• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Decisive Games Mafia: THE NINTENZONE SOCIAL INVASION! - Interest thread

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
is there a limit to how many ppl you can invite to pms now?

im pretty sure that used to b a thing but idk if thats the case any more?

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
is there a limit to how many ppl you can invite to pms now?
Premium users can invite an absurd amount of people.

For reference, we just had a RIP PM that had all 23 players, the host, and four audience members.

We did the same for the Mafia PM after the game.

I'm with Vaan on this one. This is a bit of a culture shock. I can still play but my access will be more limited and admittedly less thorough.

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
I guess it’s just impractical if one person happens to not be maf. It’s REALLY simple. Like, you can literally go to an old game of ours in the DGames compendium, find a quicktopic link from a mafia role PM (we post all PM’s usually at the end of a game), check out a quick topic and even post in it. It’s stupidly simple. But either way I’ll talk to marshy and we’ll decide what we’re gonna do once it comes around to making the PM’s and forming the mafia chat

#HBC | Gorf

Well realistically it doesn’t even matter since there wouldn’t be >10 scummies in a pm

Idk well decide later. Ultimately though it really is a nonissue both ways

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
\Except we traditionally invite people into mafia PMs post-game.

But then again, there's always enough room for one Premium pal to do the job :p

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
Premium users can invite an absurd amount of people.

For reference, we just had a RIP PM that had all 23 players, the host, and four audience members.

We did the same for the Mafia PM after the game.

I'm with Vaan on this one. This is a bit of a culture shock. I can still play but my access will be more limited and admittedly less thorough.
does anyone know if the person who CREATES the chat has to b premium? from unikorns post it sounds like theoretically like

lets say gorf and i make the wolf chat pm. theres 9 ppl in there and none are premium. unikorn dies in the game and then we invite him to the wolf chat pm

so cuz unikorn is a premium member suddenly we can invite up to 40 other ppl? am i understanding this correctly?

at any rate i ask yall give it a chance and dont fret too much. regardless of what we choose its pretty simple. like

riRWVgE92tg

thats an example of a quicktopic used by wolves. if we can get more feedback/verification with regards to the role pm thing then yeah that could theoretically work as well so let us know and we will figure it out so all parties can b at ease

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
does anyone know if the person who CREATES the chat has to b premium? from unikorns post it sounds like theoretically like

lets say gorf and i make the wolf chat pm. theres 9 ppl in there and none are premium. unikorn dies in the game and then we invite him to the wolf chat pm

so cuz unikorn is a premium member suddenly we can invite up to 40 other ppl? am i understanding this correctly?
I recall us using Swamp to invite people in one of the mafia game's PMs.

I know it was Capcom Mafia because I remember me cracking a joke about how literally no one in the mafia PM was Premium at the time.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988

at any rate i ask yall give it a chance and dont fret too much. regardless of what we choose its pretty simple. like

riRWVgE92tg

thats an example of a quicktopic used by wolves. if we can get more feedback/verification with regards to the role pm thing then yeah that could theoretically work as well so let us know and we will figure it out so all parties can b at ease
My mafia game I didn’t have premium and we still had over 20 people in the pm.

Natz~

Full of Hugs and Fire~
in games hosted here we’ve used a site called quicktopic.com to set up rooms where people can send messages. mafia receives the link in their role pm and mafia chat is recorded there. the benefit to that is that once the game is over, i can post the link in thread for those curious to read what the mafia was talking about during the game. that’s impossible with pm’s. if that is too taxing of a process though doing pm’s isn’t the end of the world. there’s also no signup for the website, just enter a name and enter your message and boom
hm...hm...hm....okay katt will agree to this

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
ATTENTION

I WOULD LIKE EVERYONE THAT IS PLAYING TO GIVE ME SOME SORT OF CONFIRMATION BETWEEN TODAY AND TOMORROW THAT THEYRE DEFINITELY IN IT TO PLAY THE GAME.

