• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Delawares Finest

Srules

Smash Apprentice
Hey fellow smashers of DE, ill try to organize something this weekend, but I'm not so sure about the location of Rodney dorms (laughs to self). I'm not sure if you have ever been to UD, but the freshman (raises hand) all get small *** dorms to live in. Ill figure something out though. Next year ill be in the towers most likely though, and that will have plenty of room for smash.

How many people would be willing to come to UD?

Cobalt

Smash Journeyman
Anyone going to a GameStop Brawl tourney on the eighth? I'm going to the one by...I think it's Maryland Avenue, the shopping center with the McD's. Sign-ups start at 9:30 PM, and the first 32 people get to join in. Then they're having their midnight release afterwards.

NoVaLombardia

Smash Journeyman
i wish i could find someone with a japanese version so i can practice, but yeah ill try

the rules suck, but oh well, im gonna try to Ike it up

I'd be willing to go down to UD.
Rodney dorms are on main street too right? I think i've been inside there, its pretty small and freaking too hot in the spring and summer

BrimeZ

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheBrimeZ
3DS FC
5284-1495-9667
Hey fellow smashers of DE, ill try to organize something this weekend, but I'm not so sure about the location of Rodney dorms (laughs to self). I'm not sure if you have ever been to UD, but the freshman (raises hand) all get small *** dorms to live in. Ill figure something out though. Next year ill be in the towers most likely though, and that will have plenty of room for smash.

How many people would be willing to come to UD?
I am, I live right across the street from the dorms and around the corner of Main Street.

I'll be able to come during anytime

hmmmm more players huh.

>u> excellent

yea mirage and fluers live up by ud,theyre cool dudes and very very good too!!!
I'm glad that there more Smashers that live near me that I can hopefully practice with.

Fluers told me that he's going to continue his Smashfest when Brawl comes out.

Anyone going to a GameStop Brawl tourney on the eighth? I'm going to the one by...I think it's Maryland Avenue, the shopping center with the McD's. Sign-ups start at 9:30 PM, and the first 32 people get to join in. Then they're having their midnight release afterwards.
I am, and I plan on wining

i wish i could find someone with a japanese version so i can practice, but yeah ill try

the rules suck, but oh well, im gonna try to Ike it up

I'd be willing to go down to UD.
Rodney dorms are on main street too right? I think i've been inside there, its pretty small and freaking too hot in the spring and summer

Yeah, the rulez suck ballz. I hope Ike goes well for you, I hear Azen is a beast with him. But I will always be maining Link, even if he's worse than he was in Melee.

Cobalt

Smash Journeyman
So here's how my morning went.

9:30 AM. Phone rings.

"Hello?"
"Hey, this Cobalt? It's SmashBrudda. Come to UD for a smashfest in half an hour? Rodney dorms."
"If my parents will let me. I'll find out."
"K later."

I go downstairs.

"Mom, can you take me to UD for a Super Smash Bros. party?"
"No, I have to take your brother to baseball in two hours."
"..."

After she leaves to go to the doctor...

"Dad, can you take me to UD for a Smash Bros. party?"
"Where?"
"Rodney dorms."
"No idea where that is."
"I do. I'll give you the directions."
"Who's going to be there?"
"I don't know."
"Where'd you hear about it?"
"Internet."
"Then no. Not if you're going alone."
"..."

So apparently, if I hear about anything involving real life from the Internet, I'm automatically forbidden from going. Because Internet predators are scary.

As posted elsewhere, in a guide about not being a noob at Melee...

"If you absolutely cannot get a ride to face other people, then face it. YOU WILL NOT BE GOOD AT THIS GAME."

Guess I might as well just give up and rely on Brawl Wi-Fi...*sigh*

NoVaLombardia

Smash Journeyman
Good matches there at Rodney btw, nice falcon

Not to be a john though, but i had to get used to the slight lag on that TV :)

I look forward to seeing you at march 15th, if enough people come, i might turn it into a small tourney with like a 3$ entry or something dumb

And man Cobalt, that sucks so much ><
Sorry you can't get around that stuff >.>

NoVaLombardia

Smash Journeyman
Epic, i wanna watch some of the videos you recorded during that stay
Also, PM me your AIM name again, (somehow i lost it)

welllllllllllllllllll me and xell will be smashing w/you guys soon,and maybe a few more of our members as well =0
Any chance on march 15?

epic of DE

Smash Journeyman
Newark, DE (only a mile from University of Delawar
heh, well your marth isn't anything to sneeze at either Nova. We'll have to do another falco ditto sometime, but as to the recorded matches you'll need to ask Srules about that. (his IM is "zsrulesz)
and I look forward to playing tru= sometime and see what happens after the fight.

Nick Nasty

Smash Journeyman
Sorry that I couldn't attend the Smashfest at UD last Saturday, but I had to host my B-day party. As Tru= stated earlier, we'll play with you guys sometime soon. Right now I'm tryin to get ready for Brawl so that I will be as prepared as possible for the midnight release tourney being held at GameStop. If anyone's going to be doing anything next weekend just PM either me or Tru= as early as possible so I can try to adjust my schedule accordingly.

