• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Defend the Title - Little Mac Main Social Thread

Volga

Juggling Veteran
NNID
Saltytitan
3DS FC
0533-7336-5044
Learn to Foxtrot, it is easy to learn, and its a good subsititute for rolling, it doesn't give you invincibility, but it does get you out of stuff faster.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=azRrqKUJ-5o this will give you the visual teaching tool to learn how to use it. don't worry too much about the dash dancing part until you are ready to practice it, the foxtrot will take you like 30 seconds to master. glad to see more mac players here. :D
Oh so that's what its called? I found out how to do foxtrotting by chance but i didn't think there was a legit term for it XD as for the dash dancing bit,I'll wait on that,as i'm trying to get pivots down,and every time i go for the dance,i'm sliding.

LCC Son-in-Law

Dork-in-Law
NNID
I'll add you
3DS FC
0989-1853-2327
I figure I could share this one here. It's my first Little Mac matchup I had since coming back from surgery. Nothing real special about this but I figure I could use this as a reminder that I'll make a full recovery soon.

Good to have you back Tino :) I hope you heal up well and soon!

Whats up everyone! new to this side of the forums. i can currently only play 3ds Smash,but i'm saving for dat wii u smash as well. Little Mac was one of the first guys i picked up when i played this game,and he stuck to me like glue.(with some Ganon mixed in as well!) I hope i learn some new tricks of the trade here!

also,is there a method to get me to roll less? I'm doing less rolling as i did when i started,but i feel like i'm doing it too much for my liking.
Welcome to the Mac Boards Spicy! Glad to have you with us :) Similar to you, Little mac was the third character I tried when the game came out, and the only character to feel completely right to me in a smash game. He is absolutly fun for me to play. I hope we can help you to improve in any way!
As far as rolling less goes... As Jet said, Foxtrotting is a great option! I also like to use Trot Dancing. Every now and then I get into the bad habit of rolling or spot dodging too much. One thing I started doing to combat that was to play a few matches and focus on not using my shield button at all (I don't allow my finger to even rest on the R button while doing this). If I was in danger, I either run away, re-position myself by walking, try to pivot an attack, fox trot, etc. Something along those lines. It tends to help me be more aware of my options as well. Idk if it will help you at all, but just a suggestion :)

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Good to have you back Tino :) I hope you heal up well and soon!
Thank you, KP. It feels good to be back. :)
Whats up everyone! new to this side of the forums. i can currently only play 3ds Smash,but i'm saving for dat wii u smash as well. Little Mac was one of the first guys i picked up when i played this game,and he stuck to me like glue.(with some Ganon mixed in as well!) I hope i learn some new tricks of the trade here!

also,is there a method to get me to roll less? I'm doing less rolling as i did when i started,but i feel like i'm doing it too much for my liking.
Welcome to the Mac forums, my man. Like you, Little Mac was one of those characters I picked up and grew attached to since. He once started off as one of my secondary mains but when I found myself playing as him just as much as I play as Rosalina and Mega Man, he officially became one of my mains in the game. I also throw in some Rosalina and Mega Man, of course, along with some Falco and Lucina action as well (with Rosalina being my true main).

LCC Son-in-Law

Dork-in-Law
NNID
I'll add you
3DS FC
0989-1853-2327
Thank you, KP. It feels good to be back. :)

Welcome to the Mac forums, my man. Like you, Little Mac was one of those characters I picked up and grew attached to since. He once started off as one of my secondary mains but when I found myself playing as him just as much as I play as Rosalina and Mega Man, he officially became one of my mains in the game. I also throw in some Rosalina and Mega Man, of course, along with some Falco and Lucina action as well (with Rosalina being my true main).
Sorry to waste a post on this, but please, Call me Son-in-Law or Son or Law or whatever you want xD. Just, KP is the tag of my crew :x. Not sure if I should be referred to as such or not, haha.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Sorry to waste a post on this, but please, Call me Son-in-Law or Son or Law or whatever you want xD. Just, KP is the tag of my crew :x. Not sure if I should be referred to as such or not, haha.
Fine we'll just call you SiL

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
How about if I called you just "Son"?

jet56

Smash Journeyman
Oh so that's what its called? I found out how to do foxtrotting by chance but i didn't think there was a legit term for it XD as for the dash dancing bit,I'll wait on that,as i'm trying to get pivots down,and every time i go for the dance,i'm sliding.
it takes time, but you'll get it. yeah just foxtrot to move around, and if you just use your tilts for pressure, you will roll less often. foxtrot is like your stepping stone to all the other goodies for little mac.

foxtrot>perfect pivot
foxtrot>dash dancing>foxtrot>p pivot
dash dancing>p pivot
foxtrot>dash n smash(or stutterstep smash)
foxtrot>OMG i could go on and on!:grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin:
k, but yeah, just start there. baby steps.

Volga

Juggling Veteran
NNID
Saltytitan
3DS FC
0533-7336-5044
i'm starting to pull off pivots more if i head left first. I slide more often than not if i head right first.pulling them off in matches however,is another story haha.

funny story about one of my matches actually. there was 6 player smash going on at my school and everyone was out except me and this Roy player.I got the KO punch primed,and someone spectating shouts" Do the counter!"he does it,i walk up,the KO Punch misses,but the wind effect ends up knocking him all the way down to the dead zone :D

Volga

Juggling Veteran
NNID
Saltytitan
3DS FC
0533-7336-5044
it worked.got all the people i wanna play in this game so far on there. Charizard or Bowser might get added later,but i'm unsure right now

Last edited:

Volga

Juggling Veteran
NNID
Saltytitan
3DS FC
0533-7336-5044
I thought this was funny right here. A little "oops" moment.

nice! I wish thats happened to me though. haha
just fought a bunch of Capt. Falcons that were very throw hungry. got really annoying >_<.he didn't stay near the ledge,but went for a throw 75% of the time. anyone know a good way to deal with them?

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
nice! I wish thats happened to me though. haha
just fought a bunch of Capt. Falcons that were very throw hungry. got really annoying >_<.he didn't stay near the ledge,but went for a throw 75% of the time. anyone know a good way to deal with them?
Spot Dodge.

It's the best option and punish.

Most Falcons like to go for the highlight reel attacks and disrespect so use your counter and super-armor your way through everyone.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Hey Champ Gold Champ Gold I need a little help with this "Post Your Roster HD" thing you gave me to put in my signature. I get the cut and paste and crop thing down but how do I actually get it into my signature? I tried right clicking on them but all I get is this "Select all" option along with "Inspect element" and "View source" thing.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Hey Champ Gold Champ Gold I need a little help with this "Post Your Roster HD" thing you gave me to put in my signature. I get the cut and paste and crop thing down but how do I actually get it into my signature? I tried right clicking on them but all I get is this "Select all" option along with "Inspect element" and "View source" thing.

Here's what you do.

• Upload the picture to imgur
  • Get a Direct Link of the image
  • Inert the link on the Image URL thing
There your signature is finished.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Here's what you do.

• Upload the picture to imgur
  • Get a Direct Link of the image
  • Inert the link on the Image URL thing
There your signature is finished.
Do I need to take a picture of it just like it tells me to do and then upload it to Imgur?

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Okay, I may have a good idea where this is coming from. I'm gonna keep doing a little digging.

EDIT: Champ Gold Champ Gold Eh, I give up. I have no idea what I'm doing. Could be because I'm using Windows 10. lol

Last edited:

Volga

Juggling Veteran
NNID
Saltytitan
3DS FC
0533-7336-5044
Thanks for the Spot Dodge advice! I'll have to try it when i'm not throwing forward smashes on a shield :p

if it helps,this is what i did to get the pic. I used Windows 10 too.
1.filled my roster
2.took a screenshot(hit prtscr)
3.opened paint,then cropped the photo and saved it
4.uploaded it on imgur.or dragged it.

boom.deed is done!

