• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Deleted Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Good god, got to try out Peach this weekend for the first time. My waifu in HD.....*whips drool off*

Anyway, if you guys wanna see some live Peach action, i'm about to head out to NinjaLinks house and he might stream it. If you wanna check it out check out his channel and follow the homie. So you can know when he goes live. I'm using peach all nite. Rosalina is gonna have to take a back seat for a while.

www.twitch.tv/NinjaLink

Been busy with work and finally have a day off. Now I can play some smash 4 with my waifu. She going on saying I been ignoring her cause of work.....girls. Well now the DP is coming through...........................ok ima go now.....

byebye

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BigByeBee
Good god, got to try out Peach this weekend for the first time. My waifu in HD.....*whips drool off*

Anyway, if you guys wanna see some live Peach action, i'm about to head out to NinjaLinks house and he might stream it. If you wanna check it out check out his channel and follow the homie. So you can know when he goes live. I'm using peach all nite. Rosalina is gonna have to take a back seat for a while.

www.twitch.tv/NinjaLink

Been busy with work and finally have a day off. Now I can play some smash 4 with my waifu. She going on saying I been ignoring her cause of work.....girls. Well now the DP is coming through...........................ok ima go now.....
have fun. give us some impressions on the new peach now that TLC is gone and how it affects peach's game.

Moozle

Smash Champion
Wow streaming has come a long way. Or maybe it's the WiiU itself. Ninjalink's stream looks soooo crisp compared to what I remember from early Brawl tournaments. And nice Peach play, her new Uair adds a useful new element to her groundfloat game. You're lucky to get a lot of different matchup experience playing with Ninjalink.

Last edited:

byebye

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BigByeBee
good instant float nairs there DP. can't do those for now. I always get short hop dair when trying those. :|

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
So while playing her for hours yesterday I have to say she is hella hard to use. Playing on the console feels so much better with a controller in hand. But this does not completely take away the struggle.

One thing, I don't like her bair in this game. If I space a grounded bair on shield, I can get punished for it. Cause I have to wait a certain time before I can auto cancel it. This is only good to do if the opponent does something laggy on shield. And the range of the move is not so great either. Feels like nair range.

Another thing is her fair. You have to do it in a quick session you did it in the 3ds to short hop auto cancel. Which can be hard. I could not get the hang of it on the controller which makes it hard to space and be safe. I found it a lil easier to slide your thumb from the jump button to the attack to get auto cancel fairs.

With TLC and turnip canceling gone, it makes things alot harder now. And some characters like greninja are just hell. Its hard to space moves and be safe in this game with her against characters like that. And I get jump in on or get put in crappy situations alot. Even against characters who are not that big of a deal vs her. I was getting a lil fustrated trying to have a solid neutral game with her and space moves. Which is important. I ether could not space right or auto cancel well enough, and just got punish for free alot.

She is better in this game then she was in brawl, but the price to pay for that is she is alot harder to use and win with. I believe I'll figure something out. But this for the time being is gonna be hell trying to get things on point and deal with these characters that are fast and have projectiles to camp with.

Though I think I did ok playing for for the first time that long. The weekend that just past I only played her for about 30 mins and have to get off when I lose cause others were there, so it was kinda crappy practice. Next week I'm gonna buy the wii u and the game so I can pratice alot on my own. And hopefully find a solid way to deal with all of this.

EOE

Smash Apprentice
Great matches. I had time to watch a few of them earlier and definitely noticed the difficulty with auto-cancelling her F-air.
On the 3DS, I had Y as jump and B as attack to make short-hop F-air really easy. I might have to do some remapping on the WiiU version, too.

Another thing I noticed was the lack of D-throw > B-air connecting. Is this harder on the WiiU than on the 3DS?
I think your movement was really fluid, though. And I see that you too have been practising D-tilt > N-air > shenanigans. <3
Can't wait to get my hands on the WiiU version!

