• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Delawares Finest

Nick Nasty

Smash Journeyman
Depends on how I'm planning on getting there. I need to talk to Epic to see if he can take me/Tru= because I plan on bringing my setup and your car's too small. However, if Epic doesn't have room for my TV, Tru= and myself then I'll see.

UltimaScout

Smash Lord
Hrm...Well my car is a dodge Neon so its pretty close to the size of Tim's car.

I'm looking at some directions to the place and its about an hour drive.

So its going to at least be Nick and Tru= that are crashing at my house tonight right?
Depending on what my parents say, it may be El Komosutro too if that's ok

epic of DE

Smash Journeyman
Newark, DE (only a mile from University of Delawar
Hey man the rules for my house really is to not smoke in my house (go outside to do that) not drop a nuke in our bathroom then leave, or using foul language in front of my parents.

I don't have any problem with housing El-K all I really need to know is how many people are going to need to crash beforehand so I can prepare sleeping arrangements.

Also I'm going to need a victim to practice some 64 smash tonight since I'm tempted to try and 1$ mm either Sensei or Vanz so I need to practice a little.

Nick Nasty

Smash Journeyman
That's cool. If I may ask, could either one of you let me/Tru= catch a ride. If I can't bring my TV that's fine, but we need a ride to the actual venue itself. Please let me know asap.

epic of DE

Smash Journeyman
Newark, DE (only a mile from University of Delawar
Well how big of a tv are we talking here? my car can fit 4 comfortably and at the moment if hypothetically both of you will be going in my car then if it isn't a huge tv then its okay to have it in my car.

btw could you bring a setup since I don't have a cube? and whatever fighters you feel like playing either that night or at SPOC since I'm probably going to bring my 64 with smash and 4 controllers.

no venue fees are awesome.

Nick Nasty

Smash Journeyman
20 inch tops. I can bring my setup no prob. I'll also bring my HRAP2 if there's 3rd Strike, but I doubt I'll play that much while I'm at SPOC.

NoVaLombardia

Smash Journeyman
man this sucks... this is the first SPOC i won't be able to go to, and the one where i wish i hadn't been missing cuz everyone's going...

but i need to finish up some homework that im turning in late before grades get turned in or im ****ed...

god****it

Srules

Smash Apprentice
I would have liked to have been able to go to SPOC just to check it out, but why did they have to have it during finals week ? :(

Anyways, I wanted to wish the Delaware people good luck, and be sure to tell me how it goes when you get back.

Epic, if you want to smash or something on Thursday after 3, or Friday let me know.

Nick Nasty

Smash Journeyman
Thanks Srules. I did pretty bad as usual, but I don't regret my performance. That just motivates me to get better at Melee:) Oorah and Tope gave me compliments on my Marth. They liked it way more than my Fox lol. Speaking of Fox, it's gotten more consitent again so I'm happy. I just need to keep playing those guys for experience.

Thanks for teaming with me again Epic. You got gayed hardcore and I'm sorry that I couldn't save you most of the time. I'll get better at teams asap so that I'm not a burden to anyone...at least not as much. Good stuff to everyone that went. We'll be as good as those guys one day. I just hope it's before I graduate college:laugh:

D

Deleted member

that box of cards isnt in my bag do you think you can call epic to see if theyre there?

echos

Smash Journeyman
hey nick what software do you use to host tourneys to make like brackets and ****? i cant find any good ones

Nick Nasty

Smash Journeyman
It's TIO. There's a sticky in the tournament discussion thread on it, but AIB is having technical issues atm. Just google it or something.

Nick Nasty

Smash Journeyman
I already did mine. They should be the first one. Thanks for getting Ekom to go. I should have played him in friendlies.

NoVaLombardia

Smash Journeyman
Hey Tru=

Can you make a song track about 30 seconds long.

Theme, being one of those epic sounding tracks you would hear for a move trailer...

Do whatever you want with it so it fits to the theme, make it more digital or whatever... im gonna work on a cool little animated promo for the next wilmington tourney.

