• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Data Decisive Games Introduction Thread (make sure to check the new forum rules as well!)

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
That was to zen about NL being /in the small. Granted I would appreciate their being let /in, I just thought I'd be the bearer of bad news so that they don't get their hopes up about being /in if it turns out that DH keeps the cap up.

Btw if not mockingjay then what?

Last edited:

rid****ulous

Smash Journeyman
That was to zen about NL being /in the small. Granted I would appreciate their being let /in, I just thought I'd be the bearer of bad news so that they don't get their hopes up about being /in if it turns out that DH keeps the cap up.

Btw if not mockingjay then what?
Gheb went from ir to him solo. Zen and soup are good

Ashemu

Smash Ace
somebody join the small im next in line to host offsite and im bored as f**k >_<

Thingyman

Smash Cadet
Hey there :)

I'll try to keep this relatively short and to the point.

I am organizing a "Game of Mafia Champions", which will feature the very best players from a bunch of different mafia communities. A cross-site game.

This is a very huge, very ambitious and very unique project. It's an experiment in seeing what happens when different mafia cultures clash. Also, it's a chance to let the best mafia players on the internet face off against each other.

The first three games of this kind have already been completed (almost 40 different mafia sites participated).

Game 1: http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/5...hampions-ww-invitational-game-thread-1368321/

Game 2: http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/5...hampions-ww-invitational-game-thread-1381100/

Game 3: http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/5...hampions-ww-invitational-game-thread-1428519/

(feel free to remove the links if they are inappropriate or against your rules)

I am now trying to gather players for the fourth game in the series. And I wanted to ask you if your site would be interested in having a representative in this game? :)

I will let you guys decide completely by yourself how you choose this representative, whether it be by public poll or the mods electing the representative or some third thing. The only thing I would ask is that you please only send someone who you deem to be a champion of your site, someone who has enjoyed accolades or is acknowledged as a consensus top player. Please no "troll representative" :p

Extra information about the game:

- The game is scheduled to start May 5. Each game day (including night phase) is planned to be 2 real life days. Saturday and Sunday will always count as one real life day though, so less time intensive over the weekend.

- There will be 24 players and the game should last about 2 weeks.

- As for the setup, it wil be a semi-open setup with potential roles being listed in the OP - without revealing which are actually in the game.

- If your site wants to, you guys are very free to spectate the game. We will also have a spectator chat on Skype set up which anyone not in the game can be invited to. It was very fun for the first two games and attracted people from a bunch of different sites.

Note: It really is important that the chosen person can post plenty every game day. If there isn’t anyone on your site who would be able to manage this fast paced format, then that is obviously understandable :). Whoever the representative is needs to be prepared for 1000+ posts on day 1.

Thanks for taking the time to read this. I hope that you’re as excited about this as I am. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Kind regards,
Thingyman

Edit: I'd need the representative by May 2.

Last edited:

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
I saw the 1,000 post and posting every day and chuckled quite a bit.

That list is small to non-existent especially for a "champion" haha.

No offense intended to any party.

Last edited:

Ashemu

Smash Ace
lol i was on a site that participated in teh last game. i didnt play but i kept up w/ the game. it was interesting

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
/in zombies, not 100% certain ill want to play give or take a week but i died n1 in my offsite game (~_~) & im bored sooooo
somebody join the small im next in line to host offsite and im bored as f**k >_<
lol i was on a site that participated in teh last game. i didnt play but i kept up w/ the game. it was interesting
You seem pretty good. Out of curiosity, do you play offsite?

Last edited:

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Posting on Marshy's behalf (loosely quoted):

if you think youre competent and are interested then volunteer. I just don't want to see this be a repeat of the last cross-site game where people express interest but don't join because they think they aren't good enough to rep the site.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
On an unrelated note,

I wanted to suggest lowering the number of players for both queues. With minis working best with up to 7 players, it's a big leap to 12-13 players, and let's face it the Large queue fills once in a blue moon. I don't know whether there are less people active at the moment, but it feels like much more of a struggle to fill a game, since say, the start of this year, so it seems like a good idea to me.

I realize people probably have setups in the works for a certain number of players, and that the transition would mess with the queues as they are like nobody's business, but I wanted to throw it out there as an idea. I'm thinking mini- up to 7 players, small up to 11 players, and Large for anything else, with a suggested maximum of 15. I also feel that newbies should be 9 slots max.

inb4 I cause the Third Great D-Games War

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
Oh and also I'd be down with mini up to 6 (cuz viable set ups could be made with 7 players let's be honest), small 11, and large whatever else. It'll certainly take the pressure off of mods to make ****in 13 player games all the time, and maybe get a lil more creative than 3 scum + maybe 1 Indy vs rest of town.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
On an unrelated note,

I wanted to suggest lowering the number of players for both queues. With minis working best with up to 7 players, it's a big leap to 12-13 players, and let's face it the Large queue fills once in a blue moon. I don't know whether there are less people active at the moment, but it feels like much more of a struggle to fill a game, since say, the start of this year, so it seems like a good idea to me.

I realize people probably have setups in the works for a certain number of players, and that the transition would mess with the queues as they are like nobody's business, but I wanted to throw it out there as an idea. I'm thinking mini- up to 7 players, small up to 11 players, and Large for anything else, with a suggested maximum of 15. I also feel that newbies should be 9 slots max.

inb4 I cause the Third Great D-Games War
I actually suggested something similar to Stu - small games should be 12 players max and everything with 13 or more should be large. Stu hasn't really been active since then though so I guess the idea kinda fell under the table but I'll definitely support it.

:059:

Thingyman

Smash Cadet
its happenin. youll have a name by the 2nd
I'm greatly worried by the fact that there's only been one recommendation thus far and multiple concerns about the high activity of the game (which is of course understandable). There doesn't seem to be an interest in this.

Last edited:

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
He's only paying attention to this one thread. He's probably looking on 20 different forums for responses, and this thread already has discussion not relevant to him that he has to skim through. I don't blame him for not keeping tabs on all of dgames to see our discussion. Within this thread, Ryker is the only name that was proposed.

In the other thread, however, J was unanimously given the thumbs up to represent us.

Thingyman

Smash Cadet
I apologize profusely.

PrivateJoker is bang on in what he is saying :p

Also, I'm sorry about not giving you guys a lot of time, but thankfully it looks like you've reached a quick consensus on a good player :)

Last edited:

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Regarding the smaller set-ups for queue: I would absolutely adore that. I think smaller queues would get many more games going and also have the opportunity to have like a refresher on set-ups. They have been getting stale lately it seems. (no offense to any mods, just me being weird) Plus the flavors would be flying out faster and I just feel it would help. With a smaller player list, the deadlines would not be that daunting as well considering you only have like 7-10 players left.

Cutting set-ups down would be really nice because our community has shrunk a bit so we just have to move along with the times. That's just my 2 cents on the matter.

But yeah, we have only need of one more player for the current mini, but there is also only five more players needed for the small. We should get those going especially because it is summer time where people have more time to chill and play and also the fact that there is quite literally only one game of mafia being played at the moment.

Top Bottom