• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Decisive Games Mafia: THE NINTENZONE SOCIAL INVASION! Day 4 ends at 3:00 PM EST 6/12/18

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
I don't belong to you. Someone else already threw their Master Ball. :V
But Pokeballs shouldn't be a reason to prevent things from belonging to other people!

Team Rocket tries to catch Pikachu on a daily basis despite the fact he's already caught.

So I'll just try and catch you on a daily basis as well!

If push comes to shove, I'll put in an action replay and a code to let me catch a trainer's Pokemon. :smirk:

D

Deleted member

But Pokeballs shouldn't be a reason to prevent things from belonging to other people!

Team Rocket tries to catch Pikachu on a daily basis despite the fact he's already caught.

So I'll just try and catch you on a daily basis as well!

If push comes to shove, I'll put in an action replay and a code to let me catch a trainer's Pokemon. :smirk:
And I'll use a code that makes me unable to be caught anyway like a Ghost. :p

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Rumor has it that Golden is dating Hulk Hogan.

Hogan is the small spoon.

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
Votecount (Voted | Voting)

Pokechu (1): MOD
Yellowlord (2): Opossum, vaanrose
BarDulL (1): Holder of the Heel
Shishœ (2): Z25, Shishœ
Not voting (9): The rest

BarDulL

Town Vampire
Ok, I’m caught up. My eye feels better but I will still have to get it thoroughly checked...ughhhhhh :(

Holder I will address your case again but I think we ultimately have to agree to disagree since you seem kinda steadfast and tunneling in your approach; you didn’t refute the previous points I made and kinda glossed over them, then came up with new reasons to try and make me out to be mafia for reasons that can be attributed to other players.

It seems a -little- like scum goggling, but there are easier targets at the moment so I’m not sure how to read into it.

For example, your analysis of my vote swap is bizarre. Maven believed he was going to die via default, and I wasn’t sure if my vote was actually going to go through on the inactive because of the established deadline.

There’s something else to consider: there was actually a tie at the time between Crushmania,

BarDulL

Town Vampire
CURSE YOU MOBILE SMASHBOARDS :((((( posted my post when I didn’t want it to be posted yet...I wanted to go back and check Holder’s post to make sure I understood it correctly...fuuuuu

Ah whatever, I think he’s tunneling me (or goggling) and I don’t think we’d end up having a constructive argument.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
My opinion of Z and pokechu vs. presumed lyncher is thus:

Oh my sweet Jesus why did the jailer soft-claim into a full claim? Hopefully there is a watcher of sorts in this game that will be on him.

I can understand why people thought there was a lyncher based on the flavor description that was given earlier. I’d pull up the post but mobile sucks when organizing posts like this. :<

That being said though it seems somewhat damning for him to leak this kind of flavor information, doesn’t it? Which I suppose is ironic considering shish’s approach to Chu.

I think Shish is predominantly pro-town albeit the main crutch of their argument seems to be the sample role...which I agree the sample role is suspicious but we need better avenues of approach to pin the mafia.

Swamp Sensei Swamp Sensei you mentioned that you think it is possible that Z vs. Shish May have been a collaboration at some point, what made you think it was possible that both were scum?

I think that’s it from me for now....might do another reread just to be sure.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
Oh yeah, as far as current direction, I’d like to hear more from inactives as well, they’re not really helping at this juncture.

I’d consider them for the rope, I’m still not a fan of the crushmania slot though but perhaps Natz can change my mind.

Natz~ Natz~ who do you think are the big bad mafia?

K going to sleep, see you guys tomorrow.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Swamp Sensei Swamp Sensei Swamp Sensei Swamp Sensei you mentioned that you think it is possible that Z vs. Shish May have been a collaboration at some point, what made you think it was possible that both were scum?
Just a possibility.

If I had to guess, they're both town. Or at least, I have nothing to prove they aren't twon.

Natz~

Full of Hugs and Fire~
Oh yeah, as far as current direction, I’d like to hear more from inactives as well, they’re not really helping at this juncture.

I’d consider them for the rope, I’m still not a fan of the crushmania slot though but perhaps Natz can change my mind.

Natz~ Natz~ who do you think are the big bad mafia?

K going to sleep, see you guys tomorrow.
katt has ideas.... though my list on who i dont think is mafia is the only one expanding, need to read through all the pages when i stop passing out

D

Deleted member

Just to clarify, Day ends as soon as a majority is reached, correct?

You know what? If I am right, I'll be able to gloat all over the graveyard PM

Yellowlord Yellowlord
I don't want to vote for you yet, so you better start talking

##unvote: Shishœ

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I’m still at work and still scimming, but I want our jailer to explain his target choice in detail
it was night one, unlike our games we had no pms so it’s harder to snoop out claims and see who’s lying.

Knowing this I took a gameble on someone who seemed suspicious. Not to mention that Shishœ has usually wound up with a scummy role of some kind so he may have been unlucky again.
I figured it was worth a shot, if he isn’t scum it seems likely I didn’t do anything to bad even though I was aiming to prevent the mafia kill. I didn’t see any additional kills so that was nice at least.
My opinion of Z and pokechu vs. presumed lyncher is thus:

Oh my sweet Jesus why did the jailer soft-claim into a full claim? Hopefully there is a watcher of sorts in this game that will be on him.

I can understand why people thought there was a lyncher based on the flavor description that was given earlier. I’d pull up the post but mobile sucks when organizing posts like this. :<

That being said though it seems somewhat damning for him to leak this kind of flavor information, doesn’t it? Which I suppose is ironic considering shish’s approach to Chu.

I think Shish is predominantly pro-town albeit the main crutch of their argument seems to be the sample role...which I agree the sample role is suspicious but we need better avenues of approach to pin the mafia.

Swamp Sensei Swamp Sensei you mentioned that you think it is possible that Z vs. Shish May have been a collaboration at some point, what made you think it was possible that both were scum?

I think that’s it from me for now....might do another reread just to be sure.
Why? Because the town would have been down the my throat over what my role was if I looked shady with my earlier statements. Not to mention in the games we’ve had, jailer and cop usually don’t end up killed early on if they release their identity so I figured it was a safe risk to give my role out.

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
Just to clarify, Day ends as soon as a majority is reached, correct?

You know what? If I am right, I'll be able to gloat all over the graveyard PM

Yellowlord Yellowlord
I don't want to vote for you yet, so you better start talking

##unvote: Shishœ
Voting and Lynching Rule 4 said:
4. Whoever has the most votes on them at the end of Day will be lynched. No majority lynch D1. D2 onwards, if more than half of the living players vote someone, they will be lynched immediately. Ties lead to a randomized lynch between the leading votees/wagons. Everyone can post until the mods say otherwise.

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
katt has ideas.... though my list on who i dont think is mafia is the only one expanding
"Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth."

Not to mention in the games we’ve had, jailer and cop usually don’t end up killed early on if they release their identity so I figured it was a safe risk to give my role out.
That's when everyone has powers, this time around that is not true.

Ah whatever, I think he’s tunneling me (or goggling) and I don’t think we’d end up having a constructive argument.
You don't understand what I'm saying? But you understand everything else that doesn't pertain to you?

We have people who lynched a townie, it was done with a new target at the end of the day, and it was someone who basically admitted to having a power role. It's very simple to look at these individuals for a suspect.

D

Deleted member

Not to mention that Shishœ has usually wound up with a scummy role of some kind so he may have been unlucky again.
That's such a bad reasoning, especially when it's not even true, the only times I have been anti-Town was back in Animafia and when I especifically asked for Apollo to make me so. Every other time I was either Town or a non-threatening 3P.
And you didn't even seem to know what was going on back in Day 1, it seems awfully suspicious that you just so happened to have jailed the one person that's onto Chu
Why? Because the town would have been down the my throat over what my role was if I looked shady with my earlier statements. Not to mention in the games we’ve had, jailer and cop usually don’t end up killed early on if they release their identity so I figured it was a safe risk to give my role out.
Even if I trust you jailkeeper claim, and even if you survive the Night, you're useless now, Mafia can just Roleblock you during Night.

