• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Deathborn for SSBB *Updated Moveset*

Sinistar71

Smash Cadet
I was gonna give him a projectile, but I figured since most of his attacks go through walls and floors and what not, a projectile wouldn't be nessisary. Anyway, I must admit, I spent the least amunt of time on his vB, but it's felt right to me. thanks for the feedback!

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
Your vB is just fine Sinistar - actually, it sounds fairly similar to my suggested vB move for Mach Rider. I think you got something - keep it up.

At any rate, does anyone else have suggestions regarding a moveset or what-not?

xianfeng

Smash Hero
adding deathbourne over goroh for captain falcon's villain is like adding wart over bower for Mario's villain or Krunch over Krool for DK's villain. I would like to see him aswell but after Goroh and maybe after Jody

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
xianfeng said:
adding deathbourne over goroh for captain falcon's villain is like adding wart over bower for Mario's villain or Krunch over Krool for DK's villain. I would like to see him aswell but after Goroh and maybe after Jody
Goroh is more of C. Falcon's "rival" (I say this because while Goroh views him as his rival, C. Falcon doesn't) than a villian. I'm all for including Goroh, but Deathborn would best represent the series as a villian - Goroh is more of a neutral character.

xianfeng

Smash Hero
Lord_Deathborne said:
Goroh is more of C. Falcon's "rival" (I say this because while Goroh views him as his rival, C. Falcon doesn't) than a villian. I'm all for including Goroh, but Deathborn would best represent the series as a villian - Goroh is more of a neutral character.
I still want Goroh in more than Deathbourne because he is more well known (I have never played an Fzero game and I know of him), he is largely considered Captain Falcon's rival and he has been around since the first fzero.

Deathbourne is the most evil admitted but he is also very new, not as well known as Goroh and was proberly only introduced in a game because of that stupid anime (never released down here though :p)

I want 3 new fzero characters added in this order Samurai Goroh, Jody Summer, Deathbourne

bbb

Smash Champion
Lord_Deathborne said:
he'll likely just take Ganon's place as C. Falcon's clone... :ohwell:
If he does I'm all for it! I love Ganondorf now but he simply doesn't make sense. :ohwell:

Sinistar71

Smash Cadet
Thanks for the feedback everyone, but I must disagree with the idea ofDeathborn being a clone. Deathborn shouldn't be a clone, as he could easily have a movelist of his own, but ore importantly, so we can have another original character to play as. I fail to see why he should be brought in for no other reason other then to replace Ganondorf as a clone. Also, I keep envisioning an intense battle between Deathborn and Stafy if they both make it into brawl, what do you think of that?

bbb

Smash Champion
Oh, it's just because I love how Ganondorf plays and I know they'll change him. Maybe there should be an option for some of the characters that return in Brawl to play like they did in Melee, or maybe there shouldn't. Oh well. Yay Death Borne.

Sinistar71

Smash Cadet
Here's an Idea, If deathborn joins brawl, do you think there will be a "story" involving a team up of bowser, ganondorf, Mewtwo, Deathborn, and Metaknight (he'll have to do, as I doubt DeDeDe will make it into brawl) team up to over throuw the hands and obtain their god-like power? I think it could work, though the idea needs some fleshing out...

FlipTroopa

Smash Lord
Sinistar71 said:
Here's an Idea, If deathborn joins brawl, do you think there will be a "story" involving a team up of bowser, ganondorf, Mewtwo, Deathborn, and Metaknight (he'll have to do, as I doubt DeDeDe will make it into brawl) team up to over throuw the hands and obtain their god-like power? I think it could work, though the idea needs some fleshing out...
There's no way Dedede is not in this game; he's number one on Sakurai's poll.

But I digress. I can see something like your event idea, yeah, and it would probably include other villain characters who join the franchise. But all at the same time? Maybe something where you fight Giga Bowser, and the other two are randomized. Or you fight them in a series of matches?

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
I dunno, FlipTroopa... Sakurai did say he wanted to get other developer's characters in before he includes too many of his own - part of the reason MetaKnight didn't make the cut for SSBM. However, as you pointed out, he was the most requested character on the poll - I'm just saying that his inclusion isn't 100% definite (maybe 90%). But there are many characters that I want in before Dedede...

Back on topic... sorta: Would anyone be willing to put together a banner incorporating either my namesake (Deathborn) or Mach Rider? I'd greatly appreciate it.

BIRDMAN22

Smash Journeyman
I am not an f-zero fan but I welcome any new characters that make this game better

Bosses and anybody evil are pretty much always welcomed by me.

Albert Anastasia

Smash Apprentice
yes plz 2 dethborn

I've never actually playerd F-Zero, so the only two guys until now that I knew were Samurai Goroh and Captain Falcon.

But this guy's a brute. That's be insane if he got thrown in.

BIRDMAN22

Smash Journeyman
To a few previous posts: Yes I welcome him but not as a falcon clone. i don't want another clone character added, that takes away from the characters originality and since he is an f-zero character nintendo should be able to make him unique like they did captain falcon

Sinistar71

Smash Cadet
What would Deathborn's stage be? I'm thinking somrthing based on either Lightning(My personal favorite, Perpetual thunderstorms FTW!), Fire Field, Phantom Road, or "Underworld". Since we've already seen what nintendo can do in terms of creativity involving F-Zero levels (Big Blue Was amazing!) how do you think any of these levels would work?

Zodiak-Lucien

Smash Lord
Sinistar71 said:
What would Deathborn's stage be? I'm thinking somrthing based on either Lightning(My personal favorite, Perpetual thunderstorms FTW!), Fire Field, Phantom Road, or "Underworld". Since we've already seen what nintendo can do in terms of creativity involving F-Zero levels (Big Blue Was amazing!) how do you think any of these levels would work?
Underworld has the highest chance, since thats where your raced him in GX.

Gamayun

Smash Cadet
I gotta say this Deathborn guy looks like prime smash bros. material to me. I see no problem with him in brawl.

minkey-boodle

Smash Rookie
I'd take deathborn in this game easily. I mean he's big, he's bad, his brains are exposed the enough for me

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Truly Deathborne is a ferocious looking character.

Sadly, I think that Samurai Goroh or Black Shadow will have more chance that any F-Zero character.

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
I personally want Deathborn and Pico to be added in Brawl. I also want to switch the F-Zero stages out for new ones. Preferably, Aeropolis and Lightning. Those stages are cool. If you beat chapter 7 in story mode you see Deathborn appear with a wave of energy surrounding him, I thought that was pretty cool.

I have a question. In that race between C. Falcon and Deathborn, is that race track in Hell?

TAMASHI

Smash Apprentice
Visual said:
That's a good idea, replacing Ganon's Falcon-clone moveset with this guy and giving Ganon his own moves.
I second that =D
Only they should try to make this guy's moveset a little different, seeing as he's Falcon's enemy and all...=/

Good thinking =D

Sinistar71

Smash Cadet
I still prefer an original moveset over a copy, but I can sort of understand why everyone seems to want Deathborn to be a clone

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
I would much prefer him to have an original moveset myself. I only made that Ganon clone moveset comment because it is a fairly strong possiblity he does make it in. Personally, I hate SSBM Ganon and his bulky ballerina moveset, but sometimes you have to settle for compromise... :ohwell:

tirkaro

Smash Champion
bumped for awesome f-zero villan, deathborne! however one thing that might be going against this guy, is the fact of, well...sakurai is aiming for an E10 rating, but like, this guy shows his BRAINS for crying out loud. and his name...deathborn. it just screams, MATURE. hopefully, that wont stop him from starring in smash.

Zombie Cola

Smash Ace
If Goroh didn't make it I suppose deathborn would be cool, but I'm still hoping for Goroh first.

DokturSea

Smash Lord
When I first started to read this thread, I wasn't all that into Deathborne as a character, but then I read L_D's movelist and I loved it. Good job.

EDIT: Sorry about calling you "L_D", but it's akward saying "I loved Lord_Deathborne's moveset for Lord Deathborne lol".

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
When I first started to read this thread, I wasn't all that into Deathborne as a character, but then I read L_D's movelist and I loved it. Good job.

EDIT: Sorry about calling you "L_D", but it's akward saying "I loved Lord_Deathborne's moveset for Lord Deathborne lol".
I don't mind - atleast you remembered the underscore. :)

Actually it's Sinistar71's moveset (I don't want to get credit for someone else's ideas). And I agree it's a good moveset; hopefully he'll add to it or provide one for another character.

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
Black Shadow over Deathborn??? C'mon... Black Shadow is nothing more than an "evil" Batman ripoff, not to mention Deathborn is his boss and killed his punk *** for failing him one to many times...
Sure he's more recognizable, but not necessarily in a good way (I'v lost count of how many times I've heard "He looks gay." and whatnot...)

Stryks

Smash Hero
He would be cool tough, and, wsorry for deathborne lovers, I want Samurai goroh 1st, THEN deathborne, still Deathborne FTW!

Top Bottom