I always get antsy with what to do when faced with inactivity in games I host, and I’d like to minimize the headache as much as possible.

Im gonna be making the flavor, and the game should start either Monday or Tuesday at 12:00 PM, depending on how long the site maintenance takes.

I’m friggin hyped
/Confirm

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
In our games we could PM each other at Night phases to talk privately, I'm guessing that's out?

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
I think we all need a quick run through of all the House rules.

#HBC | Gorf

THE RULES FOR THE GAME HAVE BEEN EDITED INTO THE OP. PLEASE READ THE RULES AND ASK ANY QUESTIONS YOU MAY HAVE

You are only permitted to communicate at Night if you are given permission in your Role PM. Town is assumed not to and Mafia absolutely does amongst eachother. So if you’re town you can’t PM at Night. If you’re mafia you can. Make sense?

#HBC | Gorf

and before you ask, yes mafia can also privately communicate with eachother during the Day and town can’t.

Last edited:

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Bastardry
lol it's not censored

Dead players are allowed to ****post in-thread occasionally
Just like home~ :b:

Post in English. An occasional post in another language is okay, but most should be in English. This is DGamesia. We speak English 'round here.
-grumbles in French-

Assuming your role PM does not say otherwise, breaking any sort of posting restriction will result in a punishment of having a vote on you, meaning you take one less to lynch.
That's actually really good. Wish us NZers had thought of it.

This game is villagers vs. wolves only.
Werewolf?

But... the thread title says mafia.

I'M CONFUSED :confused:

You do not have to unvote to switch who you are voting for.
OH MY ****ING GOD! QUALITY OF LIFE IMPROVEMENTS :V

Natz~

Full of Hugs and Fire~
THE RULES FOR THE GAME HAVE BEEN EDITED INTO THE OP. PLEASE READ THE RULES AND ASK ANY QUESTIONS YOU MAY HAVE

You are only permitted to communicate at Night if you are given permission in your Role PM. Town is assumed not to and Mafia absolutely does amongst eachother. So if you’re town you can’t PM at Night. If you’re mafia you can. Make sense?
wait wait wati...so town can't pm eachother?

only mafia can pm mafia?

so...all convos have to happen during the day?

thats...new...not really against but it certainly makes the night phase more boring...anyway will check rules out in a sec :V

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
Alright then, consider me re-confirmed.

#HBC | Gorf

Town can’t pm eachother.

Only mafia can pm mafia.

All convos have to happen during the Day and in the thread.

Constant and private communication is an advantage that mafia has on town and balances the fact that they’re severely outnumbered. It’s actually incredibly standard for forum mafia

Last edited:

Natz~

Full of Hugs and Fire~
huh so ya, it is more akin to say werewolf social or ToS

in other words what i played before fourm mafia :V

alright katt understands~

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
I've always preferred talking openly anyways.

I think only in a Free-for-all setting would I really take full advantage of private chats.

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
its new for fourm mafia which i've been used to for the passed few months :V
Our games are Role Madness, half the game is just figuring out what the other townies can do, irrespective of who is mafia.

This one is more pared down. Since it's specifically labeled as "Bastardry: None", that means there's no third parties, no secret win conditions, I'm assuming no non-standard roles at all.

A basic battle of wits, you'll do great.

Natz~

Full of Hugs and Fire~
Our games are Role Madness, half the game is just figuring out what the other townies can do, irrespective of who is mafia.

This one is more pared down. Since it's specifically labeled as "Bastardry: None", that means there's no third parties, no secret win conditions, I'm assuming no non-standard roles at all.
ah so thats why

well thank ya for explaining~
.....your giving me way to much credit dude

i'm good at creativity and working at what i got

when it comes to wits and intellect katts an idiot .-.

unless you mean mind games in which case i can do that :V katts good at dancing with people

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988

Or everyone will go after her immediately because of how she did the last games.

Top Bottom