• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Death Note Mafia - Game Thread - Ovah

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
I'm not really considered with his actions to Gorf atm over you answering his question because you answering actually helps me figure out a read on you.
thank god ruy, thank god.

@ala: he was always and is still null. my stance on his was to promote discussion

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
It was how you were earlier than bugged me.

If you gave it later, that isn't the issue over your initial position.
I don't like how he didn't want to taker a stance on claiming
So going by your logic being neutral on claiming = scum right?

i think it might be a good idea for everyone to claim
I agree that this may be a good idea
Both of these posts seem pretty neutral to me, so you think they're scum too right?

Your reasoning doesn't add up and now you only want to switch your vote from me just to keep seeming town, right?

Ronike

Smash Ace
So when kuz doesn't follow up on pushing Gorf like he says he will, it's cool. But when I don't follow up answering a question because I want to hold him accountable to his word, then it's a huge problem.
You honestly don't think it would be scummy if kuz switched to pushing Gorf when he has said you are the scummier of the two? He has said that he sees a correlation between the two of you, but is more confident in you being scum. So why would he NOT vote for you?

So Ronike, why does me not answering a question make me likelier to be scum? That's the best you've got at this point in the game? Please walk me through your thought process of not wanting to vote me a little while ago to hopping the wagon now.
Very honestly part of the vote is me wanting you to answer the damn question, both because I honestly want to know what you will say because it will help my read on you, and also because playing with people that won't answer questions makes online mafia really hard, and isn't something I really want to do.

The other part to my "hopping on the wagon" is that while I did not think you were suspicious enough to vote for before, I also said I didn't like some of your play. I still stand by wondering why you FOS'd on the first day of a game where we don't lynch based on majority. I still think your two face post sounded a bit off. And I definetly still think you are being overly difficult about answering a simple question: what did or do you think was Bats thinking?

Alakaslam

Smash Ace
thank god ruy, thank god.

@ala: he was always and is still null. my stance on his was to promote discussion
This gives clarity to my comprehension.

Seems you were quite successful but this garg- should he be scum I will experience shame, for do you see i townread him earlier.

How am I not scummy for this?

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Like, I can judge Kuz later based on what he does with Gorf or other interactions, but saying that you won't go over your thought process on Bat and answer Kuz. Stonewalling on principle will not work.

So going by your logic being neutral on claiming = scum right?
Not so much straight neutrality over an approach of how someone take neutrality. I thought you were playing to the crowd a lot more than what I would expect from an "idk" answer.

It's how you approached it, you went with the crowd for appeasement without actually giving an answer you did have.

Alakaslam

Smash Ace
Since I did as does ronike, I will answe garg.

Yes, actually. Refusing to address a question is rarely a townie move, hence it is the only thing making. Me comfortable voting you; might want to address it? What was Batsnacks trying to do?

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Not so much straight neutrality over an approach of how someone take neutrality. I thought you were playing to the crowd a lot more than what I would expect from an "idk" answer.

It's how you approached it, you went with the crowd for appeasement without actually giving an answer you did have.
I always look to appease the masses you can look at any other game I've played and you'll find the same thing, and I've already explained why.

Does this make me scum? If yes then why are you so quick to take your vote from me?

I'm not liking your reasoning or intent at all.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
I always look to appease the masses you can look at any other game I've played and you'll find the same thing, and I've already explained why.

Does this make me scum? If yes then why are you so quick to take your vote from me?

I'm not liking your reasoning or intent at all.
I don't have a problem with someone trying to appease to people if I can see why.

Not trying to step on peoples toes reads as someone who isn't taking a risk, which is what I see from you.

My vote is not on you because I think Garg is more fruitful and I have more doubt I would be wrong on you than with Garg at this time.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
...what in the hell?
The difference is I am making a stance in agreement because my reads are the same.

I didn't sit on a null and not develop it, I asked and tried to look at Gorf v Garg to try and figure out why people wanted my vote there.

I didn't do it because a lot of people were voting or wanted once direction, I did it because it I agreed and sheeped another reasoning.

Your case is different, you didn't try and out yourself out there until called on.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Right so a page 1 neutral stance on claiming is scummy as hell, but sheeping 2 wagons in a row isn't suspicious at all.

