• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Deathborn for SSBB *Updated Moveset*

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
Hehe... my namesake... It was coming sooner or later, but who better to represent the updated F-Zero roster than the dark lord himself - Deathborne! He's much less generic than Black Shadow, who happens to in fact be his underling (Deathborn runs the show behind the scenes) and is personally fried by him after one too many failures (Yes - Black Shadow buys the farm in GX). Sure he may come off as a bit cheesy, but that's his charm! And you gotta love his end movie for the Grand Prix (for those of you who've played GX). He has quite a few abiliteis showcased in story mode, but if nothing else, he could replace Ganondorf as C. Falcon's clone, seeing that just about everyone want Ganon to have his own moveset.

Here's a pic for reference:

EDIT: Here is a moveset for Deathborn as provided by Sinistar71:

B - Darkness Bursting - Deathborn crosses his arms, crouches slightly, and begins to glow a reddish black. When the B button is let go, Deathborn stretches his arms out, shouts, and a sphere of energy envelops him for a few moments. The sphere deals damage to anyone in the sphere's vicinity, including through walls, however, it does little knockback. Holding down the B button charges up the move (just like DK and Samus), the longer you hold down the button, the brighter he glows. Deathborn's charge is around the same as DK's, and the longer the charger, the larger the sphere around deathborn and the more damage it deals. In the air, this move makes a short hop, helping deathborn recover.

>B - Vengful Swipe - Deathborn swipes with his arm in a horizontal chopping motion, with a sword-like beam of energy is quickly trailing behind him. It acts just like Kirby's hammer, only a little faster and less damage.

^B - Darkness Rising - Similar to Zelda, shiek, and mewtwo's ^B, Deathborn vanishes in an explosion of black smoke, and reappears in a swirling tornado of dark energy. this move can go through floors, and the swirl does some damage. Combined with an air Darkness Bursting hop, Deathborn can easily recover from most situations.

v B - Darkness Shining - Deathborn raises his right hand into the air, makes a fist, and slams it into the ground. Upon slaming it, a red column of light rises from the ground and rises up to around double deathborn's height. In the air, Deathborn dives to the ground before slaming his fist, similar to kirby's vB. The air version deals more damage, but the ground version has a wider range.

Brawl - Darkness Genocide - Deathborn shoulder tackles his opponent, knocking him or her down. He then walks towards him, grabs him by the neck, and holds him in the air. As the opponent is dangling, Deathborn electrocutes him through his hand, and then leaps high into the air. Deathborn then dives towards the ground, and slams his opponent, face first, into the ground, bathing them both in a column of bright red light. a skull appears, laughing in the light, and then vanishes. the move does tremendous damage, but has no knockback.

Please feel free to post your thoughts.

Visual

Smash Cadet
That's a good idea, replacing Ganon's Falcon-clone moveset with this guy and giving Ganon his own moves.

burrito

Smash Lord
Black Shadow or Samurai Goroh make more sense. That guy is a minor character.

Zodiak-Lucien

Smash Lord
burrito said:
Black Shadow or Samurai Goroh make more sense. That guy is a minor character.
Deathborn, "this mysterious pilot makes even Black Shadow, the evil emperor shudder with fear." doesnt sound very minor to me. Plus this guy looks a hell of a lot more cooler then Black Shadow or Samurai Goroh

Dustin never stops

Smash Rookie
what do you think the odds are of the mysterious development team making the game is AV amusement vision, who made F-zero GX , the one with deathborn? personally this would be ideal to me, as f-zero gx is one of my favorite games ever. right next to melee. this would also give DB a good chance of making it in, since he was a new character introduced in GX.

I'm all for f-zero characters so I'd want him in, but I'd want samurai goroh to as a heavy weight swordsman..

I also want pico, as a Snake clone.

Iggy K

Smash Ace
I'd say Goroh first. If this guy did make it, I'd rather an original moveset, no cloned movesets.

Odendaalrust

Smash Apprentice
CLONING is BAD mmk?

I like the Dark Shneider! I like the gx game! I'd vote for Deathborn

burrito

Smash Lord
Zodiak-Lucien said:
Deathborn, "this mysterious pilot makes even Black Shadow, the evil emperor shudder with fear."
I had never beat F-Zero GX and just assumed that he was minor, but Black Shadow is still the overall villain of the game.

doesnt sound very minor to me. Plus this guy looks a hell of a lot more cooler then Black Shadow or Samurai Goroh
Whatever, I don't care for him that much.

Cyrahk

Smash Journeyman
Oh, ho, Phoenix is much more deserving.

I'd love to see Phoenix be in this game so much. He's such a beast.

