• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Defend the Title - Little Mac Main Social Thread

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
The Kutthroats have set out to draw their character thanking Iwata for all he has done.

We invite you to do the same.

Paper Maribro

Smash Ace
So since introducing myself in this thread I have entered two tourneys solo Mac-ing it, placing 9th/44 and 7th/55. Pleased with my wins, disappointed with my losses. In the first of the two tourneys, beat a PR Ness/Lucas on stream in a really good set. Played better than I ever have in a tourney and am really pleased with that set. Went down 2-1 to my training partner (also a PR player) using Ike. Played well to win game 1 but game 3 was shocking. He stole my job twice without me noticing before I plummeted to my death. Faced a Ryu in losers (my first time playing against Ryu). Took some getting used to in game 1 which I lost, 2 stocked him in game 2 before making a terrible decision in game 3. I used side-b slightly too close to the ledge, killing him and myself in the process. An incredibly intense stock followed. A whiffed up b from myself sealing my fate. Frustrated I lost in the way I did considering I had beaten a PR player.

In the second tourney, started off by beating a Falcon and then a Mario who made honourable mentions on the PR (like myself). Unfortunately, the win wasn't entirely convincing as he SD'd twice. Next up was #2 on our PR, another Mario. Was getting my *** handed to me before landing a KO punch by super armouring through his FSmash. Kept the lead in this match until the end when I used neutral b to armour through fireballs. Was hoping to surprise him but he just jumped away and then me being an idiot just kept charging and obviously ate a healthy punish. Beat a Falcon/Ness in losers who took someone out who is on our PR. Was pleased with this win. Proceeded to play a Rosa in losers and made a series of silly mistakes and got super frustrated and played terribly, losing. Very disappointed with this loss as he is someone I have beaten before.

ZeroSnipist

Smash Apprentice
Hey Lil Mac players! We from the Ryu boards are making a doubles thread. The purpose of the thread is to find the best partner for Ryu. I'm going to invite as many people I can at once and get discussions going on all at once. We invite you to our dojo and hope you could help us discuss Little Mac and Ryu in doubles. Thank you in advance!

Foxy Alopex

Smash Ace
NNID
Foxy_Alopex
Besides my mains I sometimes use Little Mac and I got to say he is very quick on the ground and fun to use but he is very terrible in the air I guess his strength on the ground makes up for it. Since I only use Little Mac to have fun these two items are very helpful in recovering back to the stage plus he looks kind of cute wearing them.

bunny_and_tanooki_mac_by_iziziza-d88ymfo.jpg

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Besides my mains I sometimes use Little Mac and I got to say he is very quick on the ground and fun to use but he is very terrible in the air I guess his strength on the ground makes up for it. Since I only use Little Mac to have fun these two items are very helpful in recovering back to the stage plus he looks kind of cute wearing them.

View attachment 62209
I prefer he wears the Rocket Belt instead. Having the Bunny Hood and Tanooki Tail on makes him look like a fairy. ._.

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
I prefer he wears the Rocket Belt instead. Having the Bunny Hood and Tanooki Tail on makes him look like a fairy. ._.
Nope, makes him look like playgirl bunny
But the ladies loves that

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Daaaaammmn!
That would have to be the most satisfying K.O. Uppercut ever. Was that Ness user a spammer?
Same old stuff with Ness but was mostly reaching with the PK Thunders everytime.

So I countered in all matches I was in with him when when for PKT2. Best way to mess with a Ness, when they go for PK Fire, use Jolt Haymaker and watch them squirm

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037

LCC Son-in-Law

Dork-in-Law
NNID
I'll add you
3DS FC
0989-1853-2327
As you can see from this:

https://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/comments/3ebqb6/due_to_his_reputation_im_determined_to_learn_to/

...I want to learn Mac. I don't care how bad a rep he has..! And after trying the rest of the roster (and failing), I've got nothing to lose, eh? :)
I love when people are determined to play their character, despite all else. I've come to terms with the fact that maining Little Mac will hold me back in the long run, but I enjoy the character far too much to stop playing him.

Last edited:

Zodiacx10

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Zodiacx10
i didn't think this needed its own thread so i guess ill post it here.

i've been doing a bit of research on how our friend little mac is doing in online 4 player free for all with items.
now you would think that you would see just dash attack, dash attack, side b, smash, smash, smash...that's not entirely true.
most mac's ive been seeing on the replay channel have been so patient to the point where they never approach at all and kinda just stay away from the action until someone comes to them. also they are really really bad at recovering with him even without someone trying to gimp them. it is kinda true that they only use his smashes but they don't really play aggro at all from what i've seen.

so it seems little mac may not be as good in ffa as we thought.

idk

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
i didn't think this needed its own thread so i guess ill post it here.

i've been doing a bit of research on how our friend little mac is doing in online 4 player free for all with items.
now you would think that you would see just dash attack, dash attack, side b, smash, smash, smash...that's not entirely true.
most mac's ive been seeing on the replay channel have been so patient to the point where they never approach at all and kinda just stay away from the action until someone comes to them. also they are really really bad at recovering with him even without someone trying to gimp them. it is kinda true that they only use his smashes but they don't really play aggro at all from what i've seen.

so it seems little mac may not be as good in ffa as we thought.

idk
I rarely see any Little Macs not doing **** during free for all matches. I've seen some who did nothing but abuse dash and smash attacks the whole match. I do agree they're not as aggressive as the ones you see in 1-on-1 For Glory.

Zodiacx10

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Zodiacx10
I rarely see any Little Macs not doing **** during free for all matches. I've seen some who did nothing but abuse dash and smash attacks the whole match. I do agree they're not as aggressive as the ones you see in 1-on-1 For Glory.
i watched like 20 replays today so idk...i would need to watch more. they still only use smashes basically lol

MDAVE

The Flying Dutchman
NNID
GoldDiaruga
3DS FC
1048-8967-3255
Wow, would it have been possible that both threw the KO punch at almost the exact same time so that you were only hit by your opponent's windbox?
Actually, that's exactly the case here! Good thing the K.O. Punch's windbox frame starts before the knockback frame, made for a pretty hilarious effect.
Even my mom who happened to be in the room laughed at it.

inconspikuous

Smash Journeyman
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aBB57_FwGmw

I was thinking about mac as a secondary, as hes so much fun. Ive won a fair amount of matches aswell with him. Opinions?
solid fundamentals. i'm not usually impressed by people who want to use mac as a secondary because i think he needs more dedication than that, but your mac generally used effective, safe options to cover the opponent's options, spaced well, and punished properly. cheers, man.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
I always thought of an interesting alternate costume for Mac

Take his Hoodie costume but take away the sweatpants and open up his jacket with his boxing shorts.

And all the alternate colors are based on New York sports teams. Imagine Mac in Yankee pinstripes

KevN くコ:彡

Smash Journeyman
Of course thing I try with the new Youtube option and I run into one of the things I hate about FG, early quitters.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Of course thing I try with the new Youtube option and I run into one of the things I hate about FG, early quitters.

The salt must've been real on that one.

Otherwise, that person never would've run back to his momma. lol

Using that new YouTube uploader thing, I might post some of my own Mac moments in here.

Last edited:

jet56

Smash Journeyman
hmm, well its time to start. and customs are enabled.

nothing against customs, but you can have item customs, which can be a problem.

edit: didnt mean to double post.

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom