• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Debate Hall Activity Initiative

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zero Beat

Cognitive Scientist
NNID
BLUE
3DS FC
4141-3279-8878
New job, new semester, new girl, don't even have time for xbox live ;/. /lifejohns

I'll try to be more active though.

Aesir

Smash Master
Well I have a lot of thread ideas I could have done with DHAI, but you were kinda busy and I wanted your input on a thread I had.

Which btw I'm still unsure were the DH stands with that, if a thread has been inactive for a certain period of time should we just bump it?or make a new thread?

Watch it Zero, there's a RDK looking for your position!

I kid I kid.

RDK

Smash Hero
Did you finally get your seXbox fixed?

Oh and don't listen to Aesir. He's just mad cuz I'm awesome.

Edit: bump that thread.

D

Deleted member

man get GEARS i want to play wingman with you *****. CoD4 bores me now :(

I'm down with GTA4 too..

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
Some things I can't post on. Like the 2nd amendment. I have yet to reach a decision on my personal interpretation.

Speaking of RDK, you are a big time conservative in the closet.

RDK

Smash Hero
Conservative economically? Most definitely yes. Socially? Not at all. :)

Mewter

Smash Master
Some things I can't post on. Like the 2nd amendment. I have yet to reach a decision on my personal interpretation.

Speaking of RDK, you are a big time conservative in the closet.
Yes, RDK, don't hide the truth from yourself.
He posts in red out of self hatred and a mistaken identity. :lick:

We have had increased activity. Though, It's kind of sad that the contest was kind of a dud.
Just follow through with the rewards/stuff, simply because people like Riddle, Kazoo, and Adumbrodeus(lol at your thread) took the initiative to create a topic.
They worked for it.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
Conservative economically? Most definitely yes. Socially? Not at all. :)
Your interpretation on the second amendment says other wise. I think you view the republican party and the term conservative as alien from you because of your religion affiliations, but I don't think your constitutional interpretations are much more aligned with the Nixon area than you might want to believe. A Neo-con (as in the religious, modern day republican party founded by Ronald Regan) is not a conservative, and religion in politics actually goes against conservative values.

RDK

Smash Hero
Your interpretation on the second amendment says other wise. I think you view the republican party and the term conservative as alien from you because of your religion affiliations, but I don't think your constitutional interpretations are much more aligned with the Nixon area than you might want to believe. A Neo-con (as in the religious, modern day republican party founded by Ronald Regan) is not a conservative, and religion in politics actually goes against conservative values.
I don't generally prescribe to labels such as "liberal" or "conservative", and I especially don't prescribe to a specific party. As far as Constitutional interpretations go, in your opinion what have I posted to make you believe I tend to lean towards the more conservative side?

We have had increased activity. Though, It's kind of sad that the contest was kind of a dud.
Just follow through with the rewards/stuff, simply because people like Riddle, Kazoo, and Adumbrodeus(lol at your thread) took the initiative to create a topic.
They worked for it.
Hey, is anyone here still up for Devil's Advocate? I really wanted that idea to come through and I think it would be fun, but not enough people seemed interested.

Mewter

Smash Master

Hey, is anyone here still up for Devil's Advocate? I really wanted that idea to come through and I think it would be fun, but not enough people seemed interested.

You mean the Devil's Advocate Thread you started that was very popular but eventually put off because of peoples' "time restraints"? :laugh:

Riddle

Smash Lord
What do you guys all think of my (lol taking credit for Miggz's idea) idea about posting a bunch of topic ideas in this thread and getting peoples opinions on them and then creating a thread about the one with the most dissent. I'm probably going to make a standardized test thread soon and it should have some good debates.

I agree with Mewter some people took the initiative and put the time and effort into being more active and so you should follow through with the rewards. Positive reinforcement is good and not following through just encourages people not to become active.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
What do you guys all think of my (lol taking credit for Miggz's idea) idea about posting a bunch of topic ideas in this thread and getting peoples opinions on them and then creating a thread about the one with the most dissent. I'm probably going to make a standardized test thread soon and it should have some good debates.

I agree with Mewter some people took the initiative and put the time and effort into being more active and so you should follow through with the rewards. Positive reinforcement is good and not following through just encourages people not to become active.
Well, unless Zero or EE feel like going through the three or four people who entered, I do not have the time to actually go through the posts and award points. Had there been more (I was honestly expecting 10 people at the least) I would have done this one a weekly basis, but I believe it was 2 people the first week, then no one else until this week.

aeghrur

Smash Champion
I don't generally prescribe to labels such as "liberal" or "conservative", and I especially don't prescribe to a specific party. As far as Constitutional interpretations go, in your opinion what have I posted to make you believe I tend to lean towards the more conservative side?

Please go through with it.
I'm starting to like playing devil's advocate. :D
And I thought you were libertarian RDK, lol.

:093:

Riddle

Smash Lord
Lol Ck. I'm the only one except tgk who has actually posted after they created their DHAI thread how hard could it be :p.

RDK

Smash Hero
Please go through with it.
I'm starting to like playing devil's advocate. :D
I'll revive the old thread; that is if I can find it. *GASP*

And I thought you were libertarian RDK, lol.

:093:
If I had to pick a party to affiliate with myself, I would most likely pick the Libertarian party.

Aesir

Smash Master
RDK are you ever on aim? because I have your SN added you should get on. Also for about a week I had a thing going on where i would find articles and rant about them, usually this would open up debates and people could discuss current events.

If I can get more people to help me with this as i"m only one person and I think it would be cool if say CK or RDK did a piece as well as me we could get a more broad opinion on current events. I'm sure most people would get tired of a progressive ranting about **** especially since progressives are just a bunch of pansies now a days anyway =(

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
RDK are you ever on aim? because I have your SN added you should get on. Also for about a week I had a thing going on where i would find articles and rant about them, usually this would open up debates and people could discuss current events.

If I can get more people to help me with this as i"m only one person and I think it would be cool if say CK or RDK did a piece as well as me we could get a more broad opinion on current events. I'm sure most people would get tired of a progressive ranting about **** especially since progressives are just a bunch of pansies now a days anyway =(
Sounds neat. Apply for Temp status so I can add you to the room to do this for a while, as well.

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
To be entirely honest, I'd say this contest failed if only 3 people entered. Imagine if four or five people entered a WWYP contest... well, only three slots can "place" so it's not that much of a challenge or accomplishment.

Once again, I'd like to point out that the contest was a means to an end. This was supposed to be a ceremonious rejuvenation of the Hall, not group of people so small it barely qualifies as a handful competing for a custom title.

Thanks to all who entered, but it looks like this contest just failed. Hopefully after we let more people in we can re-roll this contest with some fresh meat injected.

Riddle

Smash Lord
To be entirely honest, I'd say this contest failed if only 3 people entered. Imagine if four or five people entered a WWYP contest... well, only three slots can "place" so it's not that much of a challenge or accomplishment.

Once again, I'd like to point out that the contest was a means to an end. This was supposed to be a ceremonious rejuvenation of the Hall, not group of people so small it barely qualifies as a handful competing for a custom title.

Thanks to all who entered, but it looks like this contest just failed. Hopefully after we let more people in we can re-roll this contest with some fresh meat injected.

What would you lose by giving someone a custom title and pseudo-mod status in the PG? If you didn't follow through with the rewards you would lose confidence in the contest and probably cause people to not enter, because last time the winners didn't get a reward.

Mewter

Smash Master
Yeah. Basically all I can say is "I guess they tried."

Even if there were very few contestants, they entered when no one else did. Just heightening the reward limit to 1st place only is a good idea in this case.

Riddle

Smash Lord
I'm going to be pretty dissapointed if I don't get at least a custom title and ideally the pseudo-mod status. I put effort into upping my activity level (not just for the title, but still) and this has made me lose all faith in your promises of rewards.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
What would you lose by giving someone a custom title and pseudo-mod status in the PG? If you didn't follow through with the rewards you would lose confidence in the contest and probably cause people to not enter, because last time the winners didn't get a reward.
So, you pretty much just entered for the rewards? That was exactly why I didn't call it a contest. The whole point was to stimulate activity in the room, which this failed to do - miserably.

On top of that, the whole concept of the "pseudo-mod" title (which again means nothing) is that you were dedicated enough to help stimulate activity in this room, and that means you earned the right to help the PG. Keyword is "earned." Riddle, you did nothing to earn it other than out post the other one person who was keeping up with this, who was admitted to the DH.

When an event is canceled, as this was, usually rewards aren't given.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom