• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Decisive Games Mafia: THE NINTENZONE SOCIAL INVASION! Day 4 ends at 3:00 PM EST 6/12/18

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
You said something in your role depends on lynching who you say to lynch and going from there. If you can offer up an alternative meaning to that, I'm all ears. I don't know what role that could be, all I know is it sounds like something happens when your chosen lynchee gets lynched.

You came late. The voting formula is different. Like this:

##Vote:Yellowlord

Of course, Shish should know better.
Once again thank you for the information, sorry I missed that guys!

##Vote:Shishoe

D

Deleted member

Ouch that sounds pretty bad. Hopefully you get better.

How does that make me a suspect?

I literally posted only on other time relating to the game at hand. If anything that doesn’t help your case by just accusing someone who thinks your supicous
It's exactly that other post the reason why, commenting on how "unfortunate" Night was is an easy Mafia tell
I'm too used to the old format, sue me
It also makes me realize I didn't actually vote for Pokechu back then.

##Vote: Shishœ

Natz~

Full of Hugs and Fire~
You said something in your role depends on lynching who you say to lynch and going from there. If you can offer up an alternative meaning to that, I'm all ears. I don't know what role that could be, all I know is it sounds like something happens when your chosen lynchee gets lynched.

You came late. The voting formula is different. Like this:

##Vote:Yellowlord

if ya read dude, shish claims vanila, he claims lynching has to do with flavor that he is, thats it

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
It's exactly that other post the reason why, commenting on how "unfortunate" Night was is an easy Mafia tell

I'm too used to the old format, sue me

Its unfortunate because its a townie death.

Also I haven't been mafia yet and I'm not even close now.

I did my part to help at night, what did you do?

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961

Hmmmm. So you didn't. Tbh, that plays in your favor. I thought you were trying to be clever with your "vote" on yourself.

D

Deleted member

See guys, this is a power role claim.
I'm sure everyone will want to know what you did now and if you don't want to answer because it was me who asked, just wait for someone else to do so.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
See guys, this is a power role claim.
I'm sure everyone will want to know what you did now and if you don't want to answer because it was me who asked, just wait for someone else to do so.
I'll answer but not now. Let's see how today goes and if i am asked again.

Natz~

Full of Hugs and Fire~
....thats finicky...theres not much discussion going on, more or less waiting for some inactive people

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
What did you do?
Well I figured you'd be the first to ask.

I jailed Shishoe.

Might as well say it because I'll be jumped on otherwise. Maybe I'll be mafia killed, maybe not. I think the town would probably be able to figure things out with who took me down then.

Anyway I didn't trust Shishoe yesterday, so I tried to see what would happen if I jailed him. Took a guess since we don't have pms to snoop out info from each other.

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
Well I figured you'd be the first to ask.

I jailed Shishoe.

Might as well say it because I'll be jumped on otherwise. Maybe I'll be mafia killed, maybe not. I think the town would probably be able to figure things out with who took me down then.

Anyway I didn't trust Shishoe yesterday, so I tried to see what would happen if I jailed him. Took a guess since we don't have pms to snoop out info from each other.
Considering you still voted for Shish today, are you leaning toward the third party theory? Because this means he didn't kill Uni, at least.

D

Deleted member

That at least clears Shishoe of being the one to kill Uni. Not necessarily a confirmation of being clean, but at least they didn't get their hands dirty themselves...

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Considering you still voted for Shish today, are you leaning toward the third party theory? Because this means he didn't kill Uni, at least.
I'm thinking less a third party(supposedly there aren't any) but more towards a mafia who didn't do the kill but has some type of lynch power that could pose a threat. Which I believe one of the last few games we had, had a mafia that had a lynch related power. I could be wrong though.

D

Deleted member

actually completely

with my history, it'll make more sense for me and uni to be around and goof the **** around

plus as uni stated last game he actually trusts me fast meaning theres no reason to kill around to ensure my survival

were two goofballs :V we have more fun leaving the other alive then killing eachother

and even if i were i would at least know who i'm killing, thats why we had uni to be killed last game, he outed himself even before the game and we agreed he had to be taken out

there was no time to discover what the hell uni was, theres no reason for me to kill my **** post buddy for ****sand giggles, especially when me and him work together so damn much
Honestly, it's 50/50 to me. :/

I still can see you killing Uni for the sake of killing Uni as a joke.

I can't think of any other reason why he would be the kill target by anyone else unless they just randomly picked him. Or Holder came up with the very idea he's trying to implicate me with here:
Although that also makes it seem like the perfect person to frame and the perfect way to do it.

I think we should at least make note of such a possibility, and also note that Golden is the one that pointed it out.
Note, that I'm not calculating enough to think of such a strategy....but Holder is.
He's also a known bull****ter and smooth-talker that managed to secure at least two Mafia wins in the past almost singlehandedly.

The rule "Lynch All Holders" exists for a reason even if the rule itself is a gag rule.

Natz~

Full of Hugs and Fire~
guys....host confirmed before this game even begun with 21 people, theres no third parties, and theres especially no third parties with only 16 people >->

D

Deleted member

>jails me
>still believes I used some sort of ability overNight
Now you're just being contradictory

Natz~

Full of Hugs and Fire~
Honestly, it's 50/50 to me. :/

I still can see you killing Uni for the sake of killing Uni as a joke.

goldie i'm actually legitmitaly hurt on two acounts

one that you think i'll actually treat killing my buddy as a joke

and two that you think i'm that mindless that i'll actually kill for a joke and nothing more, i thought i came off as a better player than that
I can't think of any other reason why he would be the kill target by anyone else unless they just randomly picked him. Or Holder came up with the very idea he's trying to implicate me with here:

Note, that I'm not calculating enough to think of such a strategy....but Holder is.
He's also a known bull****ter and smooth-talker that managed to secure at least two Mafia wins in the past almost singlehandedly.

The rule "Lynch All Holders" exists for a reason even if the rule itself is a gag rule.
mhm....ya

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
>jails me
>still believes I used some sort of ability overNight
Now you're just being contradictory
"Some lynch power" doesn't imply a Night role.
This. I jailed you in the event you had a kill too. i don't think you are godfather, but I'm not ruling out that you could be another mafia member.

My reasoning was that if you tried to kill it wouldn't go through. If someone still died I was going to see how you acted during the day and right now your still the only one with a sketchy sounding ability.

D

Deleted member

goldie i'm actually legitmitaly hurt on two acounts

one that you think i'll actually treat killing my buddy as a joke

and two that you think i'm that mindless that i'll actually kill for a joke and nothing more, i thought i came off as a better player than that

mhm....ya

Not going to be swayed by those crocodile tears. :p

(If on the off-chance you are ACTUALLY upset over this, see me when the game's over or we're both dead; whichever comes first.)

Natz~

Full of Hugs and Fire~

(If on the off-chance you are ACTUALLY upset over this, see me when the game's over or we're both dead; whichever comes first.)
(a tiny bit, not really enough to actually mull over though so no worries)

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961

What is the context of this image, lol. Why is he crying nooses?

D

Deleted member

What is the context of this image, lol. Why is he crying nooses?
I don't know, honestly. I just looked up "crocodile tears", this image came up and thought it was too perfect in context of the game.

have you never heard the term crocodile tears before lol?
I think he means why is it specifically crying nooses. :V

Natz~

Full of Hugs and Fire~
I think he means why is it specifically crying nooses. :V
oh....

well still it basically means fake tears, usually for the exact opposite of why one is crying for

in other words its actually is perfect as goldie claims i'm crying crocodile tears for unis death, meaning the exact opposite was that i was actually happy over it, making the nooses exteremly fitting for his claim there :V

or something :V

D

Deleted member

This. I jailed you in the event you had a kill too. i don't think you are godfather, but I'm not ruling out that you could be another mafia member.

My reasoning was that if you tried to kill it wouldn't go through. If someone still died I was going to see how you acted during the day and right now your still the only one with a sketchy sounding ability.
I'm going to repeat myself because ya'll seem deaf
I DON'T HAVE ANY ABILITIES

D

Deleted member

There was nothing to go off at the start, I was one of the few who was here when it started. My goal was simply to start SOME discussion, going off from rng prevented me from holding any possible biases against someBODY.
And I did give something ONCE I was TOLD ME to, as in, my flavor identity.

someBODY ONCE TOLD ME

Shishoe is Shrek.

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
A bit late of a response, but I was looking at older posts from other players.

And how exactly did that turn out, again?
I don't know what this is referring to, but that pic is too good to not like lol
##Vote: Yellowlord

Voting for inactives is a good idea.
At this point, I think we should take leads if we see any. I'm down for an inactive vote if nobody else looks bad enough to want to lynch, but we have some options here.
chu-chu ing

Last one I swear lol.
To me this implied that he had a power role, otherwise it is a poor question to ask because he'd already know the answer as vanilla.

And yet he was the one chosen.
Good eye, I didn't catch that PR slip. With that said, though, Bard wasn't the only one that wanted him dead. Lots of people were on board with killing an inactive D1 because it's probably town's best chance to get rid of them (since the further into the game we go, the more important each kill is).
However I don't think Natz if mafia would make it that obvious, but it also isn't that too out there given the circumstances.
Unless that's what she expected us to think.
And thus WIFOM lol.
(Oh, and WIFOM is "Wine In Front Of Me", like the situation in The Princess Bride).
I'm implying it was relatively a poor attempt to draw attention to yourself, and that you may be regretting it now so you're taking it back.

For example you could have said anything else to make your role sound cooler. But a lyncher? I would have still gone for it just to shoot out a town role, but considering how lynchers are just really... there, I can see why your bait wasn't successful.
This is probably the best point I've seen thus far as to the PR claim. There are much better roles to hint at if Shishoe wanted to become a NK target than pretty much anything that has to do with lynching (as protective/investigative roles are the most helpful in my experience).
supercilious
I'm genuinely impressed with that vocabulary. I learned a new word today lol.
Honestly, I think the connections with the flavor names and the roles related to them are going to go over a majority of our heads as players, for better or for worse. :/
But the fact that the scumteam likely has at least one DGamer means that PRs could be assumed based upon the setup info that we've gotten up to this point and their role in the community. I'm with Maven that we should try and keep quiet about flavor.
Because emotion isn't reasoning, you're not getting emotional, you're trying to keep yourself cool, I wonder why that is?
To try and stay logical, I'd assume
I want you lynched because you're the kost logical choice, the other lynch candidates, the inactive players and Natz, have no connections to go off from if they die.
And I'm after Crusher's slot because his actions at the end of D1 were super scummy. The best person to lynch isn't necessarily the person with the most connections if someone looks sufficiently suspicious.

With all of that said, if Shish actually has a town lynch-based role, it could be that he chose Pokechu at some point and he gets to activate a pro-town power if Pokechu is lynched. It's a stretch, but it's also the only way that I can see to tie together his role and how hard Shish is tunneling Pokechu.

Hey guys, unfortunately I got hit in the eye and have a corneal abrasion, so staring at a screen hurts. Going to have to see an ophthalmologist tomorrow. I have a massive headache and my eye is killing me.

I will be back on tomorrow after I see the eye doctor and will have hopefully gotten some meds for my eye by then. If it’s really serious then I may have to replace out, will let you all know.
Jeez, everyone's getting unfortunate physical ailments. I hope you feel better soon, Bard!
unvote: Pokechu
vote: Shishœ
Heck naw. That's the absolute opposite of what we wanna see. The only time I ever accept self-votes as good is whenever someone self-hammers because there's no other way for town to draw connections the next day if they don't give themselves for the good of the game. No matter how screwy the circumstances, you can usually work your way out by answering truthfully and transparently if you're actually town. That's why I'm struggling so much to believe that you're town; your gambits seems so twisted and convoluted that you have to clarify your clarifications, which gives me the impression that you're making stuff up on the fly.
Good, you're now on my list of suspects, I knew that other post was fishy.
OK, that's just straight OMGUS.

FoS: Shishoe

I'm probably gonna be a little more conservative with votes because I know that it's not just majority anymore (and I haven't gotten to a votecount), but consider that a pseudo-vote for now. I really don't like Shishoe's attitude with trying to provoke Pokechu (although poking at someone is acceptable, taunting them is less so) and the self-vote, he's had muddy responses in regards to his role, he's putting everyone who disagrees with him on his suspect list, and while he's generated a lot of conversation over the course of the game thus far, he's also not kept his composure over the course of it. And this post:
I either vote for myself or Pokechu, no other options.
Gives me the vibe of cornered Mafia. At this point either he's town who worked himself up so hard that he's ensured himself that Pokechu is scum (which I can't honestly see based upon the lack of solid evidence against Pokechu), or he's scum and is trying to make a last ditch effort at dragging someone down with him. He's my first pick right now (even considering Crusher's behavior).
Everyone please stop doing this. Also, this reminds me of a WWII commercial.

Natz~

Full of Hugs and Fire~
all of ya keep your damn fingers down, i wanna hear from everybody before ya all giving people the bloody finger

keep your minds out of the "its shishoe or pokechu, no one else" mentality

D

Deleted member

I don't know what this is referring to, but that pic is too good to not like lol
Basically Shish was a Hider.

And hid behind me the same Night the Mafia was baited to kill him.
So I got beaten to death by the goddamn Hulk in Shish's place.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
all of ya keep your damn fingers down, i wanna hear from everybody before ya all giving people the bloody finger

To be fair, the main problem, is no one else wants to come to show and tell today and speak up

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter

My concern is that Shish seems to want that mentality. To me, that's very anti-town unless someone's 110% sure that one of the two are scum (or they have a forceable me vs them role).

D

Deleted member

Doesn't matter what I do at this point, there's no way to convince anyone that Pokechu is Mafia without you guys seeing my Role PM. Doesn't help you guys keep insisting on me having a role I don't actually have.
I'm in no way gonna believe we have a confirmed Townie in this setup, you don't use sample Role PMs as actual roles because it gives public information regarding something that should be secret.
Just stop pointing fingers and actually get some pitchforks and torches on.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
So let me get this straight. Z25 is claiming jailer and says he jailed Shish last night.

Eh. Could be a collaborated lie but I'll buy it for now.

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
Doesn't matter what I do at this point, there's no way to convince anyone that Pokechu is Mafia without you guys seeing my Role PM.
I don't see how your seeing role reveals Pokechu's alignment, at all. You flip town that proves nothing about anybody but you.

Natz~

Full of Hugs and Fire~
So let me get this straight. Z25 is claiming jailer and says he jailed Shish last night.

Eh. Could be a collaborated lie but I'll buy it for now.
that isn't what we tagged ya for dude

and especially not what was even said if ya bothered to read through the thread

speak

Top Bottom