• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Defend the Title - Little Mac Main Social Thread

itsmeMOB

Smash Journeyman
NNID
itsmeMOB
Am I the only one that prefers the default color Mac? Or just default color of anyone? That's really how I play, unless it's ZSS or Shulk. I use ZSS' shorter variants and Summertime Shulk.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Am I the only one that prefers the default color Mac? Or just default color of anyone? That's really how I play, unless it's ZSS or Shulk. I use ZSS' shorter variants and Summertime Shulk.
I pretty much use the default colors for every character I play as, including Mac. I'm not real big on using their alt colors.

FlashStormed

Smash Rookie
NNID
Flashstormed
Blue Mac FTW! but default mac is good 2 i guess.

Other than that, I like using the orange variations of the other characters!

Last edited:

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
I wonder if that was me you played. I just recently played several games against another LM, and he kicked my *** every single time. I was under the name "Frank" and used the pink sweatsuit.

Speaking of which, I love that alt for mac. Besides the inherent coolness of a hoodie, it represents how mac needs to keep training, keep getting better.
Probably not. I have rarely had a Little Mac ditto that lasted more than 1-2 matches lately.
I'm glad he got two of those alts.
Ideally, I would have also liked him to have the yellow wireframe + red gloves (Title Defense in the Arcade).

itsmeMOB

Smash Journeyman
NNID
itsmeMOB
Kind of jealous x.x. I saw a Little Mac Amiibo at an anime con a few days ago for 35$. I almost bought him... Very nice!!
Don't pay that much for something you can search for MSRP on Amazon.jp. That's how I found my Mac. In total, I spend $21 or so, but Little Mac was actually around $16.00.

Ascen

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ascendtothetop
Hey, my friends! I've been using Little Mac a lot recently, and I've been doing really well online with him against my friends, but I haven't pulled him out in a local yet. Anyone have some advice using Mac in tournament? Should I even use him? I've mained Sheik and Yoshi for a while now, so I'm wondering if it's a good idea to start using him in a real tournament setting.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Chances are that if you're asking the players who commit to Little Mac in tournaments, they're not going to tell you NOT to use him. :p

He's quite good as a counterpick character in some matchups. I main Wario, and it often causes people to take me to stage without platforms to play with, and Mac tends to like this a lot. You could probably get away with much of the same with your Sheik/Yoshi.

It's worth noting that fighting against Mac is generally easier offline because there's less chance that they'll have pressed a button when you're starting a move with super armor, so judging based on online play is not so great an idea as Mac. Also, if you want to go Mac Game 1, I highly recommend striking Smashville. Too many characters camp you for free on that platform.

Last edited:

MonkeyArms

Smash Ace
NNID
MrCheeseburger7
I believe Little Mac's recovery got buffed, but only for his Up B.
Not that it was that necessary...

jet56

Smash Journeyman
i know that the recent patch gave mac more knockback on his side b and his ko punch doesn't wiff anymore (although i swear sometimes it still happens to me.) not sure on the up b though, i haven't noticed a difference. btw, have you guys considered rising smash custom up b for mac? it combos with your jab, and it kills really early 50-70%, its a great kill move.

LCC Son-in-Law

Dork-in-Law
NNID
I'll add you
3DS FC
0989-1853-2327
i know that the recent patch gave mac more knockback on his side b and his ko punch doesn't wiff anymore (although i swear sometimes it still happens to me.) not sure on the up b though, i haven't noticed a difference. btw, have you guys considered rising smash custom up b for mac? it combos with your jab, and it kills really early 50-70%, its a great kill move.
I've messed around with the Rising Smash a little. It's such a great move, but I can't get used to the timing when using it to recover. The start up causes you to fall down a little before you go up, so despite the distance being the same I tend to misjudge when to use it. Still, it can be a good tool!