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
Hey guys: sorry for being inactive this last day and a half. I was busy all day yesterday and I ended up passing out and going to bed pretty early in the evening.

D

Deleted member

Hey guys: sorry for being inactive this last day and a half. I was busy all day yesterday and I ended up passing out and going to bed pretty early in the evening.
No need to apologize, just say something pertaining to the game itself

D

Deleted member

Even if I trust you jailkeeper claim, and even if you survive the Night, you're useless now, Mafia can just Roleblock you during Night.
And how exactly would you know of such a fact....?

BarDulL

Town Vampire
I know, it has to do with the way Nintenzone generally plays the game I imagine, just another culture clash. It turns you into an obvious target during the night though. As @Shishœ mentioned, you become vulnerable to night actions, which is why role fishing early on is so dangerous to the Town. Granted we have a closed set up so we don't know anything about night actions for certain.

You don't understand what I'm saying? But you understand everything else that doesn't pertain to you?
It's hard to understand where you're coming from when you don't address all of my points...

We have people who lynched a townie, it was done with a new target at the end of the day, and it was someone who basically admitted to having a power role. It's very simple to look at these individuals for a suspect.
My dude. My brother from another mother. WHAT! When did he admit to being a power role? This is his single post of the game:

I didn't realize we had already started.

Did Poke ever claim a role? In fact, does everyone even have a role this game?
This is absolutely not a power role claim, it is way too ambiguous to be assumed as such. Are you intentionally trying to stretch the facts?

Yellowlord Yellowlord Err, well, uh, maybe you can...oh boy. :bee:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
"Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth."

That's when everyone has powers, this time around that is not true.

That’s true, but how many people do you think honestly can’t do anything? I doubt it’s many with the size of the game. Odds are shishoe has something.
That's such a bad reasoning, especially when it's not even true, the only times I have been anti-Town was back in Animafia and when I especifically asked for Apollo to make me so. Every other time I was either Town or a non-threatening 3P.
And you didn't even seem to know what was going on back in Day 1, it seems awfully suspicious that you just so happened to have jailed the one person that's onto Chu

And I’ve been in every mafia game we’ve played basically, by now you should know I’m in predictable. That should be especially clear after animafia.

So me randomly choosing someone isn’t that bad and I honestly didn’t need a reason. It was night one what could I have done? I’m not going to not jail someone.

You seem very upset that it was you. Care to explain why, especially after this:

You wouldn’t even know there is a mafia role blocker unless you were one! Or at least part of them.

Obligatory:
Sure could there be? Absolutely, is there though? Well I guess we won’t know till the end. Unless you somehow know care to share?
Also me being supicous? Honestly I could care less about chu’s actions. I find it very hard to believe someone would fake claim the op post. That’s ballsy, and chu usually doesn’t do to well under pressure in these if they are scum.

So I can address them later if we get a hint they could actually be mafia.

D

Deleted member

Roleblocker is the literal most common Mafia role, I bet it's safe to assume they have one this time around.
So me randomly choosing someone isn’t that bad and I honestly didn’t need a reason. It was night one what could I have done? I’m not going to not jail someone
So now you admit you had no reason to jaip me and that you did it randomly?

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
My dude. My brother from another mother. WHAT! When did he admit to being a power role? This is his single post of the game:

This is absolutely not a power role claim, it is way too ambiguous to be assumed as such. Are you intentionally trying to stretch the facts?
I've already explained this. He implicates himself in having an ability by even postulating whether everyone has one or not. Undeniable logic.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Roleblocker is the literal most common Mafia role, I bet it's safe to assume they have one this time around.

So now you admit you had no reason to jaip me and that you did it randomly?
No, I already stated this.

After reading through after being tagged, ( which I'm pretty sure I stated in this thread), your posts seemed pretty sketchy.

I wasn't taking a risk, and jailed you.

Also I find it highly unlikely someone who isn't scum would get this defensive and upset. Unless you've got some amazing ability that helps out the town.

D

Deleted member

No, I already stated this.

After reading through after being tagged, ( which I'm pretty sure I stated in this thread), your posts seemed pretty sketchy.

I wasn't taking a risk, and jailed you.

Also I find it highly unlikely someone who isn't scum would get this defensive and upset. Unless you've got some amazing ability that helps out the town.
I'm not being defensive at all, I just find it extremely suspicious that your reasoning seems to align perfectly with Pokechu, a known suspect.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I'm not being defensive at all, I just find it extremely suspicious that your reasoning seems to align perfectly with Pokechu, a known suspect.
Except it really doesn't. I truly don't understand your logic.

Your going after me for suspecting you, and keep claiming I somehow align with Pokechu by not voting for them. Yet I'm not the only one who didn't vote for him.

So why are you targeting me? That just makes you look more suspicious

See, so why am I the only one being targeted by you for not voting pokechu, because as far as I can tell, that's the only reason you find me suspicious.

D

Deleted member

Except it really doesn't. I truly don't understand your logic.

Your going after me for suspecting you, and keep claiming I somehow align with Pokechu by not voting for them. Yet I'm not the only one who didn't vote for him.

So why are you targeting me? That just makes you look more suspicious

See, so why am I the only one being targeted by you for not voting pokechu, because as far as I can tell, that's the only reason you find me suspicious.
Explain to me exactly what did you find suspicious from my Day 1 posts.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Explain to me exactly what did you find suspicious from my Day 1 posts.
Again, we already went over this.

Your power claim and the evidence suggesting you gain something off of voting for people.
Several people mentioned this already to you about how that seems sketchy.

Now, answer this, why exactly are you trying to get a bandwagon towards pokechu?
There's really nothing incriminating them that I see (unless I missed something) compared to your posts. You both can be perceived the same imo. Both have said things that based on you opinion would incriminate pokechu, and in mine, yours seem shady.

So by that insight, you both can be deemed lynch worthy depending on how people view the both of your posts. But we've already said as much as we can on chu, and you.

Right now its up to everyone else, although it seems there's a lot of inactives so who knows how this will go.

D

Deleted member

Again, we already went over this.

Your power claim and the evidence suggesting you gain something off of voting for people.
Several people mentioned this already to you about how that seems sketchy.

Now, answer this, why exactly are you trying to get a bandwagon towards pokechu?
There's really nothing incriminating them that I see (unless I missed something) compared to your posts. You both can be perceived the same imo. Both have said things that based on you opinion would incriminate pokechu, and in mine, yours seem shady.

So by that insight, you both can be deemed lynch worthy depending on how people view the both of your posts. But we've already said as much as we can on chu, and you.

Right now its up to everyone else, although it seems there's a lot of inactives so who knows how this will go.
All of that is stuff that happened on Day 2, no one brought up my apparent power role claim until D2 and the theory that I'm a Lyncher was brought up especiffically by Pokechu. You're using "evidence" that didn't even exist yet to reason your action

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
All of that is stuff that happened on Day 2, no one brought up my apparent power role claim until D2 and the theory that I'm a Lyncher was brought up especiffically by Pokechu. You're using "evidence" that didn't even exist yet to reason your action
When did pokechu say this? I was sure that holder bought it up first and vanrose took interest in the theory.
And what evidence? Based on what you said the “evidence” did exist. As reading through everything could suggest that you are. You yourself implied you had lynching powers didn’t you?

Regardless this isn’t getting anywhere and I’m usually one to trust my gut instinct. Last time I didn’t zeb won two games as mafia and I don’t want that happening again.

So for now we aren’t getting anywhere. Let’s see how the day goes.

That said I want some talking done:
Maven89 Maven89 Spak Spak Yellowlord Yellowlord let’s here about yourselves and see wha type have to say on the current situation.

Actually Swamp Sensei Swamp Sensei your way too quiet compared to usual games. Where’s your fighting spirit? You usually love to help debate things in these games

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Actually let’s mix things up! We aren’t getting anywhere and thinking about swamp has me thinking he’s more worth the vote with his shar decline in activity:

##Unvote:Shishœ

##Vote:Swampasaur

Natz~

Full of Hugs and Fire~
well their still subjective

in my all honesty, i see both shish and pokechu as town, pokechus crazy claim sounds to absurb to not be true, and seeing how shish playing is a reminder how he played back in pokemafia, where he didn't let his second guess get to him and hit with all force, only this time hes not a gladiator

from how they both are i don't see either as likely as mafia

i also just now woke up and am exectemly tied and have completely forgotten who else were i was thinking asn't mafia (there were two people but minds a blank right now)

i do have a suspicion list...and its mostly because that one person is playing a lot differently then how they have played in any other game i've seen them in...

D

Deleted member

When did pokechu say this? I was sure that holder bought it up first and vanrose took interest in the theory.
This was the instance of the Lyncher theory and it was during Day 2
Honestly to me?

This sounds like he has to specifically pick someone in his Role PM and advocate for their lynch for his ability to work.

So maybe that's why he's going so hard at me? Because he specifically picked me, so in order for his ability to have a use, I have to die?

Since the "it" in "that it depends on lynching who I say to lynch", the way it's worded could either refer to his ability or his alignment as that's what he mentioned in the prior sentence. So if his alignment changes based off of his ability? That's not town beneficial.

And if his ability relies on lynching who he says to lynch? Then if he's going at this with me, and I end up townie, then what's next? Is he gonna latch onto someone else and advocate for their lynching too just so he can use his ability?
And what evidence? Based on what you said the “evidence” did exist. As reading through everything could suggest that you are. You yourself implied you had lynching powers didn’t you?
I never implied I had lynching powers, my idea was to make it seem like I had an investigative role, but it seems it didn't work quite as well.
Actually let’s mix things up! We aren’t getting anywhere and thinking about swamp has me thinking he’s more worth the vote with his shar decline in activity:

##Unvote:Shishœ

##Vote:Swampasaur
##Vote: Pokechu

And with that I'm now convinced you and Pokechu are mafia buddies, no way you would get a vote off from me like this after constant arguing that I'm suspicious

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
This was the instance of the Lyncher theory and it was during Day 2

I never implied I had lynching powers, my idea was to make it seem like I had an investigative role, but it seems it didn't work quite as well.

##Vote: Pokechu

And with that I'm now convinced you and Pokechu are mafia buddies, no way you would get a vote off from me like this after constant arguing that I'm suspicious
You literally just want to see me suspicious to see me that way.

I've already stated like the past, once again I am not mafia as fun as it would be.

As for removing your vote, it's not getting me ******* anywhere.

No one wants to actually access the situation, you claim to be so damn innocent, so why should I keep it? Its pointless to me. I've had enough of the debate, one should be happy that they had a vote taken from themselves.

Hell you even voted yourself so at this point, I'm not fighting a battle that leads to nowhere. Also do you really think I would back other mafia members? If I wouldn't make it that obvious by not going after them.

My vote will stay on swamp till someone else besides the two of us starts talking.

Perhaps I'll change it again, but I have a lot to attend to irl, and I wouldn't be able to continue our little debate if I wanted to.

Your only upset because I didn't join your bus to Pokechu. Which no one else has either, so why should I? Your making very little sense with that argument imo. I'm allowed to not follow the main opinion of everyone. I'll make a final decision on who to vote for before the night ends.

Let's leave it at that.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

i do have a suspicion list...and its mostly because that one person is playing a lot differently then how they have played in any other game i've seen them in...
It's me, isn't it? :troll:

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
@Shishœ

I absolutely brought up your suspicious behavior, and the specific post that's got you in so much, near the end of day one. It didn't blow up til day two, but the first rumbling a were there.

It certainly sounds like Shish isn't vanilla. And moreover it sounds like something happens if the person he votes for gets lynched.

I don't know what roles are or aren't considered "*******" roles, but I do know it makes me suspicious of how dead set he is on Pokechu.

D

Deleted member

....so now that's TWO people with a MOD vote for editing.....

Top Bottom