• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Decisive Games Mafia: THE NINTENZONE SOCIAL INVASION! Day 4 ends at 3:00 PM EST 6/12/18

BarDulL

Town Vampire
With that said, ****posting from non-players was suggested to being kept at minimum to not kill the flow of the game with tons of non-player content.
This honestly sounds really fun. It would definitely clutter up the thread, but with a group of friends that know each other, it's a fun way to still be involved and have a good time.

and you literally were our number one enemy for the mafia, that damn hiding gambit screwed up so much :laugh:

respond :V

anyway, nope i'm now in offical in the game

i got crushers role now and am in, still waiting on the role pm cuase gorf only has mobile but besides that katts here :V
Until Gorf makes the announcement in-thread and adds you to the living player list, you're technically not in the game...I'm not trying to be a meanie I swear D:

Welp.

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
It’s because you post without content
I have more content in my right pinky finger than you do in your entire body.

Seriously though, there are others, like I said, that don't offer who they are or even put down a vote, nor have they been posting, but you prioritize me. Your intent is clear.

your vote was on me for reasons that have been cleared up yet you continued to sit on your vote and post nothing that could be considered scum hunting. You know how I feel about multiple slots in this game, which is what’s relevant in mafia. Our claims are not, which you acknowledge, yet you still claim to believe stating what player you are removed you from being required to scum hunt.
As far as we know who we are isn't relevant, but it isn't confirmed. I'm curious about how you, a player that is familiar with the people in our role PMs, isn't curious at all in trying to figure out who is in and, to back it up, what kinda claims Gorf makes about them in their PM.

Or you could state your opinions on Pokechu and the push against him, Crusher and the push against him. How do you feel about Shisoe and Stoopid?
Pokechu is curious. Originally this game was going to be quite large, but now smaller, we have a sample PM that is used as an actual role. It certainly wouldn't have been done on Gorf's part by a lack of other options. As for his wagon, people tend to do that to him, as has been stated already. A large number of people jumping on him does indicate the possibility that he's town, although it is possible for such a wagon to form on him without any mafia moving a finger because as stated, we tend to be kinda hard on him. Mafia would likely be disinclined to "bus" him so freely because the wagon getting out of hand is a strong, very real possibility.

Haven't been on SB a ton right now. Not many thoughts about the others yet.

Natz~

Full of Hugs and Fire~
This honestly sounds really fun. It would definitely clutter up the thread, but with a group of friends that know each other, it's a fun way to still be involved and have a good time.

Until Gorf makes the announcement in-thread and adds you to the living player list, you're technically not in the game..
gotcha :V
.I'm not trying to be a meanie I swear D:

Welp.

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
Is it safe to assume all of Crusher's votes will transfer to Natz?

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
With that said, if Natz replacing Crusher really is true...

##Unvote

I seriously don't want to vote for her because of something the person she's replacing did. It's just not fair to me.

And that's saying a lot since I've sworn revenge on her for Villains Mafia. :V

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
With that said, if Natz replacing Crusher really is true...

##Unvote

I seriously don't want to vote for her because of something the person she's replacing did. It's just not fair to me.

And that's saying a lot since I've sworn revenge on her for Villains Mafia. :V
While I can see where you're coming from, we're still trying to win (or at least I am; I dunno if you're trying to protect a scummate or just usgenuinely feel bad for the lady that got hit by a tree and a bad replacement the same week). Because of that and in the spirit of using all available info, I'm keeping my vote on the slot that looks scummiest to me; it's nothing against her, I just don't trust the slot after crumbling under the first sign of pressure and not being able to support their bandwagoning lol.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
While I can see where you're coming from, we're still trying to win (or at least I am; I dunno if you're trying to protect a scummate or just usgenuinely feel bad for the lady that got hit by a tree and a bad replacement the same week). Because of that and in the spirit of using all available info, I'm keeping my vote on the slot that looks scummiest to me; it's nothing against her, I just don't trust the slot after crumbling under the first sign of pressure and not being able to support their bandwagoning lol.
I feel bad for my online bestie who just has some horrible luck this week.

I'd like to let her play a little bit before voting her off.

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
i never voted but ##Unvote just in case

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
Anyways, we need to come to some sort of conclusion over the next three to four hours... A votecount and a refresher on the deadline would be good ( #HBC | Gorf #HBC | Gorf , in case you aren't getting tagged enough lol).

BarDulL

Town Vampire
Hmmm, well we can afford to no lynch as well. I have a bad feeling that tomorrow will be a bit, well, dry, but it is what it is.

##Unvote

Without a general consensus, rushing the vote doesn’t seem fruitful at this point.

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
Hmmm, well we can afford to no lynch as well. I have a bad feeling that tomorrow will be a bit, well, dry, but it is what it is.

##Unvote

Without a general consensus, rushing the vote doesn’t seem fruitful at this point.
Shouldn't we wait until we have more info to deliberate on? I agree that we don't want to force a vote that nobody wants, but we have at least a couple good options. If scum kills an inactive player, we'll have practically nothing to go off of D2 and be back to square one with no extra phase.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
Shouldn't we wait until we have more info to deliberate on? I agree that we don't want to force a vote that nobody wants, but we have at least a couple good options. If scum kills an inactive player, we'll have practically nothing to go off of D2 and be back to square one with no extra phase.
I agree, buuuut the posting volume right now isn’t impressive and I feel people are reluctant to make a decision on who to lynch. I could be wrong of course; if we can generate aforementioned posting volume, I will gladly throw my vote to at least get something going. I just suspect day 1 is going to fizzle out without much action.

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
I agree, buuuut the posting volume right now isn’t impressive and I feel people are reluctant to make a decision on who to lynch. I could be wrong of course; if we can generate aforementioned posting volume, I will gladly throw my vote to at least get something going. I just suspect day 1 is going to fizzle out without much action.
Why don't you throw up a vote, then? It can't hurt, and the worst that can happen is we can see where your head's at at the end of D1 (that double at felt nasty lol).

BarDulL

Town Vampire
Why don't you throw up a vote, then? It can't hurt, and the worst that can happen is we can see where your head's at at the end of D1 (that double at felt nasty lol).
You trying to play semantics with me, my boy? Back in my day we just bum rushed a lynch and called it a day, nowadays people just sit on their hands and...

*cough*

But yeah I think it's clear I was aiming for Crushmania, and unvoted as a way to signal that I was resigning to a no lynch once it became apparent that we just didn't have the post volume. I would still be taking aim at Crushmania's slot otherwise.

I think it's fair to say based on this post that we can both agree about my point about volume.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
Let me rephrase: I feel that consensus is not agreeable at the moment for Town for probably a multitude of reasons, but ultimately I think it's a futile attempt to press things and just wait to see what happens. This is an assumption I am making but I think it's a safe one to make.

D

Deleted member

If Chu is Mafia, look into:
-Holder of the Heel
-Swampasaur

If Chu is Town, look into:
-Spak
-Maven
Bringing this back because Smashboards won't show posts that are a day old in search results for some reason.
My suspicion of Spak is growing even more right now, actually.
If I die this next Night, please take this list into consideration.

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Holding off your vote until a bunch of others pick one person for you so you can hop onto the end of the wagon?

Doesn't sound very good to me.

I'd be fine with Bardull getting the rope.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
Holding off your vote until a bunch of others pick one person for you so you can hop onto the end of the wagon?

Doesn't sound very good to me.

I'd be fine with Bardull getting the rope.
You could make this argument for literally that isn't voting right now. The difference with me is that I'm transparent with my thought process and contributing to discussion.

Maaaaan don't pick me on I just don't think people want to do stuff and don't want to push it. :(

BarDulL

Town Vampire
Ok fine you guys. Here:

##Vote: Crushmania

You're only going to prove my point when the day ends pretty soon. :mad:

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
You could make this argument for literally that isn't voting right now. The difference with me is that I'm transparent with my thought process and contributing to discussion.

Maaaaan don't pick me on I just don't think people want to do stuff and don't want to push it. :(
Sure, everyone pulling their punches don't look good to me, makes everything that came before it seem just for show. Pretty lame.

You're right, you've been transparent. I pick you out personally because you've voiced that opinion multiple times. Earlier I was considering calling you out for the fact that you voted for Crusher then posted as if you're reluctant about the lynch falling on him and asking for others to put out a case for you on someone else. I held off because of your post criticizing him. But now I see you backing off because you are scared of not standing with a majority, so yeah I'm saying something now.

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Welp, guess I should've checked that new reply before posting lol.

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
EBWOP: Playing League now, will be back before deadline.

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Ok fine you guys. Here:

##Vote: Crushmania

You're only going to prove my point when the day ends pretty soon. :mad:
What point? Kinda sounds like you "know" that his lynch won't flip up mafia.

Omar_25

Smash Superstar
Fair lol.

Any particular reason, or just gut?

Also, I see Omar_25 Omar_25 viewing the thread. Good to see you again my man, you should join another Mafia game sometime soon.
Hey, good to see you to. It's been a while. Didn't expect to get a shout out in here, lol.

I'll consider joining whenever there's another game. Reading through this game has renewed my interest in mafia.

Omar is a veteran?

WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL ME YOU HAD THESE SORTS OF GAMES, OMAR?!

Also, it's been a while lol
It has indeed been a while.

I played once. And I sucked. Like, I think I was called out as mafia within the first day or so. Hopefully I won't be as bad as I was back then if I join another game, lol.

Members who aren't in the game can post here right? Hopefully I'm not interrupting.

Last edited:

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
It has indeed been a while.

I played once. And I sucked. Like, I think I was called out as mafia within the first day or so. Hopefully I won't be as bad as I was back then if I join another game, lol.
Don't worry.

I sucked at my first game with the NintenZone guys too.

You'll be better in no time. :)

Members who aren't in the game can post here right? Hopefully I'm not interrupting.
Occasional ****posting only.

But it's alright for this one.

D

Deleted member

Fair lol.

Any particular reason, or just gut?

Also, I see Omar_25 Omar_25 viewing the thread. Good to see you again my man, you should join another Mafia game sometime soon.
Suggesting votes for the sake of it alongside an initial gut feeling.
For now, I don't want to push you because what I have is mostly cirumstancial and it depends on what alignment Pokechu is.

Oh yeah, to add on that post from before, if Pokechu flips and he's Mafia, also remember to look into Opossum. His reasoning for unvoting Pokechu is contradictory on its own.

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
Oh yeah, to add on that post from before, if Pokechu flips and he's Mafia, also remember to look into Opossum. His reasoning for unvoting Pokechu is contradictory on its own.
What's contradictory?

BarDulL

Town Vampire
Sure, everyone pulling their punches don't look good to me, makes everything that came before it seem just for show. Pretty lame.

You're right, you've been transparent. I pick you out personally because you've voiced that opinion multiple times. Earlier I was considering calling you out for the fact that you voted for Crusher then posted as if you're reluctant about the lynch falling on him and asking for others to put out a case for you on someone else. I held off because of your post criticizing him. But now I see you backing off because you are scared of not standing with a majority, so yeah I'm saying something now.
I did not ask for people to put out a case "for me." I asked people to put out a case or an opinion because that is how we can develop connections and a paper trail later on. I'm not the type to authoritatively force Town to go with my push, and I feel that promoting other opinions to gather consensus is fruitful. Do you not agree with this line of thinking?

Sure, you can say that I may be scum trying to get people to make a case so I can bandwagon later on, it's possible, but wouldn't it have been better to wait for me to do this rather than pre-emptively call me out on something that I haven't done yet?

What point?
The point I made earlier was that the post volume was too low and clearly no one wants to get their hands dirty, even when I tried to get Town to move forward by asking people where they think we should go, therefore my vote is meaningless. Spak raised the point that I may as well have it up for everyone to see where my head's at; I think it's clear that I wanted to get a lynch going and felt Crushmania was a good choice.

Kinda sounds like you "know" that his lynch won't flip up mafia
I'm not sure where this inkling of suspicion came from. What makes you think I "knew" he was Town?

Riddle me this: if I am scum, and I know Crushmania is Town, where is the merit in unvoting when there's a chance we could get his lynch to happen on Day 1?

That said, I do not understand your rationale as to why you think I am privy to this information. :confused:

D

Deleted member

vaanrose vaanrose
So I slept on it, and I think I'm gonna

##Unvote: Pokechu

The flavor did say No Bastardry, and I don't think Pokechu would boldly and dumbly claim the sample role without actually being the sample role.
Acknowledges "No bastardry" as a fact yet believes a Role PM would be pubicly visible.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
I'm not sure where this inkling of suspicion came from. What makes you think I "knew" he was Town?

Riddle me this: if I am scum, and I know Crushmania is Town, where is the merit in unvoting when there's a chance we could get his lynch to happen on Day 1?

That said, I do not understand your rationale as to why you think I am privy to this information. :confused:
Before someone points this out, there is technically still a hypothetical chance that Crush's lynch could happen, even if I don't think it will. :p

I know I know, shh.

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
honestly ngl if y'all don't have any ideas on who to lynch it wouldn't be a bad idea to lynch me, i know that if someone claimed the sample role PM that I'd always fear that they're mafia and that it might be best to kill them regardless so that if they are mafia they aren't coasting through the game

Plus crusher might not actually still be in so votes for him might just go to Natz, who doesn't deserve to die based off of our suspicion of Crusher

Last edited:
Top Bottom