• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Delawares Finest

Cobalt

Smash Journeyman
Wait, there's a tournament on Friday? Something I already know about or not? I'd like to see if I could go.

Cobalt

Smash Journeyman
Okay, yeah, I knew about the monthlies, that's why I was surprised when I heard someone mention Friday. Alas, I won't be able to go, have an academic quiz bowl to attend. I'm booked every weekend through February :(

NoVaLombardia

Smash Journeyman
yeah i might not be able to make it either, nobody is calling me back to switch work days with me ><

when do you think we can get another mini-smashfest in DE somewhere.

if its in Dover i don't mind at all

BrimeZ

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheBrimeZ
3DS FC
5284-1495-9667
yeah i might not be able to make it either, nobody is calling me back to switch work days with me ><

when do you think we can get another mini-smashfest in DE somewhere.

if its in Dover i don't mind at all
Mostlikey the week after next at my crib, and I'm also going to try and invite people from the philly area. Since nobody out of state isn't interested in the tournament I was trying to host, it's not going to happen anytime soon, and I just have to get my name out there more so people will want to come. Also, if there's anybody going to the tournament in philly, can they give me and my bro a ride incase my folks can't take us.

NoVaLombardia

Smash Journeyman
i can probably host a mini-smash fest at my house in the middle of march, but i need interest.

by that time brawl will be out i guess, *sniff* bye melee :<

but yeah i can clear some space if y'all would bring a couple setups and i could leave 1 setup for melee? (i don't plan on having a wii anytime soon ><)

BrimeZ

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheBrimeZ
3DS FC
5284-1495-9667
if you had a tourny i could prob get like....7 or 8 smashers to come given some time of course
It could get the venue and stuff for the tournament but what would be the point if only 15 come. So instead I'll try to gradually host bigger and bigger Smashfest at my crib. Also, I tried contacting you last saturday to see if you were going to the tourney in philly cuz I need a ride.

i can probably host a mini-smash fest at my house in the middle of march, but i need interest.

by that time brawl will be out i guess, *sniff* bye melee :<

but yeah i can clear some space if y'all would bring a couple setups and i could leave 1 setup for melee? (i don't plan on having a wii anytime soon ><)
March?That's like, carry the two, devide by pie, multiply by Advagardo's constant, about a month away. Like I said, I think we shoudl all get together at my crib next saturday or sunday or some other time. It doesn't matter much to me when you guys want to get together at my crib because I want to work with ya'll schedulez. The only hard part is convincing my parents because they dislike anything that has to do with me and videogames.

But anyway, I would come but if you're have more than enough time to plan it, you should make it a big Smash fest if you have enough space and I could supply some set ups.

And for Melee, I'll still play it once Brawl is out but the way Sakurai intended it to be including items.

NoVaLombardia

Smash Journeyman
i don't want it to be too big, but my friends + you and possibly nick tru and the other guy again would be a decent size

it's always good to plan early :)

Cobalt

Smash Journeyman
Man, I'm such a ghost in this thread :p

But seriously, I'd like to meet up with you guys sometime, unfortunately my Saturdays are booked through the 23rd. But I'm good for Sundays. And what about President's Day Monday?

BrimeZ

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheBrimeZ
3DS FC
5284-1495-9667
i don't want it to be too big, but my friends + you and possibly nick tru and the other guy again would be a decent size

it's always good to plan early :)
I guess it's always good to play early. Also, do you have any cats or dogs cuz I have extremely bad alergies with those kind of pets. If so, I can still come, I'll just have to drug up on tylonol or something.

Man, I'm such a ghost in this thread :p

But seriously, I'd like to meet up with you guys sometime, unfortunately my Saturdays are booked through the 23rd. But I'm good for Sundays. And what about President's Day Monday?
We can meet up whenever the best time for you.

Nick Nasty

Smash Journeyman
EDIT:and trust me nova im positive melee will still be played all the same,especially by me and xell
You can say that again lol. I've put FAR TOO much time into this game, and I have no intention of stopping just because Brawl's coming out soon.

Cobalt

Smash Journeyman
so ya'll think ya might be interested for marth 14th weekend?

name a day on that weekend (fri-sun) and ill PM you
A little bit obsessed with Smash there? Anyway, Saturday would probably work best for me. Unless something else comes up...which I doubt it will.

BrimeZ

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheBrimeZ
3DS FC
5284-1495-9667
yeah i wanna meet cobalt too, so gimmie a heads up :)

as for the pets, 3 cats, 2 of which will hide upstairs.
I'm still kinda having second thoughts about going because I have really BAD allergires. So either I'll be spazzed out on medicine or sneezing blood out my nose.

ill prolly end up seeing him first since hes so excrutiatingly close haha

EDIT:and trust me nova im positive melee will still be played all the same,especially by me and xell

You can say that again lol. I've put FAR TOO much time into this game, and I have no intention of stopping just because Brawl's coming out soon.
I can kinda feel you guys on that. I love Melee do death but I'm not as serious as I say or want to be about the game. I gotten decently better since last time but I've been playing off and on though. I was half as technical or knowledgable as you guys( You guys showed me how much technicality matters), I would be saying the same thing, but I'm ready for a new game. I've been waiting for years. And this time I plan on getting really technical. My little brother will mostlikely still not care about being technical in the slightest in Brawl.

But I will stay Melee, but I won't care as much for being good at it once I get Brawl.

so ya'll think ya might be interested for marth 14th weekend?

name a day on that weekend (fri-sun) and ill PM you
I think saturday will work better for me. I think I might be doing something that Friday

A little bit obsessed with Smash there? Anyway, Saturday would probably work best for me. Unless something else comes up...which I doubt it will.
Hahahahahaahahahhahahaha

Nova plays a pretty amazing Marth by the way.

Anyway, are you guys interested in another fest this weekend? I think Monday is memorail day or something so I could hold a fest Saturday,Sunday or Monday.

Cobalt

Smash Journeyman
Okay, so here's some intriguing news.

My brother's in the AFJROTC at one of the local schools, and they're going to be having a gaming tournament at a newly-opened Play'N'Trade around my area. One of the games: SSB. Whether it's Melee or Brawl I don't know yet, and I don't know anything pertaining to time. Once I get more info, I'll tell you.

However, I do know that it will be $10 to get in, and that first prize wins an iPod or something.

I'll keep you guys posted with more info as I get it. Hopefully this goes down as planned.

Now of course, I have no idea if this tournament will actually follow competitive guidelines. For all I know it could be a 5-stock FFA, random stage with all items on Normal. Like I said, I'll keep you guys updated.

NoVaLombardia

Smash Journeyman
so, tru and nick nasty, i forget the other dude's name (sorry >.>), saturday march 15th sound good? maybe you could round up some other dover people if they are interested?

if my friends come (4), plus tru, nick, ill call him theguy, cobalt (4), and if ace decides to definitely come (and if he brings joksta [2]), thatd be 10 minimum coming, including me thats 11.

NoVaLombardia

Smash Journeyman
Okay, so here's some intriguing news.

My brother's in the AFJROTC at one of the local schools, and they're going to be having a gaming tournament at a newly-opened Play'N'Trade around my area. One of the games: SSB. Whether it's Melee or Brawl I don't know yet, and I don't know anything pertaining to time. Once I get more info, I'll tell you.

However, I do know that it will be $10 to get in, and that first prize wins an iPod or something.

I'll keep you guys posted with more info as I get it. Hopefully this goes down as planned.

Now of course, I have no idea if this tournament will actually follow competitive guidelines. For all I know it could be a 5-stock FFA, random stage with all items on Normal. Like I said, I'll keep you guys updated.
oo that sounds interesting. see if you can get a hold on the date?

NoVaLombardia

Smash Journeyman
hey, check it out, its the other thread...

BTW cobalt, if you need a neutral location, keep us posted on that tournament you found out about :)

Cobalt

Smash Journeyman
Speaking of which...

Okay, so I gleaned a bit more information about the date and venue. The tourney itself will be far into the future, looking probably at May/June. So don't worry about it too much for now.

Also, about the actual store. It's really small, according to my family (who visited and purchased a game there today), but has eight available TVs for setups. Now keep in mind, this tourney also has to accommodate DDR and Guitar Hero, possibly other games too, so I don't know how they're going to do it. Chances are they'll have one TV for DDR (since that's really all you need), unless they purchase an actual cabinet for use. They'll have to find somewhere to put it, though. Then I expect three TVs each for Smash and Guitar Hero.

The tournament will thus end up being fairly small, only accommodating 20 or so players total across all games, methinks. Now of course, any of this is subject to change, so if I find out anything else, I'll keep you all updated. And of course, there's always the chance my family was exaggerating how small the store actually is, and it could fit many more people. We'll see.

NoVaLombardia

Smash Journeyman
hmmm DDR ang GH too? **** i need to warm up in GH, been awhile

TTFAF 92% is probably too low to compete :p

and screw DDR now, i lost all my stamina

Cobalt

Smash Journeyman
Nothing of note, except that maybe my family got a couple things confused and some of the info could be different from what they've told me.

I'll be going as soon as I can to verify.

NoVaLombardia

Smash Journeyman
nice, im looking forward to it ^^

any updates by anyone else as well?
(Tru's tourney, if you can make it to march 15th, etc)

NoVaLombardia

Smash Journeyman
at mah house foo.

Wilmington, right next to Newark. After i get a confirmation on everyone who's coming, ill PM an exact address.

epic of DE

Smash Journeyman
Newark, DE (only a mile from University of Delawar
a Delaware crew?!? *breaths a sigh of relief*
For a while I thought nobody in DE played smash besides myself and my friend (Srules on smashboards)
We'd like to be able to play you guys sometime, since we don't recieve much competition at the dorms of University of Delaware.

BrimeZ

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheBrimeZ
3DS FC
5284-1495-9667
More DE Smashers! I believe I talked to the new guy yesterday. We should celebrate by having another Melee Smashfest before Nova's. I would have it my house but I would be able to right after Brawls release, so can we get together at someoby elses crib. I wish all you guys couldn't came last time, Nova helped fix the HD lag.

Also Epic, do you know of a place we could get togehter at DE. It's pretty easy for me to go anywhere at anytime aslong as it's in Newark.

Top Bottom