• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DC vs. Marvel: Infinity Crisis

PinkFlare

Previously 1SecondNinja
Sure; you can nominate an alternate reward and we can have a vote.
Here you go.

SHREDDER'S THRONE ROOM
Located within the Foot Clan Headquarters in New York City, Shredder's Throne Room, alternatively known as Shredder's Lair, is the stage in which the Shredder's boss fight takes place. Taking inspiration primarily from the 2012 Animated series and the Out of the Shadows 2013 game, a window view of New York City can be seen in the background, along with monuments to the Foot Clan's glory present in the room itself.

Of course, the primary draw here is none other than the cameos; So without further ado
The Shredder
When not in fierce battle against the Turtles or any other hero, Shredder can be seen sitting on the throne as the battle ensues; This would function similarly to Dracula's Smash appearance and Brainiac's Injustice 2 appearance, as both are boss fights with stage cameos included.
Karai​

Shredder's top lieutenant (and sometimes daughter) Karai would also make an appearance as a major figure in the Foot Clan.

And of course, Shredder's mutant minions would make appearances as well.

Bebop
Rocksteady​
Baxter Stockman​

It also helps to have some hired muscle around in case any present "heroes" get too big for their britches, wouldn't you say?

Tiger Claw
Slash
Hun

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I made some updates to my TMNT moveset; I'm not sure if anyone else has ideas for a moveset for them, or if we should just go with mine.

Regarding yesterday's polls, the Turtle Lair will be their stage, while we'll be going with Avengers members for the third Marvel theme of season 3.

Here are the rival polls for Spawn and the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles:

(The TMNT is the first time that a guest character's gotten nominations from both companies, oddly enough)

Here's the poll for Shredder's reward:

---

Job 219: nominate costumes for the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

We'll nominate four for each turtle; it means sixteen in total, but that's a more popular option than two each for the regular total of eight. As an example, here are my nominations; you don't have to have each turtle sharing a theme, but that's my preference.

Leonardo

1. Default
leonardo batman.png

2. Nightwing

3. Samurai
4. Super Ninja
Donatello

1. Default
donatello batman.png

2. Spoiler

3. Samurai

4. Mystic
Raphael

1. Default
raphael batman.png

2. Red Hood

3. Samurai

4. Mystic
Michelangelo

1. Default
michelangelo batman.png

2. Robin

3. Samurai
4. Savage

I could have went with their trenchcoat disguise, but I figured that these would make it easier to tell them apart from each other. Regardless of the weapons shown, they'd just use their usual weapons.

As tempting as it is to include the turtle from the Last Ronin (an alternate future where three of the four turtles were killed and the sole survivor carries all of their weapons) as a costume, I'll save that for a premiere nomination. (I figured an old, battered Michelangelo who's hallucinating his three brothers would have different things to say, particularly to the other turtles)

Last edited:

PinkFlare

Previously 1SecondNinja
I have plans to do a TMNT moveset, which I'll get to later. I still want to burn through the trading cards first.
Rocket and Groot together both had 16 costumes which I think was a fair thing to do, so the TMNT being a 4 in 1 character is justified.

Leonardo Default
Rise of the TMNT Leonardo
Mirage Comics Leonardo
Foot Clan Leonardo
Raphael Default
Rise of the TMNT Raphael
Mirage Comics Raphael
Trench Coat Raphael
Donatello Default
Screen Shot 2022-10-27 at 11.26.23 AM.png
Rise of the TMNT Donatello
Mirage Comics Donatello
Metalhead Donatello

For reference, there was an arc where Donatello's mind was transplanted into Metalhead's body
Michelangelo Default
Rise of the TMNT Michelangelo
Mirage Comics Michelangelo
Last Ronin Michelangelo

This was exceedingly difficult to pin down. I feel had quite a few options for costumes that I had to leave out, including the 80's cartoon, Mecha designs and Power Ranger suits. For solo costumes it was tough to find some; I wanted to have 2 per Turtle but that was a bit difficult due to some just having a lot more alternate appearances than others.
This is what I'm settling with

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I probably should have posted something alongside a costume job for today, but I figured that given the amount of shows, toylines, etc. that they've had over the years, people would be able to come up with a lot of ideas for them.

Also, I wanted to start season 3 fresh, rather than starting it while we're still working on season 2.

Unrelated, but make sure you include some text in your posts; otherwise, it's spam.

Last edited:

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
I still lack t time to do the things I had in mind (BWL moveset, some interactions that I F*CKING FINALLY HAVE IDEAS FOR THAT) and my knowledge in the turtles is extremely lacking so I decided to pass.

PinkFlare

Previously 1SecondNinja
I probably should have posted something alongside a costume job for today, but I figured that given the amount of shows, toylines, etc. that they've had over the years, people would be able to come up with a lot of ideas for them.

Also, I wanted to start season 3 fresh, rather than starting it while we're still working on season 2.

Unrelated, but make sure you include some text in your posts; otherwise, it's spam.
I understand and honestly I do agree with being able to start Season 3 on a completely new slate; It just sucks to see the thread like this, but it is inevitable regardless.

On another note, I have the full day off of work today so expect me to post a TMNT moveset and finish those Image Comics trading cards; In fact, I already added a few new cards and finished all the Spawn-related ones, so you can go ahead and start linking them to the first page post.
I have other posts planned for today regarding Spawn, mainly interactions, but I may try to include something else.

I added text to the other post btw so it's not spam

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Shredder's Lair will be the reward for beating the Shredder, Spawn's rival will be Ghost Rider, and the Turtles' rival will be Daredevil! I can keep the TMNT moveset job going for another day.

Here's the poll for the Turtles' costumes:

---

We've covered all of season 2, to my knowledge (aside from today's vote), so I think we can move on to season 3 with...

Job 220: nominate a person of colour from DC

This seems self-explanatory; so far, the only characters we have who fit the bill are Cyborg, Blue Beetle, and Black Adam, along with some premiere costumes. I'll have to do some research for this one, as I'm not as familiar with DC as I am with Marvel.

Last edited:

PinkFlare

Previously 1SecondNinja
Well, early bird catches the worm.

Job 220: DC Person of Color (DLC)
STATIC
Alias: Virgil Hawkins
First Appearance: Static #1 (June, 1993)

I think any big DC fan here knows who this guy is, but for those who aren't a big DC fan: Static, sometimes known as Static Shock, is a popular fan-favorite hero originating from Milestone Comics. And this in particular is a big thing for this job, so prepare a brief history lesson.
Milestone Media was a company created in the 90's that partnered with DC to publish comics based around superheroes; However, what made Milestone significant was the entire company being built around people of color. In the 90's, superheroes were very Caucasian dominated; Sure, you had Black Panther, Blade, Cyborg, and just the year prior to Static we got Spawn. But at the top of the mountain were always the white heroes, and usually the big companies such as Marvel and DC would create new characters that were predominantly white characters. Milestone was centered on being a pillar for people of color, particularly African-Americans, in comic book media, and so all of their major heroes were PoCs. Icon and Rocket, Hardware, the Blood Syndicate, etc. But nobody came close to the level of popularity as their breakout hero, Static. Taking inspiration from the usual high school superhero setting, Virgil Hawkins was 15 year-old who gained powers from a city-wide accident, and now uses them to fight crime as a young superhero named Static.