Last edited:

byebye

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BigByeBee
yeah, I have been doing the X -> A slide on the 3ds for the auto cancelled shorthop fair. sliding the thumb I think is the easiest way to do it.

With the lack of TLC, I found using turnips a lot less useful now. there aren't much opportunities to pull turnips safely and after we pull the turnip, we don't get a lot of payoff for it. It feels like it's just another projectile. not to mention, we lose all of our non float normals when we have a turnip in hand.

of course I still pull turnips when I get the chance. bombomb, saturn and stitch psychs out opponents when they see what we are holding.

Thoughts?

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Great matches. I had time to watch a few of them earlier and definitely noticed the difficulty with auto-cancelling her F-air.
On the 3DS, I had Y as jump and B as attack to make short-hop F-air really easy. I might have to do some remapping on the WiiU version, too.

Another thing I noticed was the lack of D-throw > B-air connecting. Is this harder on the WiiU than on the 3DS?
I think your movement was really fluid, though. And I see that you too have been practising D-tilt > N-air > shenanigans. <3
Can't wait to get my hands on the WiiU version!
It was either my timing or some characters can not get hit with that set up. So in this case if people wanna jump out of it, I have to full hop uair then. If they try to air dodge, I think I will just ground float Nair. Got that a few times.

yeah, I have been doing the X -> A slide on the 3ds for the auto cancelled shorthop fair. sliding the thumb I think is the easiest way to do it.

With the lack of TLC, I found using turnips a lot less useful now. there aren't much opportunities to pull turnips safely and after we pull the turnip, we don't get a lot of payoff for it. It feels like it's just another projectile. not to mention, we lose all of our non float normals when we have a turnip in hand.

of course I still pull turnips when I get the chance. bombomb, saturn and stitch psychs out opponents when they see what we are holding.

Thoughts?
If you have a turnip in hand, you have to make that toss count. Because if you miss and don't follow up, your blind spot will be in danger and can be put in a crappy situation. Her bling spot on the ground is being right outside her nair range. Peach really can't do anything here against nearly the whole cast. Her moves are either short ranged or slow. You Really can't afford this. Thus a strong neutral game is important. Yet doing that with Peach is a pain. I typed up a few ways on my PC on how to step up her neutral game. Or at least create a solid one. Here are my notes thus far.

- Dash to QFR (Quick float release), dash back to a Jump cancel turnip toss behind out)

- Short hop dair and space it. Then float as soon as the move ends and float back to a fair/Nair. If you short hop and instantly dair, you have a small window where you can float really low to the ground and throw out a spaced move then retreat if needed. This can be done with a turnip in hand to make things even better. Jump and then Z-drop the turnip. Then quickly do a dair to catch the turnip. After to float and space an air attack. You can pull back, land and mix QFR or jump cancel tosses to bait a reaction and counter attack. Or Just be safe from people who just wanna go in and attack you.

- Float a lil below the ground and fair with a turnip in hand while staying in place or backing up a lil.. Land and mix QFR with jump cancel throws.

- If a turnip hits the opponent, recatch it and mix in some of the steps I just stated. Recatching a turnip is seriously important here. Do it at any chance you can get.

That's all I could come up with. I need to brain storm some more. Or just come up with something creative.

byebye

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BigByeBee
agree! recatching a turnip whenever possible has been a priority for me lately. pulling out a turnip from the ground is being a pain. sometimes i'll give up a potential pressure opportunity just to pull out one safely.

thanks for the early feedback. i'll try to get QFRs in my game to bait reactions from approaches.

edit: there's a tlink AT about SH bomb throw then dash upon landing, then dash attack to recatch or something like that. not sure if that is applicable with peach using turnips.