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Okay, I may have a good idea where this is coming from. I'm gonna keep doing a little digging.

EDIT: Champ Gold Champ Gold Eh, I give up. I have no idea what I'm doing. Could be because I'm using Windows 10. lol
When I get home from work. I'll PM a walkthrough for you.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Hey yall! I made a little Mac Montage of my battles. Tell me what you think :3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yl11RaWwykk
Each time I watch videos of characters I play as, I learn new things. I learned quite a few watching this like going off stage and then Jolt Haymaker for a gimp. Looks pretty risky for me but nonetheless, nice montage.
Breaking in the Wii U(and the Pro Controller) so i uploaded my first wii u for glory match! ( I did a lot of Smash attacks XD)
also info on what i need to work on helps!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wmfkTCG1NdE
You've been playing Mac just fine. Of course, I would tone down on those smash attacks (one of my bad habits as well).
The only thing I could give you is this: edge guarding. When your opponent is off stage attempting to recover, that technique is your friend.

inconspikuous

Smash Journeyman
i wasn't sure whether to post this here or in the video thread, but i made my first montage video and i wanted to share it. it'll probably be my last as well -- too much trouble/work to upload from wii u, download off youtube, and edit video in windows movie maker lol. let me know what you guys think!

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
i wasn't sure whether to post this here or in the video thread, but i made my first montage video and i wanted to share it. it'll probably be my last as well -- too much trouble/work to upload from wii u, download off youtube, and edit video in windows movie maker lol. let me know what you guys think!

Eh, it's alright that you can post it in here. I always thought the video thread is where they put tourney videos and **** in there so I didn't bother with that. After all, this is a quiet and peaceful social thread.

So that aside, awesome montage you got there. My favorite one definitely has to be the one when you gave the K.O. Uppercut of a lifetime on Peach...because I hate her more than I hate Bowser Jr...Awesome ending, too.

Besides I got my own vid to share here.

Last edited:

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Hey Lil Macs, not sure if you knew this but I think I have discovered a really cool kill combo for lil Mac. Down Thrown -> Up B (ground). It works on most characters around 80-100%, Though it depend on if the don't DI away or not. IT's still really cool IMO. Though you should know

:135:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Hey Lil Macs, not sure if you knew this but I think I have discovered a really cool kill combo for lil Mac. Down Thrown -> Up B (ground). It works on most characters around 80-100%, Though it depend on if the don't DI away or not. IT's still really cool IMO. Though you should know

It's not definite kill option for Rising Uppercut. I never use that combo because it isn't reliable in the slightest and doesn't work with a competent player. I better luck with DThrow into Down Smash after an baited air dodge

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
It's not definite kill option for Rising Uppercut. I never use that combo because it isn't reliable in the slightest and doesn't work with a competent player. I better luck with DThrow into Down Smash after an baited air dodge
Are you sure? Cause it works for me. Though at could just being the CPUs being complete dummies. Or it could be i'm using an unpatch version. Anyway It is hard to pull off, but it can be done and it's very satisfying when it does.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Are you sure? Cause it works for me. Though at could just being the CPUs being complete dummies. Or it could be i'm using an unpatch version. Anyway It is hard to pull off, but it can be done and it's very satisfying when it does.

Try actually fighting competent players and try it, 25% chance of working against them and I don't like those odds. Plus when it whiffs, it's an easy punish. It's really not worth it and only benefits the opposition moreso.

If you want to use Mac's Up-B, just bait out an air dodge and attack from there or while you're in a jab combo, just mash out of it with his super armor.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Try actually fighting competent players and try it, 25% chance of working against them and I don't like those odds. Plus when it whiffs, it's an easy punish. It's really not worth it and only benefits the opposition moreso.

If you want to use Mac's Up-B, just bait out an air dodge and attack from there or while you're in a jab combo, just mash out of it with his super armor.
Is that because they DI away from it or can jump/air dodge of of it?

Yeah, Jab 1 -> Up B pretty good combo.

Top Bottom