• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Decisive Games NewD3 Mafia (GAME OVER!)

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
OFFICIAL VOTE COUNT v2.5 (FINAL DAY 2 VOTE COUNT)

Eido (4): Fontisian, Wam, Laserguy, Maven

Laserguy (2): Eido, Swiss

Not Voting (1): Bessie

Eido has been eliminated by majority vote and flips as Vanilla Town!

NIGHT TWO BEGINS! PLEASE SUBMIT ALL NIGHT ACTIONS BY 4/28/2021 @ 8:30 P.M. MDT! Any actions not submitted by this deadline will not be counted and no action will be taken on your behalf. Day Three will not begin before this time period has expired.

Last edited:

Maven89

Smash Master
Goodbye, so soon
And isn't this a crime?
We know by now that time knows how to fly

So here's goodbye, so soon
You'll find your separate way
With time so short, I'll say so long
And go, so soon

Wam

Smash Ace
Vote fontisan

I'm going to level with you guys.

I think this is a slamdunk case. Eido is 99% the last scum and we should kill him Today. If you all run up Laser, I will not move my vote to maj him, even if that means I get yeeted.

Wam Wam , you may quote this. If we yeet Eido and the game doesn't end, you should yeet me Tomorrow. If I argue against it, quote this post.

Swiss

Smash Lord
Questions for the day:
Is Font bad and town, or good and scum? Interesting one.
Will Bessie or Laser finally add something to the game, or continue to lurk?
I hope the townies will be active, at least.

Wam I need more from you toDay.

Swiss

Smash Lord
Also side note I re-read some of my old games the other day and forgot how insanely good I was.

Need to get my old man energy levels back to what they used to be and I am b b b b b b back to business

Wam

Smash Ace
Swiss you do protest your innocence too much!

Being Upfront about my reads today I'm going to really struggle to see past font. I think they wormed their way out of yesterday's lynch and if we let them go today and they are scum we lose today.

Swiss

Smash Lord
If Font is alive in the final three, and KingSwiss is dead - please quote this post and insist upon my word that Font is lynched. No excuses.

There we go, game all wrapped up.

Swiss

Smash Lord
I hesitate on Font because although everyone bangs on about how good she is, that rudeness and general sense of superiority is super hard to fake as scum.

Wam

Smash Ace
It's hard but not impossible font managed something similar in her last scum game. I'm basing my view entirely on the actions day 1 lynch, trying to save somi.

Wam

Smash Ace
You or laser. Im standing by my meta read of bessie being town.

fontisian

Smash Champion
I am rereading.

Wam, I would like you to explain why you think I'm a wolf, if you wouldn't mind. You've said it was because I tried to save Somi. Can you elaborate? Was there nothing else I did that pinged you?

LaserGuy

Smash Ace
What would you like to know?

Questions for the day:
Is Font bad and town, or good and scum? Interesting one.
Most likely the latter. fonti is a very good Town player.

I hesitate on Font because although everyone bangs on about how good she is, that rudeness and general sense of superiority is super hard to fake as scum.
Let me help you out with that. Here's some ego posting from scum!fonti:
SvT
SvS.
SvT.

Here's some ego posting from Town!fonti:
TvT
TvT
TvT

On the other end of the tone coin, here's scum!Fonti being contrite after leading yeeting a strong townie.

fonti's best asset as scum is her ability to fake tone. It's just not a reliable way to read her and is probably always going to be NAI.

Interestingly, I did notice that I had a much more difficult time finding posts of similar length or density in the Town games that I was looking through than the scum game. She seems comparatively terse as Town. This may be because I remember the scum game better had a better idea of where to look for things though. If I have time I may do a more systematic analysis to see if there's anything there.

Swiss Swiss

Does laser shoot maven?
Shooting Maven tells me the mafioso wanted to remove a sure town, and not reduce the 'lynch pool'.

Which means they think they're in the lynch pool.
Or the scum is in a townie position and wants to maintain townie infighting. Night kill analysis is WIFOM all the way down.

fontisian

Smash Champion
Starting from the top.

My strongest townread is Bessie, I will happily lose the game to her. Scum!Bessie was tonally fairly weak, felt awkward and strange, whereas her she is self-assured and smooth. I like her prediction on who scum!me would shoot from partway through Day 1 the most. It's the kind of thing that could come from some like scum!Xivii, who likes to think in those alternative worlds, but probably not from scum!bessie.

It's a little galling to be called bad for one wrong scumread, considering that at least two town are equally wrong on me.

fontisian

Smash Champion
The last time I was in a final 3 as town, the mafia noted that as I was reading through the game I was experiencing the feelings I had felt, and that I would likely decide to yeet him when I get to the end of Day 2 in my reread, because that's when I most wanted to yeet him earlier. It's kind of weird to realize how much my reads are based on that feeling in the moment, and how much I feel the same while going through the same things. I.e. While reading through page 2, I'm back to thinking it might be Swiss, because I hate his approach to Eido and his weird wordiness ("Disagree Laser, Eido's not being honest." Blech.) This contrasts with how I felt at eod Yesterday, though my feelings there were likely tainted.

fontisian

Smash Champion
Oh boy, what was this Swiss wagon?

This again? Sabrar, could you shoot Swiss this time? Thanks.

Cool, so everyone agrees I'm obvtown.

Just because people rarely fall into Grand Canyon it's not a good idea to walk right up to the edge and sit there.
Nah, I don't think it's Swiss. The astonishment about the wagon on him feels like a really weird thing for somi to say about a partner. It makes more sense as something he genuinely felt.

I'm second guessing myself a bit on this one, maybe, because the wording it real awkward and it's just kind of strange that Somi talked about Swiss this way but didn't really address the case on Eido, which, in a Swiss!town world, he would also know was on a town. Would appreciate thoughts here.

I'm self-conscious about how long my sentences are now, thanks Laser.

Top Bottom