• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Death Battle Match-Up Exploration Thread - Day 50: Dennis Hopper King Koopa Vs. Jim Carrey Eggman

Vote for our week

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
Hala, 15 points, time for my noms then.
  • Artorias the Abysswalker (Dark Souls) vs Nightmare (SoulCalibur) x5
  • Musashi Miyamoto (Fate/Grand Order) vs Miyamoto Musashi (Baki Hanma) x2
  • Vergil (Devil May Cry) vs Galacta Knight (Kirby) x5
  • Shiki Ryougi/Void Shiki (Kara no Kyoukai) vs Arcueid Brunestud/Archetype Earth (Tsukihime) x3

Last edited:

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
Alright after thinking it a little, considering that both can technically do almost anything they want due the cartoon magic, if we count Duck Dodgers has part of Daffy's sources then would be fair to say that Donald can use KH magic and that only needs one word to be explained.
So, even if I'm probably overlooking the things, I'm saying that Donal would be the winner.

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Daffy thought he could pull a win, but turned out, he was quackers all along!
It would seem like the winner is Donald Duck!

To further sate your hunger for battle, our next match-up is...
1658283629864.png

Shaggy Rogers, the best friend of Scooby-Doo!

VS!

1658283682206.png

Jughead Jones, the best friend of Archie!

Who doesn't like food? It's an everyday part of life and these guys love it! But don't let their appetites fool you, these two would surprise you!

WHO WINS!? WHO DIES!?

NOM DISTRIBUTIONS:
Northsouthmap Northsouthmap x5
Infinity Sorcerer Infinity Sorcerer x10
GolisoPower GolisoPower x5
AlRex AlRex x10

The Engineer Vs. Sandy Cheeks x10
Artorias the Abysswalker vs. Nightmare x8
Blaze the Cat Vs. Starfire x7
Dexter Vs. Jimmy Neutron x7
Vergil Vs. Galacta Knight x7
Maleficent Vs. Jafar x5
Whitebeard Vs. Alex Netero x5
Ilulu Vs. Passionlip x5

Stay Puft Marshmallow Man Vs. Jolly Green Giant x4
Finn & Jake Vs. Mordecai & Rigby x4
Captain Kirk Vs. Han Solo x4
Shiki Ryougi/Void Shiki vs Arcueid Brunestud/Archetype Earth x3
Harlem Globetrotters Vs. Mon-Stars x3
Carmen Sandiego Vs. Waldo x2
Rosalina Vs. Palutena x2
Musashi Miyamoto (Fate/Grand Order) vs Miyamoto Musashi (Baki Hanma) x2
Peter Griffin Vs. Homer Simpson x2
Scarecrow Vs. Mysterio x2

GolisoPower

Smash Master
So for this, we will be factoring all facets of media that both sides have gone in. And yes, this means we're giving Shaggy his Ultra Instinct power from MultiVersus and Jughead the crazy Riverdale stuff.

Noms:
Ilulu vs. Passionlip x5

AlRex

Smash Lord
4 nominations for Staypuft VS Green Giant, 4 for Homer VS Peter, 2 for Harlem Globetrotters VS Monstars.

As for the match at hand, I would say Jughead seems to take more initiative usually. Yes, Ultra Instinct and even Yellow Lantern Shaggy exist, but those are through stumbling upon it rather than deliberately taking it. Granted, Jughead has been taken on a ride via his descendant from the future recruiting him to be a time patrolman, but he has still been consistently portrayed as someone doing his own thing, even with a close circle of friends he hangs out with. That alone isn’t enough to stack up against Shaggy’s super forms, and admittedly he’s a surprisingly skilled athlete, who can also step up when he needs to. But Jughead has been a superhero in the past, as well, and he has had to deal with the Punisher, Ninja Turtles, possibly Wolverine, Batman & Robin, and whatever is going on in the show Riverdale at any given moment.

I may just be rooting for the underdog here, but with these two, who are often taken on a journey, wherever that takes them, I will trust the one who goes his own way over the one whose first instinct is to cower in fear.

Northsouthmap

Smash Champion
Noms:
Blaze VS Starfire x3
Dexter VS Jimmy Neutron x2

I think Shaggy would win.
He could don his Yellow Lantern suit and shrink Jughead down and then squish him with his strength.

Last edited:

GolisoPower

Smash Master
In the end, it looks like Jughead couldn't stomach this fight! It seems in this match-up, the winner is Shaggy Rogers!

