• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Data Decisive Games Introduction Thread (make sure to check the new forum rules as well!)

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
hydras are turning you all into lazy scum
I have no computer atm and a ton of personal issues to deal with, some of which I've made public. I cannot guarentee any consistent level of activity, therefore I flatly refuse to join a game without any mechanism to guarentee my slot will remain active.

Period.

I'd appreciate you not drawing generalizations without knowing the facts, thank you very much.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
i was drawing generalizations because I was not specifically targetting you. Believe me, I know you're situation, and I would completely excuse you of it and not call you lazy. Not having a computer as it is would make me not join any mafia game personally, I'm impressed you play as much as you can as it is.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
i was drawing generalizations because I was not specifically targetting you. Believe me, I know you're situation, and I would completely excuse you of it and not call you lazy. Not having a computer as it is would make me not join any mafia game personally, I'm impressed you play as much as you can as it is.
Well, I normally do, currently it's broken but thankfully it's under insurance so I should be getting it either repaired or a new one in 2-4 weeks.

Which post prompted that post anyway?

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Just the discussion of hydras in general, my post was more jokingly as it was

i just feel that mafia is better designed also for a single person to be playing a single role, as two minds are greater than one, it's like a closed mason in a single role lol

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
which is why Hydras are so beast. Their basically FUSION HAS man. Can't deny those. I can understand that tho.

Think of it like this, single player is like singles in melee, but hydra is like teams.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
except not everyone is in a hydra, so it's more like 2v1

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
They are fun though because then you have the challenge of reading them, and also it would give them a chance to give themselves a nickname which would represent their relationship, with a username and avi.

Plus each head would not know which other char to fight HEY JIGGS OR THE MARTH? ... I DUNNO

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Just the discussion of hydras in general, my post was more jokingly as it was

i just feel that mafia is better designed also for a single person to be playing a single role, as two minds are greater than one, it's like a closed mason in a single role lol

Fair enough, sorry I'm probably being rather touchy right now since it's difficult for me atm.

Regardless, while hydras do have a slight advantage over single players, the hydra is also limited by the inherent attributes of the dual player. It's much more difficult to create a consistent impression in the minds of other players. Furthermore, hydras can disagree and this creates situations where there's a push-pull between players. Or one hydramate can be cowed.

Ultimately hydras have both the advantages and disadvantages of the individual player, and they're probably more effective as town then scum since 2 players make it easier to slip.

M.K

Level 55
Of course it's coming this weekend!! Haha, lemme just have a mod post the official "list" here like they always do when a game is full and we can get this race to the finish mafia game started.

Did I mention you'll all be playing with your souls? This is a Shadow Realm game. Nothing can be certain....not even your life. :) Nothing.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Of course it's coming this weekend!! Haha, lemme just have a mod post the official "list" here like they always do when a game is full and we can get this race to the finish mafia game started.

Did I mention you'll all be playing with your souls? This is a Shadow Realm game. Nothing can be certain....not even your life. :) Nothing.
Nah, don't scratch that line out, let's make this for souls. I could always use more then the ones I have collected =3

Someone go kick Sold or Xiivi.

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
Sign-ups for Kataefi's 13 Player Bingo Mafia have begun!

For this one, I believe I'll let Kataefi comment as much as he wants on the mechanics. Also I forgot to ask him for hydras yes/no, lol.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Jk. We can two man hydra. : D It'll be fun.

What would you want the name to be.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Shoot, I might wanna change my set-up in the queue with a game I have been working on because the one in the queue is pri basic compared to my past game.

*goes to work*

Radical Fiction

Ryker|Swiss
Shoot, I might wanna change my set-up in the queue with a game I have been working on because the one in the queue is pri basic compared to my past game.

*goes to work*
Brb, signing up with F11 set-up so I can change it when I decide what I want to do.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
It's just, I don't really like the set-up in the queue, I don't mind it going but I am thinking which one would be the most fun.

Silly Ryker =P

I sent that in when I just started back in August iirc.

Radical Fiction

Ryker|Swiss
It's just, I don't really like the set-up in the queue, I don't mind it going but I am thinking which one would be the most fun.

Silly Ryker =P

I sent that in when I just started back in August iirc.
I'm just being an ***.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Well, I decided against it anyways.

I'm keeping that set-up in and I'll have more time to work on this other set-up.

Plus I already have some pictures my friend helped with for some death scenes.

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
He's a bit....

You know.

I'll let hydras play! But I'm going to place a cap and say only a max of 2 hydras are allowed. Also this game is a little experimental and I want to see how people respond to some of the stuff thrown in! For this reason I won't go into detail but really it's just a simple mafia game at its core :chuckle:

Top Bottom