Last edited:

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801
One thing, I don't like her bair in this game. If I space a grounded bair on shield, I can get punished for it. Cause I have to wait a certain time before I can auto cancel it. This is only good to do if the opponent does something laggy on shield. And the range of the move is not so great either. Feels like nair range.
I completely disagree with this. Her Bair is still one of her best moves imo since it's an amazing spacing tool and beats A LOT of stuff. Granted I don't use floating Bair a lot, but shorthop Bair is absolutely ********. It's fast, has a a lot of range (doesn't feel decreased from Brawl when I shorthop it at all), and unlike Fair, it can always be fast falled to autocancel it immediately so it's completely safe on block and often even on whiff (but not always, beware of good Dash Attacks). Shorthop Bair is one of the strongest tools she has, especially when you fastfall autocancel it for minimal lag. I

That said this is on the 3DS version, but I do not assume it has changed on the Wii U version.

Gadiel_VaStar

Smash Champion
NNID
GadielVaStar
Am I the only one who has issues w/ the new c-stick? lol. I can't hold the C-stick anymore without it messing up my aerial momentum & keeping it in place. I have had that habit since Melee/Brawl, so now I have to relearn to flick the c-stick instead of being able to just press & hold for a bit. It's semi-annoying especially when I'm trying to play Peach.

BoTastic!

Smash Master
NNID
BoScotty
I'm also having the same issue but I'm adapting. I tried changing my C stick to attack but I keep tilting when I try to Smash attack and I can't break the habit.

So I guess try your best to get used to it.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
I completely disagree with this. Her Bair is still one of her best moves imo since it's an amazing spacing tool and beats A LOT of stuff. Granted I don't use floating Bair a lot, but shorthop Bair is absolutely ********. It's fast, has a a lot of range (doesn't feel decreased from Brawl when I shorthop it at all), and unlike Fair, it can always be fast falled to autocancel it immediately so it's completely safe on block and often even on whiff (but not always, beware of good Dash Attacks). Shorthop Bair is one of the strongest tools she has, especially when you fastfall autocancel it for minimal lag. I

That said this is on the 3DS version, but I do not assume it has changed on the Wii U version.
The range of her bair is not all that. I went in on a greninja with a bair, he did not block and it did not hit him. And this was out of shield. I do not like this move out of shield. I can't hit and then land to a block or evasion. On wiff both in the air or the ground, characters who are fast and/or have a ranged air attack can punish you. I was playing NinjaLink with characters of the sort and I got punished for it alot. Your spacing has to be on point. And there is a certain point for you to auto cancel. That time you can be put in danager or hit out of. I don't like that move because of how you have to auto cancel in this game. I'm not as safe as compared to melee/brawl. And It so far have not been a good move floating out of shield.

Also, turkey day from Uncle Peach to the kids.

Last edited:

Razmakazi

Smash Champion
Man, I thought I'd be out of commission for several months since I wasn't gonna buy a WiiU yet, and then girlfriend buys one today. Thanksgiving is dooope lol

Princess Toady

Smash Ace
NNID
PrincessToady
Hello everyone, SSBU just came out in Europe so I got my first taste of Peach.

She's really changed, that's the least I can say. However, I'm not posting because of her changes... But rather, there is a change in the physics of the game that's really bothering me (for no real reason) and I'd like to know whether I'm doing something wrong or if it's really gone.

In Melee and Brawl, when you were sent off by an attack and were falling down while not in hitstun, you could shake the joystick left and right to return to a normal falling animation. I can't seem to do it in this installment, is it gone ?

rje457

Smash Cadet
I just want to come on and say that ya'll on the Peach Boards are awesome. For years I have been playing characters like Samus, Yoshi, and Pikachu and never Peach. I decided to look into Peach this year and I found that you Peach mains on the Peach Boards are crazy....in a good way. lol In no other character board have I seen such passion for a character to succeed, or the amount of in-depth guides to help other Peach mains succeed. You guys are very proud that you play Peach and embrace her uniqueness and difficultly. Being a Peach main is like being in a cult and I think it's awesome, it's been fun competing with Peach in Melee and PM this past fall and summer I look to continue doing that, as well as possibly maining her Smash 4.