On a side note, DC went on to absorb Milestone Medias as one of their subsidiaries, adopting their entire comics library into their own. Give or take the occasional lapse in character rights, the Milestone characters would continue to be under the DC flag going forward, so by this extent the characters certainly qualify.

But of course, what made Static truly iconic was the DC Animated Universe show: Static Shock.
This series hit a particular niche and that niche made it blow, up! Airing alongside Superman, Batman Beyond, and Justice League, Static hit it big time with younger viewers who watched the show in between, and the show is even looked back on as one of the most influential superhero shows for young audience ever created. Much like the comics, the show stood out for covering topics that normal superhero, or any kids shows, would never cover; There were episodes about racism, gang violence, school shootings, all of which are serious topics that can apply to anyone in daily life, and with Static as a fully developed person of color being the star of the show, it placed a heavy emphasis on these issues; the writing and care put into each one definitely helped as each topic was covered with the perfect level of seriousness and teaching that would make it click with audiences. Of course, not every episode was like that; there were some dumb-superhero action fun episodes thrown in, including crossovers with the DCAU Justice League and Batman Beyond!

So, putting the popularity of the comics and shows and the core theme of racial politics together, we have a breakout fan-favorite superhero character with a huge influence in the community of colored heroes that audiences are begging to see more of; This is absolutely the best possible pick for a DC colored hero.
Of course, giving that this is a fighting game, we need to have characters with interesting powers, right? So, just to briefly list his powerset:
Static has the powers of electromagnetism, essentially meaning he can control both electricity and magnetic energy, and to an insane degree: Anything you can think to do with electricity or magnetics, Static has done it times ten. Shoot electric currents at enemies? Sure. Create electric-based explosives blasts? That's a nova bomb for ya. Move metal? Well, duh. But of course that pales in comparison to uh, seeing ultraviolet light, changing people's electrical current in their bodies, super superhealing, being faster than lightning, and being able to control the lightning of an actual storm. Given that electromagnetism is one of the four fundamental forces of the universe in, uh, real life science, this definitely adds up.
And of course, whenever he needs to get somewhere quick, he can hop on his personal ride: the Static Saucer, a plate of metal he uses to fly that triples as a shield and buzzsaw, essentially being it's own weapons.
Though, it was confirmed by Ed Boon himself that Static has a full moveset created for Injustice 2 at one point, so was it even necessary to discuss his moveset potential? Well actually, his powers are cool so yeah.

Reasons for Inclusion
  • Fan-Favorite
  • Not featured in Injustice, making him a new character in the roster
  • Moveset potential
  • Icon of colored heroes with a lot of history to back it up
Apologies for the sudden history lesson but I felt that this is the type of round where it matters most and Static's origin in comics is a huge part of what makes his character so important

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
There's still premire costumes for the last four characters.

ill submit tonight
Oops, my bad. I can include that in tomorrow's jobs; it's probably best that we decide on the TMNT costumes first. (since I had an idea for their premiere costume(s), at least, though that depends on which costume list wins)

Last edited:

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
My submission would be Black Manta, Aquaman's Archenemy, I think he hits various good spots:
  • Villain
  • Character not related to Batman/Superman/Flash (a.k.a. the only ones with villains of their own in the roster)
  • DCEU representation (considering how well received was his interpretation)
  • And of course, POC.

92MilesPrower

Smash Ace
Have some intro dialogues:

Deadpool vs. Cyclops:
Deadpool: "Ooh, I've got a good one! BEAM ME UP, SCOTTY! ...oh wait. Please don't do that."
Cyclops: "I just don't understand how Cable and the rest of X-Force are able to put up with you..."
Deadpool: "Actually, can I even legally say that? God, I hate dealing with lawsuits..."

Raphael vs. Hulk:
Raph: "Now THIS is the kind of fight I've been looking for. Mutant or not, you're in for a world of hurt!"
Hulk: "HULK STRONGER THAN ANY MUTANT! HULK WILL CRUSH SMALLER GREEN MAN!"
Raph: "And everyone says that I'VE got anger management problems!"

Scott Pilgrim vs. Ra's al Ghul:
Scott: "Huh? Mr. Chau? I thought that we managed to settle things peacefully!"
Ra's: "You are mistaken, for I am Ra’s al Ghul, an even more deadly opponent than who you believe I am, boy.”
Scott: “As long as you can’t cut a streetcar in half, I think I've got a fighting chance.”

Deadpool vs. Leonardo:
Deadpool: “Say, you wouldn’t happen to know the address of a… Miss O’Neil?”
Leo: “There’s not a chance I’m gonna let you or anyone else from the Foot Clan lay a finger on April!”
Deadpool: “…ARE YOU DELIBERATELY IGNORING MY GUNS?! NINJAS! DON’T! USE! GUNS!

Spider-Man vs. Michelangelo:
Spidey: “So apparently you guys love pizza? I used to work as a delivery boy for a pizzeria in Queens years ago…”
Mikey: “Oh man, that sounds like the best job ever! Did you get fired for eating too many pies yourself?”
Spidey: “Nah, pay wasn’t good, and I also had to always say the dumbest thing every delivery: ‘Pizza Time.’”

Donatello vs. Iron Man:
Donnie: “That suit of armor looks incredible! I'd love to learn about the technology behind those energy blasts!"
Iron Man: "Leap-Frog? I thought you retired! Don't tell me you're working with Hammer Industries again..."
Donnie: "Frog? I thought a technological genius like you would be able to tell that I'm a turtle!"

PinkFlare

Previously 1SecondNinja
I'm going to be working on trading cards for numerous character, though as I have said before these are very time-consuming. I'm about to go to work so I'll post what I have now and expect this to be updated later today.
  • Spawn​
    • Al Simmons, a born killer, joined the CIA and become a top covert assassin, and one of the greatest killers in the world. He joined Jason Wynn's umbrella agency to continue his trade, but it would ultimately lead to his demise; assassinated by his best friend, Al Simmons was sent to Hell to suffer as punishment for the sins he committed whilst alive. Yearning to see his wife once again, Al made a deal in Hell with the devil known as Malebolgia, a mistake that would torture him for the rest of his afterlife, as Simmons was transformed into a Hellspawn, destined to be a commanding officer in Hell's army. Taking on the nature of his true power, and adopting the name Spawn, Al went in a different direction that would forever mark him as traitor against Hell, and become a protector of the innocent and the ultimate judgement for sinners; Spawn now roams the streets, and those who are any wiser would do best to not cross them.​
  • Malebolgia​
    • The Acting ruler of Hell in the asbence of Satan, Malebolgia is the one responsible for Al Simmons' pain and suffering, as he is for all Hellspawns. Obsessed with building an army to wage a war against Heaven, the devil has struck many deals with regretful sinners; But with every deal comes a new enemy, and now Malebolgia's rule is challenged by the very beings he had given new life to; And those same beings will be destined to burn for all eternity, for nobody challenges the demons of Hell.​
  • Wanda Blake​
    • Having been Al Simmons' former wife in the living world, Wanda has since moved on from the death of her husband 5 years prior. Starting a new family with her husband Terry and her daughter Cyan, Wanda now wants nothing more than to live a peaceful life; And thought a target may be placed on her family's head, those transgressors must be warned, as the Fitzgerald family is forever under the protection of the mysterious Spawn.​
  • Chapel​
    • Bruce Stinson is a black-ops mercenary with proficient training, and best friend to Al Simmons; Until he killed him in cold blood under the command of Jason Wynn. Bruce, with blood on his hands, would go on to betray Wynn, becoming a targeted figure, but as the best mercenary in the world, he survived, and his reputation would catch up to him when he was recruited into the superhero team Youngblood. Now a heroic figure of the public, Chapel fights alongside his colleagues against threats to the world; but his past sins will never be forgotten, not by Hell, and certainly not by Al Simmons.​
  • The Violator​
    • Every Hellspawn needs a demonic guardian to show them the path paved for them by Malebolgia, and unfortunately for Spawn, his "guardian" is a complete asshat. Taking the form of a psycho clown, he takes every chance he gets to torment Spawn and push him to become the commanding officer of Hell he is meant to be... and in the end, it always costs him his life, as Spawn has taken to retaliation and killed his own guardian on multiple occasions. The hatred grows, and of all the demons Spawn has pissed off, there's none higher on the list than him, and Spawn will know that he's not the Vindicator, or the Victimizer, or the Vaporizer, or the Vacillator... he is, the VIOLATOR!​
  • Jason Wynn​
    • Though he keeps his hands clean, there is no single being on Earth more evil than Jason Wynn. Quite possibly the most powerful man in the world, Jason controls everyone you think you trust, and there is nothing that stands against him other than sheer chance. From politicians to common street thugs, to the murder of one Al Simmons, Jason's name is on all of them, and nobody will never know it. At least, as long as a certain Hellspawn doesn't continue to derail his empire.​
  • Nyx​
    • A young practitioner of magic, Carrie Andrews found herself involved within the war between Heaven and Hell when she came in contact with none other than Spawn himself. With her innate magical abilities and exposure to the forces of the afterlife, Nyx quickly became a recurring ally for Al Simmons, joining him in the war against the godly forces.​
  • Overt-Kill​
    • When it comes to psycho-cyborg-assassins, nobody is better built for the role than Nicholas Rocca. Involved with the mob since age 13, Nicholas went in over his head and ended up becoming a target. Unfortunately for his aggressors, he was rebuilt to be far deadlier than they could have anticipated; now a military-level cyborg, Overt-Kill began taking hits for powerful enforcers, with a reputation for always getting the job done; Atleast, until he crossed paths with Spawn, who would be the last target he ever took on.​
  • Angela the Demon Hunter​
    • From the souls of five deceased mortals whom died saving their love ones, comes the creation of an Angel within the realm of Heaven. And of all the Angels in Heaven, none are more fierce than the primary slayer of Hellspawns herself, the ultimate Angel in God's imperium, Angela; the scourge of Hell herself, she has traveled time and space to kill and conquer the forces of Satan. Her sword clashed against the Hellspawn known as Al Simmons, the Spawn, but it was in this battle that she found the understanding of life being more than mere black and white moralities, and the slayer of Hellspawns became an ally to one.​
  • The Redeemer​
    • Whilst Malebolgia may recruit lost souls in Hell to became elite enforcers in his army, Heaven has taken its own countermeasures; The Anti-Spawns of the realm above, known by the name of The Redeemer. Though many have shared this identity between them, they all share the same glowing light of rage, and the righteous mind of a warrior. Burning with the elemental fires of the godly realm, they pose as the ultimate vindication to Spawn and those of his kin; So, may Malebolgia beware, for his army has come under jeopardy, and the darkness of the world is about to be redeemed.​
  • The Phlebiacs​
    • Disgusting, insect-like demons that scour the plane of the Eight Sphere of Hell, the Phlebiac brothers are creations of Malebolgia that exist to test his Hellspawn lieutenants. With a love only for spreading chaos and suffering, each of the brothers are vile and abhorrent in their own putrid, unspeakable ways. Though Violator may be the most famous, the likes of the Vindicator, Vacillator, Vaporizer and Victimizer have made might foes for Spawn on past occasions; Their mercy is non-existent, and much to their dismay, so is Spawn's. They best stay away, should they not end up like their brother.​
  • Mammon​
    • Malebolgia isn't the only dictator of Hell, and in his absence there will always be a more powerful being to fill the role. Enter Mammon, the successor to Malebolgia, and the ultimate schemer. A former denizen of Heaven, Mammon was banished to Hell; a mistake that would cause the afterlife to suffer. Now a fully fledged Lord of the underworld, Mammon has a new goal: to seek the Throne of Creation, and rebuild the universe in a new demonic image, befitting to him. And for as long as Spawn will stand in the way of that goal, Mammon will always cause him to suffer, as is the way of demons in the afterlife.​
  • Billy Kincaid​
    • Serial killer extraordinaire, Billy was born as the b*st*rd son to a corrupt Senator; Placed in a mental institution after being suspected of killing several children, his crimes were swept under the rug to protect the reputation of said Senator. Not on Spawn's watch; Billy was given a fitting death and sent to the underworld of Hell, given he had been clearly reserving a seat for himself. Of course, the afterlife is not the end for anyone, and Billy now serves the demons of Hell as a tool, used to torment Spawn as he has become a rogue agent. Billy stands as proof that pure evil, will always exist.​
  • Terry Fitzgerald​
    • The best friend of Al Simmons in the living world, quite possibly the only one to not have betrayed him, Terry Fitzgerald found love with Simmons' former wife Wanda Blake, both grieving in his absence. Having started a family with Wanda, Terry continues to live life working under the command of Jason Wynn, oblivious to his dark demeanor. Unbeknownst to Terry, Spawn watches over him and his family, and should Wynn, or anyone else, attempt to endanger the Fitzgerald family, they would find a powerful new enemy in their wake.​
  • Cogliostro​
    • Whereas Violator is to guide Spawn to his role as a lieutenant of Hell, Cogliostro is the angel on his shoulder. Ironic, given his status as a former Hellspawn, one that has forsaken Malebolgia and lived his life without using any Hellspawn powers. Realizing the empty promises of Hell's demons, he himself made contact with Al Simmons to lure him away from his grim fate as an enforcer. Mentoring him as his powers grow, the old Cog has now found himself an ally... perhaps Spawn would be a useful tool in his future scheme.​

With the inclusions of both Invincible and Spawn, I feel it is justified in having representation for the rest of the Image Comics Universe, and I doubt there's any real objection to that, so I've went ahead and set up trading cards for major Image characters. I'm using images since I wanna be a little more grandiose here.
  • Savage Dragon
    • Roaming the streets of the Chicago stands the greatest Police Officer to ever step foot on Earth: The Dragon! Gifted with the abilities of super strength, healing and durability, the Dragon woke up in the streets of Chicago with no memory of his past life, and with a deepened understanding of Earth culture. However, he knew one thing: Any superfreak who pokes their hide seeking to cause trouble better be prepared for a beatdown from the world's greatest superhero!
  • Youngblood (Team)
    • When the U.S. Government needed heroes, it sanctioned the creation of its very own superhero team. Heroes of all corners of the country came together and formed what is now the highest-profile collection of superheroes on the planet: Youngblood! With an ever-changing roster of global celebrities, all equipped for any harsh battle, Youngblood will always be there to protect the world.
  • Shaft
    • The valiant leader of Youngblood, and it's most popular member, Jeff Terrel is: The Shaft! A former FBI agent with incredible marksman ship, he was approached secretly by the U.S. government for his incredible skill to become something greater than he currently was. Adopting a new superhero identity, the Shaft become a symbol of hope and leadership, and throughout every incarnation of Youngblood, he would always be there to lead them into a brighter future.
  • Shadowhawk
    • A mysterious spirit roams New York City, inhabiting one person to the next, invoking a strong, urgent sense of Justice. Brutal Justice. Those inhabited with this spirit tend to don the same costume, the same name, and the same sense of vindication: The Shadowhawk! An urban legend to some, and a dangerous threat to others, the dark hero has taken on many aliases, each one troubles by it's presence, but in the end, the Shadowhawk always remains, with a vicious vendetta against all crime.
  • Sara Pezzini (The Witchblade)
    • An ancient mystical artifact known only as the Witchblade, it is a sentient gauntlet that imbues itself with various hosts, granting them great power. The unknowing NYC Detective Sara Pezzini would have her life changed when she made a bond with the Witchblade that prevented her death. Gifted with the ability to fight the supernatural, Sara set out to do just that, and with the gauntlet in her posession, she has everything she needs to do so.
  • Jackie Estacado (The Darkness)
    • Long before the coming of God's Light, there was only the Darkness. A cosmic entity so powerful, it waged war against the entity of God, Angelus, and the concept of creation. A truce was eventually made, which would lead to the creation of the Witchblade, but the Darkness sought a new human host. Enter the Estacado bloodline, in which Jackie, the latest descendant, must now deal with the curse given to him; Controlling the power of an innately evil entity from an equally despicable bloodline, it is left to Jackie to finally redeem their name.
  • Madman
    • Frank Einstein was brutally killed in a fatal car accident; Fate, however, was on his side, as two doctors stitched him back together and resurrected him ala Frankenstein's Monster. And so stepped out a new man, with fascinating powers of precognition and empathy, and a fondness for a comic book character called Mr. Excitement. His existence, though strange, has brought about the coming of a new hero, fighting crime all across the world alongside his heroic allies; And thus, is the origin of the one, the only, Madman!
  • Radiant Black
    • Your life funneling down the drain? In $40,000 worth of debt? Best friend hospitalized in front of your eyes? Well then, now's the perfect time for a cosmic, mysterious, techno-organic ethereal Radiant to come hurdling into your life and give you fantastic new superpowers that you've never dreamed of having. Pay no mind to the mountain of consequences coming your way, because no matter how hectic it gets, you're Radiant Black, and nothing's going to stand in your way.
  • Firebreather
    • Being an average 16 year-old high school isn't easy when you have orange skin and can breath fire. But when your mom mates with an ancient kaiju-sized Dragon, you really have no say in it. Duncan Rosenblatt sure didn't, but with his half-monster heritage, he has to make due with monsters from Monster Island (real original, guys) stopping all over his home turf and psycho-assassin teachers from school. Thanks a lot, King Belloc.
  • The Pitt
    • The Pitt, one of the strongest beings in the universe, was created as an alien experiment to create the ultimate assassin. Being a cross breed of an alien race known as the Creed and the genetic of a human, The Pitt would spiral out of control and break free of his experimental chains. Finding his way to Earth, the Pitt was now an alien beast with running amuck, being hunted by the very same aliens who created him. Making the decision to protect his genetic younger brother Timmy, Pitt has since remained as the planet's unstoppable hero.
  • Supreme
    • Though at first glance Supreme may seem like the world's greatest hero, it'd be best not to say that around him, lest the thought go to his head. Powerful, somewhat inspirational, and with an unidentifiable origin, Supreme is a hero in his own right, just not doing right as a hero. When the cards are down, he'll be the hero the world needs, but when things are going his way, be prepared for absolutely *ssery, from either him or some evil clone. Or maybe the evil clones are him...
  • Wolf-Man
    • Rich and successful businessman Gary Hampton, a company CEO, was tragically mauled by a werewolf on a family trip. Not so tragically, however, he was gifted the powers to turn in a Werewolf during the night, later revealed to be a curse given to him by a mystic werewolf. Taken by a vampire mentor, Gary's life would be flipped upside in a series of unfortunate events, as the curse of being a Wolf-Man takes it's toll; a toll for which Gary will pay if it means being the hero the world needs him to be.
  • Science Dog
    • Man's best friend turned savior hero! When a dog named Science walks into the experimental time machine of one Dr. Collins, his molecules would advance a million years into the future: Instant evolution! Now the smartest being on Earth, Science Dog must use his wit and his skill to save the world from threat after threat! Will Science Dog be able to finally defeat the evil evil Dr. Walters? Will he finally return home from the clutches of a new mysterious alien race? Find out in next month's exciting issue of Science Dog! Available where ever comics are sold!
There's like, a ton more I could do then just the selected ones but I decided to stop there. Image is a huge universe but it gets confusing because technically Image doesn't own any of these characters, and it's a revolving door of individual comics that sometimes slap their own universes together in once in a blue moon crossovers.
Real talk though, a lot of these characters would make for great additions to the Infinity Crisis roster as Guests; Hell, there could be an entire fighting game just for these characters, though I doubt there's enough interest in the collective IPs for it to garner the amount of activity and association said game would need.
I finally, finally finished all of the Image Comics trading cards, and man, it was time consuming. It was definitely fine digging into each universe but I think I bit off more than I could chew.
Regardless, they're done, and I think I've now developed a love-hate relationship for doing this. Like, yeah, nobody asked me to, but I asked me to and I made damn sure I finished them. But yeah, this is a nice collection of characters from the comics so I hope people enjoy reading the cards, for whatever it's worth. Definitely makes the guests' inclusions more fleshed out, to boot.
It's also interesting looking into history of each of these comics and the beginning of Image as a whole. It's a shame a lot of these IPs were just sat on for eternity, with only a few of them still running; I think the Image universe has a lot of potential to be greater than it currently is, and the characters could definitely stand up to Marvel and DC's catalogue, but big media adaptations for a lot of these characters is a lot to ask for given they're, uh, not Marvel or DC.

Youngblood actually did have a pitch for an animated series on Fox at one point, made by the same team as the 90's X-Men.
It definitely looked solid and would've been great under the same writing and direction as X-Men. Unfortunately, as part of the contract for getting the X-Men license, Fox could only adapt properties based on Marvel comics, so Youngblood was no go. Bummer.

I went on a tangent so I'll carry on.
I won't do any TMNT cards since I feel burnt out by doing all of these, so if you wanted to step in Megadoomer Megadoomer , feel free. Maybe in a week from now I'll do them.
---​
I'm noticing a lack of participation in this job so far; I figured this far into the start of it we'd have at least 2 or 3 more, given how many possible nominations there are and how many users view this sub typically. I just have to assume people don't quite have many ideas, so I compiled a quick list of potential candidates.
Bane
Bloodsport
Katana
Firestorm (Jason Rusch)
Green Lantern (Simon Baz, Jessica Cruz)
Batwing
Black Lightning
The Atom (Ryan Choi)
Mister Terrific
Lady Shiva
Vixen
Steel
I could write whole paragraphs for each character but I mainly just want to get the point across that, yeah, there are options, and all of these characters could be unique and interesting.
Many of these characters were even past nominations, and some were included in Injustice as well, so it's clear that creative things can be done here. And hey, they might not win, but that doesn't mean nobody should talk about them.
---​
On another note, my TMNT moveset will likely be my next post. I like to keep movesets in their own separate posts, so, you know. In the meantime, I have some ideas for Spawn interactions that I'll throw in here.

Spawn vs. Joker
Spawn: "No more jokes, no more laughs!"
Joker: "Sounds like you've got a case of the grumps! :c"
Spawn: "I f*cking hate clowns."

This one is a direct carry-over from MK11, but honestly it's my favorite interaction in that whole game; the delivery in that last line just seals it.

Spawn vs. Invincible
Spawn: "Didn't I kill you before?"
Invincible: "Uh, you might have me confused from one of alternate dimension variants. O-okay, that sounds confusing, I know, but-"
Spawn: "Save it for the afterlife."

Spawn: "You're that flyboy that's always on the news."
Invincible: "The name's Invincible, pal. And just what hero are you, exactly?"
Spawn: "I'm the ghost that goes bang in the night, punk."

Invincible vs. Spawn
Invincible: "If we're from the same Earth, I think we're obviously on the same side, here."
Spawn: "I don't side with incompetent blowhards."
Invincible: "Well, so much for the talk first approach."

Ghost Rider vs. Spawn
Ghost Rider: "You have the mark of a demon on you."
Spawn: "And what? Here to recruit me into Hell's army."
Ghost Rider: "I'm here to snuff you out."

Spawn vs. Ghost Rider
Spawn: "What the hell kind of Hellspawn are you?"
Ghost Rider: "The one that sends judgement on sinners like you."
Spawn: "I've been judged a long time ago. Now, you face an executioner."

Spawn: "Hellspawn to Hellspawn, we both know better than this."
Ghost Rider: "Then you know you must repent for the sins you've committed."
Spawn: "Hmph. Send Mephisto my regards."

Spawn vs. Doctor Doom
Spawn: "Doom, your reign over Latveria ends now."
Doom: "Over my dead body!"
Spawn: "Today's the day."

Spawn: "Another pathetic dictator for the morgue."
Doom: "Pathetic? Doom will show you the true meaning of power!"
Spawn: "You don't know the first thing about power."

Spawn vs. Lex Luthor
Spawn: "Do you know how many businessman are in Hell, Lex?"
Lex: "You waste my time with these games. If it's a fight you want, I'm over-prepared for it."
Spawn: "You're about to find out, then."

Batman vs. Spawn
Batman: "You shouldn't have come back to my Earth, Spawn."
Spawn: "Last I remember we departed as allies, Bruce."
Batman: "And I was hoping you'd never return."

Thor vs. Spawn
Thor: "Art thou the Hellspawn Angela hath warned me of?
Spawn: "She's a friend."
Thor: "Doth told me oth'rwise."

Spawn vs. Harley Quinn
Spawn: "You can't redeem your past sins, Harley."
Harley: "Hey! Bats says I've been doin' good!"
Spawn: "Your reserved seat in Hell says otherwise."

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Dzt1iRhVsAAz8Ym.jpg

Vixen

Mari McCabe is a model who was born in the African nation of Zambesi. She wields the Tantu Totem , which allows her to harness the power of any animal, with the animal taking a spectral form beside her. I felt her being a alternative skin for Cheetah in Injustice 2 was kind of a waste of potential considering how cool her powers are.

PinkFlare

Previously 1SecondNinja
This game lacks big guys and grapplers so lets add Bane. Btw I guess he counts since he is half mexican or something idk I never understanded what POC means.
PoC just means anyone who is of a race other than caucasian/white. Bane is half white but he is half hispanic and also has a latino herritage, and I think mixed race should qualify anyway, so he counts.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I'm not sure who to nominate for this round; as I said earlier, I'm not as familiar with the possible nominees as I should be, and I'm not sure where to start in most cases. One character came to mind, but I was worried that they'd be too similar to a Marvel character that I wanted to nominate (well, re-nominate) later, and between the two, I'd prefer the Marvel character. There are some characters that I've nominated before which could work here, but I don't know if I'm as passionate about them as other people might be in order to justify why they should make it in.

I think I'm going to re-nominate Cassandra Cain, a.k.a. Batgirl, a.k.a. Black Bat, a.k.a. Orphan. (I'm going to go with Black Bat for simplicity's sake, since there have been multiple Batgirls and calling a character "Orphan" just seems mean)

Cassandra Cain (Black Bat)

Cassandra is the daughter of two of the top assassins in the DC universe, David Cain and Lady Shiva. Her childhood was spent turning her into the greatest assassin at the cost of learning concepts like reading, writing, and speech. However, upon taking her first life, she was repulsed by what she had done and turned against her father's teachings, eventually saving Commissioner Gordon's life and joining the Batfamily as Batgirl. She's a master martial artist and can read body language expertly, but her upbringing has left her near-mute and illiterate.

So in short, she's very different from the DCEU version.

Black Bat may have a utility belt, but she rarely uses the gadgets in it, which would help to set her apart from Batman in terms of gameplay. She'd be a powerful close range fighter, but she wouldn't have a lot of options for ranged attacks, meaning that she's predictable when at a distance.
Admittedly, she could also work for the upcoming street level character category, but I figure that DC has plenty of heroes and villains that would qualify for that. (I need to read some stories featuring her; I like the concept of the character, and I feel like she has a lot that would set her apart from Batman, but she hasn't been adapted into media very often, so I'm not as familiar with her as I am with Nightwing, Red Hood, or Barbara Gordon as Batgirl)

Last edited:

DragonRobotKing26

Smash Champion
Job 220:Katana

Katana_Vol_1_1.jpg

Tatsu Yamashiro (AKA Katana) is a DC superheroine,she is a samurai warrior that loses her husband Maseo,whose soul becomes traped on her blade. Outside the comics,Katana appears in cartoons as Batman:The Brave and The Bold and games as Lego Batman 2 and 3,but in live-action she appears in Suicide Squad 2016 and Arrow.

PinkFlare

Previously 1SecondNinja
I'm going to have to hold off on the TMNT Moveset. I know I said it'd be done yesterday, but truth be told, I hit a bit of a creative snag when I tried to work on it. It surprised me that I couldn't envision a moveset as well as I could other characters, because the TMNT are literally made for this stuff, but I felt like I couldn't make them interesting enough, at least not without ripping other ideas out of other fighting games for the Turtles.

I want to clarify that this is not me opting out of the moveset, it's something I still want to do, and I think today I'm better equipped to give it a shot, especially since we won't be held up by a major S3 job since we're likely going to do a vote and just costumes.

TL;DR: Apologies to Megadoomer Megadoomer but is it okay if I had one more day for the moveset?

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
TL;DR: Apologies to Megadoomer Megadoomer but is it okay if I had one more day for the moveset?
Sure, but this will be the last day for it; we are going to need to move on at some point.

The TMNT costume poll is tied, so I'll go with RNG for this one, and we'll be adding my costumes.

Here are the nominees for DC's people of colour round:

dc poc dlc nominees.png

-Static ( PinkFlare PinkFlare )
-Black Manta ( Infinity Sorcerer Infinity Sorcerer )
-Bane ( NanayaGaming NanayaGaming )
-Vixen (@Darkonedagger)
-Black Bat ( Megadoomer Megadoomer )
-Aqualad ( cashregister9 cashregister9 )
-Katana ( DragonRobotKing26 DragonRobotKing26 )

Vote for your top three, and you can't put your own in first.

1. Static
2. Black Manta
3. Vixen

---

Job 221: nominate premiere costumes for Lois Lane, Star-Lord, Spawn, and the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

We'll go with up to two per character. (aside from the Turtles; not sure how to handle them. I'm thinking one costume per turtle, but if you can come up with two premiere costumes each, then I suppose it could work)

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
Votes:
  1. Bane
  2. Black Manta
  3. Katana
I personally like more Cassandra's Orphan persona than Black Bat but I can understand why it sounds mean. Tho at least she isnt "Orphan-Maker" (Yeah thats a true name).

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Premiere Costume nomination for the Ninja Turtles:

The Last Ronin

In the near future, only one Ninja Turtle survives. Armed with the weapons of his three fallen brothers, he seeks to end the Foot Clan's reign of terror even if it costs him his life.

Unlike the Turtles' regular costumes, the Last Ronin's voice lines would be the same regardless of which weapons he starts with. He still hops off-screen and jumps back on, but only to change his weapon and get in a surprise attack. His level 3 and the level 2 where he summons Splinter change slightly; the other three turtles and Splinter appear as ghostly versions of themselves but don't harm the opponent, with the Last Ronin doing all of the attacking in their place. (also, April's visibly older when she's seen driving the van)

I'll see what I can come up with for the TMNT trading cards, and maybe get some interactions in.

Last edited:

PinkFlare

Previously 1SecondNinja
I'll quickly get my votes in here while I'm away from home.

1. Black Manta
- While I would prefer Static, Manta is absolutely the best choice otherwise. Fan-favorite, moveset potential, and a core villain in DC's catalogue; He's got it all.
2. Static
- Self-explanatory
3. Katana
- I like the moveset potential

There have been a few times where I've been tempted to have a mercy rule, usually when the poll results have me thinking "Stop, stop, they're already dead!"

Last edited:

NanayaGaming

Smash Journeyman
PoC just means anyone who is of a race other than caucasian/white. Bane is half white but he is half hispanic and also has a latino herritage, and I think mixed race should qualify anyway, so he counts.
I see, I'm latina myself and here we just say the country or something like that lol.

For my votes I'm going with Cassandra, Bane and Manta.

PinkFlare

Previously 1SecondNinja
TMNT MOVESET
Being that this is a very unconventional character inclusion, this is gonna get a little complicated so bear with me here.
Each Turtle will have their own set of Special Moves and Unique Abilities, but otherwise they will share the bulk of the same moveset. Also, I did borrow a few moves from Megadoomer Megadoomer , though not all. I hope he doesn't mind.

LEONARDO MOVESET
General Playstyle
Leonardo is a simple and easy to learn fighter with medium stats and approachable options for varied attacks. Though not spectacular in terms of moveset complexity, in the right hands Leo can be sharpened into a deadly opponent.

Unique Ability - Destined for Leadership
Leonardo has a Patience Meter that can be built up over time by receiving and dealing damage; As it builds up, Leo's attacks become quicker and more efficient, indicating a growth in his abilities that is the mark of any true Leader.

Special Move NameInputDescription
Spinning SlashBack, Forward + X (Air OK)Leo shorthops into the air and spins a katana in a circular motion, doing a multi-hit attack
Catch This!QCF + XLeo throws a kunai at the opponent, then follows up with a secondary sword slash
Endless ScrewQCB + XLeo holds his swords out and spins them in the same vein as a helicopter propellor; His movement can be controlled in this state
Spiked ShellHCF + XLeo curls up into a shell and launches himself at the opponent; If he makes contract with them, he'll automatically follow up with a dual katana slash
Way of the Ninja (Counter)Down, Down + XLeo stands in a guarded stance with his sword in a defensive position; If attacked at any point during this window, Leo will block it and follow up with a quick sword slash

Level 1 Unique Super MoveInputDescription
Odachi Strike!2QCF + XLeo sheathes both his dual katanas as he reaches for an alternate weapon: An Odachi sword, in which Leo uses to cut open a portal in front of him.
A portal opens behind the opponent and Leo quickly leaps throw and performs an automatic chained combo with his sword.

RAPHAEL MOVESET
General Playstyle
Raphael is an up-and-close grappler, playing at his best when he's putting out his strongest moves in relentless force.

Unique Ability - Shelled up Rage
Raph cracks both his neck and knuckles and crosses both his sais, applying superarmor during this animation; If Raph takes damage whilst doing this, his next special attack does increased damage. Essentially, it acts similarly to Incineroar's Counter in Smash

Wanna Hold Still for This?Back, Forward + XRaph grabs the opponent by the neck, and then stabs them repeatedly with Sais before throwing them down
The Burning Red Special (Throw)DP + XRaphael rushes into the opponent with a cross-Sai Slash
If successfully landed, Raphael automatically follows up with a special throw in which he entraps the opponent's arm within the opening of his Sai, twists it and then throws them over his back.

(This is directly based on a move he used in the pilot of the 2012 show)
Triple Krang Tang (Air)Back, Forward + XRaph throws his Sais at the opponent whilst in the air, then drops in for a triple kick before pulling out his Sais
Power DrillQCF + X (Air OK)Raphael flies forward spinning both of his sais in front of him
Triggered Parry (Counter)QCB + XRaph briefly flashes his Sais in a defensive stance; If hit during this, Raph follows up with a quick stab and roundhouse kick.

(Pulled directly from Injustice 2)

All You Can Beat Buffet2QCF + XRaph stabs his Sais into the ground, as they are held in place. He quickly leaps backwards, letting the impact of his shell deal damage to the opponent, before turning around following up with a rage fueled beatdown. It ends with him throwing the opponent across the stage as he backflips to his original position and picks his Sais back up.

DONATELLO MOVESET
General Playstyle
Donatello is a mid-range zoner with a high learning curve and a focus on technical plays and smart use of his given tools.

Unique Ability - Untested Invention
Donatello places one of 3 mines on the ground as he quickly exclaims "I haven't tested these before; Hope they work!" He can only place one device on the field at a time, and each has a different use; They are determined by directional input, and each one is on a timer and cooldown.

Unique Action MinesDirection InputDescription
Gravity MineNoneWhen active, the Gravity Mine will pull the opponent towards it by their closest limb, leaving them stuck in one position
Aerial MineLeftThe mine zaps any opponent if they attempt to perform an aerial attack within proximity of it
Healing MineRightIf Donne is within range of the mine, his health will be healed by 1% every 2 seconds for a maximum of 10% health regained

Spinning SplintersBack, Forward + XDonne spins his staff in a circular motion in front of him, creating a hitbox that keeps distance between him and the opponent.
Thorough Readout (Counter)Down, Down + XDonne puts on a pair of advanced techno-goggles and quickly scans the opponent to predict their next movement.

The next time this move is used, Donne goes for the counter and sweeps his staff across their legs, tripping them, and hitting them with an addition staff strike mid-air.
Sewer CannonQCF + XDonne quickly turns his shell to the screen as he cobble together a makeshift cannon out of junk; Once done, he turns around and fires a sewer lid that deals heavy damage. Depending on the attack button used, the angle changes;

L - Angled Downward
M - Straightfoward
H - Angled High
Experimental ExplosionQCB + XDonne throws a W.I.P. Smoke bomb in front of him, but quickly realizes its malfunctioning and leaps back just before it explodes in seconds. This essentially acts as a sticky explosive, and can be stuck onto the opponent if they are within close range
Sharp ImprovementDP + XDonne swings his Bo Staff in front of him, this time with a blade extending from the front end; This is attached for the next several attacks and applies a bleed effect in addition to the normal damage

The Original Party Robot!2QCF + XDonatello falls back as he makes a call to a personal friend of his - Metalhead!
He quickly unleashes a missile barrage on half the stage before flying off

MICHELANGELO MOVESET
General Playstyle
Michelangelo is a combo-focused fighter with a lot of chained attacks and mixup moves; He is also the most aerial practical of the 4 Turtles.

Unique Ability - Sweet Ride!
Michelangelo hops on his rocket-powered skateboard; This changes his mobility as he is now faster on the ground and all his moves special moves are Air-OK.
Additionally, Mikey can follow up any move with an attack from the skateboard; Doing so unequips the skateboard and he is back to movement on his two feet. Regardless, the skateboard is on a timer and a cooldown, hence it is not infinite use.

Hot Nunchuck Fury!QCF + XMikey rushes in with a spinning nunchuck attack, following up each hit with another in a multi-hit chained attack
Rising Dragon!DP + XMikey leaps into the air spinning his nunchucks around like a propeller.
Check Out This Move!QCB + XMikey spins on his shell as if he were breakdancing and slides towards the opponent, before popping out and dealing a quick nunchuck attack
Garlic Breath!Back, Forward + XMikey lets out a nasty cloud of garlic breath from an extra garlic pizza he just had; It deals no damage, but if the opponent is caught in this cloud, they are given extra hit stun, allowing an opening for Mikey to lay his quicker attacks.
Complicated Weaponry!HCF + XMikey attempts to run in for a multi-hit attack, but quickly trips over himself; He accidentally throws both his nunchucks towards the opponent, each acting as a 2-hit projectile.
They bounce back and Mikey quickly leaps up and catch both.

COWABUNGA!2QCF + XMikey leaps into the air, yelling out his signature catchphrase, "COWABUNGA!", as he spins his nunchucks and lands down; The impact of the nunchucks causes a shockwave, dealing extra damage to the opponent.

SUPER MOVES
Whilst all their Level 1 Supers are unique, the other 2 are shared moves. Just to keep it simple, I listed them both in the unique movesets and this section here.
To keep synergy with the Last Ronin premiere skin, as well as just me liking the other supers moves in general, I opted to keep Megadoomer's Level 2 and 3 Super Moves.
Super Move NameInputDescription
Leonardo's Level 1 - Odachi Strike!2QCF + X
Leo sheathes both his dual katanas as he reaches for an alternate weapon: An Odachi sword, in which Leo uses to cut open a portal in front of him.
A portal opens behind the opponent and Leo quickly leaps throw and performs an automatic chained combo with his sword.
Raphael's Level 1 - All You Can Beat Buffet2QCF + XRaph stabs his Sais into the ground, as they are held in place. He quickly leaps backwards, letting the impact of his shell deal damage to the opponent, before turning around following up with a rage fueled beatdown. It ends with him throwing the opponent across the stage as he backflips to his original position and picks his Sais back up.
Donatello's Level 1 - The Original Party Robot2QCF + X
Donatello falls back as he makes a call to a personal friend of his - Metalhead!
He quickly unleashes a missile barrage on half the stage before flying off - Donne is immune to any damage from the missiles.
Michelangelo's Level 1 - COWABUNGA!2QCF + XMikey leaps into the air, yelling out his signature catchphrase, "COWABUNGA!", as he spins his nunchucks and lands down; The impact of the nunchucks causes a shockwave, dealing extra damage to the opponent.
Shared Level 2 - Pizza Time!2DP + XThe Turtles pull out a fresh box of pizza and chow down on a quick slice, restoring some health.
Shared Level 3 - Turtle Power! (Cinematic)Press all ButtonsApril, driving the Turtle Van, busts in, as the Turtle who's currently playing grabs onto the side of it and drive straight toward the opponent.
If it connects, a cutscene begins where the opponent is launched into the air. All four turtles are hanging on the side of the van now, and they leap into the air after the opponent, drawing their weapons. The fight is now in the back alleys of New York City, where the Turtles leap off of the sides of buildings, taking turns knocking the opponents higher and higher into the air. Eventually, the opponent passes in front of a full moon, where in a series of blurs, the Turtles dash by the opponent, smacking them repeatedly, before they leap above the opponent. All four turtles hit the enemy at once, sending them slamming towards the ground and through an open manhole, ending the cinematic.

If this move takes place in the Turtle Lair with the Van in the background, the Van will quickly drive off whilst in the background, to keep synergy with both it's use as a cameo and super move
---​
Just to get a nomination in, and since I had the idea: I will submit T'Challa as a premiere costume for Star-Lord, based on the What If...? Episode.

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle trading cards:

-Leonardo
  • The leader of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, dedicated to his training and making sure that his brothers are safe. While this can lead to him being seen as a stick in the mud, he's the most well-rounded of the four of them, being ready for just about anything.
-Donatello
  • A science whiz, Donatello can build pretty much anything that the turtles need, which is impressive considering that he's self-taught, living in a sewer, and working with trash. While he'd rather not fight, he will if he has to, and his bo staff packs a serious punch.
-Raphael
  • Cool but rude, Raphael is hot-headed and eager for a fight. His hair trigger temper brings him into conflict with the rest of his family, particularly Leonardo, but when the chips are down, he has his brothers' backs.
-Michelangelo
  • Michelangelo is a party dude, easy-going and laid-back. His main interest include pizza and comic books, and his use of 90's slang is totally radical! He's extremely skilled, using what is easily the most difficult weapon to use out of the four turtles, but it often doesn't seem like it.
-Splinter
  • A mutated rat who acts as the mentor and father to the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, teaching them in the ways of ninjutsu. His grudge against the Shredder led to the Turtles' long-standing conflict with the Foot Clan.
-April O'Neil
  • A reporter and one of the Turtles' first human friends. While she doesn't have their ninja training, she's still eager to help the four turtles keep New York safe however she can!
-Casey Jones
  • A vigilante armed with sports equipment, Casey Jones fights crime with his signature catchphrase "Goongala!" Much like Raphael, he loves to find opportunities to get into fights, resulting in the two of them having a close bond.
-Leatherhead
  • Unsurprisingly, in the world of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, the myth that alligators were flushed into New York's sewers has some truth to it. Mutated to giant size, Leatherface starts out as a threat to the turtles before becoming their ally.
-Mondo Gecko
  • A skateboarding gecko and a friend of Michelangelo. An ally and sometimes neighbour to the Turtles, Mondo Gecko eventually joined the Mighty Mutanimals, a group of people and animals who had been mutated and used their powers to become superheroes.
-Dreadmon
  • One of the Mighty Mutanimals, Dreadmon was once a man who stole a talisman that turned him into a jackal-like creature. Bonding with the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, he eventually became a hero in his own right.
-Rat King
  • A man living in the sewers and covered with bandages, the Rat King has control over rats, which has proved troublesome for the turtles time and time again.
-The Shredder
  • The leader of the Foot Clan, and the arch-nemesis of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and Splinter. Despite appearing to die numerous times, he always finds a way to come back.
-Karai
  • A high-ranking member of the Foot Clan and a relative of the Shredder, Karai has served as an ally and an enemy to the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles at various times. While she's ultimately loyal to the Foot, Karai is more diplomatic than Shredder, knowing when to cut her losses and offer a peace treaty.
-Bebop
  • Never too far from Rocksteady, Bebop was mutated into a boar man and loyally serves Shredder. His sense of style hasn't changed much since the 80's.
-Rocksteady
  • As tough as a brick wall and almost as smart as one, Rocksteady was mutated into a rhinoceros to serve as one of the Shredder's henchmen. Why Shredder continues to rely on them is unclear.
-Baxter Stockman
  • A scientist who comes into conflict with the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles when he uses his robotics know-how to commit crimes. He has a habit of experimenting on himself which often ends poorly, whether he winds up as a fly mutant or a cyborg.
-Mouser
  • A series of robots designed by Baxter Stockman. While they were originally designed to exterminate pests, Stockman finds that he'd prefer to use them to steal from bank vaults.
-Tiger Claw
  • An assassin and bounty hunter from Japan, Tiger Claw is hired by the Shredder to hunt down and kill the Turtles.
-Slash
  • A more monstrous-looking turtle who is often aligned with the Foot Clan. Initially savage and uncontrollable, he gradually becomes a more noble individual as time goes on, and he is a loyal ally to those that he trusts.
-Hun
  • The leader of the Purple Dragons gang, and the arch-enemy of Casey Jones. He has served as an ally to the Foot Clan, though the two gangs also come into conflict quite often.
-Jennika
  • A former Foot Clan member who was mutated into a turtle after an emergency blood transfusion. As she was originally human, she has more of an issue with being a five foot tall turtle than Leo, Donnie, Raph, or Mikey do.
-Metalhead
  • A robotic turtle designed to emulate the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. While he's usually their ally, it can be surprisingly easy to reprogram him.
-Krang
  • A brain-like being who has been banished to Dimension X. Turning to Earth for help, he allied himself with Shredder and the Foot Clan. Due to his squishy form, he uses a robot body to accomplish most tasks.
-Kirby
  • A turtle from another dimension, who is also named after a famous (albeit more modern) artist. While his dimension and the home dimension of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles have yet to align, there have been a few near misses.

A bit of a delay, but I wanted to get these typed up. Sorry if some descriptions are a little basic; TMNT characters vary heavily depending on which continuity we're talking about (Slash is described by the wiki as "a (sometimes evil) mutant (or alien) turtle who is sometimes allied with either the Foot Clan or the Mighty Mutanimals"), and I'm not familiar with all of them. (I wanted to cover all of the stage cameos at least, plus a few extras)

I'm aware that Kirby technically isn't canon to anything (being an unused character concept), but considering that his namesake is Jack Kirby, I couldn't resist including him as a trading card.

---

Lois and Spawn won't have premiere costumes, and we can vote on the premiere costumes for Star-Lord and the Ninja Turtles:

Here's the poll for the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles' moveset:

-Megadoomer
-1SecondNinja

---

Here are the results for the latest character vote!

-Vixen: 3
-Katana: 6
-Black Bat: 6
-Black Manta: 8
-Bane: 11
-Static: 20

Static 5.png

The first character for season 3 will be Static! Congratulations, PinkFlare PinkFlare ! I imagine this wasn't a very shocking result.

---

Job 222: nominate a moveset for Static

We'll keep this open for two or three days. My only familiarity with Static comes from a few episodes of the Kids WB cartoon that I watched years and years ago, so I'm not sure how much I'll be able to come up with for this job (all I remember are his electric powers and the silver disk that he flies around on), but I'm sure someone can come up with a moveset for him.

Job 223: nominate costumes for Static

As usual, we'll have one default and up to seven alternate costumes.

PinkFlare

Previously 1SecondNinja
I don't quite have the full moveset done, but for the most part I have every most tacked down and am just getting in the inputs and extra description. This took 3 hours to cook up; I was thinking I'd have it done by now, but I may as well get this in as is and finish it up whilst it's posted.
And, I finished it. Just in the nick of time too, since as soon I as finished editing it the new jobs for today came up.
Sorry for the delays in trying to get this moveset done but I hope it's worth it; I love the TMNT, I grew up with the 2012 cartoon, and I wanted take a crack as their moveset, especially since nobody else besides Megadoomer and I would. As an aside, I'm a bit surprised that there's barely any TMNT fans here; Either that or nobody wants to participate in nominations that aren't jobs, but either way a lot of the Guest content for both seasons was carried by a small group, which surprises me.

Tangent aside though, I did want to do a moveset for these characters, even though I was very fond of Megadoomer's moveset (I took quite a bit of inspiration). The big difference is obviously in the unique abilities; Mega's connects all 4 Turtles in one moveset, whereas mine splits them into their own. I debated on the idea for a while; Whilst I feel like it works if each one is their own character that plays to their individual strengths, as they would in the comics or cartoons, the idea of them being a 4-in-1 in Gameplay works equally as well, because a large aspect of the team is that they fight as a unit. I liked the concept a lot but decided that if I was going to borrow that, I may as well would just be making a different variation of the previous moveset so I decided to change it to 4 unique abilities; This is also how it functioned in Injustice, so there's precedent for it.

Ultimately I'll likely give the vote to Megadoomer's moveset but I wanted to move forward with this as I promised to do so, and I hope people atleast like the moveset regardless of the outcome.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I've added all of the cards (my TMNT cards and 1SecondNinja's Image cards) to the first post; I'm not sure how much time I'll have today, but I'm hoping to go through the Marvel and DC list of cards to try and fill in any obvious gaps, along with trying to come up with arcade mode endings for characters who don't have them yet.

Last edited:

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
I will take a break this time, Static feels like the best choice (clearly fan favorite considering the big stomp he did to every one else) but I dont know anything of him sadly so yeah.

I know that I delayed it a lot but basically I had a familiy visit these days and I didnt had the time to sit on my laptop but tomorrow I will finally post the BWL moveset, I have most of it write it in a doc, just needing to finish a pair of extra things. The same goes to other things that were left behind in The threads like endings and interactions.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Static costumes:

1. Default

2. First appearance

3. Rebirth

4. DCAU

5. Injustice (based on unused concept art)

6. Young Justice

7. Gods Among Us (based on the Injustice 1 mobile game)
8. Big Fan (in the DCAU, he wore an outfit that resembled Black Vulcan's from the Superfriends at one point)

Admittedly, I only found that last one by Googling; the first seven were easy enough to come up with (though I wasn't aware that he was in Young Justice before this), but I had trouble with finding an eighth.

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Star-Lord and the Ninja Turtles will get their respective premiere costumes, and my Ninja Turtles moveset and Static costumes will be used! The Static moveset job will be open for another day or two, and I'll look into the character to see what I can come up with if needed.

I feel like it's better to wait until we have more DC characters before moving on to the stage or boss jobs (since this would be the last DC stage of the game, outside of rewards for bosses), so we'll move on to...

Job 224: nominate an X-Men member for DLC

As usual, this includes members of affiliated teams like X-Force, X-Factor, etc.

Last edited:
Top Bottom