• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Data Decisive Games Introduction Thread (make sure to check the new forum rules as well!)

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Have a fun and successful game, Medi. I know it will be great and I wish I weren't so busy. I'm missing out.

Handorin

Smash Hero
I'm pretty sure bun bun wanted to be in this next game. He was probably at school.

Mediocre

Ziz
BRoomer
bunbun's in, awaiting confirmation.

Signups:

1. Chaco
  2. Junglefever
  3. Gheb_01
  4. Ronike
  5. Marshy
  6. ChiboSempai
  7. Rockin
  8. Ignatius
  9. Omni
  10. Macman
  11. Cacti
  12. BunBun

Replacements

1. Vyse.
  2. mentosman8
  3. Riddle (keep last on list)

Riddle

Smash Lord
I'll replace but just to help out. Put me at the bottom of the list no matter who joins before/after me. That goes to everyone really. I need a break from mafia, but don't hesitate to contact me if you need a replacement.

Kirby King

Master Lameoid
Premium
BRoomer
I really think this whole process would go much more smoothly if (1) players only sign up for games they would be ready to play right now and (2) moderators started games once they filled up (plus however many replacements you want to have). That way new games start when people are actually interested in playing them, regardless of how many players are in DG.

The room doesn't get overloaded by having too many games, players get overloaded by promising to play too many games--which by extension prevents other players from getting to join even if there's enough interest. I don't see why, if there are two games filled with players who have committed to playing them, neither one is being played.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
I really think this whole process would go much more smoothly if (1) players only sign up for games they would be ready to play right now and (2) moderators started games once they filled up (plus however many replacements you want to have). That way new games start when people are actually interested in playing them, regardless of how many players are in DG.

The room doesn't get overloaded by having too many games, players get overloaded by promising to play too many games--which by extension prevents other players from getting to join even if there's enough interest. I don't see why, if there are two games filled with players who have committed to playing them, neither one is being played.
This is smart, and that is actually how the queue is designed right now. When I made it, if you look, there is nothing about filling up a game and then waiting for the next one to end before starting the new one.

I think that carried over from people actually not reading the first post and learning the new system. I believe it started with Rockin hosting his sign ups and people signing up for it and saying they wanted to play but "not yet."

I think you are right and it needs to return to the way it was supposed to be.

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
I agree with Kiki, it allows 1) others to play if some members are too busy with other games/IRL and 2) keeps interest in the game.

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
i snagged pierre for my game

and i agree with kiki too! current remedy is to make sure the players who are now signed up for medi's and rockin's games are able to play, start those, then make it abundantly clear in the OP that players should only sign up to play if they're ready to commit immediately

EDIT: and to notify mods next on the list so they can put the finishing touches on their games and start whenever it's full

pierre's been added to the large game queue

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
Regardless of the games that we are currently running, we constantly have sign-ups running for both 1 Small game (1-12 players) and 1 Large game (13+) players. You can sign up for the one that you want to sign up for by simply posting in this thread saying “/in [host]’s game” or “/in the (large/small) game.” When a game has enough people signed up in this thread, it's own game thread will go live and players will be required to confirm in response to their Role PM that they understand their role and are ready to play.

Marshy Edit: Only join new games if you're ready to commit to playing them right now. The system is meant to start games when people are interested in playing them, not to have as many games up as we can if it'll just lead to players thinning themselves out and making the room less active as a whole. Don't overload yourself by signing up for new games if it'll cause you to become inactive in another game. Simply wait to join another when you're sure that you won't end up wasting a moderator's time.
minor edit. i'm quoting it for emphasis

medi's and rockin's games are expected to start in the near future followed by signups for jungle's and smashman's games

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
might /out of Medi's game if I don't finish watching Monster in time

also, put me on the large game list

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
wait..hopefully this game wont ruin the series for me

I wanted to eventually watch it.

#HBC | marshy