• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Death Note Mafia - Game Thread - Ovah

Orboknown

Smash Hero
Read over night.agree ryu can die. Dontt hink it should be right away, dount scum would throw out the death note ability thing to town right away
Other than that **** didnt change much

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
who was jailed n1? Speak up?
NOBODY ANSWER THAT!

Da**** why in God's name would you ask this, basically the only way people would know if they are jailed is if they have an active night power that got blocked. In turn, you're pretty much claiming jailer with an off chance that you have access to that knowledge.

Vig and a scum kill and a kira kill? Thats a lot of firepower to throw around even for 17 people
Kira kill's presumably the scum kill, though it's possible they have more then 1 kira kill because multiple death notes. Looking at how many people have guns, we seem to have several potential vigs floating around actually. The shot + rajam's gun means at least 2.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
##Aoi Inu
still obvious scum

Kuz why is Aoi Inu. And don't give me that you're both morbid ****, I was thinking the same stuff TRG brought up before the day ended. And you were defending Red Ryu even before he claimed

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
The reason I asked the first Q is that as town there's no reason to out that information. Since me having bullets isn't indicative of my alignment why bring it up?

the 3rd question was mostly why was gargs over gorf when your reason for voting gargs was because you didn't understand his push on gorf. when you started understanding the reasoning for GorfScum why did gargs stay higher than gorf? saying because he's scummier doesn't really answer the question

anyways imma leave you alone, gl with your finals. just send that gun off
respond to this Red Ryu

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
adum, holder got that death note image from the-man's kill in dawn yesterday. Don't be questionin my ambassadors

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Rajam kill is obvious vig or sk pretending to be vig kill.

And lack of a mafia kill suggests they don't have the eyes, which means they need names to kill so nobody reveal names in your chatrooms.
By Vig do you mean Kira(s)? The murderer could've easily wrote "Shoots himself through chest" indeed to disguise the note book kill as a Vig kill.

I'm pretty certain it was the Death Note myself. I'd have thought that, if there is a Mafia, they'd kill at Night whereas Kira(s) kills during the Day. The eyes probably weren't needed but still could've been a part of the equation given that killing Wammy in general would just seem like a good idea to them, as in, it might not have been just an "easy" kill, as eye-less morbid composers would be seeking.

Wammy having been a vig is something I predicted as being likely, and nothing about his ID says that he gets in contact with L. The nature of the gun gives credence to Aoi's description of it, so I suppose it's the truth, though that does little to make me favor his slot because that means nothing for day-play and the possession of the morbid composer ability. Therefore for now I'll place myself where I was in the previous day: ##Aoi Inu

@#HBC | Ranmaru Were you robbed last night? Bats seemingly hasn't been. I ask because the only way I can see people dying who aren't in a group is either through the eyes, which we can't ascertain yet, or through having their ID stolen.

To hide identity is hard for the butthijole! I speak so much CHUPAZI all the time that-

Oh yeah.

Ahem.

Adopting any persona I like shouldn't be too hard. However, I haven't been particularly guarded, so in my chatroom there likely is no mafia. Or I overestimate the mafia's ability to discern my highly unusual take on everything, even when speaking normally.

Ah, going to have to agree; we still call Aoi red huh?

##Aoi Inu
Unless of course you're lying about the group or your own innocence, or he has written one of you down for a later phase to reveal his presence later. Don't be so eager to waft away suspicion from your team and by extension yourself.

KyryK

Smash Cadet
I've asked Zen to find me a replacement, i'll do what i can to prevent my replacement being necessary but if things keep going like they are i'm just not gonna have the time to play this properly. I'm sorry, i'll try to get on later if i can but for now i don't have the time to do anything worthwhile.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
RR's claim is BS, he's the play.

By Vig do you mean Kira(s)? The murderer could've easily wrote "Shoots himself through chest" indeed to disguise the note book kill as a Vig kill.

I'm pretty certain it was the Death Note myself. I'd have thought that, if there is a Mafia, they'd kill at Night whereas Kira(s) kills during the Day. The eyes probably weren't needed but still could've been a part of the equation given that killing Wammy in general would just seem like a good idea to them, as in, it might not have been just an "easy" kill, as eye-less morbid composers would be seeking.
Firstly, terminology issue, in this game mafia = pro-kira faction, which would include Kira himself. The mafia from the source could exist but their membership falls into the anti-kira faction, though they could have other wincons as well, in essence being a third party, but as of right now no evidence they exist in game.

Targetting marks it as vigkill, rajam makes no sense as a mafia kill unless he was the only possible target which I HIGHLY doubt.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Huh... looks like RR came through with his self vote, despite the fact that its meaningless in this setup since a majority vote doesn't do anything.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
The reason I asked the first Q is that as town there's no reason to out that information. Since me having bullets isn't indicative of my alignment why bring it up?

the 3rd question was mostly why was gargs over gorf when your reason for voting gargs was because you didn't understand his push on gorf. when you started understanding the reasoning for GorfScum why did gargs stay higher than gorf? saying because he's scummier doesn't really answer the question

anyways imma leave you alone, gl with your finals. just send that gun off
Because I wanted to get that info out. I can check another player today and I intend to before I get offed.

No you don't get it. I did understand why he voted Gorf but found it to be very shallow and not really strong to make that much of a call out on him. And low and behold it was. I got the reasoning, but I could see town Gorf do the same kind of read given what I know he does to players in other games. Garg's call out makes no sense given if I can see that from Gorf, Garg should have more easily been able to see why he made the reaction and reads he did.

My gun also got stolen before I could hand it off to you. Zen told me my action failed.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Huh... looks like RR came through with his self vote, despite the fact that its meaningless in this setup since a majority vote doesn't do anything.
I have zero intent on stopping my own lynch, instead trying to get people to use this day phase on players who rightfully so need to be called out and made to do something more.

Gargaglione

Smash Lord
@ Gargaglione Gargaglione , @Ronike, @ adumbrodeus adumbrodeus , @th3kuzinator: Red Ryu is the play right? If not who is? If so, who else should we be looking at?
Ryu is indeed the play.

There is also still scum between Kyryk/Damdred/Slam. That (unfamiliarity) would explain why I am having as much difficulty as I am with picking up reads Ryu flips scum, I'll focus on the former 2 over Slam due to him trying to swing a Ruy lynch near deadline yesterday. If Ryu flips town, then they all still look like ass but at least Slam tried to be active in pushing a lynch? Kyryk from what I remember has had no scumreads and Damdred could easily be coasting scum. If Kyryk flipped scum, adum is likely town for being the only one to push him for as long as he has. I also am harboring suspicions that there is scum between adum and Ronike. Ronike's town:ratio **** was utterly bizarre and it is beginning to hit me that such analysis makes more sense from scum than town.

Gargaglione

Smash Lord
There is no reason you should assume that was a vig shot.

Why did you come to this conclusion given the multiple better ones.

If that was a vig shot that was an awful shot.
Man, am I glad that you are dying today.

Rajam is the perfect vig shot; his reads were whack as hell, he was playing 10 pages behind, and he was about 50X more useful to scum than town. Are you seriously trying to say that the scumteam wasted their kill on someone so worthless? Get that **** out of here.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
@th3kuzinator Should I be town reading Macman when he made 2 really scummy suggestions yesterday?

One was for all morbid players to out.

The second was giving scum a free pass to off me today and be held not accountable for it.

Yes or no?

Gargaglione

Smash Lord
Ryu is indeed the play.

There is also still scum between Kyryk/Damdred/Slam. That (unfamiliarity) would explain why I am having as much difficulty as I am with picking up reads Ryu flips scum, I'll focus on the former 2 over Slam due to
EBWOP: picking up reads. If Ryu flips scum...

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
Because I wanted to get that info out. I can check another player today and I intend to before I get offed.

No you don't get it. I did understand why he voted Gorf but found it to be very shallow and not really strong to make that much of a call out on him. And low and behold it was. I got the reasoning, but I could see town Gorf do the same kind of read given what I know he does to players in other games. Garg's call out makes no sense given if I can see that from Gorf, Garg should have more easily been able to see why he made the reaction and reads he did.

My gun also got stolen before I could hand it off to you. Zen told me my action failed.
why did you want to get that information out is the question

if you could see that from gorf and the push was so bad, why did you eventually agree with the gorf push and vote him?

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Man, am I glad that you are dying today.

Rajam is the perfect vig shot; his reads were whack as hell, he was playing 10 pages behind, and he was about 50X more useful to scum than town. Are you seriously trying to say that the scumteam wasted their kill on someone so worthless? Get that **** out of here.
Over Alakaslam? Someone less active?

Rajam's reads suck usually day 1, he plays better as the game goes on.

Rajam was a town read for me and not worth shooting.

I hope you got copped.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
why did you want to get that information out is the question

if you could see that from gorf and the push was so bad, why did you eventually agree with the gorf push and vote him?
Because I found it to be more useful to out. I will be checking and outing my next one and I ain't listing to you on who I check.

It was that or my lynch, and I liked Garg a bit more going into the end of day 1. He made better posts on why he wanted Gorf gone and some other points.

Gargaglione

Smash Lord
Over Alakaslam? Someone less active?

Rajam's reads suck usually day 1, he plays better as the game goes on.

Rajam was a town read for me and not worth shooting.

I hope you got copped.
Rajam was at the bottom of the barrel when it comes to activity. No one cares if his reads get better; they were terrible here and he deservedly got shot for it.

And yeah, I hope I got copped over the players you just listed too. That would be some great cop play right there -_-

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
saying you found it useful to be out isn't telling me anything about why the information was useful to be out, or why you decided to out it then

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Ryu is indeed the play.

There is also still scum between Kyryk/Damdred/Slam. That (unfamiliarity) would explain why I am having as much difficulty as I am with picking up reads Ryu flips scum, I'll focus on the former 2 over Slam due to him trying to swing a Ruy lynch near deadline yesterday. If Ryu flips town, then they all still look like *** but at least Slam tried to be active in pushing a lynch? Kyryk from what I remember has had no scumreads and Damdred could easily be coasting scum. If Kyryk flipped scum, adum is likely town for being the only one to push him for as long as he has. I also am harboring suspicions that there is scum between adum and Ronike. Ronike's town:ratio **** was utterly bizarre and it is beginning to hit me that such analysis makes more sense from scum than town.
When did the bolded happen?

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Rajam was at the bottom of the barrel when it comes to activity. No one cares if his reads get better; they were terrible here and he deservedly got shot for it.

And yeah, I hope I got copped over the players you just listed too. That would be some great cop play right there -_-
You seem to be assuming it had to be a vig shot when there is no reason to assume such, which seems to suggest you have knowledge it is a vig shot and not another source.

There were multiple better vig shot than Rajam and I stand by that.

Top Bottom