• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Deathborn for SSBB *Updated Moveset*

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
Was anyone else pissed that they had the nerve to prominently feature Samurai Goroh in the SSBM intro sequence but then he ended up being a no show in the actual game - save for that worthless trophy? :mad:
(Same goes for Ridley and Wolf...)

Stryks

Smash Hero
Yep me very pissed, i wanted ridley and wolf so bad, also wolf from the melee intro looks NOTHING like neither SF64 OR SFA wolf..

saberhof

Smash Master
Yep me very pissed, i wanted ridley and wolf so bad, also wolf from the melee intro looks NOTHING like neither SF64 OR SFA wolf..
i almost cried when i was told Wolf wasnt in ssbm, i mean he CLEARLY appears in the vid like, it was almsot imposible for him not to be in it, but yet he wasnt..witch "Heres hoping that wolf is in brawl".

SupaSmashBrotha

Smash Ace
Fools! Let's get back to our blessed master Lord Deathborn. All hail Lord Deathborn! All hail Lord Deathborn! All hail Satan... I mean Lord Deathborn.

The Basement Dweller

Smash Master
Over Goroh anytime if there is going to be another racer in Brawl which I'm not particularly fond of I would want Deatborn.

Yoshi

Smash Lord
Beastman / Spade > Deathborn

Anyone else?
This is purely by look. Plus Beastman (by stats in GX) is faster then Falcon, also adding into the F-Zero factor of having the fastest racing franchise...

bijoukaiba

Smash Journeyman
Deathborn would probably make a great addition to Brawl! He's probably second on my list to Samurai Goroh for F-Zero representation.

I WANT him in, don't get me wrong, but I don't think he has a good chance of making it when compared to other popular F-Zero characters (Samurai Goroh, Jody Summers, etc.)

And I loved the JAPANESE anime, I just wish I could find someplace where I could find the entire series (Youtube only has four or five complete episodes)

SupaSmashBrotha

Smash Ace
I think Deathborn would be the perfest fit for F-Zero rep b/c as some1 stated earlier Deathborn is a cliche villain but Capt. Falcon is a cliche hero. So Deathborn FTW!

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
He's not fat, he's just big-boned... :chuckle:

I would say post in the Goroh thread (it's in need of some love anyway), but seeing that there's sort of a competition between the two (three if you count Black Shadow, but I don't :p) for who gets the Brawl spot, I say he's fair game for this thread. Honestly, I don't see why we can't include both, as F-Zero's a woefully underrepresented series - it should at least have an equal number of characters represented as Starfox...

bijoukaiba

Smash Journeyman
He's not fat, he's just big-boned... :chuckle:

I would say post in the Goroh thread (it's in need of some love anyway), but seeing that there's sort of a competition between the two (three if you count Black Shadow, but I don't :p) for who gets the Brawl spot, I say he's fair game for this thread. Honestly, I don't see why we can't include both, as F-Zero's a woefully underrepresented series - it should at least have an equal number of characters represented as Starfox...
:laugh: Just like Cartman.

And yes, I believe F-Zero deserved an equal amount of characters in Melee as Starfox (Goroh was in the movie, but was he in? Nooooo.... same for Wolf too!)

Hopefully, this time Starfox roster # = F-Zero roster #

Fox, Falco, Krystal and Wolf
Falcon, Goroh, Jody Summers (though I don't support her), and Deathborn

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
:laugh: Just like Cartman.

And yes, I believe F-Zero deserved an equal amount of characters in Melee as Starfox (Goroh was in the movie, but was he in? Nooooo.... same for Wolf too!)

Hopefully, this time Starfox roster # = F-Zero roster #

Fox, Falco, Krystal and Wolf
Falcon, Goroh, Jody Summers (though I don't support her), and Deathborn
Don't forget Ridley - the third member of the "Melee No-show Triumvirate" ...

And yeah that's pretty much my picks as well:

C. Falcon - Main Character, Returning Character
Samurai Goroh - Original Genereation, "Archrival"
Jody Summer - X Generation, Female Character
Deathborn - GX/AX Generation, Villian

I would also really like Pico and Princia Ramode, but you have to draw the line somewhere...
(I'd actually prefer Pico over Goroh and Princia over Jody, but they have greater priority)

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
I remember this guy from F-Zero GX. A lot of people like Goroh, but, in the end, he's just a fat old man with a sword. Not that there's anything wrong with that, in fact I'd like to play as him. But I can't help feeling like Deathborn's more worthy to be in Brawl. I could see him as being a very master of recovery and mindgames, lacking sheer power, but making up for it in various magical tricks.

It can't be denied that Black Shadow is very stylish, Goroh seems perfect for the game, and I personally would like to see Pico as a knife-wielder, but Lord Deathborn just seems like an interesting idea.

W4veMantis

Smash Journeyman
Deathborn should be in Brawl for sure, but his special Brawl attack seemed kinda brutal in the moveset IMO. I dunno, but deathborn for sure. I'd much rather see him instead of Black Shadow.

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
*WISE FWOM YOU GWAVE!*

And indeed, Deathborn arises from the dead... yet again...

At any rate, does anyone have any good ideas for a Deathborn moveset? Sinistar71's was awesome, but I'd still like to see some other takes. So... Any takers?

Hylian Knight

Smash Cadet
He's probably one of the only FEW bad-***(sorry for cussing) characters on F-zero, so i'm all for him. When i owned F-Zero for the Gamecube(can't remember which game it was), i never saw him on there. Only Goroh, Black Shadow, and Capt. Falcon were the only "cool" ones that i saw in that game. I guess i didn't play Story Mode too much, otherwise i probably could've seen him. Anyways, Deathborn FTW!!!!

FiErCe_oNi

Smash Lord
out of all the possible f-zero candidates (goroh, Black Shadow, Phoenix) i want deathborne the least... i dunno why... maybe its because i don't like his look, or the fact that he doesnt seem like an important villain (he was only in one game and he wasnt even the final boss in the end) or just because i don't see much that his moveset could be based around. dark attacks? lol...

Stryks

Smash Hero
I couldnt do a moveset, seeing how I never played Fzero GX, so I know little about the guy, but that wont stop me from making a mach ride rmoveset!! XD...

the grim lizard

Smash Master
This one's been gone a while...but Captain Falcon really needs a rival in the game, and people seem to dislike Black Shadow.

In any case, I really don't care who they'd put in as long as F-Zero had another rep.

...scratch that because no one has posted on this since I bumped it, meaning that no one gives a crap about this guy. At least Black Shadow had some discussion going, even if there was a lot of negativity toward him. It means he's controversial, and controversial is good. Thus, no way hose, Deathborn.

Pulse

Smash Apprentice
Pity this board hasn't recived much attention. Deathborn IS the main villian of the F-Zero games, and his theme song + Brawling= Instant win. I'm prbably not gonna get response, though.

Top Bottom