Speaking of food, our next match-up is...
1658380759649.png

Ronald McDonald, the Happy Hamburger Clown!

VS!

1658380819483.png

The Burger King, the Whopper Monarch!

Every facet of our life has a duo with a big rivalry, and in the realm of fast food, these two represent those that are right on top! Who's gonna be the ass-Whopper and be the Big One in this match-up? In other words...

WHO WINS!? WHO DIES!?

NOM DISTRIBUTION:
Northsouthmap Northsouthmap x10
AlRex AlRex x10

The Engineer Vs. Sandy Cheeks x10
Ilulu Vs. Passionlip x10
Artorias the Abysswalker vs. Nightmare x10
Vergil Vs. Galacta Knight x10
Blaze the Cat Vs. Starfire x10
Dexter Vs. Jimmy Neutron x9

Shiki Ryougi/Void Shiki vs Arcueid Brunestud/Archetype Earth x8
Stay Puft Marshmallow Man Vs. Jolly Green Giant x8

Peter Griffin Vs. Homer Simpson x6
Maleficent Vs. Jafar x5
Harlem Globetrotters Vs. Mon-Stars x5
Rosalina Vs. Palutena x2

AlRex

Smash Lord
I'll do 4 nominations for Stay Puft VS Green Giant, 4 for Peter VS Homer, and 2 for the Globetrotters VS the Monstars, again.

My opinion on how this match shakes out: both have demonstrated certain degrees of reality warping over the years, but only one can manipulate stars on a consistent basis. https://gfycat.com/whimsicaltightchimneyswift https://gfycat.com/sardoniclawfulcoypu https://gfycat.com/unripewatchfulhornshark https://gfycat.com/anguishedflawlessaustraliankelpie https://gfycat.com/grimyplainclownanemonefish

I'll give people these to help them judge for themselves, though: https://www.reddit.com/r/respectthr...espect_ronald_mcdonald_mcdonalds_commercials/

Northsouthmap

Smash Champion
I think Ronald would win.
His sparkle magic is strong enough to break through stone and metal. If it can easily destroy metal, then a good blast of sparkle magic would crack the Burger King's plastic head open.

Noms:
Maleficent VS Jafar x4
Blaze VS Starfire x3
Dexter VS Jimmy Neutron x3

GolisoPower

Smash Master
So after looking through some of these pages, I think the issue isn't whether or not Burger King can take a hit from Ronald, who Northsouthmap said was enough to easily destroy metal, but rather if Ronald can actually hit him in the first place. Apparently, BK is a master of stealth, appearing out of nowhere on some occasions and running alongside people without them even noticing. Hell, BK himself actually broke into the McDonald's HQ and stole their recipes with next-to-no effort! Gonna be a little difficult to guess whether or not Ronald can actually catch him.

Noms:
Engineer VS. Sandy x5

Last edited:

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
To be honest, my only knowledge comes from MUGEN.
So even if this don't truly counts has an actual source I kinda have the feelings that Ronald would end being the winner.

GolisoPower

Smash Master
It seems like Ronald got it his way, and was lovin' it. The winner is Ronald McDonald!

Our next battle is...

1658467674175.png

Dr. Neo Cortex, Crash Bandicoot's evil mad scientist!

VS!

1658467714284.png

Dr. Eggman, Sonic the Hedgehog's ingenious mechanical mastermind!

Science is a double-edged sword. On the one hand you have people who genuinely want to better the world and improve everyone's lives. On the other hand, you have these two insufferable geniuses, who want to take over the world for their own gains!

WHO WINS!? WHO DIES!?

NOM DISTRIBUTION:
GolisoPower GolisoPower x10
AlRex AlRex x10
Dr.DonPatch64 Dr.DonPatch64 x5

11-20 Noms
The Engineer Vs. Sandy Cheeks x15
Blaze the Cat Vs. Starfire x13
Stay Puft Marshmallow Man Vs. Jolly Green Giant x12
Dexter Vs. Jimmy Neutron x12
Artorias the Abysswalker vs. Nightmare x11
Vergil Vs. Galacta Knight x11
Shiki Ryougi/Void Shiki vs Arcueid Brunestud/Archetype Earth x11

1-10 Noms
Ilulu Vs. Passionlip x10
Peter Griffin Vs. Homer Simpson x10
Maleficent Vs. Jafar x9
Harlem Globetrotters Vs. Mon-Stars x7
Avenger Edmond Dantes Vs. Xiao x5
Rosalina Vs. Palutena x2

AlRex

Smash Lord
Nominations
2 for Stay Puft VS Green Giant
2 for Dexter VS Jimmy
2 for Homer VS Peter
2 for Harlem Globetrotters VS Monstars
2 for Carmen Sandiego VS Waldo

As for the match at hand, I will say that, in terms of their whole arsenals over time, from what I remember, Eggman has a bit more. Both would probably need prep time for their biggest stuff, but IIRC, both have access to some degree of time and dimensional travel, but Robotnik may be more used to using it? I dunno. If their armies enter into it, it probably ends like the Wily VS Eggman with Metal Sonic just clearing house over everyone, including Robotnik and Cortex themselves.

