• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Decisive Games Mafia: THE NINTENZONE SOCIAL INVASION! - Interest thread

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
gorf and i have the setup. its gonna b a good game and yall will hav fun with these roles

its cool vaanrose. totally fine. just make sure to mention Maven89 Maven89 whenever you post anime pics/gifs

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
gorf and i have the setup. its gonna b a good game and yall will hav fun with these roles

its cool vaanrose. totally fine. just make sure to mention Maven89 Maven89 whenever you post anime pics/gifs
Am I gonna have to mention them everytime then? All I do are sailor moon or dragon ball gifs. :(

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
i hope this game will be my second peak :'^)

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
hmm

i personally am fine with 24 hrs. i just dont kno if our guys can handle it and this is an attempt at reaching a palatable compromise. the days here are usually way longer but were definitely not doing anything longer than 36 hours. my personal preference is actually 12 hr days. lynch someone saying wolfy **** and call it a day. that **** is lit af yall

we will do 36 hrs for this first game. were not opposed to doing 24 in another game. imo we should move it to 24 (or even 12) after this game but the concern is for our guys to have time to adapt. they wont b used to how active yall are and they just hav to go thru the motions of a faster day i guess

Spak Spak Maven89 Maven89 ranmaru ranmaru

wat yall think of this
The optimal shorter day format for me would be 36 hour days that start at noon (EST) and end at midnight (since that'd give me two periods of ~(6:00/7:00)-12:00 to be actively in the game). I'd also prefer midnight to midnight if we end up doing 24 hour days so I could be around for deadline. Still not used to phases less than 5 days, though, so bare with me if I take a bit to adjust lol.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I mean if you guys play our mafia games you’ll have to get used to the 24/24 phases as much as we will have to get used to however you guys do your day/night phases

Natz~

Full of Hugs and Fire~
i'm still riding my peak, all 4 games i've played i think its fair to say i've been doing great

pokemafia i didn't **** up and confirmed myslef and oppo, along with coroporating with other confirmed townies to narrow the list

ffa holder explicitly called me his favorite player at the beginning of the game and still loved how i was playing all the way to the end, i nearly shuffled up the whole game if uni didn't hand oppo the win, played great, did things great, and nearly shuffled it to our own hands through wit alone

capcom we played a damn right mafia, i wasn't a mastermind there but i did support and supplement and followed along and created a scenario for woomy to shoot me all on my own which we used to end the game on night 2

and villains i played the mastermind for the mafia, backstabed uni, puppeted crusher, coordinated town to fight eachother and played a peusdo gf for my mafia budies, stressful and hair raising where i was only one vote away from the grave and so close to having everything undone, still kept things cool and rode victory to the end

all and all i've been rather succesful, and every game i have played i made it to the end alive (with my only death being the ffa cause i didn't win) and in all seriousness, this is only building up for an epic fail that will be hilarious and humiliating. but hey still doing good~ :DDD

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Shiny’s gonna be pissed when he finds out that we’re playing a mafia before his..

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
after how generally angry you were at me last game i would not blame you at all :V
In all fairness, I played that game horribly. Me getting killed at that point was justifed and I'm fine with it.

You wanting to kill me before the game even begins, however...

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
The optimal shorter day format for me would be 36 hour days that start at noon (EST) and end at midnight (since that'd give me two periods of ~(6:00/7:00)-12:00 to be actively in the game). I'd also prefer midnight to midnight if we end up doing 24 hour days so I could be around for deadline. Still not used to phases less than 5 days, though, so bare with me if I take a bit to adjust lol.
k

faster paced is nice man. just dont expect to do wall posts i guess. more bing bang boom. its all dependent on your style. i adjusted to it fairly quickly. im actually at a point where i find 36 hrs slow and prefer 12 hrs so dont b intimidated by it. i believe longer days are generally wolfsided

I mean if you guys play our mafia games you’ll have to get used to the 24/24 phases as much as we will have to get used to however you guys do your day/night phases
lol

i think theres only 4 of us who arent used to it and that might change after this game for all i kno. yeah just run the regular 24 deadline after this one if yall want. at any rate you guys are pretty much dgames now since yall make up the majority by a large margin. so i agree there will b a transitional period for the regulars who arent used to it

here i am hopin i can convince a few ppl to run a 12/12 game ;)

Last edited:

Natz~

Full of Hugs and Fire~
In all fairness, I played that game horribly. Me getting killed at that point was justifed and I'm fine with it.

You wanting to kill me before the game even begins, however...
it literally is because you said you were broken, zeb said it outloud and we all agreed that if you were broken you had to be removed

its literally all because that one word .-.
Seeing Shiny's name makes me realize something.

We can't make him say his role on day 1 for this game...

RIP the tradition :p
rip, at least now no one gets to abuse him :V

when is he coming back to teh boards?

k

faster paced is nice man. just dont expect to do wall posts i guess. more bing bang boom. its all dependent on your style. i adjusted to it fairly quickly. im actually at a point where i find 36 hrs slow and prefer 12 hrs so dont b intimidated by it. i believe longer days are generally wolfsided

lol

i think theres only 4 of us who arent used to it and that might change after this game for all i kno. yeah just run the regular 24 deadline after this one if yall want. at any rate you guys are pretty much dgames now since yall make up the majority by a large margin. so i agree there will b a transitional period for the regulars who arent used to it

just cause were the majority and the invaders, doesnt' mean we can't respect and acknowledge those who came before us :V

though in all fairness we were told this place was dead so we weren't expecting anyone when we were thinking of moving in and expecting the land to be open plains, not a few natives strum about

but still main point is, majority or not, were all this new community :V

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
it literally is because you said you were broken, zeb said it outloud and we all agreed that if you were broken you had to be removed

its literally all because that one word .-.
Not proud of how I played lol

Probably played worse than Fate/Mafia, and that's saying something.

rip, at least now no one gets to abuse him :V

when is he coming back to teh boards?
June 8th

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
k

lol

Honestly, I'd be fine with a 12/12 if everyone's fine with me being gone the first half. It'd work far better than 24/24 for me because I'd have 6 hours for 6 hours of catch-up rather than 6 hours for 18 hours of catch-up.

D

Deleted member

My opinion on Day/Night duration is that it should be up to the host but no way in gell am I downloading Discord again, even if I had the storage space for it.
Honestly, I'd be fine with a 12/12 if everyone's fine with me being gone the first half. It'd work far better than 24/24 for me because I'd have 6 hours for 6 hours of catch-up rather than 6 hours for 18 hours of catch-up.
I've always wanted to try a 12/12 for quicker games but I know that I myself wouldn't even be able to play it properly due to the high chances of those periods falling in when I'm busy.
24/24 is something we've been doing because it allows time for everyone to play, assuming they have some free time

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
12/12 would admitteddly be horrible for me.

If it lands on a day where I have a big work day and the phase changes when I sleep, I literally can only play for less than an hour on whichever phase isn't on the evening.

And considering how I try to be as active as possible, having such a huge drop of activity would draw some unnecessary attention towards me, maybe even get me killed.

And dying because I didn't have time to do anything to stop it just sucks.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
12/12 would admitteddly be horrible for me.

If it lands on a day where I have a big work day and the phase changes when I sleep, I literally can only play for less than an hour on whichever phase isn't on the evening.

And considering how I try to be as active as possible, having such a huge drop of activity would draw some unnecessary attention towards me, maybe even get me killed.

And dying because I didn't have time to do anything to stop it just sucks.
That’d be me every phase.

Natz~

Full of Hugs and Fire~
nah, 24/24 is perfect, a full 24 hours gives most people a chance to pop in on their most convenient hour, 12/12 would compromise those on strict schedules

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
honestly depending on where the game falls i wouldn't mind trying out a 12/12

the nintenzone is the majority but I feel like if DG is trying out our rules then it'd be nice if we could do the same for them, but idk

Maven89

Smash Master
My issue with fast games is that I rarely have the time to read through them and post before the day ends, when we have week long days I can always find some time to get it done.

Also there's a lot of us that are older, in our late 20s or past that. Marshy himself is like 38 or something

Last edited:

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
its interesting spak

some games run so fast that players do not even read the entire game. theyll sit and threadcamp for durations of time and get their reads through live interaction. im not saying thats what this game will b (tho im sure real time interaction will b prevalent here) but it is a legitimate style of play thats run elsewhere on the internet

were doing a 12/12 for this game. i meant if down the line someone wants to run/play one thatd b swag

and yeah like gorf said earlier if the site goes down dont worry bout it. we already hav the roles picked and its a good setup. i actually cant wait to see how yall react to/handle some of the **** we threw in this game lmao. we are going to b working on flavor over the weekend. our flavor for nights/days are pretty barebones tho. but yeah if site goes dont worry bout it cuz were handling it

BarDulL

Town Vampire
so heres where i am

i think 21 would be AMAZING, and getting more of that would be SUPREMELY AMAZING. but getting more than that can be a tough thing to do as a mod and setup balance wise. so it'll be fine if it goes over 21, but be advised i might ask if we can trim it to 21 and if people can sign up as replacements. getting like 3 or 4 on deck minimum would make me extremely happy because there is bound to be inactivity in a game this size.
I see 20 are signed up, can I be lucky 21?

BarDulL

Town Vampire

Alright, I'm not going to front, I will likely be a massive garbage can (it has been a while since I've played Mafia). Wish me luck, boys. :awesome:

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
I'm fine with anything, it's your game after all, but 12/12 would be better for my paranoia when I'm a scummy role, haha.

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
ATTENTION

I WOULD LIKE EVERYONE THAT IS PLAYING TO GIVE ME SOME SORT OF CONFIRMATION BETWEEN TODAY AND TOMORROW THAT THEYRE DEFINITELY IN IT TO PLAY THE GAME.

I always get antsy with what to do when faced with inactivity in games I host, and I’d like to minimize the headache as much as possible.

Im gonna be making the flavor, and the game should start either Monday or Tuesday at 12:00 PM, depending on how long the site maintenance takes.

I’m friggin hyped

Top Bottom