Thanks to all you Peach Mains and special thanks to Dark (Uncle) Pch for helping new Peach's much more than you ever thought you are.

Arle Nadja

Prodigy Sorceress & Girl Power Icon
NNID
ChaoticMarin
3DS FC
1547-5230-3937
How do you guys feel about Peach's new Up-air? like visually, effectiveness, anything.
I adore it visually, but in terms of application I often never use it simply because I feel Peach's fair has much better spacing options. With uair I am always like "do I want to take my chances on getting hit with a dair?" and it's like naaaaaah I'll just try and catch them with a fair or a bair if I have to instead.

Maybe I fight people who space their aerials really well, but I really hate being below someone as Peach. It rarely seems to do anything good for me if I come at them from below. My preferred response to someone deliberately coming at me from above is just to punish them with a shieldgrab if possible or retreat and put pressure on them to stop them from trying again.

Speaking of grabbing though, I was slightly surprised to learn that there is a grab immunity period after a character is thrown. Even if my victim lands right next to me after a low percentage grab if I try to immediately grab them again it just whiffs at point blank range with them staring at me like I'm some sort of doofus. I'm kind of glad to see it there because it seems to only exist to prevent chaining.

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
Speaking of grabbing though, I was slightly surprised to learn that there is a grab immunity period after a character is thrown. Even if my victim lands right next to me after a low percentage grab if I try to immediately grab them again it just whiffs at point blank range with them staring at me like I'm some sort of doofus. I'm kind of glad to see it there because it seems to only exist to prevent chaining.
They should have applied that after the second grab or something, it's so ******** you can't do even 2 consecutive grabs on low %s

Arle Nadja

Prodigy Sorceress & Girl Power Icon
NNID
ChaoticMarin
3DS FC
1547-5230-3937
They should have applied that after the second grab or something, it's so ******** you can't do even 2 consecutive grabs on low %s
Meh, chain throwing was always cheesy and frustrating; I won't miss it. It's better that dumb stuff like that was solved simply and effectively, even if we got used to it in Brawl and such. It's a shame that some characters can still chain normally, but oh well.

Kapus

Smash Ace
NNID
Kaplus4
3DS FC
3626-0411-0921
How do you guys feel about Peach's new Up-air? like visually, effectiveness, anything.
It's pretty, fast, and great at comboing and juggling. I adore it. It's much easier to hit with than her old one.

katastrophic

Smash Cadet
NNID
katastrophic
3DS FC
3308-4726-7643
It's a whole lot better than the old one for juggling, and on top of that it's just cool to look at. Rainbows > panty shot

Mikey Lenetia

Smash Champion
NNID
MikeyLenetia
I agree on the sentiment of rainbows over panty shots. I also just love the disjointedness of it, and how much of a relatively safe poke it is when used right. It's beauty AND grace!

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
I found out that D-tilt to fsmash is good for getting a good 20+ early.
On some characters like shiek, falco, Ganon and diddy you can dtilt, Nair grab, dthrow, bair. You get more damge off of that and can stay close to the opponent.

I agree on the sentiment of rainbows over panty shots.
This is why we can't be best friends.......

I just want to come on and say that ya'll on the Peach Boards are awesome. For years I have been playing characters like Samus, Yoshi, and Pikachu and never Peach. I decided to look into Peach this year and I found that you Peach mains on the Peach Boards are crazy....in a good way. lol In no other character board have I seen such passion for a character to succeed, or the amount of in-depth guides to help other Peach mains succeed. You guys are very proud that you play Peach and embrace her uniqueness and difficultly. Being a Peach main is like being in a cult and I think it's awesome, it's been fun competing with Peach in Melee and PM this past fall and summer I look to continue doing that, as well as possibly maining her Smash 4.

Thanks to all you Peach Mains and special thanks to Dark (Uncle) Pch for helping new Peach's much more than you ever thought you are.
Uncle Peach is here for the kids.

