• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Decisive Games Mafia: THE NINTENZONE SOCIAL INVASION! Day 4 ends at 3:00 PM EST 6/12/18

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
So my theory which I don’t really put full faith into just it’s a possibility. Is that golden helped get rid of spak to gain trust. After all spak claimed to have no power. If that’s true then why keep him around?
Spak wasn't even on anybody's radar. Golden's the only reason he's dead. That's a hell of a gamble to just throw a teammate to the wolves when no one suspects them yet.

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
So Bardul was Dgamer playing an NZoner (Aem) and Spak was Dgamer playing an NZoner (RamOne).

Conclusion: This game is NZone as DGames vs DGames as NZone.

##Vote:Maven

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
So Bardul was Dgamer playing an NZoner (Aem) and Spak was Dgamer playing an NZoner (RamOne).

This is a very likely possibility.

Let’s see where it goes:

##Vote:Maven89

Natz~

Full of Hugs and Fire~
well either way goldie lives and we can move on

i'll say thats pretty golden :V

##Vote:Maven89

this time only 6 votes needed, so lets get 3 more on him

Natz~

Full of Hugs and Fire~
though i would like to point out

if maven is mafia and the game doesn't end

one of us NZers are indeed mafia

D

Deleted member

I will be honest, I don't think it's that simple and that at least one of us NintenZoners is a Mafia as another NintenZoner while Maven is another Decisive Gamer. It would be a bit unfair to the trio if they ALL had a connection between them that singles them out as Mafia.

But the Town roles being Decisive Gamers and the Mafia roles being NintenZoners now explains to me the whole "Invasion" theme. Clever.

D

Deleted member

The only way to know for sure though would be to sacrifice the remaining DG player and see his role on flip.

##Vote: Maven89

Natz~

Full of Hugs and Fire~

I will be honest, I don't think it's that simple and that at least one of us NintenZoners is a Mafia as another NintenZoner while Maven is another Decisive Gamer. It would be a bit unfair to the trio if they ALL had a connection between them that singles them out as Mafia.

But the Town roles being Decisive Gamers and the Mafia roles being NintenZoners now explains to me the whole "Invasion" theme. Clever.
i'm honestly betting on a 4th maffia member here, and with maven dead theres only 3 left

shish retelling the last day puts considerable doubt on maven regradless before we knew spak was scum

Natz~

Full of Hugs and Fire~
i'm honestly betting on a 4th maffia member here, and with maven dead theres only 3 left
i think i got distracted by the i knew that you knew that i knew playing in the backgroudn that i got confused lol

i meant that we got 3 DGers here, with the rest being us NZers,

so that i'm betting one of us is a mafia...

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
i think i got distracted by the i knew that you knew that i knew playing in the backgroudn that i got confused lol

i meant that we got 3 DGers here, with the rest being us NZers,

so that i'm betting one of us is a mafia...
If I can engage in a bit of meta-gaming here. Ranmaru was one of the last people to drop out of the game, right before it started. With him there would have been four Dgames players. It's likely the mods were forced to swap in an Nzoner when he exited at the last minute, for the sake of balance.

Maven89

Smash Master
Oh **** the game started back up

I’ll try to get my last post in, I request that you allow me to do that. I feel like I’m gonna die anywysgd, but at least let me finish rereading and post my final thoughts before you kill me, so you can look back on it after my flip. It’ll tonight so you don’t have to wait long

Natz~

Full of Hugs and Fire~
If I can engage in a bit of meta-gaming here. Ranmaru was one of the last people to drop out of the game, right before it started. With him there would have been four Dgames players. It's likely the mods were forced to swap in an Nzoner when he exited at the last minute, for the sake of balance.
thats a fair idea there

but....i really don't get the balance here...intentionally...

i mean it makes perfect sense for the flavor and crap, but at the same time gorf had to be aware that we would of come up to this conclusion at the same time

if he purposely implemented this, he kinda shot his own foot with balance....

if this all happened by pure coincidence then thats just hilarious, but if he actually purposely put the DGers as the mafia...he must of been aware of the potential snowball effect...