BrimeZ

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheBrimeZ
3DS FC
5284-1495-9667
I can't wait to see the videos. My techincal skill wasn't on point that day due to guys amazing mindset.

Tipping, you and Byah are awsome. I never played such an amazing Falcon and, first time I was ever ***** by one,. I usually only get ***** by floaty characters like Samus, Jiggs and Peach. I never played such as good Falcon or Falco. I'll put you in the top 3 people I've played. And thanx for a the food and drinks Byah.

Sorry I had to bring the kids along, I know they were annoying you guys as hell. I know Epic was doing everything in his power to restrain himself from killing Andrew, the person in the world who's game ********. I'm depressed everytime the kid comes over my house.

Xell, I really wish you guys could have made it. We could have actually recorded a crew battle this time. We should all just meet up at Nova house the 15. He'll have a total of 4 TV's including one of mines.

BrimeZ

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheBrimeZ
3DS FC
5284-1495-9667
So here's how my morning went.

9:30 AM. Phone rings.

"Hello?"
"Hey, this Cobalt? It's SmashBrudda. Come to UD for a smashfest in half an hour? Rodney dorms."
"If my parents will let me. I'll find out."
"K later."

I go downstairs.

"Mom, can you take me to UD for a Super Smash Bros. party?"
"No, I have to take your brother to baseball in two hours."
"..."

After she leaves to go to the doctor...

"Dad, can you take me to UD for a Smash Bros. party?"
"Where?"
"Rodney dorms."
"No idea where that is."
"I do. I'll give you the directions."
"Who's going to be there?"
"I don't know."
"Where'd you hear about it?"
"Internet."
"Then no. Not if you're going alone."
"..."

So apparently, if I hear about anything involving real life from the Internet, I'm automatically forbidden from going. Because Internet predators are scary.

As posted elsewhere, in a guide about not being a noob at Melee...

"If you absolutely cannot get a ride to face other people, then face it. YOU WILL NOT BE GOOD AT THIS GAME."

Guess I might as well just give up and rely on Brawl Wi-Fi...*sigh*
Well you can always go with a friend or something. My parents are the same way kinda. First they say I can't go to Smashfest by I hold my own, now they say I go but I can't always hold my Smashfest. Aslong as it's not both, I'm okay.

There little kids at Smashfest sometimes. And the only way to find out about tournaments or Smashfest are through the internet.

Oops, didn't mean to double post.

NoVaLombardia

Smash Journeyman
wait, you have japanese brawl? All i can do is study... not train ><

the only strategy i can use right now is try to win the first round at my local gamestop (thank god there are like no good smashers in this area), and then practice non-stop after release.

Nick Nasty

Smash Journeyman
wait, you have japanese brawl? All i can do is study... not train ><

the only strategy i can use right now is try to win the first round at my local gamestop (thank god there are like no good smashers in this area), and then practice non-stop after release.
If there are no good smashers in your area then you already have an advantage. Just be cautious, don't underestimate the people you're playing and watch out for items:laugh:

epic of DE

Smash Journeyman
Newark, DE (only a mile from University of Delawar
What?!? Training for Brawl already? :mad: This is perhaps going to be a game where pro's exist before the game is actually released...
Oh and don't worry about that..."kid" on saturday after a while I learned to ignore him. Pretty good fights though, I'll see what Byah is doing and if he'll be willing to edit the vids sometime this week.
(shame we didn't record the match where I 4-stocked Bugz's Fox on FD :laugh:)

BrimeZ

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheBrimeZ
3DS FC
5284-1495-9667
Look forward to the Tri-weeklies if you can make it happen Tru. I'll try to do whatever I can to help if you need me to. Will it be at your house or some "nuetral location"?

Should we all get together tommorow for a last Melee fest in DE? It will be the perfect way to wait for Brawl, and for me, it will be a good bye for Melee. It would be depressing for me to play Melee when Brawls out, I'm starting lose interest in Melee already. One more fawkin day to go.

NoVaLombardia

Smash Journeyman
psh, my fest on the 15th seems to be 3 melee 1 brawl, unless someone else wants to bring a wii and a brawl copy (one of my friends has one setup of that)

hmm as for tomorrow? I dunno, i gotta make that tournament too, but sure why not, maybe before hand.
Besides, looks like Scar's keeping Melee as the prime for competitive play at his tournaments, which i don't mind one bit :)
I'm gonna try to go to that one on the 22nd

EDIT: and street address coming soon, too, check your PMs this weekend

NoVaLombardia

Smash Journeyman
Double post, but offtopic

I don't know anything about recording.

All i have is a VHS player, and unless a ps2 can serve as a DVD-Recorder, i have no idea how i'm gonna record stuff

NoVaLombardia

Smash Journeyman
Well it HAS to be that weekend.... only other day could be sunday or monday

but wait, the gamestop matches seem to only start no earlier than 9 PM...

