• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Death Note Mafia - Game Thread - Ovah

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Also at worst with Slam, I remember him wanting me dead for being wishy washy, i don't even know what this means and his posts still have given me no way to read him.

Gargaglione

Smash Lord
As for what I think of those 2 things you pointed out, yeah they're bad but I think he just got caught up in tunneling you which clouded his judgement. Such as him asking for the morbid composer claim; he was taking a risk that no one else would claim it and thus make you look worse. Also, him depriving scum of accountability I just see as irritability over the fact that the players he would expect to cooperate to get **** done have been bashing each others heads in and him overextending in pushing your lynch because he feels like we're flubbing it. I see more a frustrated townie than scum doing anything malicious.

And yeah, I have no qualms with people hating on Damdred. Him/Kyryrk are where I would be pushing otherwise for reasons I've said a few times. You do bring up a good point with that quote and I would pretend to say that I'm interested in how he explains that, but really I'd rather just lynch him/Kyryk once we either lynch you or decide to go someone else today.

Orboknown

Smash Hero
I didn't speak up because I frankly would think a vig would shoot among the four names I dropped over Rajam. This is still unproven either way.

You did two things that caught my eye yesterday both of which I found to be far more pro scum. The first was asking all the people who could be converted to claim, this is very scummy because town doesn't benefit from knowing this unless they know someone was converted with absolute certainty. With a mass claim like that you would be directly helping scum know who they could convert.

The second was how I had to die no matter what since even if town I had to die due to my morbid part. You were giving a lot of players an easy out to lynching me instead of actual dedication like Gamer has vs a lot of people who have been tacking on votes. They can't be held accountable and make it harder on my town flip for people to actually judge them since you directly were giving them an easy out to lynching me vs actually making a hard stance.

Answer my question of who you think is scum other than me, because unlike Gamer I expect a lot more from you of you playing around here more often. Otherwise I'm A-ok with just dying and questioning people vs answering you.
First off, arguing who you think killed rajam isnt going to help when there can be any number of things to do it, especially woth the guns that can get passed around.
Second, you think those two things outbalance all the other stuffmac has dkne this game? Why did you decide to follow kuzi day one?
Garg/mac,whatchu bmake of ronike?
Kuz how you reading adum?adum same for kuz please?

Orboknown

Smash Hero
You mean the things other ppl pointed out that ryu is just parroting in order to make me look bad to get the heat off him

Let's not give others the impression that ruy might actually be doing something useful this game
No,but ryu doesnt have this much kf a dpine as scum plus hess tepped it up d2.i know he can gegt converted with that morbid claim but i doubt he has and we can keep him for awhile while we trimother areas

DJCrinkleCut

Smash Apprentice
NNID
DJCrinkleCut
Dkc, why aren't you getting on holder's nuts for suggesting it in the first place? Do you think I'm scum?
I think it was a very stupid suggestion that is uncharacteristic of what I've made of Holder so far, and you coasting before immediately backtracking caught my eye.
I'm not going to go and say you're 100% scum -- I don't play that way -- but it's definitely something to take note of.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
You mean the things other ppl pointed out that ryu is just parroting in order to make me look bad to get the heat off him

Let's not give others the impression that ruy might actually be doing something useful this game
I'm asking people to take a stance on your actions and to get people to speak up.

Do you think this is not the case?

Who is scum outside if me?

Gargaglione

Smash Lord

No need to be salty, Ryu isn't going anywhere. Also, don't you think that scum is likelier to stay out of your way considering the way this game is going? I wouldn't be voting Ryu if I hadn't agreed to help you kill him.

Hey DJC, let's say I gave you a gun with 3 bullets but Ice and Fire is impervious to bullets. Who would you shoot and why?

Also, people need to get off Mac's nuts. A lot of the discussion is centralized around him but he isn't scummy. I'm getting tired of seeing people walk into the thread attacking one of the towniest players we have; it doesn't help us find scum.

DJCrinkleCut

Smash Apprentice
NNID
DJCrinkleCut
Hey DJC, let's say I gave you a gun with 3 bullets but Ice and Fire is impervious to bullets. Who would you shoot and why
Well I want Bats to come in and explain what the **** he's saying with his recent posts.
Other than that I don't ****ing know, I generally hold off on that **** before I have enough conviction. Yeah, I realize that that is basically dodging the question, but it's just the way I do things.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
3 peeps id shoot:

Red - cause he's scum
Kuz - cause of the distancing b/t him and Ryu
DJC - cause hid recent play is buns and I'd he's town he needs to step it up

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Well I want Bats to come in and explain what the **** he's saying with his recent posts.
Other than that I don't ****ing know, I generally hold off on that **** before I have enough conviction. Yeah, I realize that that is basically dodging the question, but it's just the way I do things.
How much mafia have you played before?

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
No need to be salty, Ryu isn't going anywhere. Also, don't you think that scum is likelier to stay out of your way considering the way this game is going? I wouldn't be voting Ryu if I hadn't agreed to help you kill him.

Hey DJC, let's say I gave you a gun with 3 bullets but Ice and Fire is impervious to bullets. Who would you shoot and why?

Also, people need to get off Mac's nuts. A lot of the discussion is centralized around him but he isn't scummy. I'm getting tired of seeing people walk into the thread attacking one of the towniest players we have; it doesn't help us find scum.
Who does he think is scum after me?

If he told me or have any indication I wouldn't be on his nuts.

Orboknown

Smash Hero
First off, arguing who you think killed rajam isnt going to help when there can be any number of things to do it, especially woth the guns that can get passed around.
Second, you think those two things outbalance all the other stuffmac has dkne this game? Why did you decide to follow kuzi day one?

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
I think both are incredibly gross and a relook at him.

I followed Kuz because I asked why he wanted my vote on Garg, he gave me an answer so I voted.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Light Yagami's dad having the morbid composer ability makes 0 sense in the flavor, he acquired the death note and doesn't use it, he goes to the brink and backs off after seeing mello's name even though he trades for the eyes and his inability to go through with it's use results in his death.

I smell fakeclaim.
This is the serious backbone that made you to want me dead?

Not my bad play, but flavor of a role?

Orboknown

Smash Hero
If there is anyone who possesses the Morbid Composer ability but is in fact a townie, please step forward because remaining silent about it hurts town. If you wish to be a part of the town and not ever be pro-kira, that is the choice you should make. You don't have to be afraid if you do it if you're not being grilled for your play like Aoi has been.
This is before macs post about it i think

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
I've consistently held kuz as town, he's given me no reason to think otherwise

This has been nagging at me the whole night, why suggest this? What could the town possibly have to gain from this?

I don't think lynching Red Ryu is a good idea. Why exactly do you guys think he's so scummy? Because he roleclaimed?
I can't speak for others' reasons but for me, his claim stinks as I explained last day phase.
I'd prefer if we referred to two different types of entities separately since it is less confusing, whether they exist or not.

Rajam needn't be the only possible target, he was Wammy and thus likely a PR. And even if there aren't eyes, unfortunately he was easily the most obvious to kill; I knew with 100% certainty who he was directly before coming into this phase and I'm confident so did multiple others.

Also kuz was obviously the best vig shot. We might end up wasting two days killing players that have the power to convert, neither player being very appetizing to keep from a gameplay standpoint either comparatively speaking. Rajam's reads were odd and he posted little, but that doesn't really make him stand out when compared to some others who didn't bother scum reading at all or contributed even less.
Oh, good job rajam >_<, ok that makes a great deal more sense now.

This is the serious backbone that made you to want me dead?

Not my bad play, but flavor of a role?
You're seriously trying to argue that flavor not matching, especially in a game that's so flavor intensive, isn't indicative of a fakeclaim?
I will help you lynch Kyryk tomorrow. Also, talk to me about direction past Ryu/Kyryk. You've thrown out a lot of town reads. Is Ronike still among them?
Prior town reads are still town reads unless I state otherwise.

Which basically means I'm happy with these people dying: Red Ryu, KyryK, DJCrinkleCut, The Real Gamer, Ranmaru, Orboknown.

Oh ya, got a town lean on holder too.

Scythe through those people and we have our scumteam, hopefully I can narrow it down a bit more as the game goes on and get more priority targets beyond RR but it's a damn good start.

Orboknown

Smash Hero
Better yet what makes him not scum? Because kuz claimed the same thing like ruy did with the composer stuff so wouldnt that make him a lynch priority as well?

Ronike

Smash Ace
Ummm, yeah no.

I want you to give more than that for some substance on why we should let people off me without really looking elsewhere.

If people are deadset on lynching me, I don't care. But not at the expense of getting nothing done.
I fully intend to do so, I just need the time to look through the thread, which I fully intend to do, at least mostly, at some point tomorrow hopefully? I do at least promise to post something of worth, and not just Johns tomorrow. Do not concern yourself too much for my sake.:awesome:

@ adumbrodeus adumbrodeus I would suggest reviewing Kuz's late day 1 play. I was pretty far in town kuz camp until that point, but there were some really weird things in there towards the end of the day. if you have an alternate explanation for why he would claim morbid with no reason, as well as push others to claim, I would love to hear it. As mentioned, I do intend to look very closely at his play, as well as Ryu's, and not if he's a play or not, but second opinions on weirdness like that always help.

At any rate, Im sleeping now. I will be back tomorrow evening.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
I've consistently held kuz as town, he's given me no reason to think otherwise

I can't speak for others' reasons but for me, his claim stinks as I explained last day phase.

Oh, good job rajam >_<, ok that makes a great deal more sense now.

You're seriously trying to argue that flavor not matching, especially in a game that's so flavor intensive, isn't indicative of a fakeclaim?

Prior town reads are still town reads unless I state otherwise.

Which basically means I'm happy with these people dying: Red Ryu, KyryK, DJCrinkleCut, The Real Gamer, Ranmaru, Orboknown.

Oh ya, got a town lean on holder too.

Scythe through those people and we have our scumteam, hopefully I can narrow it down a bit more as the game goes on and get more priority targets beyond RR but it's a damn good start.
Because this is incredibly shallow.

Even worse that Zen would **** up a claim of you think it was a safe claim.

Top Bottom