Deathborn would be cool, but I'd like to see some other GX characters make it first (Goroh, Jody, Pico, ).

I think that at least, they could consider making an AX character.

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
burrito said:
I had never beat F-Zero GX and just assumed that he was minor, but Black Shadow is still the overall villain of the game.
Um... in F-zero Gx's stroy mode, Deathborn killed the guy... while pleading for his pathetic life... I think Black Shadow has pretty much been dethroned as F-Zero's main villian... In fact, Deathborn was the one calling the shots behind the scenes, so in a sense, he never was.

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
Wow. So the anime did eventually include some GX stuff afterall. It must have been an okay show to run as long as it did in Japan, but I've only seen the 4Kids version, which sucked big time...

parrothead

Smash Lord
Lord_Deathborne said:
Wow. So the anime did eventually include some GX stuff afterall. It must have been an okay show to run as long as it did in Japan, but I've only seen the 4Kids version, which sucked big time...
4Kids ruins almost every anime they touch. The Japanese opening is better than the American opening.

Azukki

Smash Apprentice
If samurai goroh makes it, then I'd say Mr.Contradiction here deserves the next place of the SSBB F zero roster.

He'll have pure evile attacks. BWAHA*shot*

Resting_Fox

Smash Master
Woah, it's like a freaky cross between Samus, Dracula, Astoroth and the Krang Brain.

I like him simply because he's more detailed and flashier than Black Shadow. But, yeah, I could see him using a modification of Ganondorf's old style. Hoping they keep it since it's so widely used.

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
If anyone's seen Tenchi Muyo! and have played though F-Zero GX's story mode, you'd probably notice that Deathborne bears a striking resemblence to Ryoko, as far as powers are concerned. Both form energy swords from their hands as well as energy blasts, both can teleport, and both can fly. Unfortunately DB seems to lack Ryoko regenerative abilities, as you see he is the mess that he is - with the brain case and all... At any rate, this may provide some good ideas as far as developing a moveset for DB - though if he makes it in, he'll likely just take Ganon's place as C. Falcon's clone... :ohwell:

Scarablord

Smash Rookie
If any more F-Zero characters are included after Falcon, then Deathborn would be my first choice as well. Rather him than Goroh or Black Shadow. As has been said, he's more of a villain than Black Shadow and I've never really been a fan of Goroh, personally. Deathborn all the way!

Zodiak-Lucien

Smash Lord
Lord_Deathborne said:
...as far as powers are concerned. Both form energy swords from their hands as well as energy blasts, both can teleport, and both can fly...... At any rate, this may provide some good ideas as far as developing a moveset for DB - though if he makes it in, he'll likely just take Ganon's place as C. Falcon's clone... :ohwell:
form energy blasts, teleport, fly, and make energy swords....that doesnt sound much like captain falcon.

Link'sShadow

Smash Journeyman
I would say he's a lot better than Black Shadow (Though the level you raced him Super easy). But wasn't his main power (that they mention in his Bio) was to teleport anyone into the void of space. That the main reason I list him in my (Boss Mode) Thread.

I know Lord Deathborn could kill Samurai Goroh with a wet noodle, but Goroh has been aroung since the first F-Zero game.

Anyway Pico is my pick.

xianfeng

Smash Hero
Samurai Goroh should be in for the fzero bad guy also the only other fzero character I can see working is Jody Summer so there's more females too!

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
I'm a little confused, on that anime clip parrothead showed, Captain Falcon didn't seem like the main character in either. Sorry is this is a stupid question, but I don't watch the show.

Anyway, I like Deathborne especially after he killed that guy who wore extremely tight spandex and had horns on his head(Black Shadow). I think he should be put in after Goroh though.

FlipTroopa

Smash Lord
Marshigio said:
I'm a little confused, on that anime clip parrothead showed, Captain Falcon didn't seem like the main character in either. Sorry is this is a stupid question, but I don't watch the show.

Anyway, I like Deathborne especially after he killed that guy who wore extremely tight spandex and had horns on his head(Black Shadow). I think he should be put in after Goroh though.
The anime tried to give F-Zero an overarching plot they could work with, and that was the creation of that guy with the spiky brown hair (Rick Wheeler in the US, Ryu Suzaku[?] in Japan). Basically he's a modern day cop who gets "LOL FROZEN" and wakes up in the future. He's thawed by Jody Summers and some other futuristic cops, and is made a part of the F-Zero cast after he realizes how great a sport it is. The rest of the plot... eh :p But they made a GBA F-Zero game based on the anime, F-Zero GP Legend in the US. Sorta like how Pokemon got Yellow Version, or how all the new Kirby games are slowly integrating the anime's interpretation into their games (the newest DS Kirby game adds Dedede's "monster generator" from the anime, and it has his castle from the anime as well).

Anyways, I guess I should talk about Deathborne ^_^;; He's a really badass character, IMO. I would love to see him put in eons before Black Shadow or any other F-Zero villain. Plus, he's got his own style, and a lot of originality and vibe that is lacking in the other villains/rivals (aka, the ENTIRE CAST SANS CAPTAIN FALCON XD).

As you know, I want Daigoroh and Princia pretty badly, but Deathborne: he's up there :)

Sinistar71

Smash Cadet
Now THIS is what I'm talking about! Deathborn is clearly Brawl material. He's unique, he's badass, he's over the top, and he represents both the Gamecube AND the Arcade (if you include AX) I would love to see him, Princia, and Samurai Goroh added to brawl

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
Sinistar71 said:
Now THIS is what I'm talking about! Deathborn is clearly Brawl material. He's unique, he's badass, he's over the top, and he represents both the Gamecube AND the Arcade (if you include AX) I would love to see him, Princia, and Samurai Goroh added to brawl
That's pretty much my list as far as F-Zero representation is concerned, though I would also like to see Pico. With the recent anime series (which did ALOT better in Japan, especially since they weren't stuck with 4Kids to butcher the plot) and the onslaught of GBA titles, I'm expecting F-Zero to get considerable representation this time around.

Sinistar71

Smash Cadet
A possible movelist

This is my first...(takes breath) ok, wish me luck...

B - Darkness Bursting - Deathborn crosses his arms, crouches slightly, and begins to glow a reddish black. When the B button is let go, Deathborn stretches his arms out, shouts, and a sphere of energy envelops him for a few moments. The sphere deals damage to anyone in the sphere's vicinity, including through walls, however, it does little knockback. Holding down the B button charges up the move (just like DK and Samus), the longer you hold down the button, the brighter he glows. Deathborn's charge is around the same as DK's, and the longer the charger, the larger the sphere around deathborn and the more damage it deals. In the air, this move makes a short hop, helping deathborn recover.

>B - Vengful Swipe - Deathborn swipes with his arm in a horizontal chopping motion, with a sword-like beam of energy is quickly trailing behind him. It acts just like Kirby's hammer, only a little faster and less damage.

^B - Darkness Rising - Similar to Zelda, shiek, and mewtwo's ^B, Deathborn vanishes in an explosion of black smoke, and reappears in a swirling tornado of dark energy. this move can go through floors, and the swirl does some damage. Combined with an air Darkness Bursting hop, Deathborn can easily recover from most situations.

v B - Darkness Shining - Deathborn raises his right hand into the air, makes a fist, and slams it into the ground. Upon slaming it, a red column of light rises from the ground and rises up to around double deathborn's height. In the air, Deathborn dives to the ground before slaming his fist, similar to kirby's vB. The air version deals more damage, but the ground version has a wider range.

Brawl - Darkness Genocide - Deathborn shoulder tackles his opponent, knocking him or her down. He then walks towards him, grabs him by the neck, and holds him in the air. As the opponent is dangling, Deathborn electrocutes him through his hand, and then leaps high into the air. Deathborn then dives towards the ground, and slams his opponent, face first, into the ground, bathing them both in a column of bright red light. a skull appears, laughing in the light, and then vanishes. the move does tremendous damage, but has no knockback.

I hope it's allright, any suggestions, comments, etc.?

FlipTroopa

Smash Lord
Sinistar71 said:
This is my first...(takes breath) ok, wish me luck...

I hope it's allright, any suggestions, comments, etc.?
Hey Mikey, he likes it, he likes it! ;)

FlipTroopa

Smash Lord
It was. I especially like the variation of a charged attack in his B, where it radiates out from his body. The forward B is pretty awesome as well. Just the whole attitude this character would bring is awesome

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
well..i think blackshadow and many other characters are more Deserving than Deathborn. I've played every F-zero game pretty competitvely, and knowledgeable on the franchise pretty well,...except i never watched the anime..so i'm in dark there.

But i do think, Deathborn makes a much better character than blackshadow(who looks like batman fused w/ The Tick) He simply has a much more appealing image, although he is relatively new.

Personally...I've always been the hugest fan of Pico, but i realize his character, although always been around since the beginning, has not played as a valuable roll as the villans.

I really don't get samurai goroh, its not that i think we don't need any more swordsmen in the game...but moreso I just see movesets for him to be a little more...stretched from his character...than say Pico who has multiple weapons.

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
Darkness Genocide... Very fitting to old DB's nature...

At any rate, awesome moveset Sinistar! I see you put quite a bit of thought in those moves, especially Darkness Bursting and Vengeful Swipe.

Top Bottom