So, couldn't it be possible to end at 7 or 8 pm? that leaves 8 or 9 hours, which seems to be like plenty of time imo

(of course this is purely speculation if we get past the first round)

NoVaLombardia

Smash Journeyman
okay then, no change :)

Christiana Mall from here is like 20-25 min TOPS drive, and at that hour it shouldn't be backed up in traffic

NoVaLombardia

Smash Journeyman
Well anyway, i got to the finals in my Gamestop, and met Ultimascout there too (very unexpected).

I swear, this had to be the gayest Gamestop ever.

It was freezing outside, and they wouldn't even let us stand inside while they set up.
They made us use the nun-chuk. We didn't even get to use the Wii controller that resembled the Gamecube one.

And the worst part was...

RANDOM CHARACTERS. We we're PRESET with RANDOM ****ing CHARACTERS in the default tournament mode. How gay is that?

Anyway, i lost in the finals with Bowzer.

GG

At least now i don't have to worry about kicking everyone out early at my fest :p

I did pretty well considering i've never once held a Wii-mote

Cobalt

Smash Journeyman
Haha. I went to the GameStop in First State Plaza for the tourney with my brothers. We only had one copy on reserve so only one of us could participate, so I let one of my brothers play. He won the whole thing as Fox. Then afterward, the GameStop guys were cool and let us all play until midnight, so he played a couple more matches and won, then came up against me. I won. First time ever playing Brawl, first match ever, and I beat his Fox with my Ike.

It was funny :D

Anyway, I now have Brawl, and I'll be finishing SSE tomorrow. Got a good third of the way through tonight, but my brothers both fell asleep so now it's sort of boring. I'll finish it later.

Nick Nasty

Smash Journeyman
Well, I got eliminated from the tourney pretty quickly, but I got to be the first one to play and got the first copy of Brawl which is a win in my book:laugh: Also, I will be able to attend Nova's mini-biweekly.

NoVaLombardia

Smash Journeyman
not a bi-weekly :p

just a one time thing
Although now that i think about it... if this goes pretty well, maybe i'll start hosting smashfests / tourneys in more neutral locations.

Tru, wth did you get banned for at the mall? lol

BrimeZ

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheBrimeZ
3DS FC
5284-1495-9667
Well anyway, i got to the finals in my Gamestop, and met Ultimascout there too (very unexpected).

I swear, this had to be the gayest Gamestop ever.

It was freezing outside, and they wouldn't even let us stand inside while they set up.
They made us use the nun-chuk. We didn't even get to use the Wii controller that resembled the Gamecube one.

And the worst part was...

RANDOM CHARACTERS. We we're PRESET with RANDOM ****ing CHARACTERS in the default tournament mode. How gay is that?

Anyway, i lost in the finals with Bowzer.

GG

At least now i don't have to worry about kicking everyone out early at my fest :p

I did pretty well considering i've never once held a Wii-mote
We got to pick our character. I ended up losing to my brother in a sudden death in the second round. He killed me with a final smash in the last 2 seconds on a tournament banned stage in Melee with me have like 30 something percent.. So killing him was hard in in Sudden death even though I got the most hits. Srules ended up winning the tournament. We still had to wait outside, while watching the workers play Brawl, it was cold as **** and I'm african, I almost died from the cold. But at least we were in front.

Haha. I went to the GameStop in First State Plaza for the tourney with my brothers. We only had one copy on reserve so only one of us could participate, so I let one of my brothers play. He won the whole thing as Fox. Then afterward, the GameStop guys were cool and let us all play until midnight, so he played a couple more matches and won, then came up against me. I won. First time ever playing Brawl, first match ever, and I beat his Fox with my Ike.

It was funny :D

Anyway, I now have Brawl, and I'll be finishing SSE tomorrow. Got a good third of the way through tonight, but my brothers both fell asleep so now it's sort of boring. I'll finish it later.
I wish my gamestop was like yours

Well, I got eliminated from the tourney pretty quickly, but I got to be the first one to play and got the first copy of Brawl which is a win in my book:laugh: Also, I will be able to attend Nova's mini-biweekly.
not a bi-weekly :p

just a one time thing
Although now that i think about it... if this goes pretty well, maybe i'll start hosting smashfests / tourneys in more neutral locations.

Tru, wth did you get banned for at the mall? lol
That's a good question. That stuff only happens in middle school

exo5

Smash Rookie
Pike Creek here!

Link Main!

Not sure if I like the played out "Delawares Finest" title. Sounds too yo-boy.

Im sure something along the lines of Delaware Brawlers Leauge would sound much more coordinated and organized.

NoVaLombardia

Smash Journeyman
i think he just named it out of the blue quickly...

besides, its to the point and not too fancy, imo

Now if that title was Delaware SMASHERS league... then you could have DSL

c wat i did thar?

Top Bottom