• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Death Note Mafia - Game Thread - Ovah

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
@ Holder of the Heel Holder of the Heel , @Ronike

What do you think of having both Ronike and DJC claim (at least their name)?

For me it'll help me decide which of you we need to lynch today so our potential to save the non-kira is higher. And even if we still end up lynching town today then it doesn't matter if their name was outed because they're dead which confirms the other person is Kira

But then again, having your name out and about could still be unwise due to possibility of another kira or a converted kira.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
@#HBC | FrozeηFlame, @Ronike, @ adumbrodeus adumbrodeus , @The Real Gamer, @ Orboknown Orboknown , @Gargaglione, @ Alakaslam Alakaslam , @batsnacks, @ DJCrinkleCut DJCrinkleCut , @th3kuzinator, @Maven89 @Everyone

deadline is tonight if we don't vote to extend the deadline. So send a pm to Zen to extend the day deadline.

But it's likely we won't reach a majority in time so we have to assume the Day will end within the next 24 hours.

The play is between Ronike and DJC, I, Holder, and even Ronike himself all see that Kira must be within Ronike/DJC. Our reasoning is due to outside thread circumstances. You should all place a vote on either Ronike or DJC sometime today so that one of them will be lynched.

@ ranmaru ranmaru , hopefully imma hear from you later today?

@The Real Gamer, where you at homie? I want you to tell me if anyone's given you reason to believe scum is within Ronike/DJC

@th3kuzinator you gonna go another Day without posting anything at all?

@Maven89 @#HBC | FrozeηFlame: How's the reread/skim coming?

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
@Adum, Didn't I essentially say what I thought about you v Garg yesterday? IIRC, I didn't like you guys at first, until I remembered/realized the two of you were incredibly hardheaded when it comes to things in mafia, and that's why you were clashing some, and then it came off as a more natural interaction, and thus somewhat town/null? What more you looking for?
I was looking for a more detailed analysis or at the very least confirmation that as of a detailed reread you stand on your analysis from post 1224 on.

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
It'd certainly make this process easier to make them start talking about everything. It's not entirely graceful however, given that there will no doubt be negative consequences to the one that isn't Kira, and since obviously it was outed to everyone, that death wouldn't be incriminating to anyone unlike Rajam. Free kill. I'd say that they could out their role instead, but it undoubtedly has connections to their identity so it's basically the same thing to anyone who knows or looks up the source material.

Of course, let's say we progress without doing this, successfully get our votes on the actual Kira, Day is ending, what does the accused do? Upon reflection I fear that the same result might happen regardless, albeit with less certainty, due to a Kira-with-nothing-to-lose will out whatever they think might help anyone with the same win condition. Therefore perhaps there is some merit to sacrificing one to help get the other. With two whole days of lynching behind us, a third spent killing a townie is scary, even with the "quiet" Nights.

We may want to wait on people rereading/returning? If we find anything definite there we might be able to forego this necessity.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
"Vote: KyryK
Unvote
Vote: Ronike
Unvote
Vote: Damdred
Unvote
Vote: Ronike
Unvote
Vote: TheTemplar
Unvote
Vote: Adumbrodeus
Vote: Kuz
Unvote
Vote: Adumbrodeus

heh...hmm...ugh..."

Halle Bullook was having the up-most difficulty getting a handle on the game. Being one of the best in the agency, she's worked dozens of cases for the CIA all over the world, but nothing had prepared her for this case. For Dgamesia. For Kira. She knew Kira was out there, but these Dgamesians were all so...scummy.

"I just can't figure it out...this game. These players are nothing like what I've dealt with in the CIA. Perhaps...if I claim cop I can get some sort of grasp on them. Yes, that's it. I'll claim cop and the-" *THUMP BUMP* O________O

"no-nooo..."

She knew what was happening the moment she felt it: she had been compromised. She clutched her chest in agony.There was no one around and nothing she could do. It was over. Quietly, she accepted her fate. She shut her eye lids, lay down, and died.

batsnacks has been written in the moderator's death note (the replacement pool ran dry). The following items were found upon his body:

FILE: HALLE LIDNER

USERNAME: batsnacks
IDENTIFICATION: Halle Bullook
ALIGNMENT:
Anti-Kira
OBJECTIVE: You win if all threats to the Anti-Kira alignment are eliminated.

Active (1):

Hardbody Protection
Once, during each phase, you may PM the command Protect: [Player Name]. If that player is targeted to be killed the next phase, including via lynch, you will take their place.

Each night phase, a new password to the SPK HQ will be delivered to the holder of this ID.

Day 3 Continues
Day 3 has been extended by 48 hours.

Day 3 ends January 8, 6:30:00 GMT-7.

Congrats to Alakaslam for being the only TL/Omgus player not to have requested replacement or gone inactive despite the players promising me before the game that this would not be the case.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Yes you will Mac. I have some things to say. I'll get a post up tonight.

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Everyone was so convinced that he was dumb town because he acted oblivious to outside communication, claimed to not be a part of one.

But here he is, part of the SPK. Frozen Flame and perhaps Alakaslam are suspects for his murder.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
nah, he was modkilled due to inactivity mah dude (he was 'written in the moderators death note')

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
For the record Zenny that wasn't me calling him that just now so please don't hostkill me. :laugh: I was the one that didn't agree with that conclusion anyhow.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I'm actually considering bringing up a case on KyryK/FE. Best play for today and for this game ever. We had two mislynches already. I don't see how Ronike or DJC are the 'best plays' without even a case or reasoning.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
1. you think 3 people (including me) are just making up the thought process that scum is 100% within Ronike / DJC?

2. you're telling me you have no further reason to believe Ronike / DJC to hold scum?

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
1. I'm not convinced and don't see how anyone can be convinced when you only talk about it through outside comms. (Would be helpful if you went over why they are most likely scum)
2. ... Nothing pops out to me.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
Does 'not convinced' mean you don't believe us? Or does it mean you think we're both wrong about our thought process?

Either both Holder and I are scum putting themselves out there to try and manipulate y'all into two mislynches. Or we're town and we both came to the wrong conclusions. And then going beyond that, both Ronike and DJC themselves think scum is likely between them (or in the very least within their room), do you think they also came to an incorrect conclusion?

and just making sure Ranmaru, you said you're not in any outside communications right?

DJCrinkleCut

Smash Apprentice
NNID
DJCrinkleCut
The only thing that pops out to me about kuz is when he got super abrasive for no good reason. Other than that, don't really see much.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I feel that you are being influenced by Holder's reads and I don't trust them one bit. DJC and Ronike both saying the other is scum sounds like omgus to me and I don't see how reliable of a tell that can be. So how about you elaborate on that please.

I am not.

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Mac and me came to the same conclusion at the same time, there was no influencing one another. And they aren't reads, it's a necessary deduction. Rajam, Wammy, was murdered by the Death Note in a suspiciously massive group. There's a Kira in there. Everyone that has died, save for Liarsnacks, were members of that group, effectively knocking players off the suspect list. DJ and Ronike remain out of what is possible. Townies there are put at risk with each passing Night, it is a huge stroke of luck that he either: messed up, put someone down to die in a later phase, or kept his pen in his pocket because of all the heat. We should strike now while the ball is in our court.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
@ ranmaru ranmaru
Ok, in short from this page, I can definetly see why some people are saying scum between me and DjC. Its essentially a process of elimination type of thing. Also, due to room shenanigans, DjC is looking worse than ever, so I'm cool with him going. Don't want to go into too much more, as I then reveal room things, which is likely unsafe.
Either way, I can confirm that Ronike is In my chatroom, which we suspected Kira being in
You think all 3 of us were somehow persuaded by Holder's (almost nonexistent) reasoning? Also ranmaru I'm not basing this off of Holders reasoning since he didn't really provide much when I initially agreed with him. Also note this isn't even the ONLY reason for me to believe scum lies within DJC/Ronike. I am guaranteeing you there is scum within the two slots.

@EVERYONE remember this just in case I die during Dusk:
strong FOS: gargaglione
and I'm also gonna have to boot Ranmaru from the town ambassadors for now. So he currently is a null read. (I will discuss this more during dusk if I'm alive. If I die before Dusk then it is very likely that ranmaru is scum)

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
i could be killed at the beginning of dusk becuz someone might shoot me / death note me. all i'm sayin right now, is that if that does happen, Ranmaru is a very likely candidate for being the one to make it happen. will discuss more during Dusk if im alive.

this shouldn't detract from the fact that Ronike / DJC hold scum.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
eh i still go back and forth between the two (Ronike and DJC) but I slightly lean Ronike. I kinda want them to claim their names cuz that way I'd have a much better sense of who's scum, but then I realized that would put a target on ppl's backs for Kira to kill if we didn't lynch right today.

I'd be completely fine with either lynch and is 100% the best play, and anyone telling you otherwise is wrong.

Ranmaru should still provide his case for Kyryk scum though, cuz FF asked for it and it'll give him some stuff to respond to. And it would help me believe that Ran actually has a very strong / legitimate reason to forego the thoughts of 4 people and push the Kyryk lynch over Ronike/DJC.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
How is holding that information until Dusk beneficial to town? -_-

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Actually, forget about that last question.

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Yagami Soichiro was in your group yes, DJ? You didn't feel, not just a win condition imperative, but a concern for your specific well-being as a fellow member in contact with him? I can see Ronike was on that wagon, but you were on Damdred. So yeah I'd like to hear a little about what you're feeling please.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
@ DJCrinkleCut DJCrinkleCut

Why didn't you vote for the morbid composer, Aoi Inu, during the previous Day?
so here's my thought process for this:
  • thoughts yesterday: defending Ryu could be a way to defend a someone you know to be a townie and get townie-brownie points when they flip town. I could ez see that being the case with DJC since he was nowhere near as reluctant to push lynches / vote other ppl. But Ryu was the one person DJC didn't want to see lynched, he was fine with voting / lynching other players based off a lot shoddier reasoning. looking at it from this POV, DJC scum seems probably.
  • also yesterday: but oh wait, Ronike and DJC are likely to be Kira and working alone so not part of another faction. So they wouldn't know for sure whether or not Ryu was scum, so trying to get brownie-townie points for being on his lynch wouldn't be a thing. i guess that means maybe DJC reason for think Ryu was town (he was telling the truth about his claim) was legit.
  • thoughts a few hours ago: oh wait, but even if Kira doesn't know whether Ryu is scum, we do know that Ryu is a morbid composer. It is very likely that Kira has uses for the morbid composer players (such as creating another Kira), so keeping Ryu alive could be something that Kira would definitely want to do. This makes things look better for Ronike who was all for the Ryu kill. and makes things look worse for DJC especially since he also doesn't want a kuz lynch apparently (another morbid composer)

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
ebwop
  • also yesterday: but oh wait, Ronike and DJC are likely to be Kira and working alone -- not part of another faction. So they wouldn't know for sure whether or not Ryu was scum -- so trying to get brownie-townie points for being on his lynch wouldn't come to mind. i guess that means that maybe DJC's reason for thinking Ryu was town (cuz Ryu was telling the truth about his name claim) could have been legit.

Alakaslam

Smash Ace
Mac I didn't want Aoi dead either. Tha'ts not why to get DJC.

DJC is scummy. It is that simple.

Aoi was town and toward the end basically towntelled. I don't think people even missed that it just turned out he had to die for flavor reasons? Or some such. I still don't comprehend it fully.

Top Bottom