• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Decisive Games NewD3 Mafia (GAME OVER!)

fontisian

Smash Champion
I don't really understand how this follows from what you wrote earlier:

I don't know that I can assign a specific motivation to why he would do it, though I could probably speculate on several. It's just something that pinged me as off.

I have a vague recollection that maybe there was some game where there was an accidental hammer during an EoD scramble, but that's all that's coming to mind... nothing early in a game for sure. I haven't seen it happen, but it wouldn't surprise me if it is has happened Mafiascum before. The meta there is very trollish and back when I played there I saw a number of L-1 wagons early on D1.

Any particular reason you've decided to do points this game? I don't recall you ever doing this before.
Laser feels inquisitive in the early game. I took a look at Midnight Ops, and he seemed more opportunistic in his pushes there, going for a newbie and then Chaco, supporting a teammate. His questions seemed less focused, whereas here he was oriented around sorting Eido and Gorf, and it's not really meant to bury.

Worth noting that Laser's scum game was also just generally pretty good, he sounded reasonable and while I didn't agree with his pushes, I understood how town!Laser might have decided to make them.

Swiss

Smash Lord
Bessie is town, her eod post the other day and her first post toDay are good enough for me to ride that wagon to end game. Might change...but I won't.

Wam is strong townlean, have had 0 sus on him and frankly if he was scum I just know I'd have him. Town.

Laser is a scumread. Was scummy, didn't like his interactions. Spider in the web. Like his recent posts.

Fonti is the real wild card. As far as I can tell she's town in her interactions - but all I get told is how good she is as scum. Laser quotes some scum games and she does seem decent. Lynhed Eido, was main force in that which disregarded intent and only looked at results, big dislike.

Swiss

Smash Lord
Ok.

Could you talk about why you're town, Swiss, or is that too weird?
I can but I see 0 value...but since you ask.

Somi would be alive if I was scum, I'd have nuked the day phase.
I would have pushed Laser or my chosen 'scum' much harder.
I wouldn't have NK'd Sabrar but that's neither here nor there.

Swiss

Smash Lord
What would you like to know?

Most likely the latter. fonti is a very good Town player.

Let me help you out with that. Here's some ego posting from scum!fonti:
SvT
SvS.
SvT.

Here's some ego posting from Town!fonti:
TvT
TvT
TvT

On the other end of the tone coin, here's scum!Fonti being contrite after leading yeeting a strong townie.

fonti's best asset as scum is her ability to fake tone. It's just not a reliable way to read her and is probably always going to be NAI.

Interestingly, I did notice that I had a much more difficult time finding posts of similar length or density in the Town games that I was looking through than the scum game. She seems comparatively terse as Town. This may be because I remember the scum game better had a better idea of where to look for things though. If I have time I may do a more systematic analysis to see if there's anything there.

Or the scum is in a townie position and wants to maintain townie infighting. Night kill analysis is WIFOM all the way down.
So..you think Font is scum.
If you're wrong who's your second?

RE: Bolded, are you suggesting her meta leans toward scum here?

Does a scum put this much effort into a post like this? Maybe not.

fontisian

Smash Champion
You're the kind of scum player who kicks up a scene when you have to, basically? And you had ample opportunity to do that when I pushed you.

Yeah, I buy that.

LaserGuy LaserGuy
somitomi is mostly a meta read. I've played with him a fair bit on xkcd before. As Town he's usually very cautious in making reads and evaluations of people, but this shouldn't be taken as a sign of scumminess, especially not this early in the game. It takes him some time to figure things out. He tends to struggle a lot more as mafia and is usually quite transparent.
I understand that this was something from your scum game, so it may not have been entirely accurate on how you read somi as town. I find it odd that you previously described Somi as an easy scumread, but you weren't able to really see that here. You didn't fight the yeet, but you didn't push it either. What happened there?

LaserGuy

Smash Ace
Mmm, **** it, I'll commit to this early.

I think Laser is town.
This pings townie to me. I'm pretty much the only natural counterwagon for scum!fonti at this stage, so I was expecting a fight from her today, especially after this at EoD2:

Maven
Swiss
Bessie

Wam

Laser

Eido
Need to do some rereading.

bessie bessie , do you have Stellaris mafia in your archive by any chance?

fontisian

Smash Champion
This pings townie to me. I'm pretty much the only natural counterwagon for scum!fonti at this stage, so I was expecting a fight from her today, especially after this at EoD2:

Need to do some rereading.

bessie bessie , do you have Stellaris mafia in your archive by any chance?
Lol.

This will not help me, but I'm kind of taking that townread back. I think Bessie and Swiss are my top town,

fontisian

Smash Champion
Font given you offered yourself as a sacrifice toDay, which I'm inclined to accept, please give me solid reads for LyLo
That's the plan, man.

Got to get good reads first.

I'm obviously going to fight to live though, it is the way of things.

fontisian

Smash Champion
But...why do you buy this? You've not had time to meta check me.
I could just be wifoming

How is the acceptable to you
Because you're super over the top Today, when scum!you wouldn't need to be, because you're not up to be yeeted, but you were really muted while somi was going down, when it would have been good for scum!you to be doing a lot.

LaserGuy

Smash Ace
You're the kind of scum player who kicks up a scene when you have to, basically? And you had ample opportunity to do that when I pushed you.

Yeah, I buy that.

LaserGuy LaserGuy

I understand that this was something from your scum game, so it may not have been entirely accurate on how you read somi as town. I find it odd that you previously described Somi as an easy scumread, but you weren't able to really see that here. You didn't fight the yeet, but you didn't push it either. What happened there?
That read is... I'd say at least partly fabrication. But anyway, my meta on somi is just not as good as I thought it was. I talked about this at the end of last game (see: somi read). I thought I could read him reliably on tone and some quirks in his personality, but I misread him badly in both in Apex (where he was scum) and again in Wam's game (where he was Town). So I really making an effort with him this game not to use meta tells and evaluate his content as objectively as I could.

BESSSIIEEEEE WHERE ARE YOUUUUUU
bessie only posts in the evening her time. About 8-9 hours from now.

fontisian

Smash Champion
The difference could be that you were worried Gorf would catch you, so after you shot him you could be more loose, but that's feels stupid.

fontisian

Smash Champion
That read is... I'd say at least partly fabrication. But anyway, my meta on somi is just not as good as I thought it was. I talked about this at the end of last game (see: somi read). I thought I could read him reliably on tone and some quirks in his personality, but I misread him badly in both in Apex (where he was scum) and again in Wam's game (where he was Town). So I really making an effort with him this game not to use meta tells and evaluate his content as objectively as I could.

bessie only posts in the evening her time. About 8-9 hours from now.
Oh, so the somi vote at the start of D1 was a joke about that.

Swiss

Smash Lord
The difference could be that you were worried Gorf would catch you, so after you shot him you could be more loose, but that's feels stupid.
Gorf had me as locktown when I was a werewolf last game.
I only had sus because people thought I crumbed serial killer (?????guys what?????)

fontisian

Smash Champion
Getting back to this:
Is Laser scum and just grabbed a chance to buddy to you?
Potentially, sure. Or he's town and I didn't fit his expectations for his expectations for what I'd do as scum. Uh, I'm not a huge fan of it, because of the Apex scumgame he linked you to, where I came into the game after misyeeting the Xivii/Bessie and iirc tried to work with Boom and Laser, and acted like I thought they might be town, and that got them on my side (along with some emotional stuff). So I expect Laser to know scum!me doesn't usually take the obvious path, that I try to frustrate expectations, and I'd expect him to be more skeptical here.

fontisian

Smash Champion
Gorf had me as locktown when I was a werewolf last game.
I only had sus because people thought I crumbed serial killer (?????guys what?????)
Yeah, I know, Eido talked about that at the beginning of the game. It could have made Gorf more wary of you. It's not a real thing I'm worried about, it's just the only potential scum motivation that came to mind.

fontisian

Smash Champion
Probably scum by PoE. bessie is Town. You are very likely Town. I have some lingering uncertainty about Wam that I'm not quite ready to express without doing a full reread of him.
I do want to talk about Wam with you, since there's decent odds it'll be you and him and either Bessie or Swiss in final 3.

fontisian

Smash Champion
Laser or Wam because one is probably the wolf. Bessie or you because one of you will die. Not me because if that happens, I would have been yeeted.

LaserGuy

Smash Ace
Laser why is Bessie town, you remind me of soemthing
My feelings from D1 on her haven't really changed that much. She has a very consistent style and tone across virtually all of her Town games, and it is noticeably different in her scum games if you know what to look for. I can probably put together a more detailed assessment if you really want, but that's really the heart of it.

bessie:

Her interest and engagement levels in the game strike me as Town bessie. I've talked about this already, but bessie tends to struggle a lot to come up with good content as mafia and often comes across as uninterested in the game. I don't get that impression from her here.

I spent some time thinking about whether scum!bessie would attempt to use something like the point system to distract from her scum play, and, on balance, I think this is unlikely. Likely Town.

Top Bottom