Speaking of you damm kids, thought I come by and say hi, see whats up. I been working at my new job I statred 2 weeks ago. Got paid well my first check and bought me the wii U + the game. Been in training mode for HOOOUUURS till the next morning. Woke up and playing now before heading to work. Just trying to crack this netural game down. Still hard as hell to figure out and get down. Next week I have 4 days off so you will see more of me around. Until then, keep practicing and don't let a lost get to you. Now is not the time for you to win. its the time to learn. To get ir right, you have to get it wrong first. remember that.

Last edited:

Awesomecakes

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Stef-Pie
3DS FC
3093-7191-2175
WAAAH HYPE. SO The Come Up is like the biggest Canadian tournament of the year, and its happening today and tomorrow. tbh its my first tournament, but I ****ing made it out of pools today. I will do my best to represent peach tomorrow in bracket. EMG will be streaming it, so who knows maybe you'll see me <3

Last edited:

Awesomecakes

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Stef-Pie
3DS FC
3093-7191-2175
Top 25 of 128??? NOT ****ING BAD for my first time. I'm lucky I didn't have any real killers in my bracket or pool. I actually think I got really lucky. I had a blast. I was so freaking nervous, tournament is way different from friendlies oh ****. Will definitely be going to more stuff in the future.

People were definitely not prepared for peach.

zephyrnereus

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1048-9153-4450
Imma throw a quick shoutout to my new buddy cakes here cause his peach is cool. also, floaty characters with item projectiles FTW.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
I just got home from my first smash 4 tournament on the wii U. I got 9th out of 47 I think I'm noto too happy how my set in losers went but nothing I can really do about it now. I felt I could have won the whole thing too..........

Oaty

Smash Cadet
Just played teams in Smash 4 for the first time. Got 2nd out of 12 teams. I have to say Sonic+Peach is an amazing team. It's really easy to play because you can just fall back and let sonic play the 2v1 which hes is godlike in and then start going in for the kill when they get around 90%-110% with Fair and Fsmash. You obviously have to cover sonic when things get too rough and definitely go for team combos, but overall I think it's super fun to play teams in this game. What do you guys think of Peach in Smash 4 teams?

Awesomecakes

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Stef-Pie
3DS FC
3093-7191-2175
@ zephyrnereus zephyrnereus lol thanks dude. I still dunno how you did that well with only 3DS practice. respect.

@ Dark.Pch Dark.Pch I just learned the importance of friendlies to stay warm, and how hard it is to execute everything properly under pressure. Its seriously different. I will be switching to funeral peach colours for mourning period for your tournament...

@ Oaty Oaty I'm not really well practiced in doubles, just friendlies. But Peach should be pretty good. She's traditionally been a very good partner in doubles. A quick rushdown character like sonic i think is a perfect compliment to her support capablities. Except sonic is like, already 20XX

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
@ zephyrnereus zephyrnereus lol thanks dude. I still dunno how you did that well with only 3DS practice. respect.

@ Dark.Pch Dark.Pch I just learned the importance of friendlies to stay warm, and how hard it is to execute everything properly under pressure. Its seriously different. I will be switching to funeral peach colours for mourning period for your tournament...

@ Oaty Oaty I'm not really well practiced in doubles, just friendlies. But Peach should be pretty good. She's traditionally been a very good partner in doubles. A quick rushdown character like sonic i think is a perfect compliment to her support capablities. Except sonic is like, already 20XX
Huh? I'm not sure what you are getting at.

Last edited:

Awesomecakes

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Stef-Pie
3DS FC
3093-7191-2175
@ Dark.Pch Dark.Pch oh just you said you weren't happy with how your set went. I took that to mean you were playing bad or made some mistakes somewhere. And for me, if i didn't get warmed up, I played bad. I wasn't used to having to execute all the things I had done in practice, all at the right moment. All the games I lost I felt I could have played better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom