• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dedede Floats

Rahd

Smash Rookie
most likely his repeat up move, probably will be a jiggly puff kirby type thing

Shishou

Smash Apprentice
Probably bloats up after your second jump if you hold jump. Then he can glide, much like Pit, Charizard, and Meta knight.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Probably bloats up after your second jump if you hold jump. Then he can glide, much like Pit, Charizard, and Meta knight.
Yes because inflating to glide makes so much more sense...since, you know, he can't move up or down while inflated in the games

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
I'll bet that he has multiple jumps like Kirby and Meta knight... it's apparently a theme of the series.

A multijumping heavy character... this IS curious isn't it?

(forgot jigglypuff... she multijumps too)

But in the games, when he was floatiing, that's all he could do... I wonder if his jump is different so you can't attack out of it and then re-enter it... IDK... probably not.

Wonder if he can WoP?

ChronoSquare

Smash Ace
dear god I would hope Dedede could NOT wop. As it is, with that mallet that looks to be about the size of Jigglypuff and just as long a handle, Dedede is going to definitely have disjointed hitboxes. I think a multi-jumping fat Marth will be good enough without the ability to combo somebody off the stage thank you very much.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
dear god I would hope Dedede could NOT wop. As it is, with that mallet that looks to be about the size of Jigglypuff and just as long a handle, Dedede is going to definitely have disjointed hitboxes. I think a multi-jumping fat Marth will be good enough without the ability to combo somebody off the stage thank you very much.
like he's going to be as fast as marth... calling him ice climbers would be more fair (they have mallets you know)

Hong

The Strongest
like he's going to be as fast as marth... calling him ice climbers would be more fair (they have mallets you know)
Oh yes. We all know how there is only one way to use a hammer. Just like there is only one way to use a sword, and only one way to use your fists.

Oh wait...

MirageofMadness

Smash Journeyman
I suppose it could just be a double- jump, but it would makes more sense historically if he had at least another bloated-puff jump.

I was also thinking, maybe it is connected with his (not yet official) neutral B move, inhale!
His inhale could be separated from Kirby's in a lot of better ways, but one way could be making Dedede puff up after he uses it....

Dreamking

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DreamWanderer92
3DS FC
0817-5074-8674
Switch FC
6827-7951-1977
I think he should technically be a glider since in Kirby's Adventure and in the Dreamland stage in SSB he floats by.

Amazing Mirror? Where was he? I have the game and haven't seen him.

shinzou

Smash Cadet
Well, I think he'd be more like a kirby type jump... even if dedede "floats" in the games, i've never seen a baloon type object float like a hang glider (random)

Knight-errant

Smash Apprentice
maybe his dash is to fly judging from this pic:
I think more than likely he's just coming down from a jump, just started jumping, or is coming up through the platform. It's probably that he has multijumps, I mean, just look at him. He looks the same way Kirby does when he's multijumping (just bigger, and with a hammer).

Axel-of-the-Key

Smash Cadet
I think it's going to be a glide. It makes the most sense, since he couldn't do it like Kirby. He had to inflate himself and then float around. He couldn't flap his arms to go up and down like Kirby.
However, if it is a multiple jump, then DeDeDe is up there with Lucas, Meta Knight, Ice Climbers, Mario, and Sonic is one of my potential mains. He'd probably go in between Ice Climbers and Meta Knight in order.

Cereal Rabbit

Smash Lord
Can't Dedede fly like Kirby?

I think I recall him flying when I encountered him in the Kirby games.
Almost all games Dedede was starred in, he was able to fly. Back in Crystal Shards, I did not think that we was able to fly. Games like Kirby Dream Land and Super Star he flew. Air Ride, he didn't fly at all unless you put AR on his Wheelie.

DEDEDE FLIES LIKE KIRBY AND DOESN'T GLIDE, DON'T DENY XD

3D King

Smash Journeyman
Almost all games Dedede was starred in, he was able to fly. Back in Crystal Shards, I did not think that we was able to fly. Games like Kirby Dream Land and Super Star he flew. Air Ride, he didn't fly at all unless you put AR on his Wheelie.

DEDEDE FLIES LIKE KIRBY AND DOESN'T GLIDE, DON'T DENY XD
I don't recall him flying in Kirby's Dreamland...

But yeah, if your above King Dedede when he does that "glide" move in most of his fights he goes straight up. You can't glide vertically.

Gill

Smash Journeyman
If he just glides, why wouldn't they have said that? They devoted a whole update to gliding, and noted specific characters who could do it. Yet Pit has multiple jumps but they never noted that. I think Dedede will have multiple jumps.

iron blade

Smash Ace
i hope that they are just multiple jumps like kirby or jiggs, if he could glide he would've been included in the gliding update. also, him gliding would be like a car gliding. it just doesn't work.

TidalSpiral

Smash Journeyman
If he just glides, why wouldn't they have said that? They devoted a whole update to gliding, and noted specific characters who could do it. Yet Pit has multiple jumps but they never noted that. I think Dedede will have multiple jumps.
Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't the Gliding update come before the Dedede update? That would explain why it was left out if so.

For the record I'm praying it's multi-jumping like Kirby, cause contrary to the cinematics he could fly just like Kirby with it in one of the games. It was one where the 2nd player could control Dedede, maybe the Gourmet Race mini-game.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
i hope that they are just multiple jumps like kirby or jiggs, if he could glide he would've been included in the gliding update. also, him gliding would be like a car gliding. it just doesn't work.

Hah Ironblades, from your sig, youve got a thing for characters with swords eh?

Ah the name gives it away too haha

Top Bottom