• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Deleted Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

CandyCakes

Banned via Warnings
Hey everyone, I didn't find a proper social thread so let's discuss. First let's discuss her appearence changes

Peachkid

Smash Champion
NNID
Peachkid
3DS FC
0791-2008-8754
I for one, love her new look. She's super stylized and so freaking cute. Her new animations are great as well. I'm excited to see her new run animation with simulated cloth in the wii u version, but part of me will always have a special place in my heart for her demented t-rex run in the 3ds version

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
Yeah but I wish they gave her an alternate that's like different like Marios golf suit, links fierce dietity outfit
I doubt we'll ever see an alt without the dress, have you seen how the model looks without it? Very disproportionate, head/hear is huge. I actually hated those Brawl costume hacks without it, felt her hit/hurtboxes were smaller.

Just weird.

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801
Holy **** no wonder she's hiding her legs all the time. They weren't this bad in Brawl, although her skinny bone legs didn't look all too well there either. I'd prefer she just keep her dress on.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Haha. Subbing.

Last edited:

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Holy **** no wonder she's hiding her legs all the time. They weren't this bad in Brawl, although her skinny bone legs didn't look all too well there either. I'd prefer she just keep her dress on.
Ey!. Watch your mouth about my waifu dude.

Damm kids. Pissing me off......

MechaWave

Smash Champion
Also I noticed that her dress got bigger when she floats
yeah, y'all see the wii u dress physics? i was so annoyed with brawl and the 3ds that they removed something like that, when melee had dress physics, and now it seems even better than melee's in the wii u version.

here particularly, her dress is actually affected by her animations, movements and gravity. technically this also applies to the other girls with dresses, being rosa and zelda.

CandyCakes

Banned via Warnings
yeah, y'all see the wii u dress physics? i was so annoyed with brawl and the 3ds that they removed something like that, when melee had dress physics, and now it seems even better than melee's in the wii u version.

here particularly, her dress is actually affected by her animations, movements and gravity. technically this also applies to the other girls with dresses, being rosa and zelda.
Her dress is just so much better. It moves better, and it just looks better. The design is so detailed

Luminario

Smash Lord

Sweet jesus the flowy hair and dress physics. is it just me or is the hair less stiff than it was in Brawl as well?
It's understandable that the 3DS doesn't have any physics for stuff like that since the game itself pushes the system to its max but I just kinda wish they simply animated the dress and hair a little bit to make it look less stiff like they did with Palutena's hair.

MechaWave

Smash Champion
Sweet jesus the flowy hair and dress physics. is it just me or is the hair less stiff than it was in Brawl as well?
It's understandable that the 3DS doesn't have any physics for stuff like that since the game itself pushes the system to its max but I just kinda wish they simply animated the dress and hair a little bit to make it look less stiff like they did with Palutena's hair.
Nah, not just you, all hair physics were also improved dramatically. It's really cool.

CandyCakes

Banned via Warnings
Also if peach is in parasol mode, she puts one of the hands on the side. That's a nice addition

Peachkid

Smash Champion
NNID
Peachkid
3DS FC
0791-2008-8754
I love Peach's new run animation. Also, just wait till November 21st to see how freaking detailed Peach's entire model is in game. She's absolutely gorgeous

Last edited:

CandyCakes

Banned via Warnings
I love Peach's new run animation. Also, just wait till November 21st to see how freaking detailed Peach's entire model is in game. She's absolutely gorgeous
I've heard that her amiibo isn't the one from the trailer like it's decent. All the human characters look weird

Peachkid

Smash Champion
NNID
Peachkid
3DS FC
0791-2008-8754
Guys, I found out something that is super crucial to the meta game development of Peach

She skips to the almost precise rhythm of "Walk walk, fashion baby."

Find a video that loops this for hours and try it out. IT'S SO IMPORTANT

MechaWave

Smash Champion
She technically runs a bit faster with that new animation, so yeah, I like it.

CandyCakes

Banned via Warnings
Guys, I found out something that is super crucial to the meta game development of Peach

She skips to the almost precise rhythm of "Walk walk, fashion baby."