Here's my opinion:

So, we have 2 mad scientists from popular video games, who are both wanting to take over the world, defeat the teenage animals, they both their minions (Badniks and Mutants, but we are not gonna use them in this battle) and they both search for mystical crystals (Chaos Emeralds and power crystals).

Dr. Cortex's abilities/feats:
  • Has rocket boots and his hoverboard that allow him to fly.
  • Has a raygun.
  • He survived 3 years frozen in ice.
  • He also survived falling from Space. He wasn't injured mostly.
  • Can travel through spacetime.
  • Mecha Bandicoot is his strongest creation and it doesn't have any weak points besides it's vulnerability.
  • He is accurate with missiles.
  • He can shrink the plants with his shrink ray.

Cortex's weak points:
-The mecha bandicoot vulnerable for 10 seconds if the forcefield is disabled.
- He isn't smarter than Dr. Eggman.

Dr. Eggman's abilities/feats:
  • He has over 300 IQ, so he is very smart.
  • Dr. Eggman can punch the opponent and send it far away at 100 MPH.
  • Dr. Eggman can survive his robots' explosions.
  • Egg Dragoon is his one of strongest Eggman's creations. It can fly like eggmobile.
  • He is equipped with eggmobile that has a wrecking ball.
  • Just like Dr. Neo Cortex, they both are capable of travelling through spacetime.
  • Just like Neo Cortex, he is also accurate with missiles.
  • His machines can sometimes resist Sonic's attacks IIRC.

Robotnik's weakness:
  • His Egg Dragoon has an obvious weak point.
  • He is less opportunistic than Cortex.

I think Dr. Eggman wins the battle, because could survive Cortex's attacks and his eggmobile is weaponized with wrecking ball that would knock him out while swinging the ball.
Although their mechas are both strong, but Egg Dragoon is more weaponized and faster than mecha bandicoot.

I don't know if that counts.

Last edited:

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
Has always I will save my opinión for later, for the moment my noms are:
  • Achilles (Greek Mythos) vs Cú Chulainn (The Ulster Cycle) x3
  • Maui (Polynesean Mythos) vs Arjuna (Mahabraratha) x2
  • Edmond Dantes vs Xiao x3
  • Ilulu vs Passionlip x2

Northsouthmap

Smash Champion
I think Dr. Cortex would win.
He has a lot more tools and equipment to work with when it comes to up close and personal combat not relying on big robots and machines.
His fight against the Evil Twins robot shows he would be capable of taking down Eggman's devices. If he had Uka Uka, he is more likely to win.

Noms:
Maleficent VS Jafar x3
Finn and Jake VS Mordecai and Rigby x7

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Not wasting countless hours on a 10 man community
Basically every other scientist from his series is smarter and far more competent than Cortex despite his main antagonist status. Sonic also has far more feats than Crash Bandicoot, so Eggman scales off of Sonic much more favorably than Cortex scales off Crash.

None of Cortex's boss fights are very impressive, the other doctors all seem more powerful. N. Tropy vs Eggman would at least be more competitive.

Last edited:

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Neo Cortex may have had the brains, but in the end, he cracked like an egg! The winner is Dr. Eggman!

And now, our last match-up of the week:
1658553882985.png

Terra, the Keyblade master birthed by sleep!

VS!

1658553935476.png

Anakin Skywalker, the chosen one fighting in the Star Wars!

There's always outside forces pushing us to do horrible things. This match-up shows what happens when you do, or don't succumb to those dark forces.

WHO WINS!? WHO DIES!?

NOM DISTRIBUTION:
AlRex AlRex x10
MasterWarlord MasterWarlord x10
Tankman from Newgrounds Tankman from Newgrounds x10

11-20 Noms
The Engineer Vs. Sandy Cheeks x15
Stay Puft Marshmallow Man Vs. Jolly Green Giant x14
Dexter Vs. Jimmy Neutron x14
Blaze the Cat Vs. Starfire x13
Peter Griffin Vs. Homer Simpson x12
Ilulu Vs. Passionlip x12
Maleficent Vs. Jafar x12

Artorias the Abysswalker vs. Nightmare x11
Vergil Vs. Galacta Knight x11
Shiki Ryougi/Void Shiki vs Arcueid Brunestud/Archetype Earth x11
Finn & Jake Vs. Mordecai & Rigby x11

1-10 Noms
Harlem Globetrotters Vs. Mon-Stars x9
Avenger Edmond Dantes Vs. Xiao x8
Carmen Sandiego Vs. Waldo x4
Achilles Vs. Cu Chulainn x3
Maui Vs Arjuna x2
Rosalina Vs. Palutena x2

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Not wasting countless hours on a 10 man community
With lack of too much Kingdom Hearts knowledge, I glanced at the respect thread for Terra. The main thing that seems to come up for Kingdom Hearts in canon battling is the time stop spell which Terra does not seem to have as far as I can tell. Without it I don't see much way for him to win vs a Star Wars character. Star Wars is just such a broad franchise that a main character/villain like Anakin will get ridiculous amounts of feats from the universe, more likely than not. I'm mostly just speculating here, though.

The fact it's Anakin and not Vader is probably a good thing for Star Wars, since Vader's life support suit makes him pretty frail and easy to take out in a realistic context.

Nominations:

Donkey Kong vs Gorilla Grodd x5
Guldo vs Dio Brando x5

Last edited:

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Now then, the battle itself. I haven't really played Birthed by Sleep yet (I have The Story So Far but haven't touched it since I got stuck in KH1), but I know that characters from KH can get stupid powerful, and so do Force users in Star Wars. This is kind of a tough choice to make. It does make it easier since, like Warlord said, this is Anakin we're using and not Darth Vader, his later version.

Rychu

Thane of Smashville
3DS FC
1908-0105-4965
Terra vs Anakin.jpg

Alright, so this one one of my favorite match-ups for both franchises - let's see how they compare. Story-wise, Terra and Anakin are pretty similar, with the main difference being that Terra's descent into a puppet for the actual main villain was forced upon him after renouncing the darkness., while Anakin's transformation into Darth Vader came more willingly. I'm gonna use certain feats for Anakin as Darth Vader since, as mentioned above, Darth Vader is essentially just Anakin with a physical handicap. By the same thread, I'll also be looking at some feats for Terra using Terra-Xehanort and Lingering WIll, as the whole purpose of Terra-Xehanort was for Master Xehanort to use Terra's stronger body and Lingering Will possesses all combat capabilities of Terra.

Strength/Physical Attack Potency
1658594072811.png
This one is close, but I feel comfortable giving this category to Terra. Part of this is due to scaling Lingering Will to Sora - while Sora did defeat Lingering WIll, it's, at that point, the most difficult battle Sora had fought in the series. Sora's physical strength is great enough to cut through several large structures, while Anakin has impressive feats himself, his best seems to be destroying a Trident-Class Assault Ship and this trip-pod walker single-handedly. While neither are planet-busters, I'd say this puts Terra at least a bit over Anakin.

Speed/Agility
1658595086855.png
Another close one, but I think Anakin's Force-empowered super senses and reflexes give him the edge in this category. Anakin has dodged laser fire on multiple occasions, as well as done those Jedi flippy maneuvers in combat proficiently in nearly every fight we see him in. Terra, while he does have one Faster than the Eye can See strike, focuses more on raw power than speed and is significantly slower than every other keyblade wielder in the series. At best, he seems to be faster than sound, dodging this sound-based attack from a music-themed unversed. Lasers are faster than sound, Anakin is faster and more agile than Terra.

Durability
1658594072811.png
Anakin gets burned almost to death by being in proximity to lava and gets debilitated by force lightning. Terra's body shrugs off this and is only fully defeated by the single strongest spell recorded in Kingdom Hearts (or Final Fantasy). Comfortable saying that Terra takes this one.

Combat Prowess
1658595086855.png
This one again isn't much of a hard choice. While both Terra and Anakin have presumably roughly the same number of years of training, Anakin is a veteran of prolonged war and has been battle-tested in real life or death situations against powerful opponents. Notable victories include defeating a replica of Darth Maul, overtaking Count Dooku (considered a dueling prodigy in his own right) to the point that the latter had to rely on his superior Force Powers to not be defeated, and battling Obi-Wan Kenobi to a stalemate, only losing due to hubris and a heightened emotional reaction. Terra, meanwhile, has spent the majority of his life within the walls of the Land of Departure, and his only true victories in the series are against Master Eraquis (who may have let him strike the final blow), Braig (who just ran away) and... himself, when Terra-Xehanort and Lingering Will clashed. Terra-Xehanort did also manage to outclass Aqua and Ventus, however, while we can count on Terra-Xehanort being a good measure of Terra's physical capabilities, the combat prowess comes from Master Xehanort who has decades more experience. Anakin's simply more battle-tested and has defeated a more impressive range of foes.

Magic vs The Force

Terra's Magic/Misc Equipment​
Anakin's Force Powers/Misc Skills​
Dark Volley
  • Able to summon spheres of dark magic and fire them at opponents
Sonic Shadow
  • Coats himself in a shield of dark magic and rams into opponents
Ultima Canon
  • This gif from earlier, fires an energy beam capable of destroying hoards of weaker enemies. Only accessible while wearing his Keyblade Armor, which he can summon at will.
Earth Magic
  • As his name implies, he has an affinity for geomancy, and is such able to cast the spells Quake and Meteor, which cause large boulders to erupt from the ground and a boulder-sized meteor to appear from the sky and crash into foes.
Dark Firaga
General Magic
  • Terra can learn standard spells from Kingdom Hearts, though his affinity for magic is nowhere near as great as that of his fellow apprentice Aqua, or even his younger brother figure Ventus, meaning most of his more powerful abilities are solely physical. That being said, he is able to cast Firaga (standard Fire magic), Blizzaga(Ice Magic), Thundaga(Lightning Magic), Curaga(Healing Magic), and some weak gravity magic with Magnega. However, he isn't ever shown using these techniques in cutscenes or in boss battle appearances as Lingering Will other than Blizzaga and Magnega.
Dark Sense
  • Terra, like most keyblade wielders, can sense darkness and light when nearby strong sources of it.
Dark Impulse
  • Terra can channel his inner darkness in order to give himself a boost in physical strength and speed as well as amplify his dark magic.
Has Access to Keyblade Armor and its world-hopping hoverbike, which grants him access to a keyblade form change that gives it far more range and whip-like properties.

Keyblade can open any lock, as well as create portals to other worlds
Telekenesis
Enhanced Senses
  • Was able to track and kill a droid through a large metal door, meaning he can sense enemies.
Force Choke
  • You know what this is.
Force Barrier
  • Creates a wall of of Force Energy to ward off attacks. Seems to work against non-physical attacks as well as elemental forces such as water or poisonous gasses.
Jedi Mind Trick
  • Has the ability to use the force to manipulate the mind and emotions of others
Energy Channeling
Expert Pilot, proficient in most vehicles such as hoverbikes and X-Wings, marksman with mounted vehicle weapons.

Hand-to-Hand Combat

Proficient with weaponry other than his lightsaber.

Not relevant to the fight but he's also an expert machinist, having built the droid C3PO from scrap.

Personality Flaws
This section is incredibly easy because both Terra and Anakin share the same flaws: they're easy to manipulate under the right circumstances, they're brash, and they're quick to anger. The difference is that Anakin is much better at fighting that part of himself - it took years of manipulation for Darth Sideous to get Anakin on his side fully, whereas Terra was manipulated by the darkness and Master Xehanort's plotting over the course of a few days.

Conclusion

Taking everything into consideration, while I do think that this match-up is quite a close match, there is a clear victor. Terra's main advantages are his higher strength and much higher durability, while Anakin outclasses him in speed and overall combat experience. That being said, even a trained soldier can lose to someone less skilled if they can't land a killing blow. Terra's magic is much more diverse than Anakin's force abilities, but Anakin's training and proficiency with the relatively more subdued Force abilities is much greater than Terra's proficiency with magic. While Terra CAN certainly cast, he's nowhere near as proficient with it as fellow students Aqua and Ventus, or even future Keyblade warriors like Sora and Riku. This is especially evident in Terra's highest level abilities which are nearly entirely physical attacks, with the exceptions of his Geomancy abilities Meteor and Quake and his ability to case Dark Firaga. Aside from throwing rocks and using a flamethrower of darkness, he's all brute force with little finesse. Anakin's Force abilities have an answer for nearly every spell Terra can throw out thanks to Force Shield for elemental attacks and Telekinesis to deal with the geomancy (after all, half of what we see the Force DO is throw or stop big rocks!). Terra's also less experienced in fighting even-footed opponents than Anakin, and Anakin is no stranger to using mind tricks to best his opponents, which Terra has shown himself to be susceptible to. Combining that with his greater speed, the lightsaber's destructive capabilities, and direct attacks like Force Choke and Force Push, I'd say that the Force outshines the Light more times than not in this particular fight.

With that being said, in my personal opinion, the winner of this relatively close match is...

Last edited:

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
Like most of the time or I don't know anyone or I just know one, in this case I only know Anakin but too little, tho the Force is usually broken (especially in later movies) so I think he would be the winner.

GolisoPower

Smash Master
One hour left before the match-up discussion ends, ladies and gents!

Last edited:

GolisoPower

Smash Master
So in this battle, Terra made light of his foe, and was forced out of a victory. The Winner is Anakin Skywalker!

And with that, we've gone through our first week, ladies and gentlemen! And from what's been on our list, our next week consists of...

Week 2:
Day 8: The Engineer Vs. Sandy Cheeks
Day 9: Stay Puft Marshmallow Man Vs. Jolly Green Giant
Day 10: Dexter Vs. Jimmy Neutron
Day 11: Blaze the Cat Vs. Starfire
Day 12: Homer Simpson Vs. Peter Griffin
Day 13: Ilulu Vs. Passionlip
Day 14: Maleficent Vs. Jafar

Our Match-Up today is...

1658643363312.png

Dell Conagher, The Engineer!

VS!

1658643411707.png

Sandy Cheeks, the squirrel!

The Lone Star State of Texas has been the birthplace of many varied characters, ranging from gun-slinging cowboys to loud-and-proud rednecks! But today, we're gonna be taking look at the rarest breed of Texan: super-geniuses!

WHO WINS!? WHO DIES!?

NOM DISTRIBUTION:
GolisoPower GolisoPower x10
MasterWarlord MasterWarlord x10
Tankman from Newgrounds Tankman from Newgrounds x5
Rychu Rychu x10

11-20 Noms
Vergil Vs. Galacta Knight x15
Shiki Ryougi/Void Shiki vs Arcueid Brunestud/Archetype Earth x14
Artorias the Abysswalker vs. Nightmare x14
Finn & Jake Vs. Mordecai & Rigby x13
Captain Kirk Vs. Han Solo x12

1-10 Noms
Avenger Edmond Dantes Vs. Xiao x10
Harlem Globetrotters Vs. Mon-Stars x9

Achilles Vs. Cu Chulainn x6
Donkey Kong Vs. Gorilla Grodd x5
Guldo Vs. Dio Brando x5
Twin-Bee Vs. Opa-Opa x5
Carmen Sandiego Vs. Waldo x4
Captain N Vs. Segata Sanshiro x3
Maui Vs Arjuna x2
Rosalina Vs. Palutena x2
Wreck-It Ralph Vs. The Hulk x2

AlRex

Smash Lord
I guess for now, no nominations from me.
I'll say for this, it depends on how you take SpongeBob. Is she literally just the size of a squirrel? She just gets smacked back into the ocean. Is she a reality-warping God like some people say SpongeBob characters are in VS? Then I guess she just wins, then. What is the funniest outcome? I guess that's in the eye of the beholder.

I would still suspect that SpongeBob characters are some kind of anomalous creatures, probably nuclear mutants on some level (they live in a thinly-veiled Bikini Atoll), and they can definitely can regenerate from a lot, so really, for me, it's the Engineer VS John Carpenter's the Thing, but a squirrel, to an extent. Heat/dehydration is usually a weakness for SpongeBob characters, but Sandy, being an airbreathing squirrel, probably wouldn't be as susceptible to that. I guess it depends if this fight takes place at a beach, and the Engineer cracks the helmet open or otherwise gets her out of the suit and drowns her. Would he figure that out? I dunno. He is definitely a smart engineer, and he can replenish his health and supplies to an extent, as well as being able to teleport. He also has his Sentry Gun, which can upgrade into a missile launcher, and would probably be able to decimate Sandy's suit. If she goes feral, like that one episode, that might help. Sandy does know karate, and is technically inclined herself, but the Engineer is a trained mercenary, as well as being an engineer. I feel like eventually, he could wear the squirrel down and throw her back into the water, or wherever this is. This is definitely a strange one to contemplate, but I suppose I'm not one to talk, given a lot of what I've nominated.

TL;DR: The Engineer, I might say, but it won't be easy.

Top Bottom