Ghidorah14

Smash Ace
Does anyone else wish that the KO punch ignored spot dodging, like it does shields? It feels like far too often, I'll make a read or my opponent will leave themselves open just long enough for me to hit B, only for them to mash spot dodge and avoid the hit.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
I can't for the life of me connect the sweetspot of this move (rising smash). I always drag my opponents up with me, but then he misses the mark.

Last edited:

LCC Son-in-Law

Dork-in-Law
NNID
I'll add you
3DS FC
0989-1853-2327
Does anyone else wish that the KO punch ignored spot dodging, like it does shields? It feels like far too often, I'll make a read or my opponent will leave themselves open just long enough for me to hit B, only for them to mash spot dodge and avoid the hit.
While it would be good for little mac if it ignored spot dodges, I think it's balanced the way it is. You just have to combo into it and try to lock them in a situation where they don't have time to spot dodge, or punish a spot dodge with a jab or dtilt>K.O. punch.

jet56

Smash Journeyman
While it would be good for little mac if it ignored spot dodges, I think it's balanced the way it is. You just have to combo into it and try to lock them in a situation where they don't have time to spot dodge, or punish a spot dodge with a jab or dtilt>K.O. punch.
i agree, the setup into k.o. punch is too good as it is, ignoring spot dodge would make it ridiculous. on a side note, i was doing 1v1 with a lvl 9 cpu (FG was really laggy for me at the moment) and the cpu's are harder i swear. i was facing ness, and he was using down throw to fair, which i have never seen before. in general, the a.i. combos better and mixes it up, with various recovery and even attempts at gimps (i got gimped by rosalina when she daired me.) anyone else notice this?

CHOVI

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CHOVI3
3DS FC
3566-1571-6130
That'd just be op

Peppa

Time's up, pipsqueak. I'm gone!
NNID
ThePeppa
Hey Macs, you guys are quieter then your character in game. Whats up?

Ghidorah14

Smash Ace
Hey Macs, you guys are quieter then your character in game. Whats up?
Not much to talk about when your character is unaffected by the latest patch.. If there's anything to talk about, it's if the other character's buffs/nerfs affect the LM matchup.

Last edited:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Anyone else enjoy fighting Ryu as Mac? It's one of the few matchups I really enjoy.
I have fought a couple of Ryus myself but not as Mac. I might give it a shot sometime, though not during nighttime hours since I've limited myself to playing For Glory only during the daytime.

LCC Son-in-Law

Dork-in-Law
NNID
I'll add you
3DS FC
0989-1853-2327
Hey Yall. Been kinda quiet here lately eh? Just wanted to letcha know that I posted the thread for the Shiek Matchup Discussion, so if you have the time or any info to add, try to stop by and drop a post.

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
I take it you know what goes on at the Zelda social, don't ya?
It's pretty much just the Robin social but everything wrong with it and does crazy and stupid things, like invade Crayola

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
It's pretty much just the Robin social but everything wrong with it and does crazy and stupid things, like invade Crayola
I don't know about the Robin social cuz I've never been there. If it's anything like the Zelda social, then **** that.

The Zelda social is totally filled with a bunch of random bull**** and those ******* and hoes even refer to each other as "gorls", which is dumb. Hell, they even invaded the Rosalina social, which where I'm mostly active at.

Overall, the Zelda social is a disease.

Last edited:

Paper Maribro

Smash Ace
Hello guys, I'm Paper Maribro or just Maribro for short. I've been a Pac main since day one but I've had a pocket Mac for a while now and am starting to play him more and more. Even brought him out in a couple of sets last tourney and did pretty well. Just thought I'd pop down and say hi as I'm considering becoming a Mac main and dropping Pac to either secondary or completely.

All things aside, hello and I hope to get to know you all :D

Hacksorus

Smash Cadet
NNID
Hacksorus
3DS FC
2664-2171-8516
Robin main here, looking for some experience in the Little Mac MU. I don't know if this is the right place to ask, but anyone up for some matches tonight/some time in the future?

LucarioDude

Not Gray Fox
Accurate representation of how it feels to be Little Mac when up against characters that have flying recoveries. ;~;

Last edited:
Top Bottom