• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Decisive Games Mafia: THE NINTENZONE SOCIAL INVASION! Day 4 ends at 3:00 PM EST 6/12/18

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Actually Swamp Sensei Swamp Sensei Swamp Sensei Swamp Sensei your way too quiet compared to usual games. Where’s your fighting spirit? You usually love to help debate things in these games
I'm not that active for two reasons.

1. I'm finishing up college. All my final assignments are due on Monday.
2. Free time goes to Smash hype and checking for leaks.

I'll probably be more into it after Tuesday.

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
Roleblocker is the literal most common Mafia role, I bet it's safe to assume they have one this time around.
Based off of previous Mafia games, I don't think it's necessarily gaurenteed that there'd be a role blocker. Sure it's a more likely role, but I'd say that it's far from a safe assumption.
a known suspect.
Of what? Claiming the sample role? I know I jumped on Pokechu for that early on, but as I thought about it (and I think someone else brought it up), you'd have to be outlandisly stupid to fullclaim the sample role D1 if you thought it isn't out of the ordinary to get sample roles and to claim D1 (even to generate discussion). Furthermore, I've never seen scum so lazy that they use the sample role rather than trying to alter their given role to sound townie (or craft an entirely new role). I'm willing to call Pokechu's D1 claim a newbie mistake because from you and Pokechu's discourse thus far today, I don't think he's dumb enough to make the move that you're implying he did lol.
##Unvote:Shishœ

##Vote:Swampasaur
That was sudden lol. Well, if you're not voting for him:

##Vote: Shishoe

If he looks like a scum, swims like a scum, and quacks like a scum, he's probably a scum.
And with that I'm now convinced you and Pokechu are mafia buddies, no way you would get a vote off from me like this after constant arguing that I'm suspicious
What incentive would he have to unvote you if he was trying to get you lynched?

Also, either Z25 or Shish need to change their text colors. I got real confused a couple times while reading through lol.

D

Deleted member

Of what? Claiming the sample role? I know I jumped on Pokechu for that early on, but as I thought about it (and I think someone else brought it up), you'd have to be outlandisly stupid to fullclaim the sample role D1 if you thought it isn't out of the ordinary to get sample roles and to claim D1 (even to generate discussion). Furthermore, I've never seen scum so lazy that they use the sample role rather than trying to alter their given role to sound townie (or craft an entirely new role). I'm willing to call Pokechu's D1 claim a newbie mistake because from you and Pokechu's discourse thus far today, I don't think he's dumb enough to make the move that you're implying he did lol.
The whole claiming the sample Role PM is obviously a gamble, he wants us to think "no one would be stupid enough to fakeclaim it", it's reverse psychology. And it's in no way a "newbie" mistake, he's been playing with us since the beginning
That's exactly what I'm trying to get at. Doesn't help that he even changed his vote to another player just for being inactive, and Swamp has had more activity than Yellowlord so far.

I'm pretty sure Z25 and Pokechu are Mafia buddies with how they're acting right now but it doesn't seem like I'll get either of them lynched. So let's try something new

##Unvote: Pokechu
##Vote: Yellowlord

Yellowlord Yellowlord
Talk, now. You've already been asked to do so before and just came with an apology.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Based off of previous Mafia games, I don't think it's necessarily gaurenteed that there'd be a role blocker. Sure it's a more likely role, but I'd say that it's far from a safe assumption.

That was sudden lol. Well, if you're not voting for him:

##Vote: Shishoe

If he looks like a scum, swims like a scum, and quacks like a scum, he's probably a scum.

Also, either Z25 or Shish need to change their text colors. I got real confused a couple times while reading through lol.
lol you should have seen it before.

We both had zoroark in our names except he just had ing at the end and Beth were a coincidence lol

AmericanDJ

Marquess Ostia | Other Trap Butler ★
NNID
Derek123
3DS FC
1650-1984-4165
Switch FC
SW-7880-5897-7871
Coincidentally, they both have red text. :p

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
Talk, now. You've already been asked to do so before and just came with an apology.
I literally still have no idea what's going on in this thread, quite honestly. Plus, my head's been feeling really stressed and I just haven't been able to think clearly....

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
I literally still have no idea what's going on in this thread, quite honestly. Plus, my head's been feeling really stressed and I just haven't been able to think clearly....
I mean this is the nicest way possible, if you're not going to play, don't play. This game requires a certain amount of time commitment, and when a player is absent from all discussion, or never uses their ability, it only makes the game harder for the rest of us.

Last game we let some mafia live for too long because they were inactive. Hell, it even made things harder for the mafia because they had less opportunity to strategize among themselves. And the simple fact that you never used your ability prevented us from ever drawing conclusions about you. Right up to the very end you were still a mafia candidate and made it harder for us to find the real ones when you could have proven your role days earlier.