Maven89

Smash Master
So I'm Cello_Marth, vanilla townie. I actually don't know who this is, I never played with them. Since i'm the last Dgamer, I'll just state that there's a single claim by someone saying who they are that immediatly pinged me as the person probably being a PR, part of the reason I was against everyone claiming their roles. It's probably impossible to know who the mafia are based on that, but it'd be easier to know who the PR's are. The fact that this person didn't die and Unicorn did made me think there were no Dgamers in the mafia.

On Eor: He's the founder of Dgames, but he was also banned shortly afterwards and didn't actually play here that much. Because he was the founder, it's likely that he'd be a player, though since he didn't play much it also makes sense that he'd just be a sample Pm. Either way he'd probably be mentioned. If it was another player Pokechu claimed, I'd find it impossible.

My current read list is as follows in no real order

Confirmed Town:

1. Holder- he pinpointed and led the Bardull lynch. He was flagging me early by posting without much contribution (his first three points), and when I tried to get him to post more he got extremely defensive. I didn't know what to make of this, but now I think he was just offended by what I said. Either way, I think he's reliably town.

2. Natz - was originally Crusher, and both Spak/Bardull tried to lynch this slot day 1. Also wanted to quicklynch Spak and tried to get Spak to kill himself, not somethign I agree with tactically but since Spak is mafia it again makes it likely this slot is town.

3. Golden - tracker, proven tracker, got Spak lynched. Pretty obvious town read.

4. Z25 - Jailer. There was a possibility that this was a false claim and he was really an RB, but the lack of counter claim and the proof of no kill last night when he targeted the tracker (an obvious choice who confirmed he was Rb'd) proves that he's town.

LIkely town:

Vaanrose - seems to be seriously scum hunting and overall I like his posts.

Shishoe - His tunneling of Pokechu is incredible. I don't see this as scum motivated. If there were third parties I'd consider him likely to be an independent, but with that option precluded I can only see this as a town move. It's too extreme to be a bus, and would throw too much suspicion on him to tunnel a town player to death.

Null:

Pokechu - Both of the mafia were on to him, both backed off when they saw an opportunity too. It might be they saw his lynch wasn't likely to happen. It could be they were saving a scum buddy. I don't feel comfortable putting him in either pile.

Scum Lean:

Swampasaurus - check this guy's posts. He hasn't scum hunted once. His excuse for this is that he's busy (which I don't doubt), but despite that he's found time to make multiple posts, each time seemingly up to date with what's going on. Compare this to every other inactive. He's coasting by, posting meta comments and not trying to find scum. The only time he did, it was voting Crusher along with Spak (and later joined by Bardul)

Posts like this

So let me get this straight. Z25 is claiming jailer and says he jailed Shish last night.

Eh. Could be a collaborated lie but I'll buy it for now.
Seem like he's wants to keep the option of lynching the jailer open while throwing out the idea that it's part of a scheme.

Rumor has it that Golden is dating Hulk Hogan.

Hogan is the small spoon.
Shows he's read up enough to post jokes but choses to not engage in scum hunting

He's also Gheb_01, a normally salty player. I don't know if that can be relevant or not, but again, since I'm the only person alive who knows these people I'll just throw it out there. Gheb isn't bad but he's known for lacking a strong ability to persuade people and getting pissed when he's not listened to. Being mafia could fit.

I'm tired as **** right now and re-reading the game is tiring work, so I'm just going to make the rest quick.

2. Possum - not a fan of content, pushed back lynches at the start of every day and has a general lack of content.

3. Corpiricuucucusucsucuscuss - has done what exactly?

If I had to kill 3 people I'd kill the last three, and focus on Possum and Swampasaurus. If Swamp has a meta of what he's doing then I'd focus on Possum.

I don't know why Bardul saved me, but I think the likeliest answer is that he didn't care, he knew we were both town so why not save one to draw a connection? The other option is that he saw I was actually upset over how I was going to die and tried to save me out of the kidness of his own heart. Or maybe he thought I was going to die anyways since the deadline had passed as he thought his vote would be an empty vote that could give him town credit since he "moved" off the town lynch. If he did it to draw a connection between us then it was a great play and my hats off to him for killing me.

I actually did see God Robert's Post that Holder was talking about, but I misread it. Honestly. It's strangely worded, and I read it as "Does anyone even have a PR" instead of "Does everyone even have a PR". So, boo to me for illiteracy.

Either way, I had fun, and hope you guys take a harder look at the three I mentioned after I die and flip as I claim. At the very least put some pressure on Swamp to throw some reads down. My gut would put him as target #1.

Maven89

Smash Master
2. Possum - not a fan of content, pushed back lynches at the start of every day and has a general lack of content.
meant to say "bad lynches", by that I really meant this post

Hmm. Wonder what was so confusing about a vanilla townie role.

##Vote: Pokechu

Call it a hunch, but maybe there's a reason he's been given so many warnings, as to not kill a Mafia member. Maybe that's completely baseless though. I'm open to other ideas.
Seems so weak of a push that he's openly undermining the same time he says it.

Natz~

Full of Hugs and Fire~
Scum Lean:

Swampasaurus - check this guy's posts. He hasn't scum hunted once. His excuse for this is that he's busy (which I don't doubt), but despite that he's found time to make multiple posts, each time seemingly up to date with what's going on. Compare this to every other inactive. He's coasting by, posting meta comments and not trying to find scum. The only time he did, it was voting Crusher along with Spak (and later joined by Bardul)

Posts like this

Seem like he's wants to keep the option of lynching the jailer open while throwing out the idea that it's part of a scheme.

Shows he's read up enough to post jokes but choses to not engage in scum hunting

He's also Gheb_01, a normally salty player. I don't know if that can be relevant or not, but again, since I'm the only person alive who knows these people I'll just throw it out there. Gheb isn't bad but he's known for lacking a strong ability to persuade people and getting pissed when he's not listened to. Being mafia could fit.
as much as i loath to agree with our most likely lead

this is pretty much my thoughts as well yesterday, i mentioned it before that i had a suspicion because a player was acting incredibly off than how they normally play and that is swamp. usually swamp is on things or at least helping from afar, instead heres hes being awfully passive and the post he quoted at the time made me thought he didn't actually know what was going on....of course e3 was going on and other things but still....swamp gave me an incredibly off feeling before bardul got random lynched, but i really didn't want to say it out loud dued to flashbacks from the ffa mafia game and i pretty much was asleep most of that day, and as it stands its really only just an off feeling that can be excused

still i do agree that swamp seems off from how he plays other games

D

Deleted member

thats 6 votes on maven

5 unvoted
Welp, that's a rip

If the game continues after his death, I was wondering how much time we could afford. Guess I don't have to worry as Mafia either has 1-2 members left

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

Let's test it out.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I would say there is definitely one more mafia left after this. Two of them were goons and the game has a decent amount of players even if some are inactive. So 4 mafia seems pretty fair/likely

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
Votecount (Voted | Voting)

Maven89 (6): vaanrose, Z25, Natz~, GoldenYuiitusin, Holder of the Heel, Shishœ
Not voting (5): The rest

Maven89 (Cello_Marl, Vanilla Townie) was lynched!

Night 4 begins! Send your Night actions by 12:00 midnight, if you send them earlier the Day will start earlier bla bla bla

Today since I wasn't called for work I'm actually gonna take the time to edit in the flavor that I've been lazing out on

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
bla bla bla flavor

Z25 (J, Town Jailer) was killed during the Night!

Day 5 begins! The Day will end by 8:00 AM (again, the Day can be cut short if you reach a majority lynch, and I miiiiiiight end the Day a hare early if it means not be extremely late because of my work schedule (and by that I mean by like 15-20 minutes, I will give a warning if I decide to do that)) on Wednesday, 6/13/18!

D

Deleted member

Welp, guess I was wrong about Maven, so Spak and Bardull being Mafia was just a coincidence.
I'd reread all of Spak's posts to find a connection but I've had a stressful day

@GoldenYuiitusin
I'm gonna assume Z25 jailed you or did your Track go through?

D

Deleted member

Shouldn't have jailed me a second time, Z....

##Vote: Holder of the Heel

You went after Maven despite Spak being the big target, then went after Maven again without question or saying anything at all.
Spak ended up being scum, Maven didn't.

D

Deleted member

Welp, guess I was wrong about Maven, so Spak and Bardull being Mafia was just a coincidence.
I'd reread all of Spak's posts to find a connection but I've had a stressful day

@GoldenYuiitusin
I'm gonna assume Z25 jailed you or did your Track go through?
Unless there's a Roleblocker, I was Jailed.

Natz~

Full of Hugs and Fire~
well....9 of us remain...and we got about 2 more mafia left i believe...

hm...

well...we got leads, i recomend we get some flavor claims and role claims out from mavens scumlist, swamp, oppo, and cori

thats where i think we should start at least

oh.....ya okay dude? anything ya wanna vent on about?

D

Deleted member

well....9 of us remain...and we got about 2 more mafia left i believe...

hm...

well...we got leads, i recomend we get some flavor claims and role claims out from mavens scumlist, swamp, oppo, and cori

thats where i think we should start at least

oh.....ya okay dude? anything ya wanna vent on about?
It's just college stuff, end of semester and all of that.
But **** my history of film professor, I hate him.

Anyways, I think I'll just follow Golden's lead on this

##Vote: Holder of the Heel

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
Voting for Holder is dumb. Sure, he wanted Maven out, but after Spak we all did, and he was the one that started us on the path to lynching Bardul when the rest of us were arguing Shish v Pokechu or calling to vote out inactives. He's basically the only non-confirmed townie I'm confident trusting is town completely. There's zero strategy throwing a teammate under the bus when none of us are on to him in the first place.

With that out of the way, it seems like Golden is the only one in the game capable of actually proving who a mafia member is beyond a shadow of a doubt, and he can only do that if he chooses to track a mafia player. The rest of us can't do squat but conjecture. Fortunately it's gotten us one mafia kill. If it weren't for Golden tracking Spak, I would've voted for Maven that day. He would've flopped town and it's unlikely we would have jumped on Spak just for being DGames after that.

Golden is the mvp and the mafia clearly knows it, since nobody was killed the night Golden was jailed. He was clearly their target. Unfortunately Z25 jailed him again last night, and it's unlikely Golden will get to track again tonight with no one to protect him.

I've been calling to lynch inactives all game out of a personal bias against them, but I think the limited role interaction has given the mafia a viable strategy. All they have to do is not get on Golden's radar. If they don't do anything to arouse Golden's suspicion, they won't get tracked and no one will be able to prove they're mafia.

Which brings me to fingering time.

Opo posted relatively often the first couple days, did some light scum hunting, contributed to lynch votes. But once Golden claimed tracker, he vanished. He posted once yesterday, just to make a simple joke. No vote. No theorizing. Nothing to draw attention to himself.

Swamp, too, has basically posted nothing of substance all game, nothing committal, little to no attempt to point fingers at potential scum. I think the only thing of substance he's done all game is defend Pokechu. But especially after Golden claimed tracker, he seems to have clammed up even further.

Cori? Cori's just been a.f.k. all game already and has never contributed a vote.

If they never accuse anybody that flops town, they never make people suspicious, Golden never tracks them. They avoid detection and coast along to the end of the game.

When it comes down to picking which one of the three to lynch, I see a legitimate argument for all three of them, so I'm just going to take a gamble on it and go with my gut. I voted for GRC because he was inactive. Opo did NOT. But even though it lead directly to the town vigilante's death, he posted first thing the following morning with a vote for Yellowlord, saying voting for inactives was a good strategy, directly after it had proven otherwise. He chose Yellow instead of Cori, despite Yellow saying he'd try to be more active.

It's possible he thought I'd continue my push for inactives when I woke up that day, and wanted to get the ball rolling for Yellow instead of Cori. Indeed, I cast my vote for Yellow precisely because he already had a vote. I switched to Cori only at the last minute when Yellow started posting more. But even if it wasn't a gambit to deflect off Cori on to Yellow, it may still have been a gambit to get an early lynch train on a townie based on the way two other town members had voted the day before. He probably figured I'd continue voting this way (which I did) and may have even thought Maven might, too.

##Vote: Opossum

Natz~

Full of Hugs and Fire~
Voting for Holder is dumb. Sure, he wanted Maven out, but after Spak we all did, and he was the one that started us on the path to lynching Bardul when the rest of us were arguing Shish v Pokechu or calling to vote out inactives. He's basically the only non-confirmed townie I'm confident trusting is town completely. There's zero strategy throwing a teammate under the bus when none of us are on to him in the first place.
what the **** have my actions been then? :V

is katt now chopped liver to your eyes? :(

though ya i'm with ya, i said it a few hours ago, we stick to his list, they got bigger cases to point on out than holder

i feel swamp got a bigger hole on gut feeling but i'll join ya in oppo

It's just college stuff, end of semester and all of that.
But **** my history of film professor, I hate him.
ah i see dude

still hope everythings alright :/

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

With that out of the way, it seems like Golden is the only one in the game capable of actually proving who a mafia member is beyond a shadow of a doubt, and he can only do that if he chooses to track a mafia player. The rest of us can't do squat but conjecture. Fortunately it's gotten us one mafia kill. If it weren't for Golden tracking Spak, I would've voted for Maven that day. He would've flopped town and it's unlikely we would have jumped on Spak just for being DGames after that.

Golden is the mvp and the mafia clearly knows it, since nobody was killed the night Golden was jailed. He was clearly their target. Unfortunately Z25 jailed him again last night, and it's unlikely Golden will get to track again tonight with no one to protect him.

I've been calling to lynch inactives all game out of a personal bias against them, but I think the limited role interaction has given the mafia a viable strategy. All they have to do is not get on Golden's radar. If they don't do anything to arouse Golden's suspicion, they won't get tracked and no one will be able to prove they're mafia.

Which brings me to fingering time.

Opo posted relatively often the first couple days, did some light scum hunting, contributed to lynch votes. But once Golden claimed tracker, he vanished. He posted once yesterday, just to make a simple joke. No vote. No theorizing. Nothing to draw attention to himself.

Swamp, too, has basically posted nothing of substance all game, nothing committal, little to no attempt to point fingers at potential scum. I think the only thing of substance he's done all game is defend Pokechu. But especially after Golden claimed tracker, he seems to have clammed up even further.

Cori? Cori's just been a.f.k. all game already and has never contributed a vote.

If they never accuse anybody that flops town, they never make people suspicious, Golden never tracks them. They avoid detection and coast along to the end of the game.

When it comes down to picking which one of the three to lynch, I see a legitimate argument for all three of them, so I'm just going to take a gamble on it and go with my gut. I voted for GRC because he was inactive. Opo did NOT. But even though it lead directly to the town vigilante's death, he posted first thing the following morning with a vote for Yellowlord, saying voting for inactives was a good strategy, directly after it had proven otherwise. He chose Yellow instead of Cori, despite Yellow saying he'd try to be more active.

It's possible he thought I'd continue my push for inactives when I woke up that day, and wanted to get the ball rolling for Yellow instead of Cori. Indeed, I cast my vote for Yellow precisely because he already had a vote. I switched to Cori only at the last minute when Yellow started posting more. But even if it wasn't a gambit to deflect off Cori on to Yellow, it may still have been a gambit to get an early lynch train on a townie based on the way two other town members had voted the day before. He probably figured I'd continue voting this way (which I did) and may have even thought Maven might, too.

Nah, E3 hype has just been distracting me the last couple of phases lol.

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
he claimed the first day, xiivi and vanilla townie

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
though what makes me a little suspicious of opopopopo...

when Spak (not Spak-Man, just Spak. because im still not over it) claimed Role Cop he said he checked Yellow and Opo and both were vanilla. Maybe he said that in case we bought it, so we wouldn't have reason to look into Opo as Spak, our "role cop" said he was vanilla?

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
though what makes me a little suspicious of opopopopo...

when Spak (not Spak-Man, just Spak. because im still not over it) claimed Role Cop he said he checked Yellow and Opo and both were vanilla. Maybe he said that in case we bought it, so we wouldn't have reason to look into Opo as Spak, our "role cop" said he was vanilla?
Alternatively, he said it to cast suspicion over a vanilla townie.

I wouldn't take anything a mafioso said to mean anything one way or another.

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
Alternatively, he said it to cast suspicion over a vanilla townie.

I wouldn't take anything a mafioso said to mean anything one way or another.
Point taken. -3-

Just thought it was a little odd how he singled out Yellow who died and you who are still living. He could had said like Stoopid and Yellow but he chose you, Opo! You're special! Embarrass

Top Bottom