With the magic of camera, animation, and with your help, music and sound, it might attract numbers :p... and besides.... it'd be fun. If you need a little storyboard animatic to help you time out stuff let me know.

Foxxx17

Smash Cadet
you should make a animation with falcon walking into the mall and he sees marth sitting there and then this epic fight scene breaks out with tables being thrown at each other only to be falcon punched trough and then it ends with a knee to marth's face saying "1st State **** Fest"

it just came 2 me

NoVaLombardia

Smash Journeyman
im still thinking of doing Night of the Living Smash or something

1st state **** fest is catchy....

im getting my new wacom in a week and i could do a small little animation of the pacman on crack character with a zombie delaware coming back from the grave :p

If only i were getting a cyntiq :O, man i'm aiming to get one after im done school

hmmm, i do like that 1st song, however as a short clip i'm at a loss to try to figure out what parts to crop...

question, are you able to make ambience tracks and some sweeping or swooshing sound effects? I think that'd be the main thing i'm looking for.

D

Deleted member

im still thinking of doing Night of the Living Smash or something

1st state **** fest is catchy....

im getting my new wacom in a week and i could do a small little animation of the pacman on crack character with a zombie delaware coming back from the grave :p

If only i were getting a cyntiq :O, man i'm aiming to get one after im done school

hmmm, i do like that 1st song, however as a short clip i'm at a loss to try to figure out what parts to crop...

question, are you able to make ambience tracks and some sweeping or swooshing sound effects? I think that'd be the main thing i'm looking for.
yea

10zombie de's

i made wat u wanted nova but i forgot sweeps sry lol

NoVaLombardia

Smash Journeyman
cool cool where can i find it...

oh btw i took another look at your myspace, but the tracks changed this time.... is there a full list of stuff you have?

EDIT

now that heard zmun, i think the first ~24 seconds of that would be a good part to crop for the clip

D

Deleted member

cool cool where can i find it...

oh btw i took another look at your myspace, but the tracks changed this time.... is there a full list of stuff you have?

EDIT

now that heard zmun, i think the first ~24 seconds of that would be a good part to crop for the clip
yup yup thats the part i wanted u to hear

Foxxx17

Smash Cadet
what size wacom u getting nova? i got the 9x12 intous3 (can't remeber if thats the right size it might be 12x12) but i wasa lucky and bought it when the special edition was out so it's a black instead of the traditional grey

NoVaLombardia

Smash Journeyman
what size wacom u getting nova? i got the 9x12 intous3 (can't remeber if thats the right size it might be 12x12) but i wasa lucky and bought it when the special edition was out so it's a black instead of the traditional grey
getting a 6x11 intuos, it matches my screen. I know they make a 12x12, but i think, what is the point of that? there's no monitor or TV on earth that has a 1:1 aspect ratio. It's always 4:3 or 16:9 / 16:10, so im almost certain you have a 9x12.

i was thinking about a 9x12, but then i thought... if you're gonne spend that much anyway, might as well get the small cintiq

i'll probably invest in a cintiq after my 4th year, because i believe any school im looking to xfer to has plenty of cintiqs in their setup.

for my bday next year though im gonna see if i can milk my parents to get me this 800 dollar computer chair since my back is in real bad shape. I hear its like the best chair ever, and my professor told me about it once, and then my mom brought it up and said it was like 800 bucks and im like "yep i know that one". My professor makes a good point, the chair is where you're probably gonna spend most of your life in this business so invest in a good chair.

Oh yeah, my final for animation I is up on youtube if you're interested.... i'm missing a scene in there that i wanted to do but ran out of time... other than that though, im pretty satisfied with it, of course it could still use improvement, but next semester is when we get into the technical aspects of animation... this semester was just on exposure to different mediums

And yeah Tru=.... last time 8-bit fire was in place of that song, so i dunno whats up with that site.... i only see 6 songs at a time though... where is all of it? o_O

UltimaScout

Smash Lord
Top Bottom