Find a video that loops this for hours and try it out. IT'S SO IMPORTANT
"Walk walk fashion baby" yes that's perfect

Last edited:

CandyCakes

Banned via Warnings
Honestly I think her custom moves have so much potential competitively and Heres my opinions

Flower bomber: my favorite, although the range was nerfed, U can rack up serious damage with it. The bigger flower, the more damage, and the more it lasts. A few flower bombers could do 40 damage

Fire bomber: it's good, I think u could do stuff like dair to it and it is stronger, it could be an unique combo finisher. Near no to landing lag

Sleepy toad: I find it amazing, since counters are more relevant this game. This could get free kills or help get a quick combo in.

Grumpy toad: it could be a quick pressure tool. It can poke shields or just space out character. It could edgeguard and its great at midrange and it's just a quick projectile to pull out when u need one

High parasol: it could be good but I think that peachs verticle recovery is already good but it could help the recover lag from fire bomber

Light parasol: it could be tricky and interesting and could gimp some other recoveries but I think it's inferior to the others

Heavy turnips: good for sheild pressure, it could cause lots of shield pressure and is good in matchups where she can easily approuch

Light turnips: good for approuch and could set up many traps

Last edited:

Zero Suit Senpai

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
5000-4318-0259
Yeah sleepy toad seems completely bonkers if custom moves end up legal. I'd also say slow turnips are good for covering approaches, but with all of the insane shenanigans people are discovering with default turnips, those will probably be the go to.

CandyCakes

Banned via Warnings
Yeah sleepy toad seems completely bonkers if custom moves end up legal. I'd also say slow turnips are good for covering approaches, but with all of the insane shenanigans people are discovering with default turnips, those will probably be the go to.
I don't kno how the heavy turnips are supposed to be used but Idk why people don't like flower bomber

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Heavy turnip is used for pressure. Best used on characters who you can get close to with lil to no effort without the use of a turnip. You can TLC with it on some one shield and might be able to get a grab if they block it (Not sure how much hit stun it has). A stitch might break full shields with it.

Might be possible to get a 0-death better with the heavy turnip.

Last edited:

CandyCakes

Banned via Warnings
Heavy turnip is used for pressure. Best used on characters who you can get close to with lil to no effort without the use of a turnip. You can TLC with it on some one shield and might be able to get a grab if they block it (Not sure how much hit stun it has). A stitch might break full shields with it.

Might be possible to get a 0-death better with the heavy turnip.
Really? I should expirement with it. It seems interesting, maybe a few hits with it could break a shield

leafbarrett

Smash Lord
Fire bomber: it's good, I think u could do stuff like dair to it and it is stronger, it could be an unique combo finisher
Just wanna put this out there. Flying Peach Bomber has no landing lag, and I mean that in almost the most literal sense - she doesn't even use her side-B landing animation, she uses her light landing animation, meaning you can act after maybe a frame or two of waiting. Try it out on Battlefield with the platforms; she goes the perfect height to land one platform up.
Now, I'm aware that you're vulnerable for the brief moment that you're in the air, but in my (admittedly very unprofessional and low-level) experience, if you're trying to punish her with anything grounded, like a grab, you've got a much smaller window of time in which you can successfully snag her.

CandyCakes

Banned via Warnings
I
Just wanna put this out there. Flying Peach Bomber has no landing lag, and I mean that in almost the most literal sense - she doesn't even use her side-B landing animation, she uses her light landing animation, meaning you can act after maybe a frame or two of waiting. Try it out on Battlefield with the platforms; she goes the perfect height to land one platform up.
Now, I'm aware that you're vulnerable for the brief moment that you're in the air, but in my (admittedly very unprofessional and low-level) experience, if you're trying to punish her with anything grounded, like a grab, you've got a much smaller window of time in which you can successfully snag her.
lll add that to the list

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Made it to grand finals today at Nintendo's Super Smash Club today but didn't take first :(

Was against Bowser, Ike, and Little Mac in a timed free-for-all. Peach definitely doesn't cut it compared to them in this kind of match. Hell, the Bowser got 2 KOs from a single down b x_x Little Mac won.

Peachkid

Smash Champion
NNID
Peachkid
3DS FC
0791-2008-8754
I feel like I should drop this link, since this topic of discussion has come up.

http://smashboards.com/threads/peac...collab-with-peachkid-updated-10-20-14.372016/

It's a collaborative thread that Mikey Lenetia and I have been working on regarding all of Peach's specials. We still need to get to Toad, but we have a great deal of insight into how the specials work, and some techniques associated with them.

Give it a look see if you haven't!

Last edited:

CandyCakes

Banned via Warnings
I feel like I should drop this link, since this topic of discussion has come up.

http://smashboards.com/threads/peac...collab-with-peachkid-updated-10-20-14.372016/

It's a collaborative thread that Mikey Lenetia and I have been working on regarding all of Peach's specials. We still need to get to Toad, but we have a great deal of insight into how the specials work, and some techniques associated with them.

Give it a look see if you haven't!
Nice thread but on the flower bomber, can U see if you hit them a few times in a row if the flower gets bigger, If the flower gets bigger then it'll do damage faster and stay longer

Peachkid

Smash Champion
NNID
Peachkid
3DS FC
0791-2008-8754
Nice thread but on the flower bomber, can U see if you hit them a few times in a row if the flower gets bigger, If the flower gets bigger then it'll do damage faster and stay longer
We did test that actually. While the flower did grow a bit bigger, the damage wasn't noticeable enough, and it didn't effect the difficulty of shaking off the flower sadly. When I was shaking, the flower was removed almost instantly, giving Mikey only 2% extra on me, dealing only 6% total.

We'll do some more testing today, see if the findings are consistent.

Last edited:

Mikey Lenetia

Smash Champion
NNID
MikeyLenetia
To give a better idea, at low percents the flower can potentially stick around for a while, and the flower does indeed grow should you manage to land multiple Flower Bombers. However, in the 60-70% range the CPU Bowser instantly mashes out of the flower and flies too far for either a follow up or another Flower Bomber. Even hitting a CPU around 40% seems to make them instantly mash out of it.

But, yeah. We'll do some more testing tonight and see if it's as simple for a human opponent. My first impressions, though, aren't very good.

Last edited:

CandyCakes

Banned via Warnings
I see lots of potential tho. after you hit their shield once they're not just gonna let u break the shield so eventually it'll hit them. It's also probably to fast for most outofshield options

Mikey Lenetia

Smash Champion
NNID
MikeyLenetia
After some more extensive testing on Flower Bomber... I'm really sorry to say, but the original bomber plus Rising Bomber have more utility than Flower Bomber. Peach Bomber has something around 2.2 times the distance on it for not even a half-second more startup, it solidly deals 6-7% more than Flower Bomber, and in spite of what it might be used for, it only takes two Peach Bombers to break a shield, while a shield is still standing after three Flower Bombers. If someone just holds away, even after getting hit by Flower Bomber, they're effectively out of Peach's threat range for after the bounce(and this was while I held forward to not bounce as far). Peachkid was also able to mash out of the flower in the same pocket of time that he rolled away, and some characters, such as Rosalina, can shieldgrab you if you decide to stay close to try and hit another Flower Bomber, or even if you just hold toward her. Not to mention in that specific matchup, with the weakened knockback it doesn't do much of anything to Luma where a Peach Bomber could potentially kill Luma on spawn. Even with the flower that it gives, it's so small that it takes a couple of consecutive hits of Flower Bomber to make the flower grow to a decent size, effectively making it a very weak poison effect. If it was a more potent flower or refreshed move staling with each tic, it would be passable, but that isn't the case. In the end it's more of an annoyance than a threat toward the opponent.

Don't get me wrong. I don't want to hate on Flower Bomber, and I encourage people to continue to experiment with it to see what all of its uses are. But with the shortened range, shortened knockback, lessened damage to percents and shield, ease of shaking out of the flower, and lessened ability to use it as a recovery move, I can't see a great use for it over the other options. It can be used with some combos at lower percents, but it gives up so much for such a small gain. We honestly had trouble seeing the benefit of choosing this version over the other two, which have such prominent, immediate strengths to choosing them.

EDIT: However, while testing things out, I did manage to get a stitchface to double bomb pull on Peachkid. He wasn't happy with me. XD

Last edited:

CandyCakes

Banned via Warnings
After some more extensive testing on Flower Bomber... I'm really sorry to say, but the original bomber plus Rising Bomber have more utility than Flower Bomber. Peach Bomber has something around 2.2 times the distance on it for not even a half-second more startup, it solidly deals 6-7% more than Flower Bomber, and in spite of what it might be used for, it only takes two Peach Bombers to break a shield, while a shield is still standing after three Flower Bombers. If someone just holds away, even after getting hit by Flower Bomber, they're effectively out of Peach's threat range for after the bounce(and this was while I held forward to not bounce as far). Peachkid was also able to mash out of the flower in the same pocket of time that he rolled away, and some characters, such as Rosalina, can shieldgrab you if you decide to stay close to try and hit another Flower Bomber, or even if you just hold toward her. Not to mention in that specific matchup, with the weakened knockback it doesn't do much of anything to Luma where a Peach Bomber could potentially kill Luma on spawn. Even with the flower that it gives, it's so small that it takes a couple of consecutive hits of Flower Bomber to make the flower grow to a decent size, effectively making it a very weak poison effect. If it was a more potent flower or refreshed move staling with each tic, it would be passable, but that isn't the case. In the end it's more of an annoyance than a threat toward the opponent.

Don't get me wrong. I don't want to hate on Flower Bomber, and I encourage people to continue to experiment with it to see what all of its uses are. But with the shortened range, shortened knockback, lessened damage to percents and shield, ease of shaking out of the flower, and lessened ability to use it as a recovery move, I can't see a great use for it over the other options. It can be used with some combos at lower percents, but it gives up so much for such a small gain. We honestly had trouble seeing the benefit of choosing this version over the other two, which have such prominent, immediate strengths to choosing them.

EDIT: However, while testing things out, I did manage to get a stitchface to double bomb pull on Peachkid. He wasn't happy with me. XD
Is flower bomber better in anyway? Also specifically how many bombers did it take to make the flower decent

Peachkid

Smash Champion
NNID
Peachkid
3DS FC
0791-2008-8754
It's really hard to say. Flower Bomber does do better in terms of start up speed, but just slightly. You can do some decently quick movements with auto canceling it, but overall it's not much faster.

It also took about 3 to 4 consecutive hits before the flower got to a good size where it wasn't as easy to shake off. I feel like if the game had a bit more hitstun or was Project: M, it might be good due to it might be able to combo into itself.

We don't want to discourage you or anyone else from using it. If you love Flower Bomber, then make that your thing baby! It's unfortunately the weakest of her side b options, but I don't think you'll outright lose a match for choosing it. :>

Last edited:

CandyCakes

Banned via Warnings
It's really hard to say. Flower Bomber does do better in terms of start up speed, but just slightly. You can do some decently quick movements with auto canceling it, but overall it's not much faster.

It also took about 3 to 4 consecutive hits before the flower got to a good size where it wasn't as easy to shake off. I feel like if the game had a bit more hitstun or was Project: M, it might be good due to it might be able to combo into itself.

We don't want to discourage you or anyone else from using it. If you love Flower Bomber, then make that your thing baby! It's unfortunately the weakest of her side b options, but I don't think you'll outright lose a match for choosing it. :>
That's good to hear, only three doesn't seem impossible and it can punish out of shield, and I think dthrow to bomber combos so I think it could be useful.

Thanks for experimenting

After today I've made my custom moveset

Grumpy toad
Flower bomber
Parasol
Vegetable

Should we change the topic and if we do, then what do we change it to

Last edited:

Mikey Lenetia

Smash Champion
NNID
MikeyLenetia
Eh, if anything this is a social. We can talk about anything under the sun should we want! ^_^

But if you want to talk about anything else about custom moves, I'm open to it. One custom move I think that will see some use is going to be Sleepy Toad, if we're deviating from Peach's normal specials. True that it's extremely hard to time, but the counter is deceptively long. As long as those bubbles are out, for instance, the hitbox is active, and the sleep is rather potent. On its own it won't KO, but we actually have moves that can KO at reasonable percents now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom