• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DC vs Marvel | Victory!

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
Scum handed us the game, but I think we would've gotten a lot of the right lynches eventually without their help. The biggest blunder was Rake ****in up all his claimed info. If he had gotten it right, he prolly could've ridden that a lot longer.

Orboknown

Smash Hero
Town didn't get handed the game as much as people are saying imo. Rake was the only one who really threw himself down the drain, as I feel mb would have been just as inact if they had rolled town. Gheb had solid reads and lantrip played a real solid endgame after getting his house in order

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
As much as kantrip improved his game, the truth is we still would've got Gorf if they had just been lynched for info like they were supposed to. People choked the life out of the game by refusing to lynch a PR, even tho his flip was a goldmine of information. It left everyone scratching their heads for so much of the goddamn game. It all worked out in the end tho.

We also didn't lynch murder "just cuz poe and inactivity lol". He was legit scummy, and deserved to die. Someone said they almost got the shield on D1? Hell no, not even close. They were also setting up an obvious mislynch on me off of Gorf's flip, and I'm surprised they didn't push it when Gorf flipped scum, cuz yall would've blindly followed it except for Gheb and Kantrip.

Last edited:

Orboknown

Smash Hero
As much as kantrip improved his game, the truth is we still would've got Gorf if they had just been lynched for info like they were supposed to. People choked the life out of the game by refusing to lynch a PR, even tho his flip was a goldmine of information. It left everyone scratching their heads for so much of the goddamn game. It all worked out in the end tho.

We also didn't lynch murder "just cuz poe and inactivity lol". He was legit scummy, and deserved to die. Someone said they almost got the shield on D1? Hell no, not even close. They were also setting up an obvious mislynch on me off of Gorf's flip, and I'm surprised they didn't push it when Gorf flipped scum, cuz yall would've blindly followed it except for Gheb and Kantrip.
The mod said that. I think they would know

Marshmellowman

Macman|marshy
naw yall were DEFINITELY falling for murders play early wen he was active. townreads were bein thrown on them for who the **** knows why n i remember them gettin like halfway towards the threshold (split between them n laundry at 1 point) at 1 point. me n mac were laughin at the townies tryna make them bulletproof so thats fresh in my mind. i think this mayve ended up differently had murder kept riding his momentum he had early in the game cuz he was settin himself up to b town leader wit ****** usin their power on him fallin for it mad hardbody. it was painful to watch cuz me n mac were like damn these ****** boutta get rolled

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
All I want to know is: Would our ability have successfully g-snatched the shield had it actually gone to MB lol

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
Cause that was the entire reason we accidentally intercepted the Town confirm, trying to snipe the BP off a player with known influence.

Kantrip

Kantplay
in defense of our early bad play, it really did boil down to hydra issues. when I said **** it and more or less took over and scrapped plans of letting sokr play solo, the issues stopped. sorry Sokr, don't think hydraing works out too well for us, lol

lynching us for info may have gotten you to the end result still, but i for one am glad we turned that around. i feel good about our track results helping to **** over 2 scummies and about my scumread on murder ending up being correct. plus we hammered bsl for his bull claim so im feeling pretty good

bsl was partially bussed and partially just got himself lynched
gorf and rake were trapped by track results. gorf got bussed and rake screwed up his claim
murder dropped off the face of the earth due to their unforseen bro time

so yeah scum basically handed us a victory which sucks, but there were still some standouts in town. shoutouts to chaco using the shield as a psuedo-doc. shoutouts to gheb and his well-aimed punches and great reads (sorry for doubting you bro). shoutouts to jexs and WATT for just playing all around good town games.

JeXs

Smash Champion
I think I died because some of my many scum reads were correct.

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
It's because you weren't going to get lynched. Like, even if I had said "yo, I think the last few scummers are gorf, rake and murder", they still would've left me alive because there was talk of lynching me. It's not usually a matter of "who is a threat to us", and more a matter of "who do we want in lylo". They don't want you in lylo because nobody's gonna vote for you.

Last edited:

JeXs

Smash Champion
Actually, lots of town were reversing their read on me right around that point. But the scum team still thought I was obv town so hey.

Orboknown

Smash Hero
Actually, lots of town were reversing their read on me right around that point. But the scum team still thought I was obv town so hey.
That's cuz you were. I got nkd for being somewhat right and being hellaciously obvtown, thats usually what happens to me especially in games with dietz and rake hydraing because we square up and get on that ****.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
in defense of our early bad play, it really did boil down to hydra issues. when I said **** it and more or less took over and scrapped plans of letting sokr play solo, the issues stopped. sorry Sokr, don't think hydraing works out too well for us, lol

lynching us for info may have gotten you to the end result still, but i for one am glad we turned that around. i feel good about our track results helping to **** over 2 scummies and about my scumread on murder ending up being correct. plus we hammered bsl for his bull claim so im feeling pretty good

bsl was partially bussed and partially just got himself lynched
gorf and rake were trapped by track results. gorf got bussed and rake screwed up his claim
murder dropped off the face of the earth due to their unforseen bro time

so yeah scum basically handed us a victory which sucks, but there were still some standouts in town. shoutouts to chaco using the shield as a psuedo-doc. shoutouts to gheb and his well-aimed punches and great reads (sorry for doubting you bro). shoutouts to jexs and WATT for just playing all around good town games.
hope your glad i helped save dat ass. only gheb notices my contributions tho. >:[

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
adumb deserved to get slammed only because laundry afk'd his way out the door more or less. sorry brah
Nope that was just dumb. Laundry did nothing to deserve that either, he was merely a non-entity.

Also, JeXs is pretty new so that's more excusable, but seriously kantrip, I thought you were better then that when I left, basic playing to your wincon as town.

Last edited:

Kantrip

Kantplay
Nope that was just dumb. Laundry did nothing to deserve that either, he was merely a non-entity.

Also, JeXs is pretty new so that's more excusable, but seriously kantrip, I thought you were better then that when I left, basic playing to your wincon as town.
what's this referring to?

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
what's this referring to?
What me an chaco talked about when I replaced in, survival mentlity, your "my priority is my survival so I'll support any lynch as long as it's not me" play when you were in the limelight. I figured you were just making a pure showing of hiding it, but you apparently didn't know that it's just wrong at a fundamental level since you were town.

Kantrip

Kantplay
What me an chaco talked about when I replaced in, survival mentlity, your "my priority is my survival so I'll support any lynch as long as it's not me" play when you were in the limelight. I figured you were just making a pure showing of hiding it, but you apparently didn't know that it's just wrong at a fundamental level since you were town.
I truly sincerely wanted to stay alive at almost all costs. I would not have lynched strong townreads to keep myself alive, but anyone who has a chance of being scum is someone who is more likely to flip scum than me. I felt confident that as the game went on I could turn opinions on me around and I wouldn't continue to be a distraction/potential lynch target. Furthermore, I knew my role was a powerful one and wanted it to stick around in the game.

I would not act that way in all situations, but if this one came up again I wouldn't change a thing

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
wat do *****s wanna see for my next game? thinkin swag mafia

any n all feedback on mechanics/roles is appreciated unless its dumb
Day idea was interesting but like you said it bogged the game down in terms of pacing.

Do more event like things in future games, those were very swag.

Marshmellowman

Macman|marshy
[collapse="Action Log"]
(this may not be complete near the end)

Actions D1

• Kreative Whiz Kids track Gorf, Rake, and Ryu (8/25 11:53 pm)
    • KWK notified of Gorf visiting Laundry and himself (8/26 8:14 pm)
  • Chaco visits Ranmaru (8/26 1:20 am)
    • Ran receives confirmation (8/26 1:21 am)
  • WATT shadows Murderbush (8/26 2:11am)

• Kreative Whiz Kids track Gorf, Rake, and Chaco (8/26 2:18 am)

• Arcane attacks BSL (8/26 8:51 am)

• Gorf busses Kreative Whiz Kids and Laundry (8/26 7:24 pm)

• KWK tracks Laundry, Arcane, and Rake (8/26 8:55 pm)

• KWK tracks Rake, Joker and Arcane (8/27 2:28 pm)
    • KWK notified of Rake visiting Jexs (8/28 5:20 pm)
  • Ruy motivates Murderbush (8/27 6:01 pm)

• BSL kills Ranmaru (8/27 11:04 pm)

• Rake roleblocks Jexs (8/28 5:18pm)

• KWK tracks Arcane, Red Ryu, Joker (8/28 5:38pm)

• Scary leads Gorf (8/28 9:25 pm)
    • quicktopic for Scary and Gorf created
  • BSL bugs Laundry (8/29 2:16 am) *NOTE* Laundry was bussed with KWK

Actions D2

• KWK tracks Arcane, Red Ryu (8/28 5:38pm)

• Scary leads Gorf (8/28/ 9:25pm)

• Rake roleblocks JeXs (8/28 5:18pm)

• WATT shadows Murderbush (8/26 2:11am)

• KWK tracks Gorf, Rake (8/29 11:54 am)

• Laundry defends Murderbush (8/29 12:45pm)
    • Actually defends WATT
  • Red Ryu motivates Rake (8/29 12:42pm)

• Chaco visits Murderbush (8/29 4:18pm)
    • Actually visits WATT
  • Rake roleblocks KWK and stops roleblocking JeXs (8/29 8:26pm)
    • KWK ceases tracking
  • Gorf busses Joker and Rake (8/29 8:26pm)

• Murderbush lightning strikes Joker (8/29 9:02pm)
    • Actually hits Rake
  • Gheb attacks Red Ryu (8/30 3:41 pm)

• Gorf kills WATT (8/31 12:18 pm)

• Beat! guards Red Ryu (8/31 7:25 am)

• Rake roleblocks JeXs (9/4 4:54 pm)

Actions D3

• Joker mindhives Rake and Chaco (9/6 12pm)
    • QT for Chaco and Rake opened
  • Ryu motivates Chaco (9/6 12:25pm)
    • Chaco recieves extra town confirmation ability
  • Gorf drives Himself and Chaco (9/7 11:25pm)

• Jexs reanimates BSL (9/8 10:36pm) ...what the actual ****
    • BSL can now anonymously vote
  • Chaco passes shield to Ryu (9/9 5:32pm)
    • Ryu receives shield
  • Gheb attacks Gorf (9/10 ~3pm)
    • actually hits Chaco due to Bus
  • Gorf kills Jexs (9/11 1:59pm)

• Ryu passes shield to Chaco (9/11 5:57pm)
    • Gorf receives shield due to Bus

Actions D4

• Scary leads Bardull (9/11 11:35pm)

• Bardull calls a town council (9/12 3:35am)

• Red Ryu motivates KWK (9/12 12:40pm)
    • KWK receives an extra track (he is still roleblocked)

Actions D5

• KWK tracks Joker (9/15 4:27pm)
    • KWK is still roleblocked

• KWK succeeds in tracking Joker at 9/17 11:54pm
  • Murderbush kills Gheb (9/17 2:22pm)

• Scary leads Chaco (9/18 10:07pm)

• KWK tracks Red Ryu (9/18 5:47pm)
[/collapse]

marshy / others pretty much covered everything. i wanna reiterate this kind of game is such a bitach to mod. in other games if a mod isn't on point with vote counts, that isn't TOO awful, but in this game if we're a lil slow with updates we could potentially delay the game. which happened a bit near the end when me n marshy got way busier.

there were some crazy interactions that could have happened with the roles. At one point Gorf was bussing KWK and Laundry. ANd kwk decided to track Laundry (so in essence he was tracking himself). So if he switched one of his track to someone else while still tracking laundry, he would have seen Laundry visit the same ppl he was visiting. which i thought was interesting / odd

KWK, Gheb, WATT, and Bardull played your roles pretty perfectly, good ****. i knew gheb wud love his role

lol chaco, the two people you revealed yourself to died right after. If WATT didn't intercept MB your time in this game coulda been cut way short.

mafia knows how they ****ed up. BSL's watcher ability would have been interesting to see play out but oh well

the concept of Day-only was so that mad **** could be going down all the time, kills, attacks, other crap. With both town and mafia figuring out how to deal with it and use it to their advantage. there were a lot of really powerful roles yet everything balanced incredibly well.

thx for playin

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
I truly sincerely wanted to stay alive at almost all costs. I would not have lynched strong townreads to keep myself alive, but anyone who has a chance of being scum is someone who is more likely to flip scum than me. I felt confident that as the game went on I could turn opinions on me around and I wouldn't continue to be a distraction/potential lynch target. Furthermore, I knew my role was a powerful one and wanted it to stick around in the game.

I would not act that way in all situations, but if this one came up again I wouldn't change a thing
Real talk, then you'll never get better at this game.

At the end of the day, your priority as a townie always needs to be centered on finding and lynching scum, even above preserving a confirmed townie, yourself or another, because town is always in a race against the clock.

And frankly I can guarantee you that no role is more valuable then the tells that are generated based on forcing scum to try to fake the mentality of trying to lynch scum, you can defend pretty much anything with "I was trying to stop myself from being lynched because I know I'm confirmed town".

So not only is it unhelpful for town, it directly advantages scum by giving them a genuine out.

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
Adum being lynched was legit embarrassing, even if he was Hated. That shouldn't have happened, you don't always need to use your vote to pressure a slot. Like, Jexs was convinced everyone was scumreading him, and not a single vote was placed.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Town is indeed in a race against the clock, and every mislynch puts it one step closer to losing. Therefore, a townie wants to avoid mislynches, including on themselves. I understand the merits of accepting my fate and taking a lynch sometimes. In this game I believe I was better off alive than dead. I changed people's minds on me, helped get scum lynched, and even got to use my role to confirm people later on. Given the same situation, I would fight to stay alive every time.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
You are a moron. We've already had this discussion though.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Town is indeed in a race against the clock, and every mislynch puts it one step closer to losing. Therefore, a townie wants to avoid mislynches, including on themselves. I understand the merits of accepting my fate and taking a lynch sometimes. In this game I believe I was better off alive than dead. I changed people's minds on me, helped get scum lynched, and even got to use my role to confirm people later on. Given the same situation, I would fight to stay alive every time.
What, you think I'm saying "accept the lynch"? Ummm, never, the critique is in method ya dingous. Compare trying to push the wagon on your scumreads versus trying to get any slot that looks like a wagon could develop on it lynched, there's a difference.

Yeah, a hated townie getting hammered by a scumbag is really embarrasing for town.

:059:
:p, everything leading up to it that's embarrassing.

You are a moron. We've already had this discussion though.
I love you too ryker.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
What, you think I'm saying "accept the lynch"? Ummm, never, the critique is in method ya dingous. Compare trying to push the wagon on your scumreads versus trying to get any slot that looks like a wagon could develop on it lynched, there's a difference.
Pretty sure every other slot that a wagon could develop on looked like a scumbag at that point. It was what? Joker, me, Gorf, and maybe Bardull?

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Pretty sure every other slot that a wagon could develop on looked like a scumbag at that point. It was what? Joker, me, Gorf, and maybe Bardull?
The how was what mattered though, it wasn't an "I'd be ok with lynching x, y, and z", it was a, somebody proposes somebody they want dead > Kantrip says "ya, lynch this guy!" > repeat with somebody different a few posts later. It was very obviously "look it's distraction from my wagon!" type of play which is pretty much as anti-town as you can get.

Top Bottom