This game we killed our town Vig on day 1 because he only commented once during the whole first 36 hour phase. I even voted for him instead of you specifically because you promised to be more active after Friday.

Respectfully, when I voted for you I said I'd unvote you if you just contribute more. I'm not grilling you for info, or asking you to defend yourself. The nature of this game compared to our usual ones makes that a lot harder to do, anyway. But if you don't feel up to playing, my vote stays.

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
You literally just want to see me suspicious to see me that way.

I've already stated like the past, once again I am not mafia as fun as it would be.

As for removing your vote, it's not getting me ******* anywhere.

No one wants to actually access the situation, you claim to be so damn innocent, so why should I keep it? Its pointless to me. I've had enough of the debate, one should be happy that they had a vote taken from themselves.

Hell you even voted yourself so at this point, I'm not fighting a battle that leads to nowhere. Also do you really think I would back other mafia members? If I wouldn't make it that obvious by not going after them.

My vote will stay on swamp till someone else besides the two of us starts talking.

Perhaps I'll change it again, but I have a lot to attend to irl, and I wouldn't be able to continue our little debate if I wanted to.

Your only upset because I didn't join your bus to Pokechu. Which no one else has either, so why should I? Your making very little sense with that argument imo. I'm allowed to not follow the main opinion of everyone. I'll make a final decision on who to vote for before the night ends.

Let's leave it at that.
Let this be a final warning in the thread. This post being edited results in a permanent MODvote on Z25 (Pokechu's will expire at my discretion for being the first offense.

I TAKE EDITING POSTS EXTREMELY SERIOUSLY AS RUINING THE INTEGRITY OF THE GAME. IF I SEE ANOTHER EDITED POST, THE PERSON RESPONSIBLE WILL BE MODKILLED.

Votecount (Voted | Voting)

Shishœ (1): Spak
Pokechu (1): MOD
Yellowlord (3): Opossum, vaanrose, Shishœ
BarDulL (1): Holder of the Heel
Swampasaur (1): Z25
Z25 (1): MOD
Not voting (8): The rest

#HBC | Gorf

friendly reminder that the Day will end at midnight tonight. it would be extremely appreciated if those who have Night actions send them in as early as possible because i will be unavailable at around 10:30 est and won't be getting back home until about 12:30-1:00. so instead of delaying Day start by an hour, it'd be cooler to give you guys an extra 2 hours of Day instead :)

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Let this be a final warning in the thread. This post being edited results in a permanent MODvote on Z25 (Pokechu's will expire at my discretion for being the first offense.

I TAKE EDITING POSTS EXTREMELY SERIOUSLY AS RUINING THE INTEGRITY OF THE GAME. IF I SEE ANOTHER EDITED POST, THE PERSON RESPONSIBLE WILL BE MODKILLED.

Wait what the hell? I haven’t touched that post.

I never do that. I think that’s honestly a site error.

But whatever I suppose

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

Actually I would honesty like to know what’s the **** was edited from there? I literally didn’t touch it myself

D

Deleted member

I honestly don't like this system of play. :/

Not being able to speak with people privately in the Night when they're more "open" for discussion about themselves and the limited information to go by during the Day to where we have to basically just make a wild guess who to lynch makes the game a headache....

D

Deleted member

And of course, any claim that isn't "I'm a vanilla townie" is subject to immediate target, either by lynch mob or Mafia.

D

Deleted member

**** it, normally I wouldn't condone such a thing, but the rate this game is going gives me no reasonable choice.

##Vote: No Lynch

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
I honestly don't like this system of play. :/

Not being able to speak with people privately in the Night when they're more "open" for discussion about themselves and the limited information to go by during the Day to where we have to basically just make a wild guess who to lynch makes the game a headache....
I don't see how we can draw proper conclusions based solely on voting history. I think people are hesitant to throw out a vote out of (justified) fear that they'll lynch a townie (it's just statistically more likely) and then have that held against them the next day.

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
**** it, normally I wouldn't condone such a thing, but the rate this game is going gives me no reasonable choice.

With everything that's happened thus far in the game with people who are still alive, I find it hard to believe that you don't have any strong enough suspicions to lynch tonight...
I don't see how we can draw proper conclusions based solely on voting history. I think people are hesitant to throw out a vote out of (justified) fear that they'll lynch a townie (it's just statistically more likely) and then have that held against them the next day.
That's why you draw proper conclusions based upon interpersonal interaction. The way we play Mafia is kind of like poker for the first third to half of the game, then drawing connections between people based upon interactions that confirmed roles have had.

D

Deleted member

Exactly.
As much as it goes against common sense, it would be better to just let the Mafia do their thing and make it easier to single them out, hoping we got Trackers or Watchers on the job to help sniff 'em out.

D

Deleted member

With everything that's happened thus far in the game with people who are still alive, I find it hard to believe that you don't have any strong enough suspicions to lynch tonight...
From my perspective, nothing of actual value has happened to make a decision.
Just people scrambling like chickens with their heads cut off.

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
I don't think it's necessarily the system of this game, I think it's how inactive a handful of the players are. There's a few players that haven't contributed much and it's prohibiting our progress because the main people who have been discussing have already discussed all they can with who shows up.

I feel like having more active players and making it so that there's no vanilla townies would make this system of mafia better. It's not the system, it's just that half the townies can't do much because they have no abilities and not many are discussing during the day so vanilla townies can't act or talk. If more people were active and everyone had their own abilities, then people could really start forming suspicions on who to lynch with all of the discussion, and during night even if there's no PMs they could find out some sort of information with their abilities.

#HBC | Gorf

Wait what the hell? I haven’t touched that post.

I never do that. I think that’s honestly a site error.

But whatever I suppose
im gonna go ahead and believe you because the site is acting up so hard. ill reverse the modvote but it does show that its edited for whatever reason.

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
From my perspective, nothing of actual value has happened to make a decision.
Just people scrambling like chickens with their heads cut off.
What would you consider something that's significant enough for you to make a decision?

#HBC | Gorf

like if i have to click away from a page and be introduced to a 3d sprite of empoleon one more time im going to scream. THAT is just one of the reasons i can believe its smashboards' fault

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
At this point there’s one target clearly going and we can’t change that unless things change the last hour.

And that’s yellowlord.

But I guess I should listen to golden and give fair doubt.

Swamp answered me anyway.

##Unvote:Swampasaur

im gonna go ahead and believe you because the site is acting up so hard. ill reverse the modvote but it does show that its edited for whatever reason.
Thank you because I was honestly confused. The sites still got a few kinks after the update. I know I’ve had the tool bar not load every now and then since it. It’s not horrible but can be slightly annoying.

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
Hey all... to be honest, I've mainly just been confused with the role I got assigned since it seems... well, kind of vague? It's hard to describe, but I've meant no harm with my inactivity.

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
What do you people expect to learn with a No Lynch? If you're having trouble now, it's not going to get much better after the mafia privately discuss a target that will leave us the most dissatisfied come the next Day phase, whereas we will not be speaking privately and thus acquire no knowledge. No Lynches made more sense in our old games with Night PMs, now they are just a waste of time.

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Hey all... to be honest, I've mainly just been confused with the role I got assigned since it seems... well, kind of vague? It's hard to describe, but I've meant no harm with my inactivity.
Has every role you've ever gotten vague? Because your presence this game is the same as it has always been.

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
Has every role you've ever gotten vague? Because your presence this game is the same as it has always been.
The last one before the website updated wasn't vague: I just was really inactive during that time was about to use my powers before the game ended. It was a lesson learned, quite honestly.

As for here, well... it actually was a vague roll that I was sent.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
Hummmmm.

Ok, well, homework for tonight is for everyone to come up with a case for who they think is the most likely to be mafia.

We will analyze each case tomorrow and try to determine whether or not the case has merit. This will jolt discussion forward and possibly give us a better glimpse into the game. I think this is a prime opportunity to catch mafia, as they will have to come up with a fake case for why they think a townie is mafia.

It is possible you may ruffle the feathers of another player by doing this but it is a necessity I think so that we can discover the mafia.

I will go first tomorrow since I am the one suggesting this and don’t want to be accused of “taking advantage” and bandwagoning a case that has been made already. Unless I die of course, in which case that would suck, but I would still implore you all to do this to avenge me. :<

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
yeah this is a shocker but I'm gonna have to agree with Holder, we should start putting votes out

this game would be much easier if people would vote, i get that you might be scared that your vote is gonna be used against you but we'd have so much more progress done if we didn't wait until 5 minutes before day end to cast votes. Majority lynch is a rule here so really we could have one minute days if we wanted to.

Plus if we lynch someone now then Bardull's plan will go so much better because we would have one less player to account for in our cases.

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
because i've only given him the Hand (five fingers) of Suspicion so far :V

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
I'm true to my word, all I asked for was him to start contributing. But I agree that no lynch is useless.

##Unvote:Yellowlord
##Vote:Coricus

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
That said.

The last one before the website updated wasn't vague: I just was really inactive during that time was about to use my powers before the game ended. It was a lesson learned, quite honestly.

As for here, well... it actually was a vague roll that I was sent.
This doesn't sound vanilla. If you can do something tonight, you should do it. Not acting when you possess a pro-town ability only helps the mafia.

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
That said.

This doesn't sound vanilla. If you can do something tonight, you should do it. Not acting when you possess a pro-town ability only helps the mafia.
Is there anyone suspicious or concerning so far? I might be willing to throw in a vote depending on that.

Top Bottom