• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DC vs. Marvel: Infinity Crisis

PinkFlare

Previously 1SecondNinja
I think I'll do that where I can - so, for example, there will be options for people of colour for both companies, or the Avengers and the Justice League would both be options since someone nominated the Avengers. Sorry about the confusion that resulted from all of this.

To be clear, season 1 will have eight characters - three Marvel, three DC, and two guests. Season two will be the same thing; I'm not sure if season 3 will be all Marvel/DC if we get to that point, or if people will still want guests by then.

EDIT:
I'll just put up a poll to clarify how we want to handle this. The way I see it, there's two options:

• Individually - we could wind up with Avengers, X-Men, Marvel PoC, Justice Society, cosmic DC, and DC anti-heroes, depending on what the most popular options are (we'd vote for Marvel and DC separately)
  • In groups - each side would get similar jobs (so we'd have one vote, where the two companies would be grouped together - so we could have Avengers and Justice League, cosmic Marvel and cosmic DC, and Marvel villains and DC villains, etc.)

In cases like 1SecondNinja's where no counterpart really exists, I'll go with something else they've mentioned, like a round for women or horror-themed characters.

Once again, sorry about all of the confusion surrounding this; a lot of this is new to me.
No need to apologize, everyone is trying to figure it out just the same. It's better we all try to communicate in the moment since none of us are on the same page just yet

On another note, I was setting up my nominations (JSA and X-Men) to be counterparts to each other- They're both teams so I found it better fitting that way.

D

Deleted member

I did consider a suicide sqaud round but most of the candidates would fall into the villian or anti hero rounds

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I edited into my previous post on the last page, but in case anyone missed it, here's the poll for how we're going to handle these categories that we're nominating.

We can either go individually (mixing and matching depending on what the top three is for each company) or in pairs (so Avengers and Justice League are grouped together, Marvel villains and DC villains are grouped together, etc. and we go with the top three pairs).

I hope I explained that well enough; if I didn't, I can try to clear it up.

Last edited:

PinkFlare

Previously 1SecondNinja
I edited into my previous post on the last page, but in case anyone missed it, here's the poll for how we're going to handle these.

We can either go individually (mixing and matching depending on what the top three is for each company) or in pairs (so Avengers and Justice League are grouped together, Marvel villains and DC villains are grouped together, etc. and we go with the top three pairs).

I hope I explained that well enough; if I didn't, I can try to clear it up.
Votes for pairs guys 😁

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
  • Martian Manhunter's rival will be Rocket Raccoon (and Groot)
  • Green Arrow's rival will be Daredevil
  • Ghost Rider's rival will be Constantine
  • Venom's rival will be Starro
  • We'll be using Infinity Sorcerer Infinity Sorcerer 's costumes for Constantine and Daredevil
  • Shazam and Doctor Doom won't have premiere costumes
Here are the polls for Luthor and Strange's costumes:

We're going to go with individual choices for the DLC - sorry again about the confusion.

MarvelDC
VillainVillain
Person of colourPerson of colour
X-MenJustice Society
WomanWoman
Anti-HeroAnti-Hero
Avengers memberJustice League member
Street level characterStreet level character
Cosmic characterCosmic character
Character that hasn't been adapted often/everCharacter that hasn't been adapted often/ever
Thunderbolts memberSuicide Squad member
Legacy characterLegacy character
Marvel MAX characterVertigo character
Character who hasn't been in a live action movieCharacter who hasn't been in a live action movie
Non-Spider-Man/Avengers villainNon-Batman/Justice League villain

I think I covered everything and found fitting counterparts. (For 1SecondNinja, I didn't want them to just get one nomination, and they made it pretty clear that women would be their next pick for a category)

Vote for your top four choices for each side. Unlike normal, you can vote for whoever you want, and you can put one of your own nominations in first. (I added a few extras to fill in the gaps, so I figured it would be hard to keep track) For example, here's my vote:

Marvel:

1. X-Men
2. Women
3. People of colour
4. Legacy characters

DC:

1. Cosmic characters
2. Villains
3. Justice Society
4. Character who hasn't been in a live action movie

---

Job 125: nominate rivals for Deathstroke, Starro, Loki, and Rocket Raccoon and Groot

We're nearing the end of the roster for these jobs; I'm thinking we'll move on to DLC once they're done.

Job 126: nominate costumes for Zatanna and Ms. Marvel

Same as usual; choose a default costume and 1-7 alternates.

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Poll is currently tied from what it looks like
My mistake; pairs was leading when I last checked, and I wanted to get this posted while my internet was working. (It's been wildly inconsistent for the past few days - as of now, sites like SmashBoards are working on some devices but not others)

It doesn't look like I've voted yet, going by the analytics - I'll go with individual and change my votes accordingly ( Infinity Sorcerer Infinity Sorcerer should do the same), since I feel like we don't need to keep both sides strictly identical in terms of themes for the DLC. So the individual rounds for each company won.

Last edited:

PinkFlare

Previously 1SecondNinja
You can pick any of the choices from the list; four for each side.
I was just about to ask this so thanks for the clarification.
Since Individuals won, I think just having counterpart categories be automatically added to nominations works well for a compromise between Pairs and Inidividuals. It would have kind of sucked if nobody nominated a Marvel villain round and we could only vote for a DC one (and same for the others).

DC:
  1. PoC
  2. Justice Society
  3. All-Women
  4. Cosmic
Marvel:
  1. Cosmic
  2. X-Men
  3. All-Women
  4. PoC
Was hoping somebody else would have nominated a Horror round, but nonetheless. I have no idea how points are going to be divided here, so I'm voting based on the assumption that it's a 4-point system, with the top getting 4 points, second place getting 3, etc.

Job 125: Rivals
Deathstroke vs. Deadpool - Self-explanatory. There aren't a lot of other options for Deathstroke on the roster.
Starro vs. Doctor Doom - They both like to conquer stuff.
Loki vs. Doctor Fate - Magical god entity vs. Magical god entity, and Loki is literally the god of mischief, so he would be a natural enemy of Fate's.
Rocket & Groot vs. Starro - Starro is exactly the type of alien threat the Guardians would deal with.

I think DLC should wait until we get all the costumes (premiere or otherwise) and movesets done - it seems fair to have a finished base game before rushing to DLC.

1. Rebirth (Default)

Batman not included
2. Justice League Dark (New 52)

The only image of this that both looked good and had a working link that I could find was this action figure.
3. Hooded
4. Bombshells
5. Silver Age
6. Classic (With Top Hat)
7. New 52
Justice League Dark (Rebirth)
Wonder Woman not included
1. Default
2. MCU
3. Nanosuit
4. Heroes Reborn
5. Guardians of the Galaxy

Captain America's shield would be worn on her back only
6. Kamala Khan
7. Attilan Rising
8. Mystic Marvel

I may or may not post later today with a moveset for Nightwing or Catwoman

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Was hoping somebody else would have nominated a Horror round, but nonetheless. I have no idea how points are going to be divided here, so I'm voting based on the assumption that it's a 4-point system, with the top getting 4 points, second place getting 3, etc.
Yeah, that's what I was going with; I wasn't sure whether to mention it or leave it implied. (Since it was similar to the other ranked voting rounds). Sorry about that.

D

Deleted member

Marvel:

1. X-Men
2. Street Level
3. Person of Colour
4. Legacy Character

DC:

1. Cosmic characters
2. Villains
3. Person of Colour
4. Justice Society

IVX_Vol_1_3_Inhumans_Variant_Textless.jpg

Kamala_Profile_Pic.jpg

MCU

tumblr_ofo0hblq7y1spe9yao1_1280.jpg

Improvised

download.jpeg

Cosplay

EGInUMJWwAA3yW3.jpg

Nanosuit

heroes-reborn-girl-power-1255338.jpeg

Heroes Reborn

QnP5KdZ.jpg

Attilan Rising

Marvels-Avengers-Kamala-Khan.jpg

Casual

Last edited by a moderator:

NanayaGaming

Smash Journeyman
Oh dang, I wanted to submit a prompt based on Marvel Now and DC Rebirth smh.

Oh well...uh...voting time:
  • X-Men
  • Legacy Character
  • Women
  • Thunderbolts

• Vertigo
  • Villain
  • Cosmic char
  • Justice Society

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Lex Luthor won't have a premiere costume, and at the moment, Strange's costumes are tied between Strangefate and None. The results for Strange's poll were pretty close, so it seems to me like people would want to see Strange having a costume, at least, so I'll go with Doctor Strangefate rather than none.

Here are the results for the voting:

Avengers: 1
Thunderbolts: 1
Anti-Hero: 5 2
Cosmic: 4
People of colour: 7
Street Level: 5 8
Legacy characters: 8
Women: 10
X-Men: 19

Non-live action movie characters: 1
Suicide Squad: 2
Women: 5
People of colour: 6
Vertigo: 9
Justice Society: 10
Cosmic characters: 13
Villains: 14

So this is what our DLC schedule will look like when we reach that point:

DC VillainX-Men Character
DC Cosmic CharacterMarvel Woman
Justice Society CharacterMarvel Legacy Character
Guest CharacterGuest Character

Hopefully that clears things up.

---

PinkFlare PinkFlare 's rivalry nominations win, and here are the polls for the costumes!

---

Job 127: rivals for Doctor Fate, Scarlet Witch, Blue Beetle, and Ultimate Spider-Man

This is the second-to-last rivals job (at least for the base game roster); I'll see what I can come up with for this one.

Job 128: costumes for Black Canary and Storm

As usual, we'll be going with a default costume and 1-7 alternates; I'll see what I can find for these two. (I didn't participate yesterday because I wasn't aware that Ms. Marvel and Zatanna had many costumes - all I could think of for Zatanna was her normal and New 52 appearances, while all I could think of for Ms. Marvel was her normal and nanosuit costumes)

---

I've got part of a Plastic Man moveset typed up, so I'll try to get that finished, and I'm hoping to get some trading card descriptions posted today. I'll try to find noteworthy gaps in the list, and/or cover playable characters who don't have descriptions.

Last edited:

PinkFlare

Previously 1SecondNinja
These results seem a bit off to me. I thought Street Level and Legacy were tied

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
These results seem a bit off to me. I thought Street Level and Legacy were tied
My mistake (I didn't notice that people had edited their posts); in that case, I'll have a poll to break that tie.

---

For Blue Beetle's rival, I'm going to nominate Venom - both have to deal with sentient alien costumes.

For Ultimate Spider-Man, I'll nominate Harley Quinn as a rival. Partially because she hasn't been anyone's rival yet, and partially because Miles could think that she's connected to the Joker when the truth's more complicated than that.

For Scarlet Witch, I'll nominate Doctor Fate because they've got a whole "Order vs. Chaos" thing going on.

For Doctor Fate, I'll go with Ghost Rider, since both (by my understanding) are possessed by otherworldly forces. (we've already used Doctor Strange vs. Doctor Fate and I don't want to repeat that; I also considered Doctor Doom, but he's the rival for Starro and Plastic Man, so I want to go with someone who hasn't been used as much)

---

Plastic Man moveset

Unique Ability: Slippery as an Eel - Plastic Man shapeshifts into an eel, sliding along the ground before returning to normal. This acts as a way to avoid projectiles and get in close, though he can be stopped by hitting him with a low attack. Pressing back and the unique ability button has him move backwards instead.

Bouncing Ball (back, forward, attack) - Plastic Man turns into a ball and bounces forward once. He bounces a second time, though how he bounces depends on which version of the attack he uses. The light version has him bounce backwards about half of the distance that he travelled, the medium version has him bounce straight up into the air, and the heavy version has him bounce forward again.

Rocket Man (down, up, attack) - Plastic Man turns into a rocket and launches into the air, traveling higher with the heavier versions of the attack.

Yeehaw! (quarter circle forward + attack) - Plastic Man turns his hand into a lasso and flings it forwards. If he connects, he tightens his arm around the opponent, lifts them up, and slams them into the ground. The attack has a big wind-up at the start to keep it from being spammed

Auntie Em! Auntie Em! (Shoryuken motion + attack) - Plastic Man turns into a miniature tornado with his face on the top of the funnel, flying up into the air from the force of his spins. (the angle depends on whether it's light, medium, or heavy)

Level 1: Getaway Driver (half circle forward + attack) - Plastic Man turns into a car and drives forward at ramming speed.

Level 2: A Ton of Pancakes (quarter circle back x2 + attack) - Plastic Man turns into a giant pancake, flipping himself into the air and spinning around wildly. Once he nears the top of the screen, he turns into a large 1 ton weight (like this, only red and yellow) and slams straight down into the ground.

Level 3: Malleable Menagerie (press all buttons) - Plastic Man turns into a hammer and slams his body forward. If he connects, it turns into a cinematic where he grows to giant size and shape-shifts his body into a bulldozer, shark, various dinosaurs, etc. He continues to punch the opponent higher and higher into the air, changing his limbs with each hit to things like a cartoonish anvil, a regular-sized version of himself, a ram's head, etc. Once they're high enough, the blows stop, and they fall towards the ground, which is now bright red and has Plastic Man's face on it. He chews them up, spits them out, and snaps back to normal size, ending the super.

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Question, what does "Marvel Legacy character" generally include?
Someone who's not the first to take on a certain identity.

Some examples include:

• Sam Wilson as Captain America
  • Kate Bishop as Hawkeye
  • Jane Foster as Thor
  • Helmut Zemo as Baron Zemo
  • Laura Kinney/X-23 as Wolverine
  • Scott Lang as Ant-Man
There are some weird situations, though. In some cases, like Monica Rambeau as Captaìn Marvel, Luke Cage as Power Man, or America Chavez as Miss America, they had no idea that anyone used the title before they did.

In other cases, characters briefly took on someone else's title, but are better known for another one, like when Clint Barton (Hawkeye) became Goliath or Hank Pym (Ant-Man) became the Wasp. (Clint felt like he wasn't contributing much with just a bow and arrow, while Hank has issues)

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Black Canary costumes

1. Default

2. Bombshells

3. Rebirth

4. New 52

5. Classic

6. Birds of Prey

7. DCEU
(probably just the outfit;
a complete costume would
seem to require a change in
voice actor, though the
interactions would be the
same)

8. White Canary

Storm costumes:

1. Default

2. Classic

3. Mohawk

4. Animated Series

5. X-Men

6. Movie

7. Goddess of Thunder

8. Outback

Last edited:

PinkFlare

Previously 1SecondNinja
Someone who's not the first to take on a certain identity.

Some examples include:

• Sam Wilson as Captain America
  • Kate Bishop as Hawkeye
  • Jane Foster as Thor
  • Helmut Zemo as Baron Zemo
  • Laura Kinney/X-23 as Wolverine
  • Scott Lang as Ant-Man
There are some weird situations, though. In some cases, like Monica Rambeau as Captaìn Marvel, Luke Cage as Power Man, or America Chavez as Miss America, they had no idea that anyone used the title before they did.

In other cases, characters briefly took on someone else's title, but are better known for another one, like when Clint Barton (Hawkeye) became Goliath or Hank Pym (Ant-Man) became the Wasp. (Clint felt like he wasn't contributing much with just a bow and arrow, while Hank has issues)
Do they have to be submitted as the mantle they took or can they just be based on whatever identity they had
For example, if I nominate Sam, can it be as The Falcon or is it required to be as Captain America?

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Do they have to be submitted as the mantle they took or can they just be based on whatever identity they had
For example, if I nominate Sam, can it be as The Falcon or is it required to be as Captain America?
My thinking is that any identity would work; not every character would have something that could be added to their superhero name to separate them from the original like Miles or Jane Foster do. (For example, Laura Kinney's superhero name is just "Wolverine", and the comic doesn't have anything extra in the title like "Uncanny Wolverine") I figure that they'd have the legacy costume as an alternate.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
My thinking is that any identity would work; not every character would have something that could be added to their superhero name to separate them from the original like Miles or Jane Foster do. (For example, Laura Kinney's superhero name is just "Wolverine", and the comic doesn't have anything extra in the title like "Uncanny Wolverine") I figure that they'd have the legacy costume as an alternate.
So would Clint Barton as Hawkeye be okay to nominate? He was Goliath at one point but I'm pretty sure no one would want to nominate that

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
So would Clint Barton as Hawkeye be okay to nominate? He was Goliath at one point but I'm pretty sure no one would want to nominate that
Yeah, he'd be fine; I figure he'd likely have his Goliath costume as one of his alternate costumes, even if Hawkeye (either the traditional or modern look) is his default.

---

Here are some trading cards; I'm trying to fill in any gaps that I see in the line-up.

Batgirl (Barbara Gordon)
  • The daughter of Gotham's police commissioner, Barbara Gordon was inspired by Batman's crusade and took up a similar mantle in order to foil a kidnapping attempt. Barbara's unmatched computer skills make her a huge benefit to the Batfamily in or out of costume, and her martial arts skills and photographic memory make her a well-rounded crime fighter and detective.
Green Lantern (Guy Gardner)
  • Loud, aggressive, and brash, Guy Gardner was the second choice for the Green Lantern Ring that Hal Jordan received, and as a result, he was chosen as a replacement when Hal was incapacitated. Despite his demeanour, Guy is a football coach and teacher, and a member of the Green Lantern's Honour Guard.
Black Adam
  • Centuries ago, Teth-Adam wielded the power of Shazam to save his nation of Kahndaq. However, he grew mad with power and was sealed away. Brought back in the present day, he is a man with Superman's levels of strength but one who has no issues with killing. The world sees him as a monster, especially when World War 3 was him against the entire planet, though he's a hero within Kahndaq.
Orion
  • The son of Darkseid, who was given to New Genesis as part of a peace treaty. Orion is faced with a constant struggle between his peaceful upbringing and his brutal nature as a being born from Apokolips. Despite him being destined to put an end to Darkseid, and the two of them opposing each other constantly, Darkseid still considers Orion to be his favourite son.
Firestorm
  • Thanks to the Firestorm Matrix, Professor Martin Stein and high school student Ronnie Raymond fused together to become Firestorm, the Nuclear Man. Armed with the ability to fly, fire blasts of energy powered by nuclear fusion, and rearrange the atomic and molecular structure of any object, Firestorm uses these powers to fight crime.
Sandman (Flint Marko)
  • On the run from the police, Flint Marko was caught up in an atomic test and fused with the sand in the area. Virtually invincible, Sandman has tried to rob banks only to be foiled by the likes of Spider-Man and the Fantastic Four. He's gradually turned his life around, becoming good friends with the Thing and even serving as a reserve member for the Avengers, but masterminds like the Wizard or Doctor Octopus feel the need to drag him back to a life of crime.
USAgent
  • When Steve Rogers gave up the title of Captain America, the United States government picked John Walker as his replacement. Fanatically loyal to the US government, Walker wants to do the right thing, but in his mind, the orders of the government come first, even if they involve things like hunting mutants.
Galactus
  • Galactus is the Devourer of Worlds, and a being older than the known universe. Roaming the galaxies, Galactus searches for planets to drain the energy from in order to try and end his insatiable hunger. Wielding the Power Cosmic, Galactus is nearly unstoppable, with only devices like the Infinity Gauntlet or the Ultimate Nullifier posing a threat to him.
Silver Surfer
  • The Silver Surfer once became a herald of Galactus, leading him to planets in exchange for his homeworld being spared. However, during his time on Earth, he decided to rebel against his master, and was punished for it by being trapped on the planet, unable to leave and travel among the stars.
The Vision
  • Created by Ultron to do his bidding, the Vision rebelled and joined the Avengers, where he became a long-standing member. Despite being found unsettling by most people that encounter him, he nevertheless found love with the Scarlet Witch. He once attempted to literally build himself a family of synthezoids, which ended poorly.

Last edited:

PinkFlare

Previously 1SecondNinja
Lex Luthor won't have a premiere costume, and at the moment, Strange's costumes are tied between Strangefate and None. The results for Strange's poll were pretty close, so it seems to me like people would want to see Strange having a costume, at least, so I'll go with Doctor Strangefate rather than none.

Here are the results for the voting:

Avengers: 1
Thunderbolts: 1
Anti-Hero: 5 2
Cosmic: 4
People of colour: 7
Street Level: 5 8
Legacy characters: 8
Women: 10
X-Men: 19

Non-live action movie characters: 1
Suicide Squad: 2
Women: 5
People of colour: 6
Vertigo: 9
Justice Society: 10
Cosmic characters: 13
Villains: 14

So this is what our DLC schedule will look like when we reach that point:

DC VillainX-Men Character
DC Cosmic CharacterMarvel Woman
Justice Society CharacterMarvel Legacy Character
Guest CharacterGuest Character

Hopefully that clears things up.

---

PinkFlare PinkFlare 's rivalry nominations win, and here are the polls for the costumes!

---

Job 127: rivals for Doctor Fate, Scarlet Witch, Blue Beetle, and Ultimate Spider-Man

This is the second-to-last rivals job (at least for the base game roster); I'll see what I can come up with for this one.

Job 128: costumes for Black Canary and Storm

As usual, we'll be going with a default costume and 1-7 alternates; I'll see what I can find for these two. (I didn't participate yesterday because I wasn't aware that Ms. Marvel and Zatanna had many costumes - all I could think of for Zatanna was her normal and New 52 appearances, while all I could think of for Ms. Marvel was her normal and nanosuit costumes)

---

I've got part of a Plastic Man moveset typed up, so I'll try to get that finished, and I'm hoping to get some trading card descriptions posted today. I'll try to find noteworthy gaps in the list, and/or cover playable characters who don't have descriptions.
I'm on work break so I'll make this quick.
I won't be submitting Black Canary or Storm costumes; I simply just lack the time, but there are already some nice submissions that hit all the points I would have otherwised covered.
I'm hoping somebody adds the DCEU Black Canary to the costume list since she's getting her own movie at some point.

I'm disappointed that Pairs lost, I find the individual rounds to be unorganized between both companies, but regardless I'll have to work with this. I already have nominees in mind for upcoming categories.

Speaking of which, it's good to know I can submit characters under any identity for Legacy. That definitely opens up my options and makes me more excited for the round, even if I didn't really want it.

Job 127: Rivals
Doctor Fate vs. Scarlet Witch
Blue Beetle vs. Venom
Scarlet Witch vs. Zatanna
Miles Morales vs. Blue Beetle

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I'm on work break so I'll make this quick.
I won't be submitting Black Canary or Storm costumes; I simply just lack the time, but there are already some nice submissions that hit all the points I would have otherwised covered.
I'm hoping somebody adds the DCEU Black Canary to the costume list since she's getting her own movie at some point.
Sounds good. I've added her costume to my list (I had two blank spots, and while I feel like they'd have to change the voice actor if they went with a 1:1 adaptation, even having Black Canary wear that costume could work), and if Infinity Sorcerer Infinity Sorcerer wants to change one of their costumes to include that, then they can.

On a related note, StrawPoll is down, so I can't see the results of yesterday's polls or create new ones. (which is annoying, since this is the third polling site that's been screwed up for me in less than three months) I'll wait an hour or two to see if it's fixed by then before moving on to today's jobs.

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
StrawPoll is fixed, and here are the results:
  • Legacy character is the final Marvel job for season 1 of DLC
  • PinkFlare PinkFlare 's costumes will be used for Ms. Marvel
  • Infinity Sorcerer Infinity Sorcerer 's costumes will be used for Zatanna
Here are yesterday's costume polls:

And here are the rival polls:

---

Job 129: premiere costumes for Harley Quinn, Black Panther, Raven, and Deadpool

I'm not sure whether to have a poll/vote/nomination period for which characters we should have premiere costumes for (I can only think of a handful - Captain Marvel, Catwoman, Ghost Rider (maybe), Green Arrow, Loki, and the Wasp), but for now, I'll keep going through the roster in order. Same as usual - a maximum of two costumes per character.

Job 130: costumes for Ra's al Ghul and Captain Marvel

As usual, we'll go with their default plus 1-7 alternate costumes. I'll post mine later - I've got plenty in mind for Carol, but I'll have to do some digging for Ra's.

EDIT: Captain Marvel costumes:

1. Default

2. Ms. Marvel

3. Classic

4. Binary

5. The End

6. The Last Avenger

7. Warbird

8. Alex Ross

Ra's al Ghul costumes

1. Default

2. Shirtless

3. Teacher
(just the costume)

4. Young Justice

5. Arrow
(again, just the costume)

6. Classic

7. Armoured
(with his normal appearance)

8. Arkham City

Last edited:

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
Job 129
Black Panther:

Erik Killmonger:
Well I think it was an obvious choice, he didn't only take the mantle of Black Panther before but he became a very popular character thanks to the MCU. And thats also why even if unusual I think it should use the look of that particular incarnation. It would have the same Level 3.​
Kasper Cole (White Tiger):
And for balance, there is also a character that its purely based on the comics, while iirc it should have some different powers I would like to use his White Tiger design at difference to his Panther Habit. He used guns but considering that we made exceptions for other skins I don't consider it a problem. I think it should have a different Level 3 but I don't have anything atm.​
Gwenpool:
I really want Gwenpool has her own character, but considering how she is constantly overshadowed by other submissions I will try to get her has an alternative costume, while physically they don't share an exact look sometimes Deadpool is quite slim (not like Peter but at least enough to fit Gwen's.
Ra's Al Ghul Costumes:
Shirtless
New Earth
1662250179863.png
DC Rebirth
Armor
Young Justice
1662251260918.png
Arkham City
1662251223445.png
Arrowverse (Costume Only)
Default*
Ms. Marvel
Classic
Binary
Fear Itself (Axe Not Included)
Last Avenger
The End
Bomber Jacket
*I had the idea that it could also include her helmet variant if you do a button combination similar to SFV where with a special combination you can use Urien's classic outift.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Captain_Marvel_Vol_10_1_Artgerm_Collectibles_Exclusive_Variant_Textless.jpg

Defualt

c0244912f44500476db32cdc09952e17.jpg

Ms. Marvel

7c74bacb6372f5b3d25ed8992577f2e8.jpg

Classic

Binary-Marvel-Comics-Carol-Danvers-Ms-Marvel.jpg

Binary

Ms._Marvel_Vol_4_2_Campbell_Variant_Textless.jpg

Warbird

tumblr_d125677d23f5e47734907a602e4d7153_ea49bbec_1280.jpg

Helmet

Captain_Marvel_(SHIELD_Suit)_002 (1).jpg

S.H.E.I.L.D.

Captain-Marvel2.jpg

MCU

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I'm going to try this and see how it goes; I don't know much about Blue Beetle, so I'm mostly basing this on Injustice.

Blue Beetle moveset

Unique Ability: Scarab's Wings
- by pressing the unique action button, Blue Beetle activates the Scarab's wings and dashes forward, while holding back and the UA button causes him to dash backwards. This can be used in mid-air, and cancelled into any aerial attacks or aerial specials.

Blue Blaster (quarter circle forward + attack - air OK) - Blue Beetle's hand turns into a cannon, which fires out a ball of energy. When used in the air, the ball is shot diagonally downwards, like Akuma's air fireballs from Street Fighter.

Scarab Slash (quarter circle back + attack - air OK) - extra limbs come out of the Scarab's back. When used on the ground, they swing vertically in front of Jaime, while when used in the air, they swing horizontally beneath him.

Power Blade (Shoryuken motion + attack) - Jaime holds his hand up, which turns into a blade that extends varying distances depending on whether you're using the light, medium, or heavy version. The blade moves diagonally, so it works well as an anti-air, but leaves him open to attacks from the front.

Shield Slam (back, forward, attack - air OK) - Jaime rams forwards with a shield of energy around him; this has one hit of super armour.

Level 1: Slice and Dice (quarter circle forward x2 + attack) - turning his hands into blades and growing the extra limbs from his back, Jaime uses an extended slashing and stabbing combo.

Level 2: Beetle Bombardment (half circle forward + attack - air OK) - fusing the arms of the armour into one large cannon, Blue Beetle rapidly fires it, starting at the space directly in front of him and ending at the opposite end of the stage. Using it in the air covers a lot more vertical space, but if the opponent sees it coming, they can go underneath you to avoid it.

Level 3: Shape Shifter (press all buttons) - I'm just going to use Injustice 2's super move here - Jaime stabs forward with the extra limbs of the suit, and if they connect, it starts a cutscene where he slashes them, hits them with maces, and shoots them several times with individual hand cannons before shooting them point-blank with a fused cannon.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Deadpool:

Deadpool_Merc_with_a_Mouth_Vol_1_7_Variant_2nd_Print_Textless (1).jpg

Lady Deadpool (Wanda Wilson)

I think this is probably workable. She's a farily common Deadpool variant.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
  • Infinity Sorcerer Infinity Sorcerer 's costumes for Black Canary and Storm will be used!
  • Doctor Fate's rival will be Scarlet Witch!
  • Scarlet Witch's rival will be Zatanna!
  • Ultimate Spider-Man and Blue Beetle will be each other's rivals!
  • Raven and Harley Quinn won't get premiere costumes!
Here are the polls for Black Panther and Deadpool's premiere costumes:

These are the polls for Captain Marvel and Ra's al Ghul's costumes:

---

Job 131: arcade mode rivals for Cyborg, the Wasp, Darkseid, and Thanos

This is the last set of rivalries for the base game! We've made a lot of progress when it comes to the characters - we just have three movesets left to go (Nightwing, Raven, and Catwoman), a bunch of arcade mode endings (which are quick to do, at least), and the remaining costumes. Speaking of which...

Job 132: costumes for Catwoman and Doctor Octopus

I'm hoping to finish up the base game content before moving on to DLC, but we'll see how it goes. (I might move on to DLC in the next few days instead) I figure we'll get through the premiere costumes pretty quickly if we keep up the pace of four at a time, but I want to have a list of a character's normal costumes before moving on to their premiere ones.

---

I'm going to go through the list of characters and see what I can do about coming up with arcade mode endings; I've got rough ideas for Doc Ock, Nightwing, and Deathstroke.

For reference, these are the only arcade mode endings that we haven't covered:

The FlashThor
Green LanternBlack Panther
ShazamDeadpool
RavenCyclops
NightwingStorm
Plastic ManCaptain Marvel
ZatannaDoctor Octopus
Black CanaryGhost Rider
Martian ManhunterVenom
Green ArrowLoki
DeathstrokeUltimate Spider-Man
Blue BeetleWasp
Cyborg

I might also submit more trading card descriptions - either any major absences that stick out to me, or player characters that don't have descriptions yet.

EDIT:

Catwoman costumes

1. Default

2.Golden Age

3. 1966

4. Arkham City

5. Animated Series

6. 90's

7. Batman Returns

8. Modern

Doctor Octopus costumes:

1. Default

2. Classic

3. Suit

4. Superior Octopus
(with Otto's normal proportions)

5. Trenchcoat
(just the costume)

6. Marvel's Spider-Man

7. Ultimate
(for the sake of consistency, the tentacles would still come out of his back)

8. Lab Equipment

Last edited:
Top Bottom