• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Data Decisive Games Introduction Thread (make sure to check the new forum rules as well!)

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
Ya know what it does? It makes game mods actually think about what they want their setups to be, instead of what has become the cookie cutter 3-scum-maybe-1-indy-rest-town. I honestly think it should be smalls up to 11 even though 12 is a step in the right direction (even though way back when the dilemma that brought us to 13 man smalls was the exact opposite thing), cuz like J said, we're smaller. I'd rather play an intricate, fully developed, active 9 man game than a shaky, inactive 12 man game, and I feel like the latter is more bound to happen if we make 12 the cap. This ALSO revolves around the game mods not feeling the need to make it max cap for their smalls but *shrug*

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
-Replacements-
1. No Lynch (soup/Zen)
zen what are you doing

i support smaller setups, far too many times i feel like i have to work with the cap instead the setup itself and feel as if i have to create filler roles that detract from the whole point of it; it's much easier to work with less than more

Last edited:

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
Ok so I remember being signed up for washedlaundrys Nsider cross site game or something. Did that get cancelled?

If that's the case I'll

/in large

Last edited:

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
zen what are you doing

i support smaller setups, far too many times i feel like i have to work with the cap instead the setup itself and feel as if i have to create filler roles that detract from the whole point of it; it's much easier to work with less than more
We were put into the replacement spot at first because there was a maximum of 3 hydras. Then Gheb replaced out the hydra so we were put into the ranks, but our name was also left on the replacement slot at the same time, and I think that either marshy or raz accidentally took us off the ranks because our name was on there twice.

Last edited:

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
We were put into the replacement spot at first because there was a maximum of 3 hydras. Then Gheb replaced out the hydra so we were put into the ranks, but our name was also left on the replacement slot at the same time, and I think that either marshy or raz accidentally took us off the ranks because our name was on there twice.
@ #HBC | marshy #HBC | marshy @ Raziek Raziek could you fix this n_n;

Vult Redux

Smash Lord
NNID
Voluero
You seem pretty good. Out of curiosity, do you play offsite?
I used to play on a lot of other sites and irl, but I stopped while I was living in Spain. When I tried playing here again a few months back I was too rusty/busy to perform my best. That's why I want to get in the swing again right away in the summer, so if you have a game with room I'm willing to join, even if it's on a different site. :p

Last edited:

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
@ Vult Redux Vult Redux , you should join the Mini then. It only needs one more player and is like 7 players big. Would be a good way to get back into the flow of things imo. The Newbie is also accepting anyone at this point and can use one final person to hammer that one as well.

The small would be starting soonish I would hope, but there is a bit of me that knows the game will not start till like June haha.

Last edited:

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
I used to play on a lot of other sites and irl, but I stopped while I was living in Spain. When I tried playing here again a few months back I was too rusty/busy to perform my best. That's why I want to get in the swing again right away in the summer, so if you have a game with room I'm willing to join, even if it's on a different site. :p
Was Ashemu just like to get oiled up without it being associated with the Vult meta/rep?

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Haha I was just genuinely wondering if he made it to reset his meta or for another reason. I like coming to understand interesting people like vult and acrostic. Most people are generally completely naked to me where as peeps as them are only half naked. Even though I can see them right in front of me, their motivations aren't always clear.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
There wasn't much rebuilding after the revolution. If you want to improve the dgames economy,

Part 1:

-Combine the small and large queues into one single queue.
-Instead of 2 sign-ups, 1.

I proposed this before, but had to deal with Ryker backlash.

Part 2:

Establish a Dgames Ladder, ran by Rajam. As I proposed before leaving. Bi-Yearly. Ranking is based off wins, amount of games, and size of games. If no one else does, I'll have to put some time into an exact formula for the maths.

Last edited:

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
There wasn't much rebuilding after the revolution. If you want to improve the dgames economy,

Part 1:

-Combine the small and large queues into one single queue.
-Instead of 2 sign-ups, 1.

I proposed this before, but had to deal with Ryker backlash.
im WAY more open to this than i was in the past due to the smaller playerbase. im havin trouble weighing the likeliness of games filling at a good rate in this system vs the reduced divided queue tho. what say you zenny?

as for the ladder **** i wanna focus on one thing at a time cuz i feel thats a discussion in itself and i dont want **** gettin cluttered

btw i wear your shirt to the club all the time man

#HBC | Gorf

The only thing making me opposed to fused queues is what happens if there's not enough interest for the game in the queue? It stalls the **** out.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
The only thing making me opposed to fused queues is what happens if there's not enough interest for the game in the queue? It stalls the **** out.
Mods could offer skipping the game.

Right now we have much more of a stalling process because the whole pool of active players is essentially "split" on two games until a bandwagon gets rolling. Fusing the queues would probably fix that problem.

:059:

#HBC | Gorf

Yea but that just blows man, I feel like there are just too many people that DON'T wanna play in more than one game at a time. I'm not one of those people but I know that that can't just be ignored.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Yea but that just blows man, I feel like there are just too many people that DON'T wanna play in more than one game at a time. I'm not one of those people but I know that that can't just be ignored.
You could just join a mini-game in that case.

:059:

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
im WAY more open to this than i was in the past due to the smaller playerbase. im havin trouble weighing the likeliness of games filling at a good rate in this system vs the reduced divided queue tho. what say you zenny?
I think the reduced divided queue will succeed in getting games rolling, but I think it's also just adding more games to be stuck in the large queue. In that event it would make sense to just obliterate the large queue completely and leave the small limit as it is. With our player base, the large queue simply can't hold it's own against the small. So reducing the smalls to 12 is basically just sending all the 13s (which really isn't that large, neither really is 15) to be stuck in the large queue.

I'd say just combine the two, maybe set a 15 player max for set ups, and have larger set ups only ran as private. That way, large games (16+) that actually garner enough interest can still be ran.marud

marshy said:
btw i wear your shirt to the club all the time man
ahh my ***** my *****

That's the way it is now, aye.
Hmm what do you mean? No one would have to play in more than one game at a time. I may just not be interpreting right.

Last edited:

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
I think the reduced divided queue will succeed in getting games rolling, but I think it's also just adding more games to be stuck in the large queue. In that event it would make sense to just obliterate the large queue completely and leave the small limit as it is. With our player base, the large queue simply can't hold it's own against the small. So reducing the smalls to 12 is basically just sending all the 13s (which really isn't that large, neither really is 15) to be stuck in the large queue.

I'd say just combine the two, maybe set a 15 player max for set ups, and have larger set ups only ran as private. That way, large games (16+) that actually garner enough interest can still be ran.marshy has a lot of swag
swag im down

so is ****** onboard with this or do they want the reduced queues?

EDIT actually i have to think more about this. there are some WHACKASS mother****ing flavors comin through this ***** so im inclined to not really feel it cuz then i feel if a lot of people dont care for something the queuell just stall like gorf said. i dunno i have to dwell on this

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Hmm idk this is a confusing matter so I waive my right to answer at the moment.

I just dread the fact of only there being one game available at any time. Sounds boring if I am understanding things correctly (which I probably am not)

Top Bottom