• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Death Note Mafia - Game Thread - Ovah

Ice and Fire

Zen | Macman
My point is that even if he isn't scum now he has the potential to be as soon as scum gives him a death note.

It is odd though, cuz like you said what if he gives it away?

And some of them have to start off scum, or else scum wouldn't start with the note.

Anyways I agree that other morbid folk should claim

Gargaglione

Smash Lord
Anyways I agree that other morbid folk should claim
Mac, you are saying some absolutely insane things with regards to the setup. Morbid claims just opens the floodgates to WIFOM and handing scum information that could benefit them way more than us.

Still a town read, it's just crazy to claim that. Do you really think the game is so easy as, "Everyone claim this ability, if you don't have it you're not in a scum pool"? That's ridiculous.

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
but then scum know who they can give the deathnote too

im guessing if they give it to someone without the power thats a HUGE no-no because then that person now just has a deathnote, cant use it, and is not kira-aligned

im guessing if someone with morbid composer gets it, their wincon like changes or they cant give the deathnote way unless they die or something

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Why would scum or a kira-gone-town want to create another kira?

Ice and Fire

Zen | Macman
Nah it's not that they wouldn't be in a scum pool (that'd be absurd), I just wanna know so I can see if there are other townies that are actually in the same boat as ruy, that would help me actually believe his claim

Though y'all are right, I take back that selfish sentiment

DJCrinkleCut

Smash Apprentice
NNID
DJCrinkleCut
Mac, (don't feel like finding the post) I said that I have played Mafia, just on other forums.
Sorry that I have not been too active everyone... **** started happening almost exactly when this game started happening ;;

Last edited:

Ice and Fire

Zen | Macman
They would want to because it'd be easier to get a majority. And having another killer, especially if they have a different morbid ability (night vs day) would be beneficial cuz you'd get more kills.

Maybe ryu acts as a back up Kira if Kira dies?

I still really don't understand what would happen if ryu was given the note but then gave it away.

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Notebooks don't add to a cult, it literally swaps the alignment since the kira loses their alignment. If I had a notebook of death and was pro-kira, giving it to Aoi would just make Aoi Kira and me a townie. It's zero-sum.

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Ohhhhhh I'm dumb.

The original pro-kira players remain pro-kira regardless of whether they possess a Death Note. The rules of Sidoh's notebook don't exactly state that's not possible since it just says that those with morbid composer and a Death Note MUST be pro-kira.

Yeah, Aoi has to die, nevermind.

And the more I think about it, Ranmaru's idea of the set-up seems more plausible now.

Orboknown

Smash Hero
Well, some spoilers here.

There was Gelus' notebook who has passed down to Misa Amane from Rem, Sidoh's notebook was passed down to Light Yagami from Ryuk before Sidoh came much later to take it back (much later than the Higuchi arc), and also there was Rem's notebook which was left behind when she dies after the Higuchi arc ends because she kills someone that is alive here in this game to save Light/Misa. In the entire series there was a maximum of three active notebooks held by humans.
Sot heres more than one non mafia kill being passed around? Or does the mafia have the ones not in kiras possession?

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
My only confusion is that how the kiras are supposed to know who to "convert" without them flatout stating as much. Do they have some sort of ability that investigates for it? That seems really strange but... Sigh this is just too much. I'm probably just going to quit thinking about set-up until I get some actual information or else I'm going to go mad from my own stupidity.

Sot heres more than one non mafia kill being passed around? Or does the mafia have the ones not in kiras possession?
Tough to say right now. I'm beginning to doubt there's a proper mafia even at this point. But if a mafia exists as I initially assumed, then I'd imagine they'd possess one Death Note while Kira does, and if there's a third either a Second Kira with the first has it or L is holding onto it.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
They would want to because it'd be easier to get a majority. And having another killer, especially if they have a different morbid ability (night vs day) would be beneficial cuz you'd get more kills.

Maybe ryu acts as a back up Kira if Kira dies?

I still really don't understand what would happen if ryu was given the note but then gave it away.
He'd be scum when he had it but town when he lost it, assuming he's capable of giving it.

For this reason I don't think people can just give away items, likely it's reserved to specific roles, eg shinigami can give death notes and maybe roles that can steal items.

Which basically means it's mostly likely a cult mechanic for specific players, so if you have morbid composer ability don't claim it!

Unless we can confirm we can pass items away it just makes people recruitable. Next game day claim your item target ryu, if they confirm they got it, then we can claim it.

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Alakaslam, I see you. I asked you a question about what you think of Kyryk and Damdred. And I'd also like what those two think of YOU.

Talk to me about that.
You think nothing of what else has been said this phase?

There's nothing to say yet about it. You claimed that you believe "scum" to be individual people spread out among us hidden, therefore the character wouldn't be relevant and that these are just Kiras, therefore that isn't an actual traditional mafia group with characters like Mello, Rod Ross, and Jack Reynor, and if that's the case the SPK most likely isn't a thing either, which is what I've been imagining to exist all this time. Until more information is acquired, there's just too many ?'s for me to not get frustrated and confused at the moment. With the recent discussion I've just been thinking I've been making too many assumptions about what is going on. An Aoi flip and the passing of a Night phase would contribute greatly into painting the picture that is this game.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
You think nothing of what else has been said this phase?
I skimmed anything setup related, I'm only interested in Dayplay. I just got back from the hospital. I asked because I was wondering why you changed now start to see my idea. But I agree, a night flip would help us see a little bit more of the bigger picture.

Orboknown

Smash Hero
Because he's not approaching thisbsetup stuff the last couple pages from a scum mindset.
Hes splurging hige bits of setup knowledge a team could use tl wreck things(see fml zen and dabuz in fea mafi) and hes actively overloading himself thinking about it in public

Orboknown

Smash Hero
Right now without having read the thread while im on lunch?
Ran mac holder town
Adum town lean
Null kuzi you and trg
Rajam is null but could easily be town, his main contributions come pater and his style of posting isnt alognment indicative for him
Uhhhh
Bats is town, cinkle should post more. Slams idek. Forgetting a lot of people

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Where in the hell is Rajam anyway.

@ Damdred Damdred Any recent thoughts? What are your reads on the cast?

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Mac, (don't feel like finding the post) I said that I have played Mafia, just on other forums.
Sorry that I have not been too active everyone... **** started happening almost exactly when this game started happening ;;
Djcrinjkle you can't edit posts, it's against the rules
This is correct. @ DJCrinkleCut DJCrinkleCut . You can mutlipost as much as needed.

For those of you that haven't come across it, a link to the rules can be found in the OP. The current phase as well as the deadline and the latest vote count I did will also be kept in the OP.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Notebooks don't add to a cult, it literally swaps the alignment since the kira loses their alignment. If I had a notebook of death and was pro-kira, giving it to Aoi would just make Aoi Kira and me a townie. It's zero-sum.
Then you would just claim handed a death note to that player and town lyncher them cause a mafia converted to town.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Light Yagami's dad having the morbid composer ability makes 0 sense in the flavor, he acquired the death note and doesn't use it, he goes to the brink and backs off after seeing mello's name even though he trades for the eyes and his inability to go through with it's use results in his death.

I smell fakeclaim.

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
(just rewatched in recently)

besides it doesnt matter if he uses it, he has the potential to use it because he touched it in the series. seems super reasonable

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
he uses it thrice before encountering mello, no? to kill the security guards around the compound
Nope. There's a scene specifically involving how Mello accuses him of never having killed anyone, and later Ryuk says that because he never wrote in the Death Note he escapes the superstitious rule that all those who write in it suffer tragedy.

In addition, watch at 14:40 in this:

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
I skimmed anything setup related, I'm only interested in Dayplay. I just got back from the hospital. I asked because I was wondering why you changed now start to see my idea. But I agree, a night flip would help us see a little bit more of the bigger picture.
You k?

Damdred

Smash Rookie
Right now this is where i'm at, by the way claiming your whole role probably was not the right play at all, might of given scum a free kill really.

Red Ryu- The claim makes sense in context of the flavour even though the posting looks scummy to me at points I think NKs will resolve it and I believe the claim so into the town pile, unless they get CC'd of course.

Adumbrodeus- Seems to have a healthy amount of paranoia and his posts can be seen to come from town hes in the town pile today, wouldn't of lynched today for sure.

KyryK- Early stuff gives me a scum read, and just trying to remember things that they have done outside of early RNG i can't remember. So just on that I wuld say scum.

DJCrinkleCut- I honestly can't remember anything that they have done overall or any reads, they just exist with a few posts here and there, it would be policy lynch until the content has something to go on i think.

th3kuzinator- Some of the recent stuff is a bit meh to me, one post that sticks out to me is telling everyone with the morbid ability to claim that struck me and sticks with me. I'm not sure exactly what to make of it as it could be pretty scummy to find out who to convert or what not.

Mac- Obv town

The Real Gamer- In a few of his posts I got a really good sense of where he was going especially when he was trying to point out some discrepencies that he saw even when he was getting pressured. It seems to me that this would come from a town mindset.

Holder of the Heel- Seems to be thinking things through and I generally like his posts, i have him in my town pile currently.

Alakaslam- This is not town slam, he hasn't done anything insightful hes not looking through the eyes of chupanzi at all for him. He is scum.

The Templar (replaced)- Have to see how they play out tommrow

batsnacks- Super town, hes my batbaby

I just copy pasted from my notes document, so hopefully i didn't miss anyone in my haste.

Top Bottom