I'll keep that in mind.

Gargaglione

Smash Lord
You honestly don't think it would be scummy if kuz switched to pushing Gorf when he has said you are the scummier of the two? He has said that he sees a correlation between the two of you, but is more confident in you being scum. So why would he NOT vote for you?

Very honestly part of the vote is me wanting you to answer the damn question, both because I honestly want to know what you will say because it will help my read on you, and also because playing with people that won't answer questions makes online mafia really hard, and isn't something I really want to do.

The other part to my "hopping on the wagon" is that while I did not think you were suspicious enough to vote for before, I also said I didn't like some of your play. I still stand by wondering why you FOS'd on the first day of a game where we don't lynch based on majority. I still think your two face post sounded a bit off. And I definetly still think you are being overly difficult about answering a simple question: what did or do you think was Bats thinking?
No, I don't think it'd be scummy because Gorf is scummy and voting scummy people usually isn't scummy. It'd be great. He wouldn't vote me because he said he was going to vote Gorf, but hey, here we go back again to kuz talking out of his ass again. I'm just the only one who won't tolerate it.

I am bit grossed out that much of your reasoning lacks, "because it's scummy."

I FOS'd because I had my vote on Gamer at the time and was fine with it being there. I FOS'd while voting, big whoop.

Also, I love how I'm being voted by the guy who said "hey guys, I will expound on my reasoning for X later" when I'm doing the EXACT same thing with Gorf. I'll say my piece with time, just not now because Gorf needs to engage me and due to me being the lone person in this game not willing to be on kuz's ****. If you guys want to try and push the words out of me, then you're just engaging in an exercise of futility. Gorf posts. I do my thing. That's all there is to it and I don't care about the demands in the meantime. If kuz had just stuck to his word, I would be playing ball right now.

Speaking of which, kuz, you should probably have realized by now that nearly everyone who's posted has agreed with you or buttered you up at some point or other, so I'm just letting you know that if you're Town that the scumteam is riding your waves (even before you started wagoning me) and you'll have to take off the rose-colored glasses sooner or later. Feel free to keep wagoning me but understand that once this debacle passes.

Gargaglione

Smash Lord
In other news, no wonder why kuz is held in such high esteem. People are actually sheeping him because it's kuz. He probably does this as scum too then people turn around and wonder, 'Damn, why did we lose?'

Lol on some real ****. No offense intended to kuz he's just doing his thing it's just baffling on the part of the sheep.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
In other news, no wonder why kuz is held in such high esteem. People are actually sheeping him because it's kuz. He probably does this as scum too then people turn around and wonder, 'Damn, why did we lose?'

Lol on some real ****. No offense intended to kuz he's just doing his thing it's just baffling on the part of the sheep.
Do you think Kuz could be scum?

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352

I don't sheep on name alone.

Ronike

Smash Ace
No, I don't think it'd be scummy because Gorf is scummy and voting scummy people usually isn't scummy. It'd be great. He wouldn't vote me because he said he was going to vote Gorf, but hey, here we go back again to kuz talking out of his *** again. I'm just the only one who won't tolerate it.
This is stupid. Kuz thinks you are scummier, and thus is voting you. Why would he switch to Gorf if he thinks you are scummier.

I am bit grossed out that much of your reasoning lacks, "because it's scummy."
Except I did say the parts where I thought you were being scummy? Here, maybe you need me to rephrase ;)

I still stand by wondering why you FOS'd on the first day of a game where we don't lynch based on majority because it's scummy. I still think your two face post sounded a bit scummy. And I definetly still think you are being overly difficult about answering a simple question: what did or do you think was Bats thinking? because it's scummy.

Does that make you feel better?

Also, I love how I'm being voted by the guy who said "hey guys, I will expound on my reasoning for X later" when I'm doing the EXACT same thing with Gorf. I'll say my piece with time, just not now because Gorf needs to engage me and due to me being the lone person in this game not willing to be on kuz's ****. If you guys want to try and push the words out of me, then you're just engaging in an exercise of futility. Gorf posts. I do my thing. That's all there is to it and I don't care about the demands in the meantime. If kuz had just stuck to his word, I would be playing ball right now.
Yup, but I said numerous times that I was going to answer later. I think this is the first time you said anywhere you would answer the question when Gorf posts. Also? You have no reason not to be answering a question that was directed directly at you, that has nothing to do with Gorf. So nope. There's no reason you have to hold off on answering, unless you need more time to think up an answer.

Gargaglione

Smash Lord
Do you think Kuz could be scum?
Maybe, but I would not lynch him today. If he is, it barely matters because we are probably ****ed due to how many people are sheeping him and it wouldn't be found until later in the game if at all anyway. The people who could peg him will likely be dead at that point. Right now I say it's unlikely that he's scum though.

This is stupid. Kuz thinks you are scummier, and thus is voting you. Why would he switch to Gorf if he thinks you are scummier.
Dude, kuz says that I'm scummier, but his word is worth nothing due to the amount of feint plays he has done. Earlier, me and Gorf were both scum, now it's just me and he knows I'm scum, yet he's using qualifiers that confirm doubt on his end, but he has to wait for Gorf, it's like who even cares what stance he has to say on it at this point? He's like the Andy Kaufman of mafia. I'm not taking him at face value like you are.

Except I did say the parts where I thought you were being scummy? Here, maybe you need me to rephrase ;)

I still stand by wondering why you FOS'd on the first day of a game where we don't lynch based on majority because it's scummy. I still think your two face post sounded a bit scummy. And I definetly still think you are being overly difficult about answering a simple question: what did or do you think was Bats thinking? because it's scummy.

Does that make you feel better?
Well yeah you said this, but that doesn't change the fact that your reasoning prior to it had nothing to do with scumminess. If it doesn't have anything to do with scumminess, then why even say it? I just responded to your FOS thing and the big mystery of what Bats was doing won't be solved until Gorf posts.

Yup, but I said numerous times that I was going to answer later. I think this is the first time you said anywhere you would answer the question when Gorf posts. Also? You have no reason not to be answering a question that was directed directly at you, that has nothing to do with Gorf. So nope. There's no reason you have to hold off on answering, unless you need more time to think up an answer.
Please, my answer has everything to do with Gorf because his perception of bat's actions contradict mine to the point that I can't believe he was honest in his assessment.

I'm going to be busy tomorrow, I'll be able to post a bit but not be as active as I am now. It will get better the following day though.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Vote Count

Alive [17]: Aoi Inu, Adumbrodeus (ad.), Rajam, Gorf (Grf), KyryK (Kyr), DJCrinkleCut, th3kuzinator, Ronike (Rni), Mac, The Real Gamer (Trg), Holder of the Heel (Hld), Ranmaru, Alakaslam, The Templar, Damdred (De.), batsnacks, Gargaglion (Gr.)

Vote History

Designated Lynch = Red

#1 - #40
Kyr [1] Gr.
Kyr [2] Gr. | Bat
Kyr [3] Gr. | Bat | Mac
Bat [1] Grf
De. [1] Kyr
Ala [1] Hld
Kyr [4] Gr. | Bat | Mac | Rni
Ala [2] Hld | Trg

#41 - # 80
Kyr [3] Gr. | Mac | Rni
Rni [1] Bat
Trg [1] Kuz
Kyr [2] Gr. | Rni
Trg [2] Kuz | Mac
Kyr [1] Rni
>Trg [2] Kuz | Mac
Trg [3] Kuz | Mac | Gr.

#81 - #120
Ala [1] Trg

#121 - #160
Ala [0]
Trg [2]
Kuz | Gr.
Grf [1] Mac

#161 - #200
Trg [1] Gr.
Gr. [1]
Kuz
Trg [2] Gr. | Aoi
Trg [1] Gr.
Gr. [2] Kuz | Aoi
Trg [0]
Grf [2]
Gr. | Mac
Aoi [1] Trg

#201 - #240
Kyr [0]
Gr. [3]
Kuz | Aoi | Rni
Gr. [4] Kuz | Aoi | Rni | Ala

#241 - Current
Rni [1]

Currently Designated to be Lynched:

Gargaglione [4] - t3hkuzinator | Aoi Inu | Ronike | Alakaslam

Last edited:

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
You know how I know you're bsing? You said "etc." as a reason for why claiming at the beginning of d1 is a good idea.

Maintaining a reasonable track record in the thread? What?

Unlocking more secrets to the setup? What?

"etc." ??? WHAT?

Claiming can -only- hurt town this early on because it paints them as a target. If scum claims it doesn't hurt them at all, it just gives them the slightest bit extra cred. to their name. So why claim?
:|

miller

i dont wanna play semantics witchu cuz its not worth riding home about. youre objectively wrong when you say claiming early or wanting to claim early is scummy and are stuck in a world where mechanical tells are pulled and thats it. i bet you agree with lynch all liars no exception.

Let's play a game, my friend. Flip a coin. Heads, you tell me, "Garg, I am terrible at mafia and am reaching ridiculously hard to paint a player in a negative light who doesn't deserve to be. I want to apologize for making so many stupidass comments that shouldn't be listened to by anyone. I'm sorry."

Tails? You say, "I'm scum."

I don't buy these quotes and I'm depressed and shocked that no one else in the thread challenged you on them because they're terrible. So, are you really this atrocious at mafia, Gorf?

FOS: Gorf
well thats because theyre not terrible and should be considered. truth be told my days been busy which is why ive had misinfo like missing mac n ronike actually suggest claiming (and afterward i subsequently dropped that point of suspicion), and with that logic follows me thinking its weird that he didnt address "the only player to openly agree to a claim."

tldr hop off my **** dawg

ran mac provisional crew crew.

alak needs to stop talking about stupid setup things or offsite inside jokes and give me reads.
alakaSLAM(ma jamma)

real gamer said:
Gorf y u reaching brah?
the quote you posted is advocating an offsite communication claim, except simultaneously sugar coating it with not giving a firm stance about the subject, cuz you have TOO much leeway out of it.

y u reachin?

Rajam

Smash Champion
Alakaslam why did you start the game without voting (in your triple-post)? Why did you ignore KyryK's initial post?

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
not completely caught up yet but Kuz while you might be right about gargy, your actual push is pretty awful.

also the way Red Ruy hopped on the TRG and gargy bandwagons is gross and consider myself voting him in spirit

Rajam

Smash Champion
batsnacks just stop posting

also @ Damdred Damdred and smashboards newbies, if you don't want to get meta'd like this, feel free to uncheck the 'Show Online Status' box found when hovering over your username in the topbar.

for reference:
What why would you give him tools to hide

This is not how a townie thinks

##MAC

Damdred

Smash Rookie
Bats looks really town to me, hes trying to find scum in his normal ways which is a good thing.

Slam... i'm not so sure of yet I hate seeing him so passive hes not really playing at all which worries me.

I hate people who jump wagons from sheep to sheep without a ton of reasoning and this current push looks odd to me.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
Mac is Damdred scummy for this Y/N?
THERE IS AS YET INSUFFICIENT DATA FOR A MEANINGFUL ANSWER

also i gave him a tool to hide because everyone else knows about it and I prefer to keep the playground level. why would a scum give him a tool to hide (actually i just came up with an answer for this but I wanna keep it to myself and i'm curious on what you have to say)

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
yea the gargy push is pretty awful imo, kinda annoyed i just read a bunch of posts on that ****. though that ***** shud answer w/e the **** question it is ppl want him to answer

@everyone you guys realize Kuz's push is based off gut right? Kuz's initial reason was that Gargs gave off the impression that he knows gorf is scum cuz he was confident. Can everyone else explain what their reasons are for voting him?

also someone said it was scummy that Gargs FOSed on D1...? that **** doesn't even make sense. dude clearly fosed because he was already voting someone and wanted to show that he thinks gorf is scummy.

not that i mean to defend garg hardbody but.. cmon yall christ

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
@ Xivii Xivii looks like you missed by vote on gorf

@ th3kuzinator th3kuzinator fwiw i did get a bit of the same vibe you got but i recognize that it's primarily gut and weak at that. Garg's points against gorf were much more compelling and gorf is easily more deserving of a wagon.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
idk what you're asking Ruy

@ Ronike Ronike i'm prolly gonna post about claiming outside-thread comms in the next few hrs... would like to go first?

Top Bottom