strengths and weaknesses

what you said makes me look at your findings in a new light
I think you'd benefit from having at the very least
a somewhat reliable training partner.

CandyCakes

Banned via Warnings
Now let's talk about her midrange combos
Dair>fair
Dair>uair>jump>uair
Dtilt>uair>jump>uair

Nose

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Jecolo
on heavier characters she can go straight into bair from down throw in mid percents

dair to nair can be pulled off but the specifics for it are pretty variable if I remember right

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
@ Dark.Pch Dark.Pch

I've got some free time in the evenings
I'm willing to play with you some and talk about peach's strengths and weaknesses

what you said makes me look at your findings in a new light
I think you'd benefit from having at the very least
a somewhat reliable training partner.
I guess that could work. Could take off some daily stress I have thinking about stuff and reviewing it all on my computer. Do you have Skype?

Now let's talk about her midrange combos
Dair>fair
Dair>uair>jump>uair
Dtilt>uair>jump>uair
Dair > Dair > Jump > Turnip Throw >Uair/Up-B.
Dair > Dair > Jump > Uair/Up-B.
Dair > Uptilt spike >Grab > Dthrow > Bair.
Dair > Throw turnip upward > Uptilt.
Dtilt >Upair spike > Grab >Dthrow >Nair.
Dtilt > Nair > Grab > Dthrow > Bair.
Nair/Fair >TLC > Dtilt > Grab > Dthrow > Bair
Nair/Fair >TLC Dtilt > Nair > Grab > Dthrow > bair.

Nose

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Jecolo
I have skype but the thing hasn't worked for a while--

it refuses to connect to the internet for some reason. I could try reinstalling it, but until then/if it doesn't work we could do IRC.

I'm eager to throw back ideas! I'm often at a deficit for playing with crafty opponents, someone you can learn with.
my friend code is
3437-3523-5649
if you've got time tonight.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Whats IRC?

And I can not play people when I am at home. I have no net here as of yet. So I am using someones open signal and it sucks.

Nose

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Jecolo
it stands for internet relay chat
but it's just real time chat online
server-based aol basically

but I'm usually free any time after one-ish
you have a specific timeframe that works best (for signal and time) and I can cooperate with you on that

Nose

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Jecolo
yup

we'll have to find a private channel
but it shouldn't be hard to set up at all

by the way your villager advice was fukkin fantastic
I managed to beat him convincingly both matches

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Private message me when you have one set up and I'll go.

And glad my advice helped. Guess being a lonely nerd does pay off sometimes.

Last edited:

Mr.CreamCakes

Smash Cadet
Wait @ Dark.Pch Dark.Pch you play villager? I've never seen u mention him. That interesting. I don't have a 3ds but I hope we'll play a few matchs

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Yooooo the return of a social thread!

subbed4peach

:093:

Peachkid

Smash Champion
NNID
Peachkid
3DS FC
0791-2008-8754
@ Mikey Lenetia Mikey Lenetia and I have been fooling around with Peach in teams recently. Particularly Peach/Zelda and Peach/Rosalina...

**** is busted as fuhhhhhhhhhhhh

Last edited:

Nose

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Jecolo
@ Dark.Pch Dark.Pch did you ever end up playing? I'd like to see the way you play

@ Peachkid Peachkid peach has always been an amazing support character in teams ever since melee, I wouldn't be surprised if her and rosalina made a super powerful duo.

Peachkid

Smash Champion
NNID
Peachkid
3DS FC
0791-2008-8754
I know! I'm a big doubles player in all forms of smash. It's sort of my gig haha. It's just nice to know that she's still solid in teams again. All hail the Royal Trinity

With the right partner, I'd wager she might be even better now.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
@ Dark.Pch Dark.Pch did you ever end up playing? I'd like to see the way you play

@ Peachkid Peachkid peach has always been an amazing support character in teams ever since melee, I wouldn't be surprised if her and rosalina made a super powerful duo.
No, we just chilled. I'll keep you updated next time I stream.

Mikey Lenetia

Smash Champion
NNID
MikeyLenetia
Well, just to give an idea as to what @ Peachkid Peachkid is talking about, Peach's dsmash on hit keeps a person there long enough for a Zelda to be able to properly time a lightning kick of her choice, even with online lag.

Now imagine what these two can potentially do without online lag holding them down, and a cstick to make Peach even more responsive to make these openings.

ninrok

Smash Cadet
NNID
rokninja
Hey all, hope y'all don't mind if I jump on the Peach hype train. :3

Kinda' picked her up randomly while trying to figure out who I'd main in SSB4 (played her casually in past games), and I've been "in love" ever since. Still mostly lurking and reading up on things for now since I'm pretty new to competitive Smash. :-)

Rango the Mercenary

The Mercenary
3DS FC
2320-6400-7280
Anyone know a player named BLUE on For Glory? He and I had some really intense matches. I used Ike and Bowser Jr.

Tweedle

Smash Apprentice
I was fighting a kirby Cpu and I plucked stitch 4 times. The first 3 I missed and the last one I plucked right after beating him.

Lol I suck. I enjoy the higher stitch rate that seems to be a thing though.

Mikey Lenetia

Smash Champion
NNID
MikeyLenetia
I've noticed that stitchfaces seem to be more common. Maybe it's because of beam swords being completely gone, so there's one less item out of the way of a stitchface pull?

YeahVeryeah

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4184-3623-5583
I've been exploring the roster for a third character. With GCN control breaths away from a reality, I'm excited to try out peach.

Naturally, i'll explore her on for glory (great for familiarizing yourself with a fighter, if nothing else), but it'd be cool if I could be made aware of her bread and butter/ be given moral support and congratulations.

Nabbitnator

Smash Ace
NNID
Nabbitz
So my campus had a tourney today and I won with peach. I had a match against Rosalina and thought it would be difficult until I found that peach bomber gets rid of luma if its not protected.

LordShade67

Smash Ace
NNID
LordShade67
3DS FC
2148-8642-9915
Just stopping by to state my thoughts on Peach on a more....cosmetic level. After all, this IS the Social thread.

The Mushroom Kingdom's princess became absolutely frickin' adorable in this iteration. Everything from her expressions (She even has a specific one for Peach Bomber when she hits someone/something with her ass. No joke.) to her dress physics(Which looked so bleh in 3DS, but eh. Hardware limitations.) made me like this character even more than in Brawl or even Melee. Having new palettes on top of that (black/yellow FTW. <3) makes her even better. [/fanboying]

With that, carry on.

Mikey Lenetia

Smash Champion
NNID
MikeyLenetia
Welcome to the Peach boards Yeahveryeah. A lot of Peach's bread and butter is still being experimented with, but with enough practice you'll find that she's rather intuitive. While she may have a handful of common followups(dair -> insert appropriate aerial here), a lot more is playing on the fly and adjusting to what the opponent does. She's a hard character to master, but don't give up!

Agreed, LordShade. I love how Peach and Dedede have remained the most expressive of the roster. It honestly makes playing Peach such a treat due to how funny her expressions are.

Arle Nadja

Prodigy Sorceress & Girl Power Icon
NNID
ChaoticMarin
3DS FC
1547-5230-3937
I'm wicked out of touch because my Brawl disc has been broken for a long time and Peach simply feels different. I still find myself struggling with long-ranged characters online a lot, but Shulk at least has become a non-issue due to significant lag all over the place to exploit.

I've found that you can combo d-throw into flying bomber at low percents to quickly rack up 20 or so damage per combo. I believe on 'normal'ish weight characters you can do this 3 times before you miss the victim, but I'm honestly unsure if flying bomber can be dodged or di'd somehow; so far I've gotten the impression that it can't, which makes flying bomber an easy choice for me because I always loathe the start up / ending lag on Peach's side B's and normally wouldn't use them much.

http://smashboards.com/threads/peach-video-thread.369598/page-2#post-18048494 (Video of me expirementing wih customs.)

Also, speaking of custom movesets I find sleepy toad to be a direct upgrade over default toad. It can be combo'd into a smash attack for free KOs at high percent and I believe the damage you can do while they're helpless is comparable to regular toad anyway. I've actually never had it trigger on an airborne opponent though so